TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This question has been asked numerous times, although it's not been addressed by anyone "official," here's my theory.

I think the people who first found Missy didn't initially realize what had happened to her. Just that she was either unresponsive or possibly dead and didn't know why (I mean, who walks into a church at 5am, finds an unresponsive person and assumes it was murder, ya know??). So, I believe when they called him they said "there's been an accident" but the murder part wasn't apparent or known at that time. Then, in contacting his sister, he assumed "accident" to mean "car accident", or his sister assumed car accident. And, there goes the telephone game ....

Just thinking out loud here, but if one of the first persons who found her was the perp, and happened to also make the call, they could have said whatever they wanted in order to cause confusion...but that would be mighty convenient to pull off...MOO

I wonder if the police searched the cars of everyone present...

Zoe (I think is who posted)--- thanks for that timeline link with all of the sources linked! It is super awesome!

Question- I am sure y'all discussed it, but I missed some while I was out of town. I know BB was reportedly in Biloxi.
rsbm

I'll stop this right there -- LE has confirmed his alibi. I don't know if it's fair to say that he was 'reportedly' in Biloxi.

I too, believe they are on to who it is.

I can only repeat (over and over), that the murder of MB made a similar mistake like in our FL case (Sievers).They basically "over-staged" the crime-scene. The "swatperp" mixed and matched elements of target and random throughout his entire appearance and attire trying to frame the local CG group for the murder. Go figure.

This was planned in advanced, weeks and months. The motive has to outweigh the risk, from the perspective of the murderer.

In Midlothian folks know each other, they watch each other, they talk. That, and the video, and the forensics (notice how quick they wrapped up the crime-scene), and the texts and phone calls, and WEBSLEUTHS. :blushing:

Altogether lots of identifiers.

-Nin

Great posts, Wizardofoz and Honeybee85! It's always good to get a locals perspective. A question for you both: Is there a sense of fear or uneasiness in your community? Afterall, there was a brutal murder of a young wife and mother about six weeks ago, and the perp is out there somewhere. What do both of you think? TIA :tyou:

IMHO

Thanks for all the additional information about the church. Do you now, if the indoor motion activated cameras are always operable or if they automatically turn off, once the main entrance door is being unlocked?

-Nin

Since the outdoor surveillance cams worked "intermittingly", MB may have been caught on those cams unloading her truck.

-Nin

Why? It puzzles me and I'd enjoy hearing reasons. tia

He cruised the halls so cavalierly, knowing he was videoed, finishes his job and displays his tools of destruction (so dramatic) for
all to see. He's a phychopath with no remorse and was proud of himself and IMO is enjoying the chase. There was a lot of planning put into this.

Does anyone know if this building has a basement? If so, I wonder if gear could have been stashed there before or after the crime or if there is an entrance/exit of sorts.

I can only repeat (over and over), that the murder of MB made a similar mistake like in our FL case (Sievers).They basically "over-staged" the crime-scene. The "swatperp" mixed and matched elements of target and random throughout his entire appearance and attire trying to frame the local CG group for the murder. Go figure.

This was planned in advanced, weeks and months. The motive has to outweigh the risk, from the perspective of the murderer.

In Midlothian folks know each other, they watch each other, they talk. That, and the video, and the forensics (notice how quick they wrapped up the crime-scene), and the texts and phone calls, and WEBSLEUTHS. :blushing:

Altogether lots of identifiers.

-Nin

This! Excellent post Nin!

As one of the people who knows more about TS/MS life than some of my personal friends, I really can't shake the similarities in the 2 cases. I'm not saying that BB is MS or motive is the same but I am not ruling out a "copy cat" at all. Not sure how far TS story made it on MSM but I know Nancy Grace covered it and we have a huge thread here. June 2015 to April 2016 is plenty of time to plan and execute IMO. It could all be a coincidence (what ever happened to that list?) Stranger things have happened I suppose. IMO -Welcome new local posters-

I love Cheetos, pass the bag!

Does anyone know if this building has a basement? If so, I wonder if gear could have been stashed there before or after the crime or if there is an entrance/exit of sorts.

After cursory research, it looks like basements are not common in Texas due to clay/shifty soil.

Great posts, Wizardofoz and Honeybee85! It's always good to get a locals perspective. A question for you both: Is there a sense of fear or uneasiness in your community? Afterall, there was a brutal murder of a young wife and mother about six weeks ago, and the perp is out there somewhere. What do both of you think? TIA :tyou:

IMHO
I can only speak for myself and a few of my friends that I have specifically spoke with about this very thing...we are not scared or uneasy in the sense that we are in danger ... Meaning we all feel for some twisted, not rational reason, Missy was the target...we don't in any way feel like this is a serial killer that will strike again. However, I will say that we are terrified by the fact that evil like this exists. When I take the dog out in the early morning or late night hours, I would be lying if I said I don't sometimes grow scared. It is just the sense that somewhere in that darkness .... Perhaps walking among us in town ... A person capable of this exists. I hope that makes sense.

I would be 100% surprised if this person did any public clothing changes!! If I put my brain in a "just killed someone" mode, I cannot imagine stopping to wash off some blood in the rain or finding a grassy area. I would jump in the car (or first run to the car if it was hidden/ out of sight)- which probably would have plastic bags wrapping the seats, knowing what I was up to. Shut the door, throw the helmet/ headgear on the seat next to me, get the heck out of dodge, pull into the privacy of my own garage, close the garage and take care of the business/ cleanup I need to handle.

Behind an isolated church at 0430, in the dark, can hardly be considered "public." Outside perhaps. Having plastic on the seats isn't a great idea in the event he or she is pulled over. JMO. Grassy areas surround the church, not hard to find.

MPD has a new FB post with photos of a training they provided and one of the pics displays a "police tactical vest".
Looks quite similar if not identical to swatperp-pat.

Great question on the flight, I didn't realize that about the Biloxi airport!

I don't know that the Biloxi/Gulfport airport is that much a secret. I live 40 miles from New Orleans and when I'm making travel arrangements, I check three airports -- Armstrong (N.O. International), Baton Rouge and Biloxi/Gulfport.

Also, many tourism websites will list the closer, regional airports, in addition to the larger metropolitan airports. Perhaps the website for BB's fishing expedition did the same.

How did I not know the weapons were left and how they were left? I do try to keep up, but it's so difficult. Sorry to ask for a repeat of info, but could someone please tell me?

I can only speak for myself and a few of my friends that I have specifically spoke with about this very thing...we are not scared or uneasy in the sense that we are in danger ... Meaning we all feel for some twisted, not rational reason, Missy was the target...we don't in any way feel like this is a serial killer that will strike again. However, I will say that we are terrified by the fact that evil like this exists. When I take the dog out in the early morning or late night hours, I would be lying if I said I don't sometimes grow scared. It is just the sense that somewhere in that darkness .... Perhaps walking among us in town ... A person capable of this exists. I hope that makes sense.
I was wondering if you know how close in proximity to the church the nearest fire department is that would have responded to the scene that day?

Once again, Wizard is right. My friends and acquaintances aren't afraid anyone else is in danger as we're convinced this was directed just at Missy...��

We have every confidence in our local, State and Federal law enforcement that this is under control and will result in an arrest and prosecution.

Through all that, we're praying for the Bevers family and hoping the vicious gossips will keep it to a minimum so the grown ups can continue to do the important work they have in order to bring forth justice for Missy.

I don't know that the Biloxi/Gulfport airport is that much a secret. I live 40 miles from New Orleans and when I'm making travel arrangements, I check three airports -- Armstrong (N.O. International), Baton Rouge and Biloxi/Gulfport.

Also, many tourism websites will list the closer, regional airports, in addition to the larger metropolitan airports. Perhaps the website for BB's fishing expedition did the same.

It's not a secret, but it is small and has few flights, which are usually expensive. I live in New Orleans. I travel to Biloxi... well... always! My best friend lives in Dallas. Sometimes, we look at flights into Gulfport so we can go to Harrah's on the coast, rather than in New Orleans. Again- few flights and expensive, so she has flown into NOLA every time. I know the Dallas to Gulf Coast thing very well. It's not an unreasonable question. I'm not sure it matters in the scheme of the case, but I was trying to get a time frame/ travel reference for myself. I'm not suggesting that it is impossible or that you need to belong to some secret club to fly into that airport.

Arrest, Grand Jury and Indictment.....so true! That is how Texas does it!!

Not necessarily. For example, in the recent case of Johnny Manziel, the DA presented the evidence to a grand jury to seek an indictment before he was arrested.

"Instead of arresting Manziel, officials with the Dallas Police Department decided to present evidence to the grand jury to decide if they should pursue a misdemeanor case."
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/24/manziel-indicted-by-dallas-county-grand-jury/

I am local and have only posted a couple of times because I don't have much to add, but several have asked today where the locals are or what locals are thinking and of course, I cannot speak for the entire community, I can only share what I feel has been the sentiment I am hearing from most I have encountered this past week.

1) Everyone is heartbroken for Missy's entire family. Again, everyone shares that Missy was friendly, kind, and just super sweet, a great lady.
2) Just like many here, we all go back and forth on our theories of who the monster is. Some are more confident than others that they know, but EVERYONE agrees that many scenarios are possible and that we all very well may be wrong.
3) I would say 95% of the people I have spoken with have complete faith that this case will be solved and the killer punished appropriately. Most believe though it may take awhile to have sufficient evidence for an arrest.
4) All have been impressed with our local LE dept. and their handling of the case, especially their willingness to seek out other agencies for assistance. (I have heard there are or have been as many as 12 agencies working the case from a very reliable source whose job would give them privy to this information.)

Also just want to add a couple of points that I have thought of while reading your amazing work that may be difficult to understand unless you live here.

1) We are a wonderful, "small town" feel community BUT pretty spread out. Midlothian school district covers 100 square miles (one of the largest in the state) thus the confusion of the Ovilla, Rec Oak areas, etc. there are large amounts of vast, open spaces.
2) it is DARK here at 4:30 in the morning. I say that because I grew up on Dallas and was used to highway lights, streetlights, etc. This crime has made me realize that when I go outside around that time in the morning to let puppy out, I can't see 10 feet off of my back porch. We live on acre lots and our neighborhood has no streetlights, etc. Highway 287 where the church is is not lit like an interstate. At that time in the morning, especially with the rain, no one would have seen anyone at the church from the road.
3) There has been a bit of questioning about the first campers that found her and if they could be involved somehow. I of course wasn't there, but I believe I can say by what I do know, they absolutely have no involvement whatsoever except that bless their hearts, they discovered Missy and walked into this nightmare.
4) Everyone believes that Missy encountered this monster inside the church, she was killed, and the monster left, probably 5 minutes before the first camper arrived. i have heard no one local say they think they "blended in with the other campers, etc. as some have speculated.
5) Interestingly, and this is just an observation, I have read many here state they think she must have been killed just inside the door as she entered. No one locally has said that or said they have heard that from anyone. That probably means nothing, I just took note of that for some reason.

Again, thank you all for all that you do!

Thank you for your observations. Question for you if you don't mind. Would you say that locals feel LE knows who it is and is just building a rock solid case, or do you feel most feel LE is not certain yet who it is that murdered MB? Or a combination of both.

Behind an isolated church at 0430, in the dark, can hardly be considered "public." Outside perhaps. Having plastic on the seats isn't a great idea in the event he or she is pulled over. JMO. Grassy areas surround the church, not hard to find.

Ooooook! I think if this dude gets pulled over after killing someone, the plastic would be the very least of their worries. This person seemed (in my opinion) to know what was up. They knew what time she was coming, they knew when to arrive and where to be (it was stated that after she entered the area, neither were seen again). This person was likely aware to get out and fast. Campers are coming. People are arriving. Even if this wasn't planned and was a random event, once he/ she killed this woman who entered the building carrying fitness training equipment, they clearly knew a class was going to be held. If the plastic is what throws the need for this dude to get out quick and not do a costume change in a grassy area, then lets leave the plastic out and let him clean his seats later. I was just saying that there are much less risky ways to change out of your costume than staying on the premises where there are cameras and you clearly didn't want your identity exposed. If you are going to unsuit on the grounds, then why suit up to begin with? You still have to carry it out or leave it there with all of your DNA on it. Just my opinion. I clearly wasn't there, so I do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx