TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Working with your own image, lines and measurements, I arrive at a suspect height of 5'5" to 5'8".

I think that the distortion is the vertical millimeter bar - it must be parallel to and angled the same as the 'vertical' angled green suspect line and also the 'vertical' angled red center 84" door line to come out correctly? because this is a one point perspective prism?

I put the photo fullscreen on my computer and measured your lines with a ruler in inches. The suspect is presumed to be standing at the center of the door and close to it.

FIRST estimate: The 'vertical' angled green suspect line = 3.25 my ruler inches, and the 'vertical' angled red center door line = 4.0 my ruler inches. If the red center line is actually 84", then the math is: 4/3.25 = 84/X, solve for X with 4X=84*3.25, then X = 273/4 = 68.25 actual suspect inches. Allowing 1" for boot heel and 2" for helmet top, 68.25" minus 3" = 65.25" or about 5'5" suspect.

SECOND estimate (same process, trying to measure more accurately with my ruler against CRT screen with image larger): The 'vertical' angled green suspect line = 4.75 my ruler inches, and the 'vertical' angled red center door line = 5.625 my ruler inches. If the red center line is actually 84", then the math is: 5.625/4.75 = 84/X, solve for X with 5.625X=84*4.75, then X = 399/5.625 = 70.9 actual suspect inches. Allowing 1" for boot heel and 2" for helmet top, rounding 70.9 up to 71 inches, minus 3" = 68" or about 5'8" suspect.

What would happen if your MM bar were placed between the suspect and the door, and also angled to be parallel with the 'vertical' angled green suspect line and the 'vertical' angled red center door line? (eg, the 'vertical' angled green suspect line is longer than the MM vertical line as shown, distorting suspect height to taller. ???

Adding: My math was trying to compare the red center door line to the green suspect line, since as you pointed out for us, the fish eye lens is very distorting making objects in the center (MM bar) different than (slanted) objects to either side (suspect and door) ??? I don't know if this makes any sense!!! LOL The MM bar would have to stick out at the top from the screen toward the viewer to be in the same plane as the suspect and the door.

Yes your conversion math is correct. Since it's difficult to determine if the distortion of items in the image is caused by the top-down perspective or the wrap of the wide-angle lens, I have no way of knowing if a distortion needs to be corrected or illustrated. The image is cropped, but in the original frame both the subject and the door are near the center, so they're arguably distorted in comparable amounts. That's why I chose that frame to isolate.

The ruler is simply a scale, and since the quality of the footage is poor, a single pixel could mean as much as half an inch in variation. It is by no means "accurate", but it's the best I'm able to do given the image quality. However, at your suggestion, I've included an example scale to the right in the image below. You might be surprised to notice that if you put a scale ruler on a simulated top-down perspective, it means the subject is even taller than my estimates (see A below) over 6'1", and LE's estimates of 5'2'-5'6" slide further down the scale ruler (see B and C below) because of perspective. So more discrepancy (between my estimates and LE's), not less.

attachment.php

Attachments

• horizon2.jpg
    horizon2.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 372
Great. Can't thank our own post. But if the Nissan was never spotted on camera at the church.

Then why haven't police mentioned the other car that was spotted at the church. Jmo

Was it the Nissan or another car or am I speaking Ukrainian here. Lol.

Lol. Btw. I'm doing a schizophrenic post from someone that posted to my leading comment earlier. Lol.

Sorry.

I am inferencing that they think the car was seen both places, or at least the vague image they have of a car at the church has similar characteristics to the Nissan and could be the same vehicle.
I have also read that the oval sticker on the Nissan in question may say Avon across the bottom. If anyone is good at blowing up & examing images, this might be interesting to confirm.

According to MLPD briefing it was raining that morning and Chief Johnson mentioned, that they did not quite understand why the license plaid was so well lit up and yet the camera did not pick up the info. He then adds the rain conditions etc. *may* have interfered with a clear reading. It seems to me - and that is strictly a thought - that they went back and checked older tape recordings with similar weather conditions, or that they even tested it out themselves mocking the conditions or waiting for a nightly rain and it was inconclusive. If the license tag was indeed manipulated via blocker spray (as posted earlier) or via else, MLPD may have come to the conclusion, that the cameras should have picked up the tag and that they really want to talk to the owner of that vehicle for clarification. In that case they would not know the owners ID and hence the mentioning of the oval sticker as an additional start point. -Nin

Exactly. If they could read the license plate and knew whose car it was, they would have already spoken to the person. They wouldn't be asking the public if they know who's car it is.

Great. Can't thank our own post. But if the Nissan was never spotted on camera at the church.

Then why haven't police mentioned the other car that was spotted at the church. Jmo

Was it the Nissan or another car or am I speaking Ukrainian here. Lol.

Lol. Btw. I'm doing a schizophrenic post from someone that posted to my leading comment earlier. Lol.

Sorry.

I think you're assuming that they know a lot about the car on camera at the church.

Imo. The reply to quote option only shows a direct reply that someone made to someone else.

But it doesn't show the totality of the meaning if all wasn't replied to. Jmo.

A jury thinks the same way if a judge doesn't allow certain back thoughts from others. Jmo

Since I now think our perp is someone very interested in law enforcement and tactical maneuvers, I wonder if (s)he is a member or guest here at Websleuths and/or followed the case of the death of David Messerschmidt and was inspired by the perps gear that made it very difficult to identify even the gender on surveillance camera. I remember many of us speculating about the clothing of that perp and whether or not the person may have been LE, a security guard, etc.

I am inferencing that they think the car was seen both places, or at least the vague image they have of a car at the church has similar characteristics to the Nissan and could be the same vehicle.
I have also read that the oval sticker on the Nissan in question may say Avon across the bottom. If anyone is good at blowing up & examing images, this might be interesting to confirm.

They never said that.

They asked for the car at the gun shop.

But never showed a picture from a car at the church. Jmo.

Imo. The reply to quote option only shows a direct reply that someone made to someone else.

But it doesn't show the totality of the meaning if all wasn't replied to. Jmo.

A jury thinks the same way if a judge doesn't allow certain back thoughts from others. Jmo

I'm not sure what you're saying.

Well, that's not the only reason. As many others have stated also, people who are familiar with the car/perp could come forward with information that they didn't think was relevant before they saw the car and connected the dots.

I thought what you did, but others pointed out that criminals often think they're smarter than the police and come forward to talk in these scenarios relatively frequently.

If the car is connected to this murder, could be that either the vehicle or the plates were stolen. I don't think anyone connected to the killer will ever come forward, even if they know what he did. jmo

Fact. In an interview she said BB was devastated when he learned of MB's indiscretion. It wasn't clear if she was referring to the LinkedIn incident or something else.

It was in the people interview. I reread the article & to be fair she did not say BB was devastated but rather the news had to be devastating to him. Her opinion.

Thanks! I'm open to any idea of a motive. But, her husband and MIL didn't find out about the flirting until after Missy's death. They had no idea before. The husband and MIL are not POIs at this time. The message guy has been cleared. His wife had not idea. So... hmmm

Did anyone believe it when the LEO at the presser said that they could not find out who the " creepy message " was from ?

Ok. I think that all the speculations about the car mean nothing. I really am starting to believe this was just interrupted vanadalism. Perp was so nonchalant bc he expected to b alone. Used hammer to bust a few windows and whatnot. Wore the gear bc of the surveillance cameras. Was shocked when MB came in the church and panicked, killed her, then split. I dont believe LE playing games. I really think they have nothing. Unless the perp confesses or they have some dna this will go cold.

Do you think it would forever traumatize kids who already lost a mother to watch a father be put to death?

First of all, I doubt that whoever their guardians are would allow minor children to attend the execution and second, do you think the parent who slaughtered an innocent person should be given a lighter sentence simply because of the fact that they happened to have children?? Think of all the scum on death row that would love that!! That "parent" if the murderer is one, because I DON'T KNOW who the murderer is, should have thought of their children's welfare first like you are. And, yes, I completely agree this would traumatize the children, if any, forever. But Missy deserves justice and the jury decides the sentence - children or not. The murderer is the one who chose to make his or her children victims. All of this definitely MOO.

after re-reading this, there is no way anyone would allow Missy's kids to watch anyone to be put to death, so it's a moot point IMOO. and you are assuming a man did it, when I don't have a clue who did. It almost makes me think you are alluding to BB and. I definitely don't think he had anything to do with it. Again, MOO. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks! I'm open to any idea of a motive. But, her husband and MIL didn't find out about the flirting until after Missy's death. They had no idea before. The husband and MIL are not POIs at this time. The message guy has been cleared. His wife had not idea. So... hmmm

But LE has already said that there were also extramarital relationships; they were on the verge of divorce last year; if she was cheating, I'm sure THAT devastated him when it happened.

Did anyone believe it when the LEO at the presser said that they could not find out who the " creepy message " was from ?

With not a ton of computer knowledge you could create a LinkedIn account (or other social media account), use it, and cover your tracks enough so that it could never be traced back to you. If you are behind a proxy when you create the email address you used to sign up for LinkedIn and you only access LinkedIn while behind a proxy then it will be very hard for LE to figure out who you are.

I truly think that our posts helps identify a jury. Jmo.

Because some people understand and some people don't.

So here we are.

Let's just hope the prosecution have facts. Jmo.

Because some people may not comprehen some things.

Even if a word or 2 is mispelled. Jmo

Can you provide a link please for "they were on the verge of divorce last year." I guess I have missed that along the way in these threads. Tia

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Imo. The police need to clarify what they truly need and why. Jmo.

They are leading folks to too many questions with the lack of them simply clarifying the why on certain things.

So why is the mpd announcing things about slueths sending them on 40 hour man hunts. Jmo.

Very unprofessional.
RSBM
I went on twitter today and searched for information about this case. All I can say is good grief. The picture of the car alone has some people posting tons of tweets about them seeing all sorts of wild paintings on the car, the nationality of the person inside, some very crazy and, quite frankly not helpful stuff. In this day and age where defense attorneys take all of this stuff and use it against the police if they don't look into every "tip" I can see why the police have said random thoughts are not helpful.

The police released the car info for a reason. I'm not sure why, but I am sure there is a reason. It could even be what they said in the presser: this is the last bit they need to go through before they are done with the video tapes. They need to do all they can to cross these possibilities off the list so that the defense doesn't cause reasonable doubt.

If that's an argument against anything, it's an argument against the death penalty -- not whether or not to charge a woman's husband with her murder.

Exactly. It's just a rhetorical question regarding whether it's fair or unfair to further traumatize children.

Anyway....IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member