TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this points to the fact the eyes can't be cleared up enough to make a positive ID. If they had a good quality picture of the eyes that clearly identified SP, they would make the arrest, IMO. There would be no possible reason to wait that I can think of. The fact they haven't says to me that the shots of the eyes are similar to what we have which are not near the quality needed to make a positive ID. And even if we feel we can make an educated guess, it is risky to do that off an enhanced version of the screen shot. As others have mentioned, you greatly reduce the quality of the picture with each save\edit.

Most likely they'd not. I just used those cars for an example b/c I personally cannot tell them apart at night or at a distance. There's others, those just came to mind. I believe they rented a vehicle. Why, with all of the prep work of getting to know the church, and getting the gear and tools, would they use their own car and take a chance of tracking MB's DNA into? They can detect blood pretty easily. Jic I was suspected, I'd not trust that I didn't track some blood into my vehicle that Fluorescein couldn't show up.

You just answered your own question, clearly there would be blood somewhere, safer in your car than a rental, i.e. safer to wash your bloody shirt at home than take to a dry cleaner. Not saying he has anything to do with it. Just sayin' you answered your own question.

I think this points to the fact the eyes can't be cleared up enough to make a positive ID. If they had a good quality picture of the eyes that clearly identified SP, they would make the arrest, IMO. There would be no possible reason to wait that I can think of. The fact they haven't says to me that the shots of the eyes are similar to what we have which are not near the quality needed to make a positive ID. And even if we feel we can make an educated guess, it is risky to do that off an enhanced version of the screen shot. As others have mentioned, you greatly reduce the quality of the picture with each save\edit.

You just answered your own question, clearly there would be blood somewhere, safer in your car than a rental, i.e. safer to wash your bloody shirt at home than take to a dry cleaner. Not saying he has anything to do with it. Just sayin' you answered your own question.

As well, look at Jodi Arias. The entire case was based on her travel and receipts.

But what better evidence that the video. If you show her it's her....she is gonna talk.

I'm not going to count of that, although I wish I could. I have seen many a Borderline Personality Disorder woman deny something, even through the facts staring them in the face. Think Casey Anthony taking the police to her work, all the way down the hall to the end. Even though she did not work there anymore. They will lie and lie and lie until there are literally no more options. Opinions there.

Got another eye shot - this is a screen capture of the killer's *right* eye - coming out of the first door at 0:28 in the MPD surveillance video.

attachment.php

MrsPC, you're such a help. I know that for the red eye and yellow eye, you had to do some color rinse to clarify those photos. But in this series, is it correct that you have done no colorization? I ask because, again, I see that blue or green hue to the iris, and I also believe that a brown iris would be lost in the shadows and without detail like being able to differente the iris from the pupil in the last couple of eye images which many poster were able to do.

So anything that comes out pointing to burglary is actually just a staging to look like a burglary. And no matter what new details come out that point to burglary, they are just further compelling evidence that it was staged to look like a burglary.

It looks like A, but nah... It's really just B disguised as A.

Occam's Razor. Why can't it just be A?

I would agree more if we only had the evidence of the broken doors and windows, but in this case we have video. In my opinion, it doesn't look like this person is there to steal anything. Nothing was taken. I think the leap from burglary to murderer is also very unlikely. Not impossible, just very unlikely. Like someone else mentioned, burglars get in and get out. Even if you think you have time, your goal is to get in and get out without getting caught. And if you are going to put all the prep work in, why not pick a place without so many visible cameras inside and out. Again, I wouldn't rule anything out as a possibility, just very, very unlikely imo.

Perfect view! That answers many questions. The perp can easily not be seen by the campers as they are parked near the overhang where Missy will go and open door to let them in. They would obviously park the closest to that door. Correct me if I'm wrong, but perp or anyone exiting lot must go to the right to ext and would not be seen by campers facing the road if parked there already. I did not think perp would drive on grass or walk through the area as there were torrential downpours almost up until Missy arrived. Too much mud and possibliity for evidence. Perp planned in advance and knew where campers were parked.

Yes, Missy's FB has pictures posted of campers and vehicles in an outdoor workout in the church parking lot. You get the idea of where everybody parked. And this was to be their last workout at Creekside CoC.

Ps what is BBM?

Thank you for asking that question! Older generation geek here and I thought ETA meant Estimated Time of Arrival forEVER and thought that BBM meant BlackBerry Mobile... I've no clue but hope someone will tell us b/c I don't think it means BlackBerry Mobile in 2016.

I have been lurking for years ... LOL! Long day in court so hopefully I didn't come off as snippy ... my apologies if I did. I would say that in my experience, sometimes law enforcement takes out a warrant without any input from the prosecutors. Then we just have to do the best we can with what rolls in the door, we ask for further investigation or just work with the defense team to see what the truth is, or as close as anyone can get to the truth. Other times cases develop after the initial charge, not due to any evil intent by law enforcement, but because the officers have to get the dangerous person off the street and can't interview everyone immediately. Investigations are dynamic. Finally - sometimes in the state that I currently practice in, the Magistrates review the warrants and give the officers different charges than they were seeking ... once in a while we all are scratching our heads asking "How did you get that warrant?" All in all it seems like everyone is trying to do their best to make sure innocent people don't go to jail for something that they didn't do. When you have a bad prosecutor it is a truly terrible thing - as a Judge said to me once about a lazy colleague: "That is just bad for all of us."

TY again. I should not have said "always". Tell us what you think is going on, if you can. We have SO little info to go by. I'm hoping that investigators are waiting for DNA to compare to POI's but if there is none, this will be really difficult to prove. JMO

It seems to be a huge leap that they killed her accidentally out of camera view.

Not really. Now I will say first off that we don't know much about where she was found exactly. We only know that it was not recorded.

As I understand it The cameras were pointed at the more open, common areas like hallways. They wouldn't be present in individual rooms or nooks/alcoves and probably not the sanctuary. MB approaches and goes into one of these locations of her own accord, either to investigate sounds or is lured in by the killer.

Whether planned or a botched B&E, it's unlikely that the killer would get into a showdown with MB in an open area. A more confined space works to the killer's advantage because they can keep her pinned down and trapped. Has nothing to do with camera avoidance, IMHO

Thank you for asking that question! Older generation geek here and I thought ETA meant Estimated Time of Arrival forEVER and thought that BBM meant BlackBerry Mobile... I've no clue but hope someone will tell us b/c I don't think it means BlackBerry Mobile in 2016.
Haha, Im with you????

I need to defend defense attorneys here. I'm not a lawyer, but worked in paralegal internship for a public defender (not in TX, thank the stars). Defenses are built on prosecutorial overreach, beginning with the charges. They are based on legal technicality errors and even judicial errors. Usually, they wind up in a plea deal between attorneys. The purpose of the defense is to legally speak for the client. If anyone in TX or anywhere else hates defense attorneys, they had better hope that if they are accused of a crime that they did not commit, based upon the elements of the crime, they will have intelligent representation. Prosecutors always overcharge , expecting that there will probably be a reduction of charge down the road. A defense attorney needs to know what a prosecutor is thinking, in order to frame their defense. It is based on law. Not on nonsense. JMO

Which is one reason this is America, right?????? Can't fault an attorney for representing their client. I'm not quite sure why you're thanking stars that you're not in Texas. Some of us do........and we'll just try to go on as best we can........:giggle:

I would agree more if we only had the evidence of the broken doors and windows, but in this case we have video. In my opinion, it doesn't look like this person is there to steal anything. Nothing was taken. I think the leap from burglary to murderer is also very unlikely. Not impossible, just very unlikely. Like someone else mentioned, burglars get in and get out. Even if you think you have time, your goal is to get in and get out without getting caught. And if you are going to put all the prep work in, why not pick a place without so many visible cameras inside and out. Again, I wouldn't rule anything out as a possibility, just very, very unlikely imo.

It's somewhat difficult to "know" what someone does when they break in. The few videos I have seen of people during a B & E, I recall them going to the refrigerator, looking at the TV, sitting in a recliner. But, I think these were young, dumb guys. Now if a young woman had been alone in the house when they broke in, would likely have been a different story. jmo I am referencing couple of news stories in which the homeowners had video surveillance inside their homes when they were burglarized.

BBM Bolded By Me

Oh wow!!! Not at all what my pea brain went to. Thanks arkansasmimi, appreciate it.

Bold By Me. It's what some people do when they reply with quote, and they bold part of the quoted text to emphasize what they are replying to. It wasn't bold in the original post, so they're just noting that it was "Bold By Me".

Before you ask.. And you will... MOO stands for My Own Opinion. Which is silly because it is cow-like and also redundant (my opinion, not my "own" opinion as "own" is completely unnecessary.

I have been lurking for years ... LOL! Long day in court so hopefully I didn't come off as snippy ... my apologies if I did. I would say that in my experience, sometimes law enforcement takes out a warrant without any input from the prosecutors. Then we just have to do the best we can with what rolls in the door, we ask for further investigation or just work with the defense team to see what the truth is, or as close as anyone can get to the truth. Other times cases develop after the initial charge, not due to any evil intent by law enforcement, but because the officers have to get the dangerous person off the street and can't interview everyone immediately. Investigations are dynamic. Finally - sometimes in the state that I currently practice in, the Magistrates review the warrants and give the officers different charges than they were seeking ... once in a while we all are scratching our heads asking "How did you get that warrant?" All in all it seems like everyone is trying to do their best to make sure innocent people don't go to jail for something that they didn't do. When you have a bad prosecutor it is a truly terrible thing - as a Judge said to me once about a lazy colleague: "That is just bad for all of us."

Thank you getlikeme.

Perfect view! That answers many questions. The perp can easily not be seen by the campers as they are parked near the overhang where Missy will go and open door to let them in. They would obviously park the closest to that door. Correct me if I'm wrong, but perp or anyone exiting lot must go to the right to ext and would not be seen by campers facing the road if parked there already. I did not think perp would drive on grass or walk through the area as there were torrential downpours almost up until Missy arrived. Too much mud and possibliity for evidence. Perp planned in advance and knew where campers were parked.

My guess MB in Red and Suspect in Yellow ... parked in back, unable to see from street, even if someone happen to drive around back they wouldnt know there was an issue. I not sure where Suspect would park just my opinion of area. my guess.JPG

You have listed Penal Code
Sec. 37.11. IMPERSONATING PUBLIC SERVANT.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.37.htm

I don't know, but I think it may be this:

Sec. 37.12. FALSE IDENTIFICATION AS PEACE OFFICER; MISREPRESENTATION OF PROPERTY.
(a) A person commits an offense if:

(1) the person makes, provides to another person, or possesses a card, document, badge, insignia, shoulder emblem, or other item bearing an insignia of a law enforcement agency that identifies a person as a peace officer or a reserve law enforcement officer; and
(2) the person who makes, provides, or possesses the item bearing the insignia knows that the person so identified by the item is not commissioned as a peace officer or reserve law enforcement officer as indicated on the item.
(b) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) the card, document, badge, insignia, shoulder emblem, or other item bearing an insignia of a law enforcement agency clearly identifies the person as an honorary or junior peace officer or reserve law enforcement officer, or as a member of a junior posse;
(2) the person identified as a peace officer or reserve law enforcement officer by the item bearing the insignia was commissioned in that capacity when the item was made; or
(3) the item was used or intended for use exclusively for decorative purposes or in an artistic or dramatic presentation.
(c) In this section, "reserve law enforcement officer" has the same meaning as is given that term in Section 1701.001, Occupations Code.
(d) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly misrepresents an object as property belonging to a law enforcement agency.
(e) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.

arkansasmimi...great birdseye view with markings!

I had no idea that all three busted out windows and doors were on the north/northeast side, not visible to the road. Your diagram helps to clarify this.

I'm just wondering why the perp needed to bust more than one door to gain entry. Perhaps s/he encountered a locked interior door, so had to go back outside and find another entry? Any idea?

I think they busted doors and windows and left to see if any cops responded to an alarm. Then they proceeded with their plan. Must have observed from nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans