TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Altima photo seems to have been taken at a low height, almost at eye level. Not from a pole. IMO

It is important where the Altima was parked for those few minutes. There is a brick wall with white trim around the back of SWFA which is where I thought the photo was taken. I'm not seeing wheels turned or the road stripe... Not yet anyhow. I keep staring at it trying to see the road.

Here is a view from SWFA to the church in the distance (top left). IMO this could where the first PR mentioned having captured a photo of a car taken from a distance. This video starts off showing surroundings of their store. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x8otfKXGMgQ

You make a very good point here. Swatperp wouldn't be driving down the road at that time of the morning all dressed up in that getup, so they would need somewhere close to the church to put that outfit on. Could you imagine Swatperp driving down the road and being seen by LE in that getup? Swatperp had to stop somewhere to put it on and I think it was at SWFA.

It's a Texas thang...

Having lived in various Texas towns, small, big, and huge, there are six types of Texans who typically own full "no-knock warrant entry and/or riot control" gear:

1) active law enforcement personnel
2) reserve deputy sheriffs (their gear would usually be marked "Sheriff's Deputy" or similar)
3) reserve police officers
4) constables
5) law enforcement wannabes who are seeking to join the ranks
6) ex law enforcement

The perp is probably from the surrounding area...is at least passingly familiar with the church...has probably been inside it previously. The apparent surprise at the Dutch door is not all that interesting...I wouldn't know every door of any of the churches I have visited. Perp might even be a "Holiday Christian", like me!

Why the church? What a boring place for an adult to break into! Of course the favorite pet theory is that the perp was targeting the victim...but weird to break stuff which could alert the target to your presence. That's the LAST thing I would do.

Perhaps the perp knew somebody who worked at the church (unrequited or ex-love?) and was sniffing around for personal effects/momentos or information. This sort of thing has been done before by lonely folks with too much time on their hands. A person in limerance will do crazy things to obtain addresses, passwords, letters, diaries, and phone numbers.

If the perp did not know about the cameras, wearing the outfit would let him claim to be responding to suspicious activity if he were caught in the act...the Hero Responder. If the perp did know about the cameras, then that line of reasoning would be rendered moot.

I'm impressed how the analysis has matured over the weeks, even though additional information has been limited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the new height details tell the world (especially the friends and family of SP who have been suspicious) is that SP is not a 6 foot tall Goliath, in fact SP is not even 5'8" or 5'9" tall. SP is no taller than 5'7" and not shorter than 5'2". This tells me SP is 5'4"-5'5". Just thinking that I would be adding some inches to the height on both ends, if I were making an announcement. It is called "wiggle room". But, the circle of possible suspects is tightening and it is starting to look more and more like a FSP. And by the look in SP's eyes, there was no fear, only calm before the rage. Whoever did this didn't just start acting weird. This is a mental break down, someone has to have noticed. So, some people are starting to squirm, as in "oh, no! It can't be her, right?"

Just saying. JMHO

I see progress. Eyes are on other people now. And most of all SP feels the pressure.

I just so happens that LE released a single shot of a vehicle sitting in the very parking lot where newly released video shows that parking lot has cameras that work very well. Well enough to be able to count the money of the man in the truck. Come on. This is serious pressure.

This was a huge announcement.

Thank you LE.

What does FSP mean?

Does anyone know if there are transcripts anywhere of MPD's press conferences, and Brandon Bevers' media interviews?

I'm putting together notebooks on my OneNote app to try to gather everything in one place. There sure is a lot of info to gather considering we still know nothing!! Lol.

I've transcribed a lot of the interviews, but the only one I can (at this moment) say that I've transcribed in its entirely is the Tuesday, 4/19 interview. Msg me an email and I can email it to you.

Killing someone by hand requires a lot of adrenaline. A lot of buildup. Emotion. Rage. Desperation."

None of that was apparent in the casual bumbling around of the perp on video. That's what baffles.

It definitely baffles me too. I think it might also be a large part of what makes this case seem so disturbing to me. The calm, nonchalant, and bored demeanor of this person is so creepy!

I've read a lot of material about self-defense---because I tend to be an overly paranoid person (probably because I spend too much time reading about horrifying crimes on WS ;)---and everything I've read talks about the importance of recognizing signs of a fight-or-flight response. Even seasoned criminals and true socio/psychopaths display these physical signs right before an act of violence because there will always be some risk involved. The outward appearance of the fight-or-flight response is not something that can be controlled or hidden. That's why experts tell us to pay attention to anyone acting unusual--pacing back and forth, darting eyes, jittery or jumpy, can't sit still, an immediate change to the tone, speed, or pitch of voice, sweating a lot, etc.

I guess it would be difficult to discern most of those things from video footage though. I've also read that sometimes, especially with an experienced criminal, this process happens rather quickly---within minutes, or sometimes even seconds, before they attack. It still seems strange and freaks me out though.

IMO, the suspect's gait and mannerisms look similar to those of someone cognitively impaired.

but weird to break stuff which could alert the target to your presence. That's the LAST thing I would do.

It's late, and I'm tired, so please forgive if this sounds nuts, but perhaps the assailant was breaking things to make it appear that MB was not the target. That it was an attempted robbery/vandalism gone wrong. MB was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't see their movements as bumbling so much as I see them as showing that they are unafraid at all. Kind of an "in your face".

They would have only activated if in a room where camera is. We don't know if there is a camera in the Kitchen area or not. If not then they would first be picked up on whatever camera their motion activated a camera. That just information we do not have.

Could someone local tell me if the church rents out the church for other venues such as birthday parties, retirement parties, etc?

The Altima photo seems to have been taken at a low height, almost at eye level. Not from a pole. IMO

It is important where the Altima was parked for those few minutes. There is a brick wall with white trim around the back of SWFA which is where I thought the photo was taken. I'm not seeing wheels turned or the road stripe... Not yet anyhow. I keep staring at it trying to see the road.

Here is a view from SWFA to the church in the distance (top left). IMO this could where the first PR mentioned having captured a photo of a car taken from a distance. This video starts off showing surroundings of their store. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x8otfKXGMgQ
#1 is facing swfa #2 is, as if you are on 287, turning westward, to the right #3 is, as if you are in driveway leaving swfa, like Altima
Pasted_Graphic_2.jpgPasted_Graphic_1.jpgPasted_Graphic_3.jpg

I wondered about that too. What I figure is that the murderer chose a location away from her home and her children. Too much risk of having witnesses - potentially witnesses that could identify you or chase you. As far as the "why not a gun?" question. The no gun angle is what makes me believe MB knew her killer. Probably well. If you've ever handled a gun, you know how tricky it can be to nail a target at any distance. Especially a moving target. And while it's possible to kill someone with one shot, the likelihood of that is surprisingly small unless you are point blank. If you absolutely want someone dead and you don't want to get caught, using a gun is actually a bad choice. Especially if you know the victim. Guns are loud - potentially attracting attention and other witnesses to your crime. Guns aren't anonymous - they leave ballistics and trace evidence behind. If someone close to you is murdered with a gun, you will likely be asked to turn your gun(s) over to LE. Your firearm records will be looked into, including evidence of marksmanship practice, ammo purchases, etc. Killing someone by hand requires a lot of adrenaline. A lot of buildup. Emotion. Rage. Desperation. If you know your victim, there is no turning back once you've started. If you don't finish the job, you risk being identified and you fail in your mission. So a murder of this kind virtually guarantees death if you might be prone to hesitate or chicken out due to emotional attachment to your victim. All of this tells me had she survived, she might have been able to identify her attacker.
I agree with everything you posted about a gun NOT being a good choice, and you have expressed it so well. As for person-to-person killing, yes it might require an adrenaline dump, but the T Sievers murderers used a hammer and they were strangers with no emotional attachment, so I think it is do-able. One thing I would add, they wanted MB alone not only so there were no witnesses, no one to chase them, but also no other person to struggle with or kill, and also no one available to dial 911. This was a high risk operation down to the minutes...

Yes, that is a possible angle. But if I was going to surprise someone, I would not leave doors open and broken glass scattered about. I would be afraid that my target would see that and immediately high-tail it out the door.

Of course, this may be a clue into the killer's mindset / intelligence level.

Exactly. 2 perps !!!

Interesting thought... Because I've constantly wondered why sometimes he/she appears to be carrying a basic hammer and other times it looks like a crowbar and/or why reports reference multiple tools being used or recovered near her body.

I mean, there's only so many tools one could stash away under that outfit. It's not like they could walk around with an entire tool shed strapped to their chest.

First post here. I found and joined this website bc of this case. It's just driving me insane for some reason. In my opinion, I believe this was vandelism gone wrong. I do not believe she was targeted or that this was a burglary. I think the perp is a single, 20-40 yr old male with minor mental illness. Lacks social skills. Non-athletic. Possibly abused growing up. I think he may have wanted to be a cop all his life but didn't possess the tools/brains to be one. He was getting back at the Police and God in one swing. I think he was living out a fantasy. Possibly like a video game. I don't believe he knew anything about the class being held there. I don't think he's on social media and I think he lives nearby. Missy arriving at that church blew his fantasy and he completely panicked because he didn't expect something going on at a church on an early Monday morning. If this clown was a hitman he wouldn't be wearing all that stupid gear? If he was robbing the place then where is the bag for the cash/valuables? He wore the gear as an fu to the police bc he knew he would be on camera. And he vandalized the house of the Lord bc of who he is. Missy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. RIP. Just my opinion folks

I too have thought something similar at times. The one thing that stopped me though is as far as I'm aware the police haven't issued a warning to beware of someone which they would do if they thought it was some random person going round killing people. Forgive me if I'm wrong about the police not warning anyone, I'm not completely sure on that one.

RBBM

Help me understand how the 4:45 am weather is important. ☹️ Numbers trip me up often, and I'm operating today on little sleep.

(I recall this original 4:45-dog-coyotes post, too, and was all sorts of confused then, as well.)

The press release MPD issued on April 22 states that the perp is first seen on video at 3:50 am, an hour and five minutes before the local poster let her dog out at 4:45.

Isn't the weather at 4:45 a nonissue, as far as the perp's arrival is concerned?

As far as his arrival, yes, though I wasn't addressing that per se in trying to answer the previous poster's question (which was just about the weather in general that morning). Seems the 4:45 AM weather might be more pertinent to the perp's exit than his arrival (and we don't really know what time he arrived, so it's hard to know what the weather was doing when he arrived).

ETA & Correction: just went back and reread and think I understand your question better--AmandaSkies (who I was responding to) was asking what the weather was between 4am and 5am...and no, don't know why that particular time frame was of interest to her.

I have a question, why is there no video shown of the killer leaving the church after he has killed MB? Sorry if this has been answered before.

The following weather info is taken from someone else's link, maybe the same as you noticed. From the closeby airport. They apparently took data every 20 minutes, for the hour-to-date. (We can see how much fell each 20 minutes by simple subtraction.)

Here is the precip that fell in each 20 minute interval from 2:00 to 5:00 that night (I have it in spreadsheet form, but I can't figure out how to add that to my post, so I'm just listing the bottom line data):

1:55-2:15 0.14 in
2:15-2:35 0.14 in
2:35-2:55 0.10 in
2:55-3:15 0.06 in
3:15-3:35 0.16 in
3:35-3:55 0.17 in
3:55-4:15 0.18 in
4:15-4:35 0.19 in

4:35-4:55 0.04 in

What I notice is that the rain was really heavy in the 3:15 to 4:35 window (bold), but started letting up after 4:35 and by about 5:00 was light. After that (which I have not posted), it let up further and then stopped.

That may help offer explanations for two things:
1 why the camper who arrived at 4:35 didn't go inside until near 5:00, waiting for the rain to subside, and
2 how the perp may have been able to drive away unnoticed ...not only the possibility of "he left earlier" but also that there was heavy rain further obscuring visibility until it let up approaching 5:00 am.

Hmm is that 6/100ths of an inch between 2:55am and 3:15 am? No reason to assume SP got dripping wet or muddy, if we are thinking SP arrived much earlier than when first seen on video. Drying off in the kitchen before going into the hallway with a box of used Handi-wipes?

As to the temperature, it was 62 degrees and raining when Missy arrived. If it were me, I'd be wearing a rain jacket and with the hood pulled up as I got out of the truck and ran to the door. Keep the hood up inside just to keep it from dripping on the floor. Head down the hall toward the other door.

If Missy was beaten with a hammer while wearing a hooded jacket, it may not have been a bloody mess. Seems most mess would be contained within the layers of her clothes. I wonder about her defensive wounds; her arms. Hammer verses lady - bad deal.

First post here. I found and joined this website bc of this case. It's just driving me insane for some reason. In my opinion, I believe this was vandelism gone wrong. I do not believe she was targeted or that this was a burglary. I think the perp is a single, 20-40 yr old male with minor mental illness. Lacks social skills. Non-athletic. Possibly abused growing up. I think he may have wanted to be a cop all his life but didn't possess the tools/brains to be one. He was getting back at the Police and God in one swing. I think he was living out a fantasy. Possibly like a video game. I don't believe he knew anything about the class being held there. I don't think he's on social media and I think he lives nearby. Missy arriving at that church blew his fantasy and he completely panicked because he didn't expect something going on at a church on an early Monday morning. If this clown was a hitman he wouldn't be wearing all that stupid gear? If he was robbing the place then where is the bag for the cash/valuables? He wore the gear as an fu to the police bc he knew he would be on camera. And he vandalized the house of the Lord bc of who he is. Missy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. RIP. Just my opinion folks

I believe this as well. Perp is a law enforcement groupie...he hangs around LE and is from a nearby area.

Taglights :
Thank you. I think dual license plate lamps solves that mystery of the odd double-rounded effect on the top of the plate. Also, I looked at your potential rear passenger photo - no luck for me, I don't see anything but dark. And to other poster who mentioned that the bright taillights might be reverse lights, good call. One other point, most cars now have automatic headlights that if the car is moving, then the headlights are On whether the driver turned them on or not, day or night, so it's harder to sneak around with no headlights (like in the CoC parking lot).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap