TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
arkansasmimi...great birdseye view with markings!

I had no idea that all three busted out windows and doors were on the north/northeast side, not visible to the road. Your diagram helps to clarify this.

I'm just wondering why the perp needed to bust more than one door to gain entry. Perhaps s/he encountered a locked interior door, so had to go back outside and find another entry? Any idea?

I'm not terribly proficient at using Facebook (barely eke by), but does it appear to anyone else that CT opened up her FB again? New posts.

I think this points to the fact the eyes can't be cleared up enough to make a positive ID. If they had a good quality picture of the eyes that clearly identified SP, they would make the arrest, IMO. There would be no possible reason to wait that I can think of. The fact they haven't says to me that the shots of the eyes are similar to what we have which are not near the quality needed to make a positive ID. And even if we feel we can make an educated guess, it is risky to do that off an enhanced version of the screen shot. As others have mentioned, you greatly reduce the quality of the picture with each save\edit.

They'd not drive their own car most likely and they'd most likely drive something harder to distinguish from other models of cars. No offense to any owners of these particular cars but, for example, in the dark, and not knowing I needed to pay attention, I'd not be able to tell if I'd seen an Avalon, a Camry, or a Lexus drive past, especially if it were from any distance at all, but if they were in a bright red Hummer, or a Stealth, or a Mustang, I'd notice. You can pick those shapes out and they sound different. I'd also take note if I'd heard a m/c. Especially if it were raining. That's just me though.

Why couldn't their own car be an Avalon, Camry or Lexus? Just curious

Agreed that was my whole point, it doesn't matter how great the state or the moral compass of the general population, these can go south on a dime, I dont think for a second an intelligent DA would bring up charges based on the video alone. They have established her COD is consistant with the tools at the scene. Which means, they did not bag up the tools. Which is pretty dang good for this considering tne amount of evidence left at the scene. Just takes time.

Respectfully BBM. We do not know what the COD is. Why do you think they did not bag up the tools? And we do not know what evidence they left at scene. I am not trying to be snarky but people read stuff like this and think it is factual. Yes Medical Examiner and LE know COD and MOD is from Autopsy. General Public does not. JMHO, the list is very shot of those that have this information. JMHO

From my post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-24&p=12603735#post12603735

There are 2 SW that mention/describe trauma. LEO has continued to say they will not discuss it. MB Autopsy was said to have been completed on Tues April 19. This would be AFTER the SW for the Truck...done April 18 There is no way that they knew what MB died from at that time SW was written. . Only the injuries that could possibly caused it.

POSTED:APR 19 2016 11:34AM CDT
UPDATED:APR 20 2016 01:12PM CDT
MIDLOTHIAN, Texas - Police have determined how a fitness trainer died at a Midlothian church, but they are not releasing that information.

Missy Bevers’ autopsy was completed by the Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office Tuesday morning. Midlothian police said they are not ready to make that report public.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/126278594-story

1) From Ford F150 SW, Affidavit, Warrant SIGNED AT 625 pm April 18 and SW Execution same date. It was FILED and made Public April 21, at 8: a.m.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/He...-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html#warrant

On 04/18/2016 at approximately 0500 hours, Midlothian Police Officers responded to an unresponsive person at Creekside Church, 5401 E US Hwy 287, Midlothian, Ellis County, Texas. Officers arrived on scene and found a white female, identified as Terri Bevers, date of birth 8/09/1970, deceased from a head wound. Officers on scene viewed the surveillance video and observed a male subject in a police jacket and a helmet walking through the building carrying tools and was shown to be burglarizing this location. It is believed this unknown male used an unknown instrument to cause the death of Terri Bevers at this location.

2) From iPhone & iPad 4/19 5:56 pm Affidavit & Warrant, 4/20 Execution of SW
Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building.

Start around the 2:00 mark..the reporter said tried to speak with MPD on camera but they instead just issued a statement...
Published on May 4, 2016
"...they would not be commenting further on the affidavits especially not about the cause of Missy's death or mechanism of injury - information only the killer would know" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWsSgzgJFpQ&feature=youtu.be

I had no idea that all three busted out windows and doors were on the north/northeast side, not visible to the road. Your diagram helps to clarify this.

I'm just wondering why the perp needed to bust more than one door to gain entry. Perhaps s/he encountered a locked interior door, so had to go back outside and find another entry? Any idea?

Maybe. I'm thinking to make it look like a burglary, like all the rest of the staging. It would confuse LE for a while or longer so as to not think that the murder was the mission. JMO

Why couldn't their own car be an Avalon, Camry or Lexus? Just curious

Most likely they'd not. I just used those cars for an example b/c I personally cannot tell them apart at night or at a distance. There's others, those just came to mind. I believe they rented a vehicle. Why, with all of the prep work of getting to know the church, and getting the gear and tools, would they use their own car and take a chance of tracking MB's DNA into? They can detect blood pretty easily. Jic I was suspected, I'd not trust that I didn't track some blood into my vehicle that Fluorescein couldn't show up.

I think this points to the fact the eyes can't be cleared up enough to make a positive ID. If they had a good quality picture of the eyes that clearly identified SP, they would make the arrest, IMO. There would be no possible reason to wait that I can think of. The fact they haven't says to me that the shots of the eyes are similar to what we have which are not near the quality needed to make a positive ID. And even if we feel we can make an educated guess, it is risky to do that off an enhanced version of the screen shot. As others have mentioned, you greatly reduce the quality of the picture with each save\edit.

Respectfully BBM. We do not know what the COD is. Why do you think they did not bag up the tools? And we do not know what evidence they left at scene. I am not trying to be snarky but people read stuff like this and think it is factual. Yes Medical Examiner and LE know COD and MOD is from Autopsy. General Public does not. JMHO, the list is very shot of those that have this information. JMHO

From my post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-24&p=12603735#post12603735

There are 2 SW that mention/describe trauma. LEO has continued to say they will not discuss it. MB Autopsy was said to have been completed on Tues April 19. This would be AFTER the SW for the Truck...done April 18 There is no way that they knew what MB died from at that time SW was written. . Only the injuries that could possibly caused it.

POSTED:APR 19 2016 11:34AM CDT
UPDATED:APR 20 2016 01:12PM CDT
MIDLOTHIAN, Texas - Police have determined how a fitness trainer died at a Midlothian church, but they are not releasing that information.

Missy Bevers’ autopsy was completed by the Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office Tuesday morning. Midlothian police said they are not ready to make that report public.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/126278594-story

1) From Ford F150 SW, Affidavit, Warrant SIGNED AT 625 pm April 18 and SW Execution same date. It was FILED and made Public April 21, at 8: a.m.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/He...-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html#warrant

On 04/18/2016 at approximately 0500 hours, Midlothian Police Officers responded to an unresponsive person at Creekside Church, 5401 E US Hwy 287, Midlothian, Ellis County, Texas. Officers arrived on scene and found a white female, identified as Terri Bevers, date of birth 8/09/1970, deceased from a head wound. Officers on scene viewed the surveillance video and observed a male subject in a police jacket and a helmet walking through the building carrying tools and was shown to be burglarizing this location. It is believed this unknown male used an unknown instrument to cause the death of Terri Bevers at this location.

2) From iPhone & iPad 4/19 5:56 pm Affidavit & Warrant, 4/20 Execution of SW
Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building.

Start around the 2:00 mark..the reporter said tried to speak with MPD on camera but they instead just issued a statement...
Published on May 4, 2016
"...they would not be commenting further on the affidavits especially not about the cause of Missy's death or mechanism of injury - information only the killer would know" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWsSgzgJFpQ&feature=youtu.be

I said tools ledt at the scene and will admittedly retract that, my error. However, I will stand by evidence at the scene. It is there if collected properly, and I have no reason to believe it wasn't. I do believe a tool or two was left there for them to make that statement, but yes you are right they did not say that. So it is jmho

Personally, I like the 'burglary turned bad' angle. Every burglary has a motive-gain entrance, maybe steal, vandalize, sexually assault, etc. In essence-what did this intruder do before he killed Missy? He did a lot of physical damage to a building. Again-in that calm, casual manner, while wearing a great disguise.
Then he encounters Missy..........
Who would benefit from merely vandalizing a commercial building?

I said tools ledt at the scene and will admittedly retract that, my error. However, I will stand by evidence at the scene. It is there if collected properly, and I have no reason to believe it wasn't. I do believe a tool or two was left there for them to make that statement, but yes you are right they did not say that. So it is jmho

Ps what is BBM?

Maybe. I'm thinking to make it look like a burglary, like all the rest of the staging. It would confuse LE for a while or longer so as to not think that the murder was the mission. JMO

So anything that

Thank you glad could be of some help... On the broken doors/window, I honestly don't know. I had wondered if maybe busted them then left and watched for key holder or LE (alarm) Or maybe orig was going to try enter the rear double doors NE, and couldn't get open. That's all I can think of. The Kitchen window, not a clue, its WAY high off the ground. JMHO...

But the door that was busted and LE suspected as entry, it had an interior door that evidently no problem getting into. No pry marks I could see and the glass was still intact.
Captain Spann on April 18 said at that time they had no evidence that Suspect went out that way. :dunno:

If this was someone robbing and vandalizing the church, they'd do it quickly, get in, get out, not stand around, look through stuff, and wander around the halls. They actually stand and look at the camera at one point. They already knew before hand that those cameras were there and did not mind one bit b/c this is why they dressed like they did, they think they've figured out the perfect disguise. They're nonchalantly wandering around looking at the camera almost like an "in-your-face" action.

sbm

I think it all depends on one's perspective. I can insert murderer in your scenario and come to the same conclusion as you do:

"if this was someone intent on murdering Missy, they'd do it quickly, get in, get out, not stand around, look through stuff, and wander the halls. They actually stand and look at the camera at one point. They already knew before hand that those cameras were there and did not mind one bit b/c this is why they dressed like they did, they think they've figured out the perfect disguise. They're nonchalantly wandering around looking at the camera almost like an "in-your-face" action."

To me, it's a bizarre way to carry out a murder. Like you said, get in, get out. Job done. I don't know what swatperp was doing in the church besides breaking windows and rummaging though offices. I don't know if they intended to steal something. But to jump from that and say they went there to murder Missy seems to be a huge leap with little probability. If someone could only show me a motive to kill Missy... I've seen nothing that makes me believe someone wanted her dead. But I'll keep an open mind, subject to change when more facts come out. :)

For what its worth, to get to the Northside of Creekside Church of Christ, you do not have to drive around the building. You drive straight coming in the one way in/out drive View attachment 95917

Perfect view! That answers many questions. The perp can easily not be seen by the campers as they are parked near the overhang where Missy will go and open door to let them in. They would obviously park the closest to that door. Correct me if I'm wrong, but perp or anyone exiting lot must go to the right to ext and would not be seen by campers facing the road if parked there already. I did not think perp would drive on grass or walk through the area as there were torrential downpours almost up until Missy arrived. Too much mud and possibliity for evidence. Perp planned in advance and knew where campers were parked.

So anything that comes out pointing to burglary is actually just a staging to look like a burglary. And no matter what new details come out that point to burglary, they are just further compelling evidence that it was staged to look like a burglary.

It looks like A, but nah... It's really just B disguised as A.

Occam's Razor. Why can't it just be A?

I'll defer to your expertise, but in a particular case that I researched, we argued the charge of assault with intent to commit murder, and for good legal reason, we asked for a reduction to meet the facts based upon the intent charge and were denied. Client eventually pled to assault charge, having NOT the capacity to form specific intent as originally charged. JMO ETA Thanks for your input! We need you to stick around!

I have been lurking for years ... LOL! Long day in court so hopefully I didn't come off as snippy ... my apologies if I did. I would say that in my experience, sometimes law enforcement takes out a warrant without any input from the prosecutors. Then we just have to do the best we can with what rolls in the door, we ask for further investigation or just work with the defense team to see what the truth is, or as close as anyone can get to the truth. Other times cases develop after the initial charge, not due to any evil intent by law enforcement, but because the officers have to get the dangerous person off the street and can't interview everyone immediately. Investigations are dynamic. Finally - sometimes in the state that I currently practice in, the Magistrates review the warrants and give the officers different charges than they were seeking ... once in a while we all are scratching our heads asking "How did you get that warrant?" All in all it seems like everyone is trying to do their best to make sure innocent people don't go to jail for something that they didn't do. When you have a bad prosecutor it is a truly terrible thing - as a Judge said to me once about a lazy colleague: "That is just bad for all of us."

sbm

I think it all depends on one's perspective. I can insert murderer in your scenario and come to the same conclusion as you do:

"if this was someone intent on murdering Missy, they'd do it quickly, get in, get out, not stand around, look through stuff, and wander the halls. They actually stand and look at the camera at one point. They already knew before hand that those cameras were there and did not mind one bit b/c this is why they dressed like they did, they think they've figured out the perfect disguise. They're nonchalantly wandering around looking at the camera almost like an "in-your-face" action."

To me, it's a bizarre way to carry out a murder. Like you said, get in, get out. Job done. I don't know what swatperp was doing in the church besides breaking windows and rummaging though offices. I don't know if they intended to steal something. But to jump from that and say they went there to murder Missy seems to be a huge leap with little probability. If someone could only show me a motive to kill Missy... I've seen nothing that makes me believe someone wanted her dead. But I'll keep an open mind, subject to change when more facts come out. :)
It seems to be a huge leap that they killed her accidentally out of camera view.

Respectfully, even in TX juries fall for bullsh** defenses when the defendant has a lot of money to spend. Durst chopping up his neighbor and the "Affluenza" kid come to mind; both in TX. But I don't anticipate SP being someone with those kind of financial resources.

The person that many have strong opinions about has a undergraduate from SMU ($50,000 a year total - source: friends that send their kids there) and a graduate degree from another local private college ($30,000 a year - source: my checkbook). If your kid is having search warrants served on them in a murder case, don't worry, the money will be available for the best attorney team in town.

Several have posted that pretty connected sources let them know an arrest was shortly forthcoming - one featured on a show from this blog. And then everything slowed down and went quiet. I deal with attorneys a bit in my work and that is what we call the "invisible hand." I highly suspect, the attorney team has dug in deep (whether innocent or not) and are playing an active role to making life difficult for LE relative to their client. And there might be more than one person lawyered up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214