TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
List of things that can nail SP -- (please add to list)

1. The car

2. Enhancement of video

3. Biological and fiber evidence left on victim or on scene

4. Anything left behind by perp, weapons, notes, footprints...

5. Interviews with friends and family

6. Electronic data, trail

7. Evidence such as fibers or fingerprints left by perp in MBs vehicle or home from another day

8. Blood splatter: the wider out the more likely perp is female or weak male

9. Research into her activity/involvement with Thrive and other PE drugs.

10. List of people who attended the 24 HR fitness MB avoided in the end.

Regarding the creepy message, if this was a hit, why bother with sending a creepy message ahead of time? The person who hired the hit could simply wait for it to happen - no need to harass the victim since another plan is put in action. And, the hitman wouldn't be interested in harassing the victim - his/her job is just to kill.

So, if the murder was a hit, then I think the creepy message was unrelated and simply a coicidence.

If it wasn't a hit, then it's possible that the creep was the same as the perp. And if they are the same person, it looks like long-standing, simmering anger and rage boiling over. The creepy message could have been left as the perp was assembling the outfit, trying it on, getting tools ready, etc. Yuck.

The message is either an important clue or a red herring.

Sigh. I want this solved!

JMOpinion, to be changed again and again on this case.

Maybe escalation?

The creepy message

I hope LE can find it, I know less than nothing about retrieving electronic stuff.

If it is related, who would send something like that?
Obviously, someone who did not want to be identified as Missy did not recognize the name

So was it a stalker?
Someone infatuated?
Someone she ignored?
Someone obsessed with her?

Would there be any reason, other than frightening her, to send a strange and creepy message anonymously?
The friend said that h/she did not remember who it was from, but she must have remembered the message

This could be true, but it could be that she wanted to stay in the marriage and loved her husband but also liked the attention of flirting with other guys. Not judging, just saying it's possible she was "happy" in the marriage but flirting for fun.

Yes. We have no idea what sort of agreement they had about their marriage. They may not have considered sexting as adultery...we don't know. BB in his last interview seemed not to be terribly concerned about her social media activities, more, that he hates to see the dirty laundry aired, that he said was no different than other couples' problems. And would like to protect his kids from adult issues. JMO

That's my point. Why, in this case, would it be helpful to know any of those things? This isn't an altercation that turned deadly where the defendant (if ever caught and charged) will be able to claim self defense or accidental homicide. The mystery in this case is not how did it happen, but who did it.
One simple answer - if someone does confess to the crime at some point, police like to have certain things up their sleeve "that only the killer would know", so that they can confirm that they're dealing with the real killer and not a false confession. Blood spatter will show them exactly where in the room she was struck, at what height, etc. They'll also be able to tell if the body was moved. So if in a confession someone says, I hit her with a hammer while she was standing up, but the spatter results indicate it couldn't have happened that way, then they know they don't have the killer or else the killer isn't being completely truthful. But if he gives them a compatible story right from the get-go, then they know they have their man (or woman).

And "creepy" can be in the eye of the beholder, right? Someone here posted about that a long, long time ago. Could have been as simple as "see you had some roof damage - need a bid" or another kind of work solicitation. I agree - maybe it was a red herring. Maybe LE viewed the message, interviewed the sender and went on with the investigation. But I like the idea of escalation - makes as much sense as anything else.

Yes. We have no idea what sort of agreement they had about their marriage. They may not have considered sexting as adultery...we don't know. BB in his last interview seemed not to be terribly concerned about her social media activities, more, that he hates to see the dirty laundry aired, that he said was no different than other couples' problems. And would like to protect his kids from adult issues. JMO

In that protective posture, how're all those interviews working out for you, BB?

His wife was found dead, brutally murdered. I am pretty sure that even if he thinks sexting is cheating, after Missy's tragic death her social media activities and flirts are the least of his concerns.

I was just thinking about the SWAT disguise and wondering if another reason it was worn might have been in case things didn't go as planned and they encountered someone other than Missy, they could claim..."oh yeah, we got a call about vandalism/break-in here...."

IMO "we got a call about break-in..." was the reason for the disguise, not in case they encountered someone else, but actually to fool Missy, to gain access to her, because otherwise she would recognize them and not go in willfully and they wanted to get closer to her before she figured out who it was. When the person who has been stalking you shows up at the church where you are alone at 4 am, you run and they couldn't let that happen. Someone this enraged would have also had something to say to her and needed to get her blocked in a kitchen or hallway. Otherwise they would just shoot her getting out of the truck. It was about more than killing her, IMO.

She couldn't have been trying too hard to "mend things with hubby" since she was still in LinkedIn communicating with at least the pro fighter and possibly others "right up until time of death." Anyone who claimed that is either not in the know or lying.

Considering we do not know if he was trying to mend anything either...I don't think blaming her is fair. It could just as easily been him too.

The creepy message

I hope LE can find it, I know less than nothing about retrieving electronic stuff.

If it is related, who would send something like that?
Obviously, someone who did not want to be identified as Missy did not recognize the name

So was it a stalker?
Someone infatuated?
Someone she ignored?
Someone obsessed with her?

Would there be any reason, other than frightening her, to send a strange and creepy message anonymously?
The friend said that h/she did not remember who it was from, but she must have remembered the message

No idea what MB and the friend considered "creepy" but there is a good chance it could be unrelated. She was fairly open and public with her social media presence. It wouldn't shock me to hear she received random private messages from people she didn't know fairly regularly. Electronic data can often be traced, but I am guessing the effort put into it in this case would depend on what that creepy content really was. If it was a stranger asking for a hook up or something similar, they may have done the basic tracing, reaching out to LI to recover the message, etc. If it was something along the lines of an actual threat to harm, I would bet they dig deep, tracing IPs, getting video surveillance from place of purchase if it was done from a burner, checking if there was surveillance if done from public library computers, etc.

ETA: I am going on the assumption LE knew the exact content from the beginning based on the information from the friend who discussed it with MB.

IMO "we got a call about break-in..." was the reason for the disguise, not in case they encountered someone else, but actually to fool Missy, to gain access to her, because otherwise she would recognize them and not go in willfully and they wanted to get closer to her before she figured out who it was. When the person who has been stalking you shows up at the church where you are alone at 4 am, you run and they couldn't let that happen. Someone this enraged would have also had something to say to her and needed to get her blocked in a kitchen or hallway. Otherwise they would just shoot her getting out of the truck. It was about more than killing her, IMO.

Well, the SWAT gear is possibly one of the least comfortable ways to disguise your identity. A balaclava and dark glasses/goggles would sufice for that purpose, also being a lot easier to obtain, transport and get rid of. Also the perp spent a bunch of money buying the outfit that cannot be properly cleaned from the victims blood, so it had to be disposed immediately after murder. See, this gear creates much more problems than it makes advantages for the perp.

Also, on the recording the perp did not look like someone enraged, preparing for confrontation with the person they hate. The perp looked pretty carefree and on ease, walking through the church.

And "creepy" can be in the eye of the beholder, right? Someone here posted about that a long, long time ago. Could have been as simple as "see you had some roof damage - need a bid" or another kind of work solicitation. I agree - maybe it was a red herring. Maybe LE viewed the message, interviewed the sender and went on with the investigation. But I like the idea of escalation - makes as much sense as anything else.

Yes, I'm also seeing the creepy call as part of the escalation. I think by the time the creepy message was sent, the plan for murder was underway and the perp was enjoying the process. Maybe the message even gave a clue of what was to come, though not so specific that Missy would know what it meant.

The more I think about the message, the more I envision it to be the creep, perhaps even sent in a moment of excitement as plan at the church was finalizes in his/her brain. S/he saw everything was working out and was perhaps impatient for the murder date so left a message in anticipation.

All speculation and guesses on my part. Could be entirely off-base...or on-base....or somewhere in between. JMopinion

Well, the SWAT gear is possibly one of the least comfortable ways to disguise your identity. A balaclava and dark glasses/goggles would sufice for that purpose, also being a lot easier to obtain, transport and get rid of. Also the perp spent a bunch of money buying the outfit that cannot be properly cleaned from the victims blood, so it had to be disposed immediately after murder. See, this gear creates much more problems than it makes advantages for the perp.

Also, on the recording the perp did not look like someone enraged, preparing for confrontation with the person they hate. The perp looked pretty carefree and on ease, walking through the church.

bbm: Unless the perp already owned the outfit? I have thought about this being a LE person committing the crime. Maybe hired? I think if an ordinary person were to get an outfit like this together, they wouldn't bother with the "POLICE" lettering on front and back as long as they were still fully covered? It probably isn't a real LE person but it has crossed my mind due to the "official" police lettering. I think you can buy that, however. But again, why not just buy the plain black outfits like that? Unless it's more for the "fear factor" when your victim sees you?

?? I don't understand your question.

Sorry - should have been more clear. My opinion - some words don't mirror actions.
My apologies.......not directed at you but at the idea of protection: And would like to protect his kids from adult issues.

Regarding the creepy message, if this was a hit, why bother with sending a creepy message ahead of time? The person who hired the hit could simply wait for it to happen - no need to harass the victim since another plan is put in action. And, the hitman wouldn't be interested in harassing the victim - his/her job is just to kill. So, if the murder was a hit, then I think the creepy message was unrelated and simply a coicidence. If it wasn't a hit, then it's possible that the creep was the same as the perp. And if they are the same person, it looks like long-standing, simmering anger and rage boiling over. The creepy message could have been left as the perp was assembling the outfit, trying it on, getting tools ready, etc. Yuck. The message is either an important clue or a red herring. Sigh. I want this solved! JMOpinion, to be changed again and again on this case.
The creepy message is so lame. I think it is related, but I don' think it is SP who sent it. I believe there is a conspiracy behind this murder, and the creepy messages should have been sent a long time ago, and over a period of time, from proxies overseas, to make it look like MB was being stalked by a creepy stranger. One creepy message immediately before the murder, with no other creepy events (such as other evidence of stalking like notes on car, someone peeping in the house windows, hangup calls, strange car following MB home, etc.) and with the alleged warnings to be careful... so lame.

One simple answer - if someone does confess to the crime at some point, police like to have certain things up their sleeve "that only the killer would know", so that they can confirm that they're dealing with the real killer and not a false confession. Blood spatter will show them exactly where in the room she was struck, at what height, etc. They'll also be able to tell if the body was moved. So if in a confession someone says, I hit her with a hammer while she was standing up, but the spatter results indicate it couldn't have happened that way, then they know they don't have the killer or else the killer isn't being completely truthful. But if he gives them a compatible story right from the get-go, then they know they have their man (or woman).

We don't know, if there was blood spatter.

-Nin

Wondering if the financial difficulties were related to his being ill and in pain. Apparently Missy covered health care for herself and kids, so I presumed that BB has his own health care plan.......................maybe a huge deductible, or something. Missy seemed, from a summation of posts that ArkMimi posted, to be making decent money from her many enterprises in the last few years, so one would think that the household would have a greater income than they did when Missy was only working sporadically. But BB is right, just about everyone has financial issues. JUST SPECULATING JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper