TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(BBM "the source" in this added quote for personal response.)

Here is the link to the article specifically stating that Missy's 4:16 arrival into the church parking lot was recorded by the church's INTERIOR cameras (we were discussing this in the wee hours this morning):

From: https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

"Surveillance cameras inside the Creekside Church of Christ didn't capture the killing, but did record images of Bevers' arrival and of the mysterious person Midlothian police suspect of taking the 45-year-old's life. ...

The church’s cameras were motion-activated, causing recordings in different sequences, but police have been able to stitch together a better timeline, which they also released Friday.

Monday, April 18, 2016
3:50 a.m. — Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ.

4:16 a.m. — Mrs. Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot. ..."

---

Other sources I've read have also described how these interior cams were activated as she pulled up under the SW entrance with the awning, but this link should suffice.

Now, to try to catch up on the thread again...
Thank you again for trying to help. Respectfully, again they are using the information from Official Press Release, on their timeline. This was released on 4/22, long after they had obtained video from other sources to look at. They (MSM) all are just assuming that this came from the video within the church. I am not convinced either way because they(LE) have been so vague.
As with video, where the car in the frame in distance came from, they are vague as to where the surveillance camera is that caught this. *at the April 18 Press Conf, they stated they had obtained surveillance from area businesses*

April 19th

Johnson said a vehicle can be seen on the video may belong to the killer, but there's not enough information to give the public. "There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

Then they gave the Updated Official Press Release on April 22. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523292#post12523292 We honestly do not know where the surveillance camera is that gives them these 2 pieces of info. We are just assuming. I dont want to assume anything.

Stats on types of murders women commit - if this was a woman - and that has not been confirmed.

Stats here:

According to the Department of Justice & TIME magazine, stats show that:

Female murderers tend to know their victims.

Only 11.9% of female murderers' victims are strangers
41.5% of female murderers kill a significant other, spouse, ex-spouse, or someone they're dating
29.9% kill acquaintances
16.7% kill a family member (7.5% murder a child)

830 women were arrested in the USA in 2012 for murder and "non-negligent manslaughter".

--mentioned here:

http://cw33.com/2016/05/20/new-leads-in-missy-bevers-murder-investigation/

The store owner says when they first spotted the car on their security camera, they thought someone was scoping out their store. Then they heard about the murder.

"It could just be a coincidence, if they pulled in or if they did have something to do with it," said Dillon Hazelwood, sales manger of SWFA Outdoors. "We’re just excited that there’s new information out now."

Thanks!

The church is only about .2 or maybe .3 mile from the business. Its just on the opposite side of the road.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I live in Texas and the Texas Rangers (not the terrible baseball team) are so badass. They are extremely tight lipped and not to mention dreamy �� They have no jurisdiction restraints as special forces and if you skip town they will find you, fast.
I think it's possible they have a qualified theory and POI but I can't see them leaving this fruitcake in the general public even they were even close. The whole theory about telling us about the car as a red herring sits heavy in my chest and feels wrong. In Texas you can only be held 72 hours without a felony charge being filed, then you can just walk out. I hope they won't jump until those dang ducks are single file walking in a row. Can you imagine being this person, this swatperp. I bought some edible adult treats in a trip to California and hid them in a cookie bag. I swear every time I saw a cop car or one I THOUGHT was my hiney puckered up. I was so paranoid and nervous. I just can't imagine the feeling of impending doom this creep has right now.

Heck yes! They have Walker Texas Ranger ;) and Hotch and Team... Ok... but we know <<< Those are bad azz and the REAL DEALS are REAL... They got this!!! :busted: ** don't be dissing on the the other Rangers either.. we all have our moments :hot: love me some baseball

Maybe a bit of liquid courage.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

If the perp was drunk then - IMHO - it's less likely for this to be a hired killer & there must be some personal connection. Not impossible, times are tough but... less likely.

I was favouring a hitman theory but a drunk perp makes that a goofy idea lol. If the perp was indeed drunk... sipping from cup + holding wall - more likely they were. And more likely female? Not sure.

Anyone in the forum an expert on inebriated movements?

There is a Hertz Car Rental place at the airport.

Actually I believe it’s a Hertz Local Edition Free Pick Up & Return Service. That means they will pick up and drop off customers at that airport. It doesn’t mean that they have an office at the airport. The service is also only available Mon-Fri 7:30am-6:00pm, Sat 9:00am-12:00pm.

Hertz Local Edition Free Pick Up & Return Service

Thank you again for trying to help. Respectfully, again they are using the information from Official Press Release, on their timeline. This was released on 4/22, long after they had obtained video from other sources to look at. They (MSM) all are just assuming that this came from the video within the church. I am not convinced either way because they(LE) have been so vague.
As with video, where the car in the frame in distance came from, they are vague as to where the surveillance camera is that caught this. *at the April 18 Press Conf, they stated they had obtained surveillance from area businesses*

April 19th

Johnson said a vehicle can be seen on the video may belong to the killer, but there's not enough information to give the public. "There&#8217;s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,&#8221; Johnson said. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

Then they gave the Updated Official Press Release on April 22. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523292#post12523292 We honestly do not know where the surveillance camera is that gives them these 2 pieces of info. We are just assuming. I dont want to assume anything.

Respectfully, I am not assuming this fact (that interior, motion-activated cams at CC caught her car arriving in the parking lot), but using MSM as a source which is reporting what they've been told by LE. The timeline was "stitched together" by LE using the "church's cameras."

That's about as 'factual' as we get around here. If LE is saying one thing to one or more news outlets but you believe they really mean something else and/or they want to keep what they really think private about whether that interior CC camera captured her car on video, that is your prerrogative. But I've brought in the supportive documentation you requested. And as far as I can see, I am not making any assumptions other than to assume 1) the reporters got their info from LE right, and 2) LE were being truthful.

My #819 post again:

From: https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

Surveillance cameras inside the Creekside Church of Christ didn't capture the killing, but did record images of Bevers' arrival and of the mysterious person Midlothian police suspect of taking the 45-year-old's life. ...

The church&#8217;s cameras were motion-activated, causing recordings in different sequences, but police have been able to stitch together a better timeline, which they also released Friday.

Monday, April 18, 2016
3:50 a.m. &#8212; Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ.

4:16 a.m. &#8212; Mrs. Bevers&#8217; pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.

Here is one from CBSDFW, as well - timeline provided to reporter by MPD. The video surveillance referred to is all in context...it is from CC. Take it or leave it, but this satisfies my question as to whether or not Missy's car was caught on surveillance from Creekside Church interior motion-activated cameras.

image.jpg

Everything that has been discussed regarding her FB timeline indicates to me that she was in a “vulnerable” state of mind and easily targeted as she appears to be very trusting. So to your theory, I would agree that she peaked someone’s interest that matches your description. IMO

I spent couple hours taking notes last night. She was very much open for the last 2 years giving her times where she would be.. She has been doing the 5 am boot camps since she got her Personal Trainer certification. She was also doing Spartan workouts and other fitness related (like the Warrior Dash type challenges). Sadly, so much information (getting up at 3:30-3:45 a.m. to be at xx place by 430..) for last 2 years! Scary, this could have happened anywhere... but sadly it did. We do not know why April 18th. May not truly ever know all the facts on that. One thing I have learned from this case and others... There are security and privacy options for a reason. We are a trusting body of souls.. But there are evil among, us sharing the same oxygen. Sadly like most things, we do not realize *advertiser censored* until something happens. Its always someone else. I would pray that anyone reading this... especially the family of MB... lock those kiddos fb up tight! photos, friends everything. Personally I don't like seeing young kids having social media pages. They don't realize the true dangers that should be so innocent. People online are not always who they say they are. ...

The perp being from LinkedIn seems plausible to me as well. Especially since they cannot trace the message or confirm its existence. I use LinkedIn as a regular networking tool as I am in sales. if you are not a connection the only way you can send what they call InMail to a stranger is if the non-friend is if for example Missy manually changed her personal settings to be wide open, void of the privacy features. However, you can pay for what they call LinkedIn Premium, which I do and I have 20 free InMail messages I can send ANYONE. Even a CEO of a company who has his account set to only receive messages from his connections. It's for head hunters and sneaky sales people like me.

MB had multiple online presence. She also had a business selling designer Jeans... There is no telling were she came in contact with this Suspect. Just on fb pages the last 2 years (April 2014 to April 2016) she has been putting her cell phone, home address, work places, I will come to you.. selling Thrive... She had one fb for her Miss-fits Fitness, but its taken down, but she was on various other fb pages and Twitter. Whew I don't see how she had time to rest !

I have a small theory that makes sense to me, so I'll share:

I think that the person who sent the linkedin message is responsible. I think the timeframe in which the creepy message was received and the killing took place is too close to be coincidence.
I don't believe that the killer and MB are FB friends, which would explain why the linkedin message was from "someone she didn't know."

The killer is probably single, and a collector of weapons and/or tactical gear, and it was probably purchased online.
When think about the type of person that is still awake at 4 am (I don't think he got up early), able to leave home without being noticed absent at that hour (or stay out until that time), I get the picture of a loner.

I think this person is a social outcast, and a recluse, and lives nearby.
I bet there is an FB profile for the perpetrator within 2 degrees of separation from MB.

JMO, of course... I'm just not seeing this as some sort of love-triangle vendetta...

I agree; I think the person who sent the "creepy" LinkedIn messages is the best lead. The timing is too much of a coincidence; I wonder what the messages said. If it was the perp, I'm sure they sent them from a fake profile but I would think LE (via the LinkedIn SW) might be able to trace the IP address of whomever sent them - unless they were also calculated enough to use a VPN. :/

My opinion veers with your on motive though - I think the perp is a woman, and the motive was some sort of 'love' (affair or perceived affair) vendetta.

If the perp was drunk then - IMHO - it's less likely for this to be a hired killer & there must be some personal connection. Not impossible, times are tough but... less likely.

I was favouring a hitman theory but a drunk perp makes that a goofy idea lol. If the perp was indeed drunk... sipping from cup + holding wall - more likely they were. And more likely female? Not sure.

Anyone in the forum an expert on inebriated movements?

While I still do feel there's a personal connection, I'd also be willing to accept the possibility that the initial statement to media about MB possibly interrupting a burglary could be true as well.
I grew up in a town where it was pretty common for people to get drunk go out and cause mischief: vandalize the local schools, wander around in houses under construction, etc..

I could very easily believe that this individual thought that 4 am at a church was an unlikely place for anyone else to be, and decided to do his bad deeds for the evening there not expecting MB to show up.

Might be worth looking into any other unsolved (or solved) break-ins and/or reported vandalism in the area.

**EDIT: example - http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160116/NEWS/160119574

I spent couple hours taking notes last night. She was very much open for the last 2 years giving her times where she would be.. She has been doing the 5 am boot camps since she got her Personal Trainer certification. She was also doing Spartan workouts and other fitness related (like the Warrior Dash type challenges). Sadly, so much information (getting up at 3:30-3:45 a.m. to be at xx place by 430..) for last 2 years! Scary, this could have happened anywhere... but sadly it did. We do not know why April 18th. May not truly ever know all the facts on that. One thing I have learned from this case and others... There are security and privacy options for a reason. We are a trusting body of souls.. But there are evil among, us sharing the same oxygen. Sadly like most things, we do not realize *advertiser censored* until something happens. Its always someone else. I would pray that anyone reading this... especially the family of MB... lock those kiddos fb up tight! photos, friends everything. Personally I don't like seeing young kids having social media pages. They don't realize the true dangers that should be so innocent. People online are not always who they say they are. ...

Could not agree with you more!!

I just can't get behind the idea of a drunk guy being able to overpower a fitness instructor. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm just thinking about the times I've been intoxicated and I definitely couldn't have.

I just can't get behind the idea of a drunk guy being able to overpower a fitness instructor. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm just thinking about the times I've been intoxicated and I definitely couldn't have.

He didn't have to overpower her, he just had to clock her with his hammer.

One of my theories. I can also see the possibility of a love vendetta or a failed business revenge as well. But a loner can come and go as they please without anyone in the home being concerned about when they or what they are wearing.

Agree. Also she was giving shout outs and good jobs (I sure most were sincere) but she was also promoting her businesses. Possible the Suspect took it more personal and felt dissed... or the failed business angle too. We kinda touched on that last night. She was promoting the Trive on Twitter at least until March 22. Multiple posts on FB trying to recruit new people to join... same as with CG, recruiting both trainers and boot camp clients. Big talk about making big $$. As someone stated last night, could be someone who lost everything and blamed it on MB. Like a former LE or maybe was a former Pros... I think people (local) will be shocked when the Suspect is arrested. Maybe not so much as who but maybe as LE Motive. I want it to be a total stranger myself.

Does anyone here know about analyzing blood spatter? I remember on Dexter, he could judge the height/size of the perp by the way the blood spattered around him. Is that possible in real life?

MB had multiple online presence. She also had a business selling designer Jeans... There is no telling were she came in contact with this Suspect. Just on fb pages the last 2 years (April 2014 to April 2016) she has been putting her cell phone, home address, work places, I will come to you.. selling Thrive... She had one fb for her Miss-fits Fitness, but its taken down, but she was on various other fb pages and Twitter. Whew I don't see how she had time to rest !

Yeah. sigh. It seems like she really enjoyed and was energised by the marketing competition, but those MLM gigs seem to make zombies out of people, to me. I can fully understand the fitness and workout and trainer part of her sense of accomplishment and well-being, but I got the impression that she also was looking for the big $$$$. She mentioned getting rich quite often. Too late now, but I wish she had gone back to teaching school and stayed away from MLM's. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjulius