TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Creepy Message - I still think this points away from the family and more towards a stalker, known or unknown to people around her. If the family was angry at her and wanted her dead, why not just kill her and be done with it or drop hints at dinner to her about their anger. It could possibly point to someone jealous of her, like the spouse of a lover, but even then I think they'd just want her dead, as would a lover who didn't want to deal with her anymore if she refused to let go. They wouldn't taunt her with some creepy message. To me this point more towards someone who DID want her and who she didn't want. They fixated over her long enough to make a fake LI account and send her a creepy message. If the perp perceived she wronged him/her in some way they might also do this but it's more likely to be someone who she scorned imo. Whatever that messages says probably tells the motive. That's probably why the reader of it isn't talking to the media. Any ideas on what it could have said? From reports it sounds like it wasn't too specific. Some guesses...

1. You're done *****.
2. Who's laughing now.
3. You're so fake. You think you're all that.
4. I'm watching you.
5. Be careful.
6. Time's almost up.

I believe he was speaking that he was a teacher of a class, or a deacon, or another position held in the church. Some would refer to it as working for the Lord.

IIRC----BB volunteered at the Cowboy Church, working with AV equipment.

IMHO

Going off of ATasteOfHoney's and No it's not recent posts. (TY).

The possible murder weapon has been described as a Large Hammer.

"Midlothian police released a longer clip showing the person walking through different parts of the church and swinging what appears to be a large hammer."

So I asked my construction worker friend what trade would use a large hammer in their day to day work. He replied a framer is the only one he could think of.

Of course the murderer could have picked up the tool anywhere. But I support the idea that the tool has a specific purpose which limits it's day to day use. One does not usually have a large hammer in the tool box. Of course now 28 posters will come forward to say they do. :laughing:

attachment.php

It looks like a regular sized hammer to me. Definitely nothing like that picture. It's not long.

IIRC----BB volunteered at the Cowboy Church, working with AV equipment.

IMHO

Thank you! Yes, he said in the presser that there were lots of valuable things to steal from a church. Then, a member of a CoC - not Creekside said they are minimalists and don't have a lot of fancy equipment.

"Midlothian police released a longer clip showing the person walking through different parts of the church and swinging what appears to be a large hammer."

So I asked my construction worker friend what trade would use a large hammer in their day to day work. He replied a framer is the only one he could think of.

Of course the murderer could have picked up the tool anywhere. But I support the idea that the tool has a specific purpose which limits it's day to day use. One does not usually have a large hammer in the tool box. Of course now 28 posters will come forward to say they do. :laughing:

View attachment 95600

I'm No. 1 of 28. I've had it for almost 20 years and rarely use it. I'd hate to have to rely on it in a case like this, though, even if I had the element of surprise on my side.

I don't believe it's been mentioned that the SP has a slight tick with their left hand, my husband noticed it. Somebody else (family member) does too. It showed up on the MPD interview with BB and RB. This hasn't quite left me and I personally am trying not to let it impact my views on this case BUT it's so peculiar. Also, if any WS have knowledge of this tick and it's common, just as the walk is pointed out to be more common, please advise. Thank you.

Just saw where you were already looking for it! [emoji5] ignore my question. Lol thanks again!
It's fascinating how people see what others do not see. Love seeing everyone's thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*SNIPPED BY ME*

(And of course,
this person may have that type of "gear" at their home.)

(Any "persons of interest" that police might come up with,
you would think that any search warrant that may be carried out,
this would also be stated (in some way) on the search warrant, included in the things that they may be "looking for" (that may exist.)

:wagon: Glad you joined the community here at websleuths!!

I snipped your post just to keep it shorter. I understand what you're saying. This perp could have taught self defense, or their spouse could have. We discussed that earlier in the case as well. Because no one has officially been named a suspect, we can't say who you are suspecting. We are aware that those within Missy's circle of contact teach self defense, and were named on the search warrant for phones. If that person or the couple are POI or suspects, LE hasn't official named them.

While the gear is important, anyone owning that type gear might not be. Within a link to that gear, like I mentioned above in a post, DNA of Missy's on the gear, then it's just gear. We discussed that gear extensively, and even police have stated they aren't sure what they are seeing in the videos in regards to the gear, or the gender! For all we know, it's pieces of different things put together to resemble official gear.

The gear and it's 'possible' association to the perp's lifestyle, or job is something LE has no doubt looked into.

We haven't seen all the warrants for this case, IMO, only a tidbit of what LE has done. Whether LE is missing one piece to solve this case or multiple pieces, we don't know. They may have even taken parts of that gear from someone and sent it in for testing, we don't know!

Maybe not equipment but to a drug addict looking for a $30 buck score.....sermon monies that are collected after Sunday sermons is a gold mine!
When were those monies of that specific church deposited & where were they stored until the deposit? Cofactors church specifically only....no other church's procedures apply. TIA.

View attachment 95600

No worries, gliving......I don't have a large hammer in my toolbox! :laughing:

At 0400, committing the murder at the house is just as likely. Someone who didn't know about the church, the Camp Gladiator, the cameras, etc., might just as well have picked the house. Shoot or club the person as they are walking to their vehicle. I haven't looked at the house, though, so I don't know what possibilities existed. Jodi Huisentruit and possibly Jennifer Kesse were abducted while going to their vehicles. That is more complicated than merely killing the victim and leaving the scene. Look at what happened to Dan Markel in Florida - he was shot in front of his house and to the best of my knowledge there was no reliable description of the killer or a license plate number.

Knowing cameras were inside and the ones outside were not, I'd be more inclined to find a way to do it outside the church as opposed to inside. If Missy was targeted, this person planned it well. Part of confidence in committing an act like this comes from knowing you've planned it well and thought of every possibility. The killer researched this location well or was VERY lucky.

Inside the church was a confined area. Victim less likely to escape; more easily cornered.
Killer wanted Ms. Bevers to know identity (s) of killer(s), so killing her without that face to face encounter would be contrary to killer(s) objective(s)
Murder at the church insured adults would discover the body.................murder at home........that day........who would discover the body???????????? (how horrible would that have been!)
Whole scenario was quite purposeful.

I don't believe it's been mentioned that the SP has a slight tick with their left hand, my husband noticed it. Somebody else (family member) does too. It showed up on the MPD interview with BB and RB. This hasn't quite left me and I personally am trying not to let it impact my views on this case BUT it's so peculiar. Also, if any WS have knowledge of this tick and it's common, just as the walk is pointed out to be more common, please advise. Thank you.

I am unable post it as its a FB posting. As for tick, it's more a wrist type snap back of the hand when the arm is moving forward.

I'm very interested in this, as my POI also has this left-handed wrist action when arm moves forward. But...my POI isn't a family member, so that might only mean this trait is more common than we think, and so would not necessarily establish a firm connection to any one POI in particular.

If you can tell us at what point in the swatperp video you see this, I'd still be interested in taking a look.

Creepy Message - I still think this points away from the family and more towards a stalker, known or unknown to people around her. If the family was angry at her and wanted her dead, why not just kill her and be done with it or drop hints at dinner to her about their anger. It could possibly point to someone jealous of her, like the spouse of a lover, but even then I think they'd just want her dead, as would a lover who didn't want to deal with her anymore if she refused to let go. They wouldn't taunt her with some creepy message. To me this point more towards someone who DID want her and who she didn't want. They fixated over her long enough to make a fake LI account and send her a creepy message. If the perp perceived she wronged him/her in some way they might also do this but it's more likely to be someone who she scorned imo. Whatever that messages says probably tells the motive. That's probably why the reader of it isn't talking to the media. Any ideas on what it could have said? From reports it sounds like it wasn't too specific. Some guesses...

1. You're done *****.
2. Who's laughing now.
3. You're so fake. You think you're all that.
4. I'm watching you.
5. Be careful.
6. Time's almost up.

I agree with all those being creepy, and then I think it could been the message was very specific, maybe like "I like your hair like that." Or "your pink workout suit looks really good on you." Something really specific that would make Missy think someone was watching her or following her.

O/T: I checked out AnyTime Fitness in a neighboring town, about the same population as Midlo. I think I'm going to join. I'd rather work out in air conditioning. I was a member of Snap Fitness for a long time. It's better to go about 9 a.m. and miss the jocks. They tend to come later in the evening/night.

Women can be full of evil, spiteful, catty, taunting, etc., and sometimes over the stupidest things! I mean seriously, one lady in our animal rescue was pissed about who did the most cats one year. IMO, it didn't matter who trapped how many cats, it was more important that the cats were TNR'd. YET, stupid things were done to sabotage reputations, etc. It wasn't to the level of murder, I'm just saying the motives can be so stupid to the outsider, but for the person feeling wronged, shunned, less than, jealous, whatever, their reality is what is counts. So to us, whatever the motive may seem like NO WAY! BUT, to the murderer, it made sense or else they wouldn't have chose murder as the answer to the problem.

I know in the majority of the cases, the perp is usually someone associated with the victim. Either spouse, lover, exspouse or boyfriend/girlfriend, coworker, etc..... however, we can't forget that murders are committed by strangers as well. Those, IMO, are the hardest for LE to solve without strong DNA or other physical evidence. IMO, unless somehow this perp was injured in killing Missy, or Missy was able to bite, or something that drew blood, their gear is going to be prevent the fingerprints, palm prints, DNA that some cases have. I don't know what evidence they have anymore than you all do. The video while wonderful isn't enough to point to anyone, IMO. Now if they find those items in the video, the gear, hammer, etc., in someone's possession, it may help, but again, it would have to be more than that. If the actual gear were found, there's a probability of finding Missy's DNA which would indeed link that gear to Missy. Finding the gear alone, with no DNA though, doesn't show a link.

Contrary to some posts here, churches are broken into. I know ours was many years ago, and the only thing missing was the speakers that were so old they seldom even worked! YET, 3 people broke into the church! So maybe Missy interupted or surprised the thief after all. I don't know! I can say it's staged, because nothing was taken, but maybe they didn't have time to take whatever, or was hoping for tithes to still be at the church, and they weren't, so they decided to trash the glass. I don't know. And won't know until an arrest.

There's just too many open ends to any theory I try to come up. I still think it's bizarre how similar it is to Teresa Sievers case, but I'm not saying those perps did this crime as well. It just nags at me how a hammer may have been used at both, when a hammer isn't the first tool most think of using when planning a murder! There's just so many other weapons available that to CHOSE a hammer is bizarre to me. Not a hatchet, axe, gun, knife, etc. Not strangling. Not suffocation. Not drowning. Not poisoning. Not a car accident. A damn hammer! It's one aspect that doesn't make sense to me. IMO!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! Please take time to enjoy it with your family! :grouphug:

Good post Hope. Could be some female CG trainer jealous MB was getting more clients, or taking her clients or something. Or some perceived jealousy over some male. Or maybe she felt insulted by MB somehow.

Agreed, although, I will say, LE can say what ever they want to the public. That doesn't rule out them looking deeper.

I totally agree. I think that LE would come and say outright...These people are totally cleared. But they haven't - that I have seen.

It looks like a regular sized hammer to me. Definitely nothing like that picture. It's not long.

I'm only going off what LE has reported as to the murder weapon. Not a medium hammer, not a little hammer, a large hammer. hth

women sometimes develop a gait like SP has during and after pregnancy due to pressure placed on the sciatic nerve. they tend to walk with toes out to alleviate pain in the lower back. the foot on the affected side sometimes drags too. this happened to my bff and it took lots of effort to correct.

I think the fact that the daughter of MB wasn't there did not escape the killer. The murderer could have also murdered her in the home, and did not.

The murderer knew Missy, or knew someone who did, very well. I do not think she mentioned on her FB account that her daughter would not be there.

For me, that's an important piece of the puzzle.

No worries, gliving......I don't have a large hammer in my toolbox! :laughing:

I know what I'm giving you for Christmas (kidding). I have a toolkit and all my tools have pink handles!! Including the hammer. My hubby even uses it, but hates to admit to it. Even my tool bag is pink! I like pink! The screwdrivers are pink and the pliars. It's so cute and handy and organized!

That being said, the hammer being pictured is a big arse hammer! I don't think the perp was carrying that big of a hammer. The one picture that someone blew up, the claw ended looked extremely sharp, sharper than a regular claw hammer. Than again, I don't trust my eyes, or my imagination.

Does anyone remember the interview with the SIL regarding going to MB house that morning to be with the girls. She got worried because one of the daughters goes to class with her. Can you imagine what could have happened if the daughter had been with her that morning?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yes I remember that interview.
IIRC it was somewhat known by CG, family, others that the eldest child only went to the 9 am, and I think the SP knew this. That being said, I don't believe she was in any danger. But you are correct... That would have been absolutely more devastating. [emoji22]
If I may add to your mention of the interview [emoji5], I also thought it was a spiteful interview, with a lot of blame placed on MB, and the discussion KS had with the daughters regarding MB murder was completely uncalled for public knowledge. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 0400, committing the murder at the house is just as likely. Someone who didn't know about the church, the Camp Gladiator, the cameras, etc., might just as well have picked the house. Shoot or club the person as they are walking to their vehicle. I haven't looked at the house, though, so I don't know what possibilities existed. Jodi Huisentruit and possibly Jennifer Kesse were abducted while going to their vehicles. That is more complicated than merely killing the victim and leaving the scene. Look at what happened to Dan Markel in Florida - he was shot in front of his house and to the best of my knowledge there was no reliable description of the killer or a license plate number.

Knowing cameras were inside and the ones outside were not, I'd be more inclined to find a way to do it outside the church as opposed to inside. If Missy was targeted, this person planned it well. Part of confidence in committing an act like this comes from knowing you've planned it well and thought of every possibility. The killer researched this location well or was VERY lucky.

That is exactly why I've been saying LE should check to see who accessed the churches website in the days and weeks leading up to the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0