TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting behind so this may have already been offered and discussed. I only thought of it because it actually happened in a church near me.

Could the perp have attended services at the church, hidden a bag with the clothes, and spent the night? And then "staged" the break in?

I find it odd that there's a lot of video before she arrives, then no video. Maybe this has been discussed, but how can that be? Surely the SW would have been filmed leaving? Or MB arriving? Are there halls in the church that have no cameras? Do police have video containing one or both of them after she arrives? Or have they said they don't? If they don't, how would SP be clever enough to not be filmed?

I went to look for one of my old posts and it is gone! Anyway it was a lot of questions about the cameras too. I know that Missy was seen entering the building and just didn't air it for the family's sake. I too wonder if all the cameras were working, were they all motion activated or only some, any evidence of being tampered with? I have always thought it was possibly that swatperp took out some cameras where Missy was found. Maybe that is how we could see swatperp in that location (SW corner), but why they didn't see the actual murder. I also wondered in the post that was deleted if swatperp did that so s/he could take off her mask to look Missy in the eyes when s/he killed her.

I know there are some pictures/maps that show an area in the SW corner that would be off camera.

All opinons and speculation.

Well, it's a lazy Memorial Day weekend, so I'm just bringing my old (detailed) post in from Thread 19 to address the exit theory question (in case noobies to threads are interested--oldies feel free to scroll on by):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-19&p=12571046#post12571046

In short, I think SP may have been dropped off off by an accomplice - possibly driving that Nissan - but I am theorizing SP left the crime scene on foot in a northerly route via the creekline. See link for (hopefully) supportive details.

I also think SP left on foot even while wearing the gear (after removing police patch). I'm a member of my county SAR team & we train in our helmets/BDU pants/boots with our backpacks. I've been out in the rain & mud on a search. SP also had a head start before MB was discovered. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No arrest today??😞

Just checking in. I'm away for the holiday weekend. Thank you to all those who have served our country and made so many sacrifices for our freedom!!!

Yikes!!!!! The eyes on pig and eyes on SP are so eerily similar...gives me the creeps!!

Nice find! Where does that trail go?

To absolutely nowhere, or nowhere off the property anyway.

NyHqub0.jpg

Lame question . .
What's everyone's opion.
Are we just looking for 1 killer? Or Killer and an accomplice? (Aka getaway vehicle) reason I'm asking is I'm from Virginia and our big story here was the murder of Nicole Lovell. Everyone was SHOCKED when a second person was arrested and the suspect was even a female.
What's everyone's opinion on this?

Court Follower

My opinion of whether 1 or 2 people changes back & forth depending on my mood at any given time. This is JMO, but it might actually be easier to catch 2 people. If there's 2, 1 is a leader & 1 is a follower. If LE could get the follower (weaker of the two) to confess & rat out the leader it would go a long way in making an airtight case. There's no doubt in my mind that SP was the leader & killer & he/she is cold as ice & would never confess under any circumstances. Again, JMO.

A few observations:

1. The simple solution is usually the best “guess”. Perp parked at the rear of the building (to the right side of where victim parked under cover). Probably the vehicle seen in video, may well be same one in gun shop video from earlier in time line. Wet weather would complicate parking on dirt/mud, walking to scene, the mud would be easily visible on sidewalk outside entry door and on floor in church. Had clothing on while on the exterior. Most likely came in pants and shoes, put top and helmet on when exiting vehicle.
2. It took some time (thus the thought the gun shop vehicle is the same one in church parking lot indicated in earlier LE press, left gun shop then drove to church, thus the time fits) to break in rear door. Look at the video that shows the single metal exterior door, which has the door handle removed and the sight glass broken. Perp likely broke glass to stick hand in to push the exit hardware to open the door. Doesn’t seem like there is a deadbolt, thus the “panic” bar would unlock door. This is the same area where a window screen is partially torn from window. There are a number of tool marks visible. Perp had tools with him. The exterior door hardware is crazy hard to remove, it took some strength, leverage and time. Best “guess” male perp from this info. Door handle and screen removal indicate, “staged” crime scene. Again, this took time and effort.
3. Limited security video release not unusual, I find it hard to imagine that they do not have video of perp leaving building unless they left thru double glass doors most likely where victim entered. This would indicate a hasty exit and/or excited perp. Wounds on victim would create tremendous blood splatter and pooling in short order. Perp would have transfer DNA and most likely covered in blood, most especially shoe prints would be available to collect. Wore clothing out most likely removed shirt top and helmet in vehicle, drove away. At some point perp tossed clothing (likelihood of recovering clothing is low).
4. They will have a good sense of height and shoe size from Fort Worth team and forensics team. Would not agree with earlier comment about clearing crime scene to quick. It was a semi sterile environment, hard floor, knew the movements inside of building rather well from video, it doesn’t take that long to collect trace evidence in that type environment.
5. Local LE got the SW persons garbage; Feds wouldn’t in this case most likely. The garbage deal doesn’t mean anything. Its common practices though you usually don’t want the person or his neighbor to see you. It gives you some background info if nothing else prior to interview.
6. FBI would be involved simply because Chief and Asst Chief attended FBI academy. Most Chiefs and Asst do this in their career. It is to train them in LE tactics, management, etc. and to build rapport with local LE so if they ever need to take a case they can have that professional relationship to come in and have influence and gather info or help when they need it. FBI says call us if you ever need us, we are here to help. MPD simply called to cover the bases and get resources, same with Rangers, NYPD and FW. They can get stuff expedited and have resources that MPD would not have. NYPD crunched data, not sure why they didn’t use Dallas PD, they have the same resources, probably to busy. That’s all for now.

Along this theory of having an accomplice driving the car....does anyone know how far MB lived from the church? A possibility could be driver drops off perp at church then drive to MB's house and wait for her to leave, following her to the church, giving heads up when close by to perp inside. of course only exploring possibilities and this would only be a possibility depending on how far she away she lived

RBBM:
About 9.8 miles / 14 min. via Ovilla Rd and US-287 N
About 8.7 miles / 15 min. via Longbranch Rd
source: google

someone posted that they thought perhaps the killer was wearing a pig mask....I don't think it's a pig mask but when the killer is first trying to pry that door I got some pics and it does appear to be some sort of mask - similar to maybe a gas mask or flight crew oxygen mask, etc. But in the video just after the frames in the pictures I'm posting below - you can see the killer crossing his/her arms and very slowly moving them and it appears he/she sort of pulls that mask down. I think it's like at 1:05 in the video. Anyway here are two pictures where you can sort of see the mask but what's more interesting to me is you can actually see the back of the killer's neck (and the killer is white) with dark brown or black hair. Don't know if the hair is short or pulled up inside the helmet.

face5turned window edit.png

face5 mask and back of neck dark hair.png

Yikes!!!!! The eyes on pig and eyes on SP are so eerily similar...gives me the creeps!!

I was laughing because I thought the mask was a joke.....now I'm laughing because people took it seriously! JMO

My opinion of whether 1 or 2 people changes back & forth depending on my mood at any given time. This is JMO, but it might actually be easier to catch 2 people. If there's 2, 1 is a leader & 1 is a follower. If LE could get the follower (weaker of the two) to confess & rat out the leader it would go a long way in making an airtight case. There's no doubt in my mind that SP was the leader & killer & he/she is cold as ice & would never confess under any circumstances. Again, JMO.

I am worried if the cops dont get a good tip this case might not ever be solved. I keep praying for strength and insight to all of the LE involved.

for those who think le knows who the perp is what are they waiting for? just curious. thanks in advance.

for those who think le knows who the perp is what are they waiting for? just curious. thanks in advance.

Hi Aimie, many believe LE is waiting to ensure they have strong evidence that will hold up in a murder trial. Even if they are fairly confident, it could be hard to get a conviction without some sort of physical evidence, confession, etc.

IMO evidence. You need more than "we know it's you" to make an arrest and certainly need evidence for a conviction. I think they are gathering what they have, trying to put together a timeline along with motive and then get proof to make an arrest.

I'm sure others can chime in with a more detailed explanation but that's all I have for now :)

They are not 'waiting'. They are working. Knowing who the "swatperp" is, is not enough. They need to establish probable cause for an arrest warrant and much more for the GJ and a trial.

-Nin

attachment.php

Attachments

• ducks in a row.png
    ducks in a row.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 391
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online