TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my point. Why, in this case, would it be helpful to know any of those things? This isn't an altercation that turned deadly where the defendant (if ever caught and charged) will be able to claim self defense or accidental homicide. The mystery in this case is not how did it happen, but who did it.

BBM

I agree on that point, but I think it's entirely possible that a defense scenario would imply otherwise. If it's a person unknown to MB, the narrative can be about burglary or vandalism; if it's someone known to MB, they can claim their intent was to frighten or maim her.

BBM

I agree on that point, but I think it's entirely possible that a defense scenario would imply otherwise. If it's a person unknown to MB, the narrative can be about burglary or vandalism; if it's someone known to MB, they can claim their intent was to frighten or maim her.

Ok. It's my belief that it won't be an option due to the circumstances of the case, the video evidence, and hopefully the evidence of planning they'll find if they ever determine who the killer is.

I do agree with you that it's very important to preserve the bloodstain evidence through photography and other means. I just don't expect it to be useful in solving or proving this case.

The new warrants seek Bevers' communications over LinkedIn, a social networking service for professionals. The documents say she was a regular user of the site. Less than three days before her murder, a friend told law enforcement, Bevers showed the friend a private Linked In message she had received.

The message "was from a male unknown to them both, and they both agreed that the message was creepy and strange," the warrant says.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/docs-ch...issy-bevers-received-creepy-linkedin-message/

It has also been stated:
'Police found out who the man is and questioned him. They do not consider him to be a suspect.'

It has also been stated:
'Police found out who the man is and questioned him. They do not consider him to be a suspect.'

My understanding is that is a different man, not the creepy message man.

I'll take my turn now at playing Clue. Everything I say is JMO.

SP is a Hispanic male 20-35 years old, probably a resident of the greater DFW metropolitian area
I believe he was hired by 1 or more others
I believe SP has killed before & enjoys it
Motive: Missy either heard or saw some type of illegal activity that made her a danger. Thus the reason for her "not acting like her normal self" for a couple of weeks before the murder.
I think there is a good chance that SP is now safely in Mexico where he will lay low until some of the heat dies down.
I know LE will continue to diligently work the case but I think an arrest is several years down the road. Hope I'm wrong.

Good one faw. I can't decide between 4 scenarios.

1. SP is m/f hired hit or friend by family member for money, sick of, retaliation for affairs, and/or has their own male lover.

2. SP is ex male lover of husband.

3. SP is scorned male or female she met online or in real life either known or unknown to us. Maybe part of CG. Strong. Cops said she had several such relationships going on at once just from LinkedIn.

4. SP is married male LinkedIn love/sex interest pro fighter who she "continued communications with right up until time of death" according to LE, despite BB's words of them getting past all of that and trying to make marriage work. Or friend/associate of said pro fighter.

Case is starting to feel chilly.

My understanding is that is a different man, not the creepy message man.

Yes, that's a different man. Police haven't been able to independently corroborate that the creepy message ever existed, let alone determine who sent it.

I'm sure that they've interviewed at length the friend who made this claim in order to try to determine their credibility and truthfulness

Yes, that's a different man. Police haven't been able to independently corroborate that the creepy message ever existed, let alone determine who sent it.

I'm sure that they've interviewed at length the friend who made this claim in order to try to determine their credibility and truthfulness

Agree.
And the friend can not remember a name

That's my point. Why, in this case, would it be helpful to know any of those things? This isn't an altercation that turned deadly where the defendant (if ever caught and charged) will be able to claim self defense or accidental homicide. The mystery in this case is not how did it happen, but who did it.

Not an attorney, but I'm pretty sure the defense can claim anything they want. I would think since the murder is not on video (that we know about), verbal confrontation gone wrong - or whatever - could easily be a defense.

Honeybee85 said:
Brandon got very, very ill. Still is. He's been hospitalized a lot and Missy was very worried about him.

Is it your belief that the daily texts did not begin as part of an attempt to mend a broken marriage then?

I was just re reading the search warrant (linkedIn)
LE was interested in all correspondence between April 14 and 16, I hadn't remembered that.

Also noticed that police stated that they had reasonable grounds to believe the killer was an immediate danger to other human beings.

Would this be a typical statement in a warrant when the killer and motive is unknown?

Its a different account, doesn't mean it's a different man. Some fake LinkedIn account obviously. But SW said she had "several such relationships on LinkedIn going on at once." So could be any of those people m or female. She basically advertised as a personal trainer so any guy looking for a hot female to pay to give him attention and spend time alone with him could go there and try to start things up with her.

I was just re reading the search warrant (linkedIn)
LE was interested in all correspondence between April 14 and 16, I hadn't remembered that.

Also noticed that police stated that they had reasonable grounds to believe the killer was an immediate danger to other human beings.

Would this be a typical statement in a warrant when the killer is unknown?

That stuck out for me too Dushi. Made me think maybe SP made a hit list and left it at scene or its someone very desperate or very aggressive maybe on steroids. Anyway, it mostly made me think cops know who this is.

Is it your belief that the daily texts did not begin as part of an attempt to mend a broken marriage then?

She couldn't have been trying too hard to "mend things with hubby" since she was still in LinkedIn communicating with at least the pro fighter and possibly others "right up until time of death." Anyone who claimed that is either not in the know or lying.

It has also been stated:

I don't see that. Police DID question CW who said he had been communicating with MB since January, on linkedin but the "creepy" LinkedIn message to my knowledge was from someone neither MB nor her friend recognized. If it turns out that it was from CW, incognito, that has not been stated. JMO

Regarding the creepy message, if this was a hit, why bother with sending a creepy message ahead of time? The person who hired the hit could simply wait for it to happen - no need to harass the victim since another plan is put in action. And, the hitman wouldn't be interested in harassing the victim - his/her job is just to kill.

So, if the murder was a hit, then I think the creepy message was unrelated and simply a coicidence.

If it wasn't a hit, then it's possible that the creep was the same as the perp. And if they are the same person, it looks like long-standing, simmering anger and rage boiling over. The creepy message could have been left as the perp was assembling the outfit, trying it on, getting tools ready, etc. Yuck.

The message is either an important clue or a red herring.

Sigh. I want this solved!

JMOpinion, to be changed again and again on this case.

I was just thinking about the SWAT disguise and wondering if another reason it was worn might have been in case things didn't go as planned and they encountered someone other than Missy, they could claim..."oh yeah, we got a call about vandalism/break-in here...."

Another question for Honeybee85 or anyone that might know: does BB have a chronic illness? I haven't seen the frequent hospitalizations mentioned here or in the media coverage that I've read. I do however, remember comments made about losing insurance.

BBM

In regard to THIS case
"planned" (Premeditated); brutal; (etc.),

(When they find out who did this and charge them),
I believe a "defense" attorney will focus their energy on: Trying, to get a "plea deal".

(I think even a "defense" attorney, would find the scenerio of: trying to come up with a "defense", is a rather "moot" subject.)

burglary [of a "church"] doesn't even cut-it. (There isn't really anything to steal, at a "church".)

While I'm on that subject: That was, yet another, "mistake" the (killer of Terri Bevers, she is going to be at the church) made.
The person did the ol': "Stage" the scene, to try to make it "look like" a burglary
(gone wrong)

in regard to:
a place where burglars usually "don't" go.
(lol)

````````
She posted on Facebook,
I have to get up at "3:30" a.m.

(Another "mistake", that the perp made)
Look at the time, that they went to the inside the church (seen for the first time, on the "inside" surveillance video) (Possibly there a tad bit earlier, but that was first sighting on inside surveillance camera):

"3:50" a.m.

> Even the "time", itself,
is a give-away

(told on themself/did something dumb, yet again),
that they went there to
wait on Terri Bevers to "walk in" and kill her.

[But wait. There is 'more' dumbness]
Then,
the perp was CAUGHT on surveillance camera,
"Staging" the scene.

She couldn't have been trying too hard to "mend things with hubby" since she was still in LinkedIn communicating with at least the pro fighter and possibly others "right up until time of death." Anyone who claimed that is either not in the know or lying.

This could be true, but it could be that she wanted to stay in the marriage and loved her husband but also liked the attention of flirting with other guys. Not judging, just saying it's possible she was "happy" in the marriage but flirting for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper