TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple: the only way he could have known anything about the operation of the cameras, is if he had inside information, not only to the church, but specifically to the security camera system. That would be highly unlikely I think.

Second, I don’t think it is rare for buildings not to be alarmed. Security alarm systems are expensive. I believe they are only common in high risk locations, such as the gun store.

It's so different in the UK, most buildings are alarmed & have security systems, including churches to discourage vandalism. Does anyone know if the cameras to the parking area were visible?

Re the pic of the car at SWFA I see the contours of a wall, on the upper right especially, with the car silhouetted in front of it.
But I have yet to see a pic that makes me think "that's the section of wall."

So the theory of striping on the roadway is a reasonable alternative
attachment.php
while we are guessing and curious.

But I come back to, does the distinction and an answer, whatever it is, REALLY push the needle anywhere? I'm not sure I see that we can learn anything, if we decide the pic was this exact spot or that ...and especially since LE already knows the answer to the question. Just not sure how it matters.

I've forgotten the info about the large house across the highway from the church. The one behind a tall privacy fence. Last I read it's a wedding venue or rented out for other events. Anyone know? I kinda doubt it has cameras. tia!

I've forgotten the info about the large house across the highway from the church. The one behind a tall privacy fence. Last I read it's a wedding venue or rented out for other events. Anyone know? I kinda doubt it has cameras. tia!

Last I heard it was rented out for events. I wondered about that house...jmo

It definitely baffles me too. I think it might also be a large part of what makes this case seem so disturbing to me. The calm, nonchalant, and bored demeanor of this person is so creepy!

I've read a lot of material about self-defense---because I tend to be an overly paranoid person (probably because I spend too much time reading about horrifying crimes on WS ;)---and everything I've read talks about the importance of recognizing signs of a fight-or-flight response. Even seasoned criminals and true socio/psychopaths display these physical signs right before an act of violence because there will always be some risk involved. The outward appearance of the fight-or-flight response is not something that can be controlled or hidden. That's why experts tell us to pay attention to anyone acting unusual--pacing back and forth, darting eyes, jittery or jumpy, can't sit still, an immediate change to the tone, speed, or pitch of voice, sweating a lot, etc.

I guess it would be difficult to discern most of those things from video footage though. I've also read that sometimes, especially with an experienced criminal, this process happens rather quickly---within minutes, or sometimes even seconds, before they attack. It still seems strange and freaks me out though.

IMO, the suspect's gait and mannerisms look similar to those of someone cognitively impaired.

BBM: what makes you say that? Not being snotty! I did what I always do when someone says something I don't necessarily agree with because I love it when I learn something! I did some Googling to see if I found anything, but got tired (need to eat something or take a nap) and I gave up to ask you :) I have been known to change my mind when enlightened!

It's so different in the UK, most buildings are alarmed & have security systems, including churches to discourage vandalism. Does anyone know if the cameras to the parking area were visible?

There is a white camera looking thing to the left of the black pole, halfway down. Are the black poles for security lighting? at top?
GoogleEarth_Image.jpgO

O I thot you were talking about swfa. cause that is where my head is

:floorlaugh: Sorry, but I am laughing because NG stole my sketch from here lol No, its not to scale. I drew a box and filled in stuff as I figured out stuff long ways back. Since she stole my stuff, I just not putting my up to date revision. Mine that she stole is on page 2 iirc of the Media thread...

Also, this picture indicates that Missy went into these main Front doors.

IIRC, she parked under the awning, then realized her key did not open the side door, so she had to walk around to the Front doors. This would indicate her normal procedure was to go in the front doors if she did not know her key worked on that side door.

This brings the question up were these side doors opened for her class regularly?

The image/picture I am discussing is on page 12, post 171. I couldn't get it to post on this page. Arkansasmimi, I checked your drawing out and NG left a few things off, so I had to come back and make my post follow this image. Your's has much more detail and is the Best! :rockon:

I have a question, why is there no video shown of the killer leaving the church after he has killed MB? Sorry if this has been answered before.

LE stated that they believe SP left through the entry point. It was always odd to me that none of the hallway cameras captured SP leaving the scene. Until I SMH and realized SP just walked out the doors of the vestibule which open to the awning under which MB parked her vehicle. There are no cameras capturing the vestibule activity, according to NG's plan of camera locations (yes, I know) but, mostly because even if an outdoor camera was focused on the awning area, they weren't operational. Therefore, there is no video of the departure.

That is the best I can do to make sense of the floorplan, the camera locations/working order and the absence of any shot of SP after MB walks down to where SP is located. Unless, of course, LE is just not telling us what they have.

BBM: what makes you say that? Not being snotty! I did what I always do when someone says something I don't necessarily agree with because I love it when I learn something! I did some Googling to see if I found anything, but got tired (need to eat something or take a nap) and I gave up to ask you :) I have been known to change my mind when enlightened!

I think SP walks like someone loaded on something, booze comes to mind.

the white camera looking thing is on the building, halfway down the length of the pole. Maybe that is the one that took the altima exit pic?
someone said it looked like eye-level, but there is some perspective correction for most surveillance cameras.

Last I heard it was rented out for events. I wondered about that house...jmo

I posted some google earth pro pics of the dirt roads/tire tracks leading to back behind house, where there is no fence. Big City Accountant suggested perp parked at house. The dirt roads go back to the railroad tracks.

Or any kind of downers. Lots of people take a pill or two to calm their nerves nowadays.

Thank you. I think dual license plate lamps solves that mystery of the odd double-rounded effect on the top of the plate. Also, I looked at your potential rear passenger photo - no luck for me, I don't see anything but dark. And to other poster who mentioned that the bright taillights might be reverse lights, good call. One other point, most cars now have automatic headlights that if the car is moving, then the headlights are On whether the driver turned them on or not, day or night, so it's harder to sneak around with no headlights (like in the CoC parking lot).

I think the "bat wings" over the license plate was created when the numbers were blotted out with a white circle before the image was released. Clearly there are perfect circles there. IMHO.

Looks like Altima has the left flasher on, based on the size of the light 'fuzz' on the left side of the car, front and rear. Conscientious driver.

While I don't believe that it's accurate that Nissan went around the SWFA building, does it matter? (FWIW, I think, as you suggest, they simply pulled into the parking lot and parked right by the front door somewhere. To me, the car pics look like taken in that front door area, too.)

But in any event, there's nothing to sleuth out about that car's location, that can be helpful. It's not a mystery to LE as they know exactly where the car sat for a few minutes.

It's probably not a big deal one way or another (eh, it's a slow night), and you're right...LE are the only ones that know the answer to that. The reason I mentioned it was because (as discussed upthread) if a perp had gone there to wait after breaking into CC - to see if alarms summoned LE - pausing on that side of the building (brick wall/trash area) wouldn't afford them much of a view.

I think SP walks like someone loaded on something, booze comes to mind.

What's the meth situation in Ellis County? Meth heads do crazy stuff.

Also, does SWFA buy and trade firearms? Is this the local place to do this?

I honestly don't know how to explain it because it has to do w/ their mannerisms more than anything else. And, I probably should have added MILDLY to that statement.

I don't mean to offend anyone by saying that. And what appear to be their mannerisms could actually be shoddy footage or caused be the weight of their gear. The waddle type factor to their walk, holding on to the wall for support (this could easily be the result of heavy gear/injury) and the way they opened those separated doors---opening the bottom first and then the top and it almost looked like s/he nearly hits himself in the head with the top half. Maybe the person is drunk or on drugs?

I just re-watched the video and the gait seen as he/she is walking towards camera after being by the bulletin board looks different to me than the gait seen of him/her walking around the corner and opening those doors.

I honestly don't have a clue... lol

the white camera looking thing is on the building, halfway down the length of the pole. Maybe that is the one that took the altima exit pic? someone said it looked like eye-level, but there is some perspective correction for most surveillance cameras.
The SWFA owner loves cameras! He may even have some rigged in those trees back there for watching wildlife (car license plates). In aerial photos of the property there are light poles all over and around the parking area, too. The one you are pointing out looks like it aims straight down on the walkway filming anyone right before they step under the arch where there is a door?

Respectfully, BBM I have not read that about the foyer headlight activating the camera. We also do not know for fact that the Suspect didn't drive around the building either. I would be interested in the link saying this as all I could find was just ones stating as I posted earlier, but not saying where the surveillance camera was that recording MB truck pulling in. TIA

If the Swatperp DIDN'T drive around the building~~to me~~that would mean SP came from the south and had a view of the parking lot from that angle. There would have been no way to determine if LE was taking a break or just checking out the building at that time. It makes no sense the SP didn't check the parking lot for others in the area, so I'm going with the SP came from the South.

LE stated that they believe SP left through the entry point. It was always odd to me that none of the hallway cameras captured SP leaving the scene. Until I SMH and realized SP just walked out the doors of the vestibule which open to the awning under which MB parked her vehicle. There are no cameras capturing the vestibule activity, according to NG's plan of camera locations (yes, I know) but, mostly because even if an outdoor camera was focused on the awning area, they weren't operational. Therefore, there is no video of the departure.

That is the best I can do to make sense of the floorplan, the camera locations/working order and the absence of any shot of SP after MB walks down to where SP is located. Unless, of course, LE is just not telling us what they have.

However, there are two inside cameras very close to those side doors.

If I am understanding this floor plan correctly, Missy was attacked right in front of those side doors where the two cameras are placed close together. See the little red circles in the right lower corner?

It amazes me too how SP got out without being seen.

The SWFA owner loves cameras! He may even have some rigged in those trees back there for watching wildlife (car license plates). In aerial photos of the property there are light poles all over and around the parking area, too. The one you are pointing out looks like it aims straight down on the walkway filming anyone right before they step under the arch where there is a door?

Wonder if he can see the train tracks behind his business. Because trains are fun to watch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee