TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php
Well, this is from TV's NG, so I don't know first hand. Plus, the building is actually more square than rectangle as shown in this sketch.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 6.57.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 6.57.52 PM.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 526
Ok this may sound stupid. but the other SWFA video are color. So I guess the night time ones would not show color but wouldn't it at least show red taillights? I think so too. They are just holding everything close. Everything they said was said and chosen. We just have to wait to find out why. Hopefully not much longer.
Astounding what a color night vision camera can pick up. However, a light-source can really overexpose parts of the image as seen here: http://petapixel.com/2015/12/03/this-is-what-a-color-night-vision-camera-can-see-in-near-darkness/

Sounds like the perp was either a) interrupted doing something only he understood in the church, having entered very shortly before MB appeared, in itself too much of a coincidence to me, or b) wanted and/or needed to murder MB in that particular location. Some kind of obsessed church stalker. I think not a "hired hit" of any kind. Way easier just to have shot her as she exited her vehicle, taken her purse to make it look like a robbery, and left. jmo

JMHO, the video camera wherever it is located to capture someone coming through the doors at the Covered Awnings, is where MB entered. Same doors that we see in the Suspect video .. entrance/exit doors that are by the Dutch doors..... View attachment 95057

My opinion comes from the SW for iPhone & iPad

At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area.
The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the
building.

I thought she entered through the main doors, which to me sounds like the grand entrance on the front of the building, not the side entrance (maybe both door locations have awnings?)

Respectfully, BBM I have not read that about the foyer headlight activating the camera. We also do not know for fact that the Suspect didn't drive around the building either. I would be interested in the link saying this as all I could find was just ones stating as I posted earlier, but not saying where the surveillance camera was that recording MB truck pulling in. TIA

Sorry, I am not sure exactly what you have found, and I have only seen mention of MB car on surveillance a few times in media reports. I did find this one again (see below my notes here).

I am still confused as to whether she entered from the same door where she parked. From this article, that is what is implied, if I am to understand she was seen on cameras both parking and entering. Otherwise, it would have to be two diff cameras if she was seen entering a diff door from where she parked. Am I right on this? Can you restate your feeling on where she entered (where she parked, or the other entrance) and where the camera was? (never mind,,,, see ETA below) Was it an indoor or outside camera that caught her? thanks

The suspect arrived at the church first and forced entry into the location," Kevin Johnson, the assistant chief of the Midlothian police, said today.
Bevers, 45, was seen on security footage parking in the church's lot and entering the building "not realizing the intruder was already inside," Johnson said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-release-footage-suspect-texas-church-murder/story?id=38607372

BBM

ETA:
just going back a few pages to catch up and saw that you believe she went in the same door as where she parked....right?
Now ..... does anyone know exactly where security cameras were, both in and out?

I'm still getting caught up but wanted to comment on this before I forget. If the swatperp did in fact break in at an earlier point in the middle of the night, perhaps they were also able to stash a duffle bag of gear just inside the door, but out of sight of the camera. I'm still trying to figure out how they are so dry....short of someone dropping them off right at the entry point.

Could have been why the kitchen window was broken. throwing something IN, I had thought long while back that was to see if alarm went off (on that window and back double doors. But that does make sense. ...Bust the window, throw in bag...change in the swat suit, all dry and go about your killer bizz

wonder what age group she worked with?

I thought I could narrow it down by looking on SBEC, but she is all level Special Education (PK-12). She had kept up with her hours because her certification is still valid. However, she had no content areas tied to it-- math, English, generalist, self-contained, etc. so she wouldn't be qualified to teach under "highly qualified" guidelines in Texas with her current certification.

https://secure.sbec.state.tx.us/SBECONLINE/virtcert.asp

Your link doesn’t work.

Rats try it again... Maybe this ss can get a better idea of height * took it from the news video of them doing the reconstruction work. Still same video, just diff ss.
may 12 creekside church 4 door frame.jpg

Yes, but Houston is enormous, whereas Midlothian is not. The weather history for the town itself should be fairly accurate. jmo

Not to mention, Midway Airport is right near the church. The weather report there would be spot on.

attachment.php
Well, this is from TV's NG, so I don't know first hand. Plus, the building is actually more square than rectangle as shown in this sketch.

:floorlaugh: Sorry, but I am laughing because NG stole my sketch from here lol No, its not to scale. I drew a box and filled in stuff as I figured out stuff long ways back. Since she stole my stuff, I just not putting my up to date revision. Mine that she stole is on page 2 iirc of the Media thread...

Sorry, I am not sure exactly what you have found, and I have only seen mention of MB car on surveillance a few times in media reports. I did find this one again (see below my notes here).

I am still confused as to whether she entered from the same door where she parked. From this article, that is what is implied, if I am to understand she was seen on cameras both parking and entering. Otherwise, it would have to be two diff cameras if she was seen entering a diff door from where she parked. Am I right on this? Can you restate your feeling on where she entered (where she parked, or the other entrance) and where the camera was? (never mind,,,, see ETA below) Was it an indoor or outside camera that caught her? thanks

The suspect arrived at the church first and forced entry into the location," Kevin Johnson, the assistant chief of the Midlothian police, said today.
Bevers, 45, was seen on security footage parking in the church's lot and entering the building "not realizing the intruder was already inside," Johnson said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-release-footage-suspect-texas-church-murder/story?id=38607372

BBM

ETA:
just going back a few pages to catch up and saw that you believe she went in the same door as where she parked....right?
Now ..... does anyone know exactly where security cameras were, both in and out?

I seem to remember a local (on a few threads back) confirming the key that MB had was to the Main doors (not the side doors where MB parked). I also seem to remember some discussion here about if those side doors even had a key or they were needing to be opened from the inside. It's been a while since I went back on threads so I apologize if I don't remember exactly.

Rats try it again... Maybe this ss can get a better idea of height * took it from the news video of them doing the reconstruction work. Still same video, just diff ss.
View attachment 95064

Folks have done a remarkable job trying to judge the height of the perp. I just don't understand why we cannot seem to accept LE's press conference update on the height of the SP. AND, comment not meant for the post I'm bumping off. A hard case to follow when there is no flow-

The outside cameras of the Creekside Church will remain somewhat of a mystery to me. Were they intentionally tampered with, did the rainy evening into morning affect their functioning- I wish I knew because this could offer another layer of planning on the part of the SP. This person was hiding behind their costume, yet acted very boldly in other ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we knew about the outside cameras too.

During the PC on April 22, a reporter asked if the outdoor cameras were disabled by the suspect and he said they were still investigating that possibility but they currently don't believe the cameras were tampered with.

He also said there were some "technical issues there at the church" that caused some of the videos to activate while others did not.

Sorry.. (insert red face)

:floorlaugh: Sorry, but I am laughing because NG stole my sketch from here lol No, its not to scale. I drew a box and filled in stuff as I figured out stuff long ways back. Since she stole my stuff, I just not putting my up to date revision. Mine that she stole is on page 2 iirc of the Media thread...

BBM

ETA:

Yes that is my belief, that she went in the building through the doors by where she parked. and that a camera inside caught her entering in at 418am Her truck being caught on surviellence video, its jmho that that came from SWFA video. If nothing other than taillights turning in . JMHO I know nothing other than just reading.

During the PC on April 22, a reporter asked if the outdoor cameras were disabled by the suspect and he said they were still investigating that possibility but they currently don't believe the cameras were tampered with.

He also said there were some "technical issues there at the church" that caused some of the videos to activate while others did not.

Thank you for this clarification from my post. Also, the footage from the gun shop may not have been zoomed in the Creekside Lot but I will attach the photo I zoomed in on from Sparky's just to show that cars driving up and down 287 will have already been fully examined by the experts.
8a66705442b082340d5583e6ba4c73dc.jpg

Should this SP be scared???? Yes, I think so!!! They are going to arrest you for what you did and throw your cowardly self in jail.

Folks have done a remarkable job trying to judge the height of the perp. I just don't understand why we cannot seem to accept LE's press conference update on the height of the SP. AND, comment not meant for the post I'm bumping off. A hard case to follow when there is no flow-

I agree. I appreciate the hard work that folks have put into their height theories, and I'll be the first to admit that my math sucks and I'd never come up with anything remotely close to those...however, I'm going with the official LE release of 5'2" to 5'7". I think there is some camera distortion involved that is hard to account for just by looking at the videos and pics, also there is some accounting for shoes and hat/helmet that needs to be taken into consideration..

Something also to consider: Many facilities/businesses that have cameras aren't checking them regularly. Some businesses only pull them up when there has been an event requiring them to do so. The church may have thought they were taping/recording just fine until they needed to access them and quickly learned there was a problem.

Regarding the outside cameras we don't know how well known the issues were prior to Missy's murder. Was this something the church only discovered AFTER her death? Was this an issue that existed prior and was known prior and, if so, WHO knew? Otherwise, it seems like a coincidence that the killer can park a vehicle (assuming they drove to the church) without the vehicle and/or license being recorded, then enters in a disguise because of the inside cameras. IOW, they can conceal their identity both inside and outside the church. It maybe coincidence and the killer was very lucky or they planned this well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artificiallife86