TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
80" may be the minimum, but I believe the standard is 84", and I'd be extremely surprised if those doors were less than 7ft.. I think those measurements are legit
I posted the standard because that could explain the big change in the height of the perp from 5'8" to 5'2".

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I think this may be why they released the photo of the Nissan Altima, DA or Grand Jury told them they need more. So they show the public the still shot trying to either get more evidence, or to get someone (SP or conspirator) to turn themself in. At least I hope Le is this far along. JMO.

I had read a long ways back that sometimes the DA would go before a GJ to get a feel if they had enough. We don't have them here, so JMHO and honest questions.

That makes sense. You wouldn't want to build to the exact minimum of 80", because you wouldn't be leaving any leeway for the structure to settle, floor buckling, whatever. If the height fell down below 80" then you'd be out of compliance and you'd have to address it. 84" inches gives you 4" of play.

And I don't know if any of the doors shown on the video are storage closets - if so, we shouldn't be trying to estimate measurement on those. A small storage closet (small meaning less than 10 sq ft) is exempt from the 80" minimum.

That door the Suspect tried ot open and couldn't did not have the little window pane in it where as the others did. JMHO from looking at the video
ETA nor does the door at the corner, next to HOLY GROUND. I thinking those are storage rooms.

Standard for commercial interior doors is 84" - very occasionally are the doors 80" but they are "virtually always" 84" (according to my TX builder family member).
I've had many commercial buildings designed and built in my career and as I posted the (minimum) required height is 80". The height of the suspect was changed immediately following the re-enactment and measurements were taken. JMO but the change may be due to door height being less than first thought.

JMO, I don't see how a life insurance policy payment could be held up or denied just because an arrest hasn't been made. Missy is still dead. That being said, insurance companies have been known to use every trick in the book to stall or deny payouts.

I would be VERY surprised if they've made a payout. This was a murder under mysterious circumstances, one that police believe was targeted. In those cases, the husband is often strongly suspected, even if police don't publicly treat him as such. So the insurance company can and probably will hold off on payment while the death is under investigation. Unless maybe the life insurance is a small amount, which it sometimes is for a female spouse. So $10,000, they might pay. $200,000? I doubt it. JMHO

That's what I would think. Say in the Sievers case, if he was the beneficiary of the policy, then they paid out the company is paying the murder and lost their $. I would think JMHO they would wait until know for sure beneficiary is not the murderer.

But in this case even if BB should happen to be guilty, wouldn't the money go to Missy's girls?

I had read a long ways back that sometimes the DA would go before a GJ to get a feel if they had enough. We don't have them here, so JMHO and honest questions.

what was that ole saying about indicting a ham sandwich lol

But in this case even if BB should happen to be guilty, wouldn't the money go to Missy's girls?

I haven't seen anything yet mentioned about insurance policies.

Perhaps it would depend on who the secondary beneficiary was for the insurance policies.. as most people have secondary beneficiaries

:moo:

ETA: Public Service Announcement here????

... Everyone really should have a will .. They are easy to draft even off the internet for a simple one for free.. and make sure if you have a primary beneficiary on your life insurance policy.. there are secondary beneficiaries

I have not a clue. I do not know who is guilt, if there is a life insurance policy and if there is who was the beneficiary. Too many unknowns. I was thinking if there is a policy they would be holding off. JMHO. at least until case is cleared up. Not sure if Texas has a program to help with burial of murder victims. I was wondering if People Magazine paid for interviews, thinking that would give the family some $$ as to why they gave those interviews.

I posted the standard because that could explain the big change in the height of the perp from 5'8" to 5'2".

I've had many commercial buildings designed and built in my career and as I posted the (minimum) required height is 80". The height of the suspect was changed immediately following the re-enactment and measurements were taken. JMO but the change may be due to door height being less than first thought.

On the surface, yes, a different door height might explain it. But then I remember that LE actually were on scene (and more than once) taking careful measurements for coming up with this 5'2" to 5'7" range after the earlier 5'8" - 5'9" one. They know exactly how tall those doors are. So I'm thinking this latest range is because they know from those measurements that perp's height is 5'6" to 5'7" (nailed it, IMO), but conceivably could be shorter if wearing lifts to change this perp height already adjusted for helmet.

Using this range will also give prosecution some leeway when brought to trial. The important thing is, you can appear taller on camera, but there's not much you can do to disguise yourself as shorter than you actually are. So the height at the top of that range (IMO) is a reliable one if perp is not actively disguising it and trying to appear taller (eg. lifts in shoes).

By common law, the beneficiary doesn't even necessarily have to be convicted for the insurance company to deny payment:

http://www.thefederation.org/documents/schuman.htm

That link has this interesting tidbit of case law:

"In Eskridge v. Farmers New World Life Insurance Co.,[53] the insured carried three life insurance policies totaling approximately $350,000. The insured was found dead, but the medical examiner could not determine the exact cause of death due to severe decomposition. Nevertheless, he did not eliminate death by homicide. The estranged husband had been listed as beneficiary and the insured’s children challenged his right to receive the proceeds. Though no criminal charges resulted, a subsequent civil action determined that the husband had murdered the insured, barring him from recovering the insurance benefits. The decision was affirmed on appeal."

So bottom line is yes, the girls could ultimately get the money. If he were convicted, they likely would just get it by default, I think. If he wasn't ever convicted, they'd have to challenge his right to the proceeds and engage in a civil suit.

The only time I'm somewhat compelled to think it's a woman is when you see perp walking from behind. There's a sway in the walk. But a flat looking rear which is more of a man feature unless the woman is much older. Otherwise, I see a man. I think some of the reason for the female-looking sway is the too-big shoes.

The most compelling reason for me to think it's a man is the sequence leading up to the opening of the dutch doors. I see broad shoulders and a slight hunch (more than slight, actually).
hunch.png

That head is definitely leading the charge, here... and the turnout of that right foot is clearly affecting their walk, like you would see in some people with back problems (sciatica), polio, or a hip injury... a slight "jounce" when stepping with the right...

It's a walk I recognize, and have seen before, but it's so hard for me to describe... I'm picturing a 20 something man, out of shape, with horrible posture, dragging his feet like some lethargic, dull-witted gaming addict.. I'm really not seeing a person wearing lifts or "acting;" I'm seeing a genuinely screwed up man.

**EDIT: I'd love to see one of you fancier types overlay a skeleton on this still frame to show what I mean (if it makes sense, that is)

:thinking: JMHO. bad choice of words. I would be relieved, angry a lot of various emotions, even more so if I knew the Suspect.

Mother-in-Law of Texas Fitness Instructor Killed in Church Shares Family's Frustration a Month After Murder: 'When They Make an Arrest, Will We Feel Like Celebrating?'

BY JEFF TRUESDELL @ jhtruesdell 05/27/2016 AT 09:10 AM EDT
"When they make an arrest, are we going to celebrate, or would we feel bad about celebrating?," Missy's mother-in-law Marsha Tucker tells PEOPLE.

More questions arose after search warrants said Missy's social media exchanges revealed "an ongoing financial and marital struggle," along with communications outside of her marriage that were "flirtatious and familiar."

But the revelation has drawn the family closer to Missy's side. Before that news broke, police gathered family members, including Missy's husband, to alert them.

"[Brandon] sat there – I was there – and he goes, 'I've already forgiven her," says Tucker, who played Cupid to bring Brandon and Missy together. The couple married in 1998, and were parents to three girls ages 8, 13 and 15.

"I know he has absolutely been cleared and he's okay," Tucker said of her son. "As for other people who have been brought into question, I feel for them if they're innocent."

http://www.people.com/article/missy...tructor-murder-mother-in-law-hopes-for-arrest

Yesterday we were discussing whether or not EMT personnel should have gone in to check on Missy before LE arrived. This is JMO. In the early morning hours of April 18th I believe the last thing anyone in Midlothian would have expected to find was a murder victim. And by anyone, I mean LE & EMT included. Things like this murder just don't happen there. Interestingly enough there is a show on ID at 7 pm CDT tonight about Midlothian's most famous murder until Missy's murder. I believe that case happened back in the late 1980s when an undercover cop was killed. Late 1980s until April 2016 is a long time so no one in Midlothian can be faulted for not expecting a homicide.

The most compelling reason for me to think it's a man is the sequence leading up to the opening of the dutch doors. I see broad shoulders and a slight hunch (more than slight, actually).
View attachment 95460

That head is definitely leading the charge, here... and the turnout of that right foot is clearly affecting their walk, like you would see in some people with back problems (sciatica), polio, or a hip injury... a slight "jounce" when stepping with the right...

It's a walk I recognize, and have seen before, but it's so hard for me to describe... I'm picturing a 20 something man, out of shape, with horrible posture, dragging his feet like some lethargic, dull-witted gaming addict.. I'm really not seeing a person wearing lifts or "acting;" I'm seeing a genuinely screwed up man.

**EDIT: I'd love to see one of you fancier types overlay a skeleton on this still frame to show what I mean (if it makes sense, that is)

That area around that Fire Extinguisher box, is what I was saying earlier, there are codes for that ADA, and when Suspect is in area of that white box, doesn't appear as tall as other illusions/distortions from vidoeo do JMHO

I just watched the episode of NG which aired BB's interview from a few days ago. I had only read the interview before. For the first time, I perceived his statements to be very sincere. I've had some issues with some of his statements in the past. But I'm now willing to concede that I was probably being over-zealous. We aren't born with Public Relations skills. I think it took him awhile to get his message across concisely. He does a lot better with a one-one-one interview.

Hi WSers. For the last couple days I've been working on a couple of isolated frames with an adaptive wide angle lens correction technique, using the tile pattern on the floor. Turns out the distortion map is a different shape than was previously assumed. I keep trying to squeeze LE's height range into my image analysis, but I can't get it to work. My numbers still have not changed. I'm still hitting 72" on average, with an 84" door and 40" hardware installation. Anyhow, once again - here is a revised image reconfirming my previous estimates.

attachment.php

Any video forensics folks getting different results than me? (If so, please show how)

Batbrat been meaning to thank you forever for the hard work you've done with these pics!!! Great job thank you :yourock:

What exactly is a grand jury and what do they do? How can I get on one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That area around that Fire Extinguisher box, is what I was saying earlier, there are codes for that ADA, and when Suspect is in area of that white box, doesn't appear as tall as other illusions/distortions from vidoeo do JMHO

Agreed.. I'm leaning towards the higher end of the 5'2" - 5'7" range..

Since I'm also leaning towards the idea of poor posture, general bad health, and apathetic demeanor (we all saw how much effort was put into prying that other door open), I don't see the killer as having anything to do with camp gladiator or anything that doesn't involve eating a lot of Cheetos.

Also, I just wanted to mention that someone made a very foreboding statement just a few hours prior to Missy being murdered that if it were in a book or movie the dimmest witted person would see it as foreshadowing of death. But since we aren't allowed to list anything we read on here I can't print it. And for the record this person was a female. It could have been a complete coincidence and an innocent statement but when I first read it my mouth dropped open and I said this person knew for sure she'd be dead within a few days.

I believe were born with the gift of intuition but we lose it if we don't pay attention and nurture the gift. How many times have we read or heard a murder victim -usually women - who tell a friend, "If anything happens to me..." and then something really does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva