TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question for Honeybee85 or anyone that might know: does BB have a chronic illness? I haven't seen the frequent hospitalizations mentioned here or in the media coverage that I've read. I do however, remember comments made about losing insurance.

Losing insurance was relative to getting kids counselling. But I suspect it impacted the whole family, physical as well. BB was struggling with illness recently (chronic is a technical word I can't verify). There were communications going around thanking various people for transporting him to medical appointments.

No idea what MB and the friend considered "creepy" but there is a good chance it could be unrelated. She was fairly open and public with her social media presence. It wouldn't shock me to hear she received random private messages from people she didn't know fairly regularly. Electronic data can often be traced, but I am guessing the effort put into it in this case would depend on what that creepy content really was. If it was a stranger asking for a hook up or something similar, they may have done the basic tracing, reaching out to LI to recover the message, etc. If it was something along the lines of an actual threat to harm, I would bet they dig deep, tracing IPs, getting video surveillance from place of purchase if it was done from a burner, checking if there was surveillance if done from public library computers, etc. ETA: I am going on the assumption LE knew the exact content from the beginning based on the information from the friend who discussed it with MB.
Is it easy to go to the downtown main public library in a city like Dallas, hand a homeless guy $20, and have him create a LinkedIn account, then send a "creepy message"?

bbm: Unless the perp already owned the outfit? I have thought about this being a LE person committing the crime. Maybe hired? I think if an ordinary person were to get an outfit like this together, they wouldn't bother with the "POLICE" lettering on front and back as long as they were still fully covered? It probably isn't a real LE person but it has crossed my mind due to the "official" police lettering. I think you can buy that, however. But again, why not just buy the plain black outfits like that? Unless it's more for the "fear factor" when your victim sees you?

The vests with POLICE are readily available online. My ideas go towards MB being targeted, so in that scenario, the lettering would be key. The costume was dual purpose, to hide identity while also giving MB a moment of pause when encountering someone strange in the building at that hour. Like others mentioned, if there were a random person in all black confronting her, she would likely immediately flee or fight. If she saw someone labeled as police, she may give them a minute to explain what was going on. All just speculation of course....

One thing that bothers me is that LE has to have video of the killer leaving the church after Missy was murdered. They haven't shown us any of that video but it should pinpoint exactly what time the killer left the building. This is important because one of the students arrived early for the class and was sitting in the parking lot in her car. So why didn't she see someone exit the building? Why was the killer comfortable cutting it so close timewise to when other people would be arriving at the church? That was a big risk. He or she could've run into someone as they were coming to class, instead the killer seems to be in no hurry at all, waiting around in the church after Missy arrived but before attacking her.

bookmark

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Is it easy to go to the downtown main public library in a city like Dallas, hand a homeless guy $20, and have him create a LinkedIn account, then send a "creepy message"?

Homeless people are usually ineligible for library cards, but other than that... maybe. The IP would go back to the library though and ime people need their card numbers to log in. Some libraries also have CCTV.

One thing that bothers me is that LE has to have video of the killer leaving the church after Missy was murdered. They haven't shown us any of that video but it should pinpoint exactly what time the killer left the building. This is important because one of the students arrived early for the class and was sitting in the parking lot in her car. So why didn't she see someone exit the building? Why was the killer comfortable cutting it so close timewise to when other people would be arriving at the church? That was a big risk. He or she could've run into someone as they were coming to class, instead the killer seems to be in no hurry at all, waiting around in the church after Missy arrived but before attacking her.
One of the CG member' arrived 25 minutes early, was this the norm? Maybe SP thought he had more time?

Well, the SWAT gear is possibly one of the least comfortable ways to disguise your identity. A balaclava and dark glasses/goggles would sufice for that purpose, also being a lot easier to obtain, transport and get rid of. Also the perp spent a bunch of money buying the outfit that cannot be properly cleaned from the victims blood, so it had to be disposed immediately after murder. See, this gear creates much more problems than it makes advantages for the perp.

Also, on the recording the perp did not look like someone enraged, preparing for confrontation with the person they hate. The perp looked pretty carefree and on ease, walking through the church.

The perp tried to disguise every aspect of his/her identity including height and seems confident wearing the outfit. This could mean they are either used to wearing this kind of clothing/ headgear (paintball e.g.) or they had ample opportunity in adapting to wearing and operating in this outfit. The headgear/ balaclava will impair the hearing, which is one of the points I have doubts the perp was acting on his or her own. We may think the gear created more problems than benefits from our point of view. However, there was a very distinct reason the perp chose to wear this outfit.

I am beyond the point categorizing this being a random burglary by the way. If this was some kind of intentional vandalism of the church rubbing it into Midlothian LE and the church at the same time, well, then it is another story.

For that matter I'd like to know, if the perp brought the hammer or did he used one he found inside the church. Do we know?

-Nin

In regard to THIS case
"planned" (Premeditated); brutal; (etc.),

(When they find out who did this and charge them),
I believe a "defense" attorney will focus their energy on: Trying, to get a "plea deal".

(I think even a "defense" attorney, would find the scenerio of: trying to come up with a "defense", is a rather "moot" subject.)

burglary [of a "church"] doesn't even cut-it. (There isn't really anything to steal, at a "church".)

While I'm on that subject: That was, yet another, "mistake" the (killer of Terri Bevers, she is going to be at the church) made.
The person did the ol': "Stage" the scene, to try to make it "look like" a burglary
(gone wrong)

(RSBM)

I agree with your conclusions, but I have learned not to underestimate the brazenness of sociopaths, who often remain convinced that they can win a jury trial, even when faced with mountains of evidence to the contrary. Not to say that I believe Missy's killer to be a sociopath, but I think it's possible.

She couldn't have been trying too hard to "mend things with hubby" since she was still in LinkedIn communicating with at least the pro fighter and possibly others "right up until time of death." Anyone who claimed that is either not in the know or lying.

A thought -- Maybe one of the LinkedIn flirtations somehow got attached and made a fake account and messaged her and found out she would talk to them the same way as their other personna and got furious. Or maybe someone she was actually seeing found out about her online stuff perhaps by the same method and became enraged.

Considering we do not know if he was trying to mend anything either...I don't think blaming her is fair. It could just as easily been him too.

Who's blaming her??? LOL. Not I. Just stating the fact that if he claims to believe she was done with all of that either he's a liar or not in the know. She didn't deserve to be killed and I hope the perp is caught and executed.

Agree.
And the friend can not remember a name

This has stuck with me from the beginning. it was only a short time prior to the murder. I would think that friend would remember name, partial name, or somthing that would help narrow it down. Maybe not, but strange none the less.

This has stuck with me from the beginning. it was only a short time prior to the murder. I would think that friend would remember name, partial name, or somthing that would help narrow it down. Maybe not, but strange none the less.

I agree. Unless at the time she saw the message she thought it was nothing to worry about and didn't concentrate on it very much.

We don't know, if there was blood spatter.

-Nin
Not for sure, no. But the question was, how could blood spatter analysis be helpful in this case... If it exists.

We know she died of a head injury and had multiple puncture wounds to head and chest. I'd be surprised if there was no blood spatter.

(First of all, we don't know "why" the person was wearing what they were wearing. Some are 'assuming', it may have been for reason of: to disguise, identity.)

(In regard to this 'theory': Maybe, to try to get closer to her.)

The person may have, jumped-out at her. (i.e. There may have been no reason to, try to get, closer to her.)

``````
"What if",
the reason was:
so that she WOULD know who it was
(or, who it was 'about'. In other words, if a female was wearing it (it could have been stuff that actually belonged to her ol' man.) (husband or boyfriend.)

[* Did she know someone who had gear like that.]

`````
(or)
It could have been worn more for, this reason: "intimidation" purpose.

`````
And there is this question:
(If the perp did not buy this, just for this reason (to do this case),
and if the perp already had this),
- "why" did they have it?
- when did they wear it
- what did they use it for

(First of all, we don't know "why" the person was wearing what they were wearing. Some are 'assuming', it may have been for reason of: to disguise, identity.)

(In regard to this 'theory': Maybe, to try to get closer to her.)

The person may have, jumped-out at her. (i.e. There may have been no reason to, try to get, closer to her.)

``````
"What if",
the reason was:
so that she WOULD know who it was
(or, who it was 'about'. In other words, if a female was wearing it (it could have been stuff that actually belonged to her ol' man.) (husband or boyfriend.)

[* Did she know someone who had gear like that.]

`````
(or)
It could have been worn more for, this reason: "intimidation" purpose.

`````
And there is this question:
(If the perp did not buy this, just for this reason (to do this case),
and if the perp already had this),
- "why" did they have it?
- when did they wear it
- what did they use it for

If you are assuming the outfit was chosen because she thought MB WOULD then know who it was (because MB already knew who had that type of gear) I wouldn't think you would add the POLICE labeled vest. Unless we are saying the husband\bf who owned the gear was LE? That seems risky though. If my husband was a cop and owned that gear, the last thing I would want to do when committing a crime is borrow his stuff.

bbm: Unless the perp already owned the outfit? I have thought about this being a LE person committing the crime. Maybe hired?

That would be the stupidest LE person ever, to commit a crime while wearing a LE gear.

I think if an ordinary person were to get an outfit like this together, they wouldn't bother with the "POLICE" lettering on front and back as long as they were still fully covered?

Unless what the perp did in the church was a little fantasy reenactment and the LE outfit an important element of this fantasy, defining them as a person with power.

It probably isn't a real LE person but it has crossed my mind due to the "official" police lettering. I think you can buy that, however. But again, why not just buy the plain black outfits like that? Unless it's more for the "fear factor" when your victim sees you?

Or to fulfill a fantasy.

Stuck with me too. Along with the possibility of LE not being able to locate the message on MBs end if she didn't delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper