TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sbm

I think it all depends on one's perspective. I can insert murderer in your scenario and come to the same conclusion as you do:

"if this was someone intent on murdering Missy, they'd do it quickly, get in, get out, not stand around, look through stuff, and wander the halls. They actually stand and look at the camera at one point. They already knew before hand that those cameras were there and did not mind one bit b/c this is why they dressed like they did, they think they've figured out the perfect disguise. They're nonchalantly wandering around looking at the camera almost like an "in-your-face" action."

To me, it's a bizarre way to carry out a murder. Like you said, get in, get out. Job done. I don't know what swatperp was doing in the church besides breaking windows and rummaging though offices. I don't know if they intended to steal something. But to jump from that and say they went there to murder Missy seems to be a huge leap with little probability. If someone could only show me a motive to kill Missy... I've seen nothing that makes me believe someone wanted her dead. But I'll keep an open mind, subject to change when more facts come out. :)

I don't think we'll know the motive until the killer is named. We're on the outside looking in, so until we know the relationship between Ms. Bevers and her kilter(s), we cannot know the motive. I do believe LE knows.

Another positive for this outfit with either the burglary OR planned murder angle: if you haven't been in the building before, this outfit protects you against injury from shards of glass you intend to break, climbing thru a window and landing hard on the floor, etc. I know some want to think a burglar would dress lean. While that would give him more agility, it increases the risk of leaving DNA behind.

Regardless of motive, the killer was smart to dress like this.

BBM~~~maybe, perhaps~~but IMHO, not smart enough. Any criminal who thinks he can get away with a brutal killing like this, is just fooling himself. All criminals make mistakes, even when they have planned the best crime. It is only a matter of time before this perp is in :jail:. Everyone here welcomes that day.

I had said before I didn't see a camera, but I definitely see what you are pointing at and agree it is very likely. Which make so much more sense as to why LE would have said they thought it was possible the killer recorded the murder. I wondered why they would think that. I was thinking with a cell phone, so I thought well they either have the phone (which didn't make sense with no arrest) or they have the killing on camera even though they said they didn't. Now looking at this I am guessing LE can see what very well may be a camera on the helmet.
If the killer recorded it, that copy of the killing is likely something they won't be able to part with. The key would be to find it....

Definitely something here:

attachment.php
attachment.php

-Nin

I gotcha! I'm not finding the specific picture with the fire equipment in the vehicle. I must be confusing the Midlo Conference Center with the CoC parking lot and I'm not seeing the porte cochere. Will keep looking and if I find a specific date I will point you that way, otherwise I must be lost.

Yep they look similar in some pictures

I think this points to the fact the eyes can't be cleared up enough to make a positive ID. If they had a good quality picture of the eyes that clearly identified SP, they would make the arrest, IMO. There would be no possible reason to wait that I can think of. The fact they haven't says to me that the shots of the eyes are similar to what we have which are not near the quality needed to make a positive ID. And even if we feel we can make an educated guess, it is risky to do that off an enhanced version of the screen shot. As others have mentioned, you greatly reduce the quality of the picture with each save\edit.

BBM~~~maybe, perhaps~~but IMHO, not smart enough. Any criminal who thinks he can get away with a brutal killing like this, is just fooling himself. All criminals make mistakes, even when they have planned the best crime. It is only a matter of time before this perp is in :jail:. Everyone here welcomes that day.

If tbey did any recon and knew their enteance rout, tbe worry of breaking glass is moot, no windows they broke for entry would allow a toddler let alone an adult. And if those doors weren't the intended entry point, what was? As well why not were eye protection if your worried about glass, and if they did wear eye protection, how can anyone claim to see their eyes?

Let's play a game. Clue, if you will indulge me? Just the profile I your opinion. Try not to refer to others or compare notes. Just your theory's core and suspect basics. As follows:

White male.
Mid 30 to early 40s.
Premeditated
lives in or close to midlothian.
Known to victim, not necessarily to us.
History of acting out.
Motive / anger over failed or unrequited romance.

This is mine. Looking forward to reading all of yours. Afterwards, comparing notes may be interesting.

You just answered your own question, clearly there would be blood somewhere, safer in your car than a rental, i.e. safer to wash your bloody shirt at home than take to a dry cleaner. Not saying he has anything to do with it. Just sayin' you answered your own question.

How are they going to detect any blood in something if they don't know you rented it? It's still possible to rent a car w/o a credit card. It's more difficult but it can be done. Also, if you have a car that would be noticeable then you'd definitely not drive it. And I was talking about MB's dna.

My guess MB in Red and Suspect in Yellow ... parked in back, unable to see from street, even if someone happen to drive around back they wouldnt know there was an issue. I not sure where Suspect would park just my opinion of area.
attachment.php

This makes sense but I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around something. If it's been discussed ad nauseam I apologize, I somehow totally missed it.

Per the MPD press release, MB's truck was seen on camera entering the church parking lot. So how did SP get a car in there without being seen? There are street lights, right? Could they get by the camera unnoticed with headlights cut off even with the street lights?

Is there another entrance to the parking lot that I'm missing?

I don't think we'll know the motive until the killer is named. We're on the outside looking in, so until we know the relationship between Ms. Bevers and her kilter(s), we cannot know the motive. I do believe LE knows.

You phrase this so well! I agree. My opinion is, if the perp went to the church specifically to kill Ms. Bevers, then I'll never understand their motive because it's too - evil? It's like my mind can't even go there with a scenario. Some miscreant from a Lifetime Movie?

You'll just have to put up with my botched burglary scenarios until I get more facts. :)

Average burglary takes less than 7 minutes. Re: Amanda Blackburn (RIP) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nt-murdered-Indianapolis-10-Nov-2015-4/page35

Just a time reference for average home burglary. Our perp spent much more time than 7 minutes in the church. JMO.

Thanks Boots! Yes, that was discussed in Amanda's thread, may she RIP and may her husband and son find peace as well. Makes me get want to cry~~so vicious and brutal, just like this one. Perps were caught, just like this one will be too! BTW~~just updated her thread with pretrial conference dates.

I think this points to the fact the eyes can't be cleared up enough to make a positive ID. If they had a good quality picture of the eyes that clearly identified SP, they would make the arrest, IMO. There would be no possible reason to wait that I can think of. The fact they haven't says to me that the shots of the eyes are similar to what we have which are not near the quality needed to make a positive ID. And even if we feel we can make an educated guess, it is risky to do that off an enhanced version of the screen shot. As others have mentioned, you greatly reduce the quality of the picture with each save\edit.

How are they going to detect any blood in something if they don't know you rented it? It's still possible to rent a car w/o a credit card. It's more difficult but it can be done. Also, if you have a car that would be noticeable then you'd definitely not drive it. And I was talking about MB's dna.

Like I said "jodi arias " renting the car and buying the gas can synched the case, not the fact that she took pics right before she shot, stabbed and slit his throat, just as premeditated as this. Of course IKN.

YUP Juries are scary that's why selecting jurors is sooooo important. In OJ case, the jurors didn't believe the science and they were not peers of OJ. They were from downtown LA not Brentwood. Marcia blew it in selection, too. Never select someone who is not familiar with science. Rant over. JMO

Juries are super scary. The Casey Anthony trial is a true testament to that!

And as my dad likes to say, "a jury is comprised of nothing more than the ones not smart enough to get out of it."

(Obviously, this isn't always true... as some people choose to serve because they believe it's their civic duty and they wish to exercise their full rights as an American citizen and all that. But, you get what I'm saying.)

What is your opinion on speaking with an attorney if you were any of the folks that have been listed on SW? After following cases, I believe I would at least speak to one. JMHO

I'm with you - if I was named in a SW I would retain an attorney ... and I am an attorney!

I'm with you - if I was named in a SW I would retain an attorney ... and I am an attorney!

I wouldn't retain an attorney unless I knew I had done something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member