TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a really hard time believing that the timing was just coincidental as well.

I agree, it really is strange, but there are so many coincidences in this case......and they lead us in different directions. Such that I am starting to think that OTHER than the perp knowing Missy's routine, they were just lucky in their mission. UGH. JMO

Anyone know how tall MB was? She appears short to me. Standing next to family members... I don't get the feeling she was as tall as me. I am 5'5 JMHO....

Fellow WS Family ... Enjoy your Saturday afternoon... I think I am going to go plant some new flowers I bought. Be back later...:spring::spring:

5' 3"

Honeybee.......as a local, do you think that you have a pretty good idea of what happened here and why? I'm not asking for names, just your sense of logic in it. Thanks. JMO

The coincidences bother me also, I don't believe in coincidences but there's been a few notable cases that do have uncanny coincidences, so I'll wait to see what the evidence leads us to next.

Two things bother me from the start how did the SwatPerp get tonthe CSChurch? How did they stay dry? No wet footprints, mud or dripping outfit.

The coincidences bother me also, I don't believe in coincidences but there's been a few notable cases that do have uncanny coincidences, so I'll wait to see what the evidence leads us to next.

Two things bother me from the start how did the SwatPerp get tonthe CSChurch? How did they stay dry? No wet footprints, mud or dripping outfit.

At the risk of being slammed, I think that the initial crime scene investigation was accomplished way too quickly and possibly lots of evidence was compromised by releasing the scene too soon. JUSTMY OPINION

Still catching up on the thread since it was closed when I tried to post last night. But here are my thoughts after the presser.

I'm still of the belief that MB was targeted and her murder was a very personal crime of passion. I believe that LE has much more information than what they are sharing with the public. I also believe that they have a suspect in their sights and an arrest will happen. IMOO the presser was to update/perhaps appease the public that after a month without an arrest, the investigation is still ongoing.

In the meantime, there's been a lot of speculation on the suspect/motive/gender. What about the timing/location? There was only a small window of opportunity for the murder to take place before people started showing up for the class. So it had to be well planned. Why was it so important that it be carried out in the rain on that specific day at that specific location? I recall reading that kids were out of school that week, this was her first class since her return from Austin, last or next to last class at this location. Did she already have a new location for her next class, or was it TBD?

Bold mine. That is exactly where my mind goes.

For information purposes, a "crime of passion" is defined as a sudden outburst of anger or rage without premeditation:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/crime+of+passion

I agree with you that whoever did this had it well planned out in advance.

At the risk of being slammed, I think that the initial crime scene investigation was accomplished way too quickly and possibly lots of evidence was compromised by releasing the scene too soon. JUSTMY OPINION

What's the average length of time to secure a crime scene? Itbdoes seem they assumed it was a botched bulgary and only looked at that evidence, I hope I am wrong.
The perp could have been dropped off then changed into Swat costume outside under the covered awning, then entered, or hiked from his/her parked, hidden car in the rain and changed at the church. a small duffle bag or chest pack would be needed.

Hard to believe LE doesn't have the license number or at least the name of the state, given the camera system at SWFA. As far as stopping in the parking lot, except for the time of night, I don't find that strange. I never check my text messages or email while driving...I always pull off in a parking lot to look. And if I were traveling, I think my family would text me from time to time to check on me at that hour.
Upthread someone said they would choose the CoC parking lot over the gunstore parking lot for a quick pullover. JMO but both are deserted at 2AM, and CoC looks darker, more vegetation, and farther back from the road. I think that at night, that gun store lot and exterior is lit up very brightly, looks safer because of all the lights, and looks closer to the road and with obstructing vegetation cleared.

So everyone agrees the Altima's plates would have been easily read from the gun store. But LE is making it one of their last, important pieces to clear through. Is the car stolen?

Honeybee.......as a local, do you think that you have a pretty good idea of what happened here and why? I'm not asking for names, just your sense of logic in it. Thanks. JMO

I don't have any idea who killed Missy or why. But I knew her and I know her immediate family. Brandon may not fit everyone's definition of a grieving husband, but when the camera's are off, he's a broken, broken man just trying to get through each day for his girls and the godforsaken things he knows, and his girls know, people are saying about him.

What's the average length of time to secure a crime scene? Itbdoes seem they assumed it was a botched bulgary and only looked at that evidence, I hope I am wrong.
The perp could have been dropped off then changed into Swat costume outside under the covered awning, then entered, or hiked from his/her parked, hidden car in the rain and changed at the church. a small duffle bag or chest pack would be needed.

Depends upon the scene...but perp broke in wandered halls, spent some time. There should be albeit minute, but fiber evidence, footprints....even with too big boots! And there could even be DNA of perp on one of those shards of glass. Maybe they have that stuff.....But I agree, I think they thought that it was a botched burglary gone terribly wrong. They did ask for other agency help, but it may have been too late, as the church functions were allowed to carry on. JMO

JMHO, looking at the Google map, going either direction you pass by the church (going towards the church and turning in on right side you already passed SWFA on opposite side of highway 1/2 mile back) to get back to the SWFA you would make a U turn at the cut across right there at the Creekside church drive area and go back the opposite direction. The fact that they had a stopped vehicle on video in relative time frame as Suspect seen on camera (2 am for SWFA Altima/ 350 am first SEEN on camera Suspect) it took time for the Suspect to get into the building prior to being seen. I think that is why they want to speak with the Driver of that veh. Maybe Driver was lost, got turned around, maybe seen something and didn't realize. Its a lot easier looking for that car than maybe 4 or 5 driving down the road. JMHO . Also possible they saw the vehicle on another video from other camera later on ... or one like traveling down Hwy 287 :thinking:
Maybe the driver was googling the Whataburger (WAB) because they were hungry and drove past it. Locals have said the WAB is 24/7, maybe just the drive-thru. Although the WAB is set back pretty far from Hwy 287, and on NG the reporter said their exterior cameras do not cover as far as the road, did LE check with everyone who went to WAB between approx. 2AM and 5:30AM? That is another store where due to the danger of being open overnight, one would think they have good enough security cameras to at least record every license plate on their property, in their drive-thru. Those WAB customers had to go in one direction or the other on Hwy 287 as they entered and exited, may have seen a car on Hwy 287 or something at the CoC.

Anyone have an idea why LE compared this case to the Colton Case? No mention of gangs in the media as possible suspects.

Bold mine. That is exactly where my mind goes.

For information purposes, a "crime of passion" is defined as a sudden outburst of anger or rage without premeditation:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/crime+of+passion

I agree with you that whoever did this had it well planned out in advance.

Thanks for the clarification. I hadn't associated the passion part as short termed (in fact my mind would probably drift to long term- The longer the relationship, the more passionate...). I've lost a lot of confidence in my prognosis lately all-around lol. I'm going to stand behind pre-meditated though. Which covers a lot (hits, jealous rage, family perseverance, etc). NO WAY this is random, wrong place/wrong time. I'm pretty positive MB was targeted. If it comes out that she isn't, I'm turning in my pretend sleuthing badge and never bugging you guys again.

Whoever wrote this article is making the same mistake. The LEO who gave the press conference did not say they were cleared; he said they were not suspects. A lot of people are making that assumption, including the media, apparently.

Is there a link to the video or transcript of the press conference?

I'm looking for one now, but if you have one handy that would be nice.

They used the phrase "last remaining lead" in regards to the Altima? I hope not. [emoji22]

I'll remain hopeful and take that to mean "this is your last chance to come forward before we are coming for you!" A girl can dream, right?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes