TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are assuming the outfit was chosen because she thought MB WOULD then know who it was (because MB already knew who had that type of gear) I wouldn't think you would add the POLICE labeled vest. Unless we are saying the husband\bf who owned the gear was LE? That seems risky though. If my husband was a cop and owned that gear, the last thing I would want to do when committing a crime is borrow his stuff.
Unless she wanted to set him up too

(RSBM)

I agree with your conclusions, but I have learned not to underestimate the brazenness of sociopaths, who often remain convinced that they can win a jury trial, even when faced with mountains of evidence to the contrary. Not to say that I believe Missy's killer to be a sociopath, but I think it's possible.

Um, yes! Jodi Arias comes to mind!

That would be the stupidest LE person ever, to commit a crime while wearing a LE gear.

Unless what the perp did in the church was a little fantasy reenactment and the LE outfit an important element of this fantasy, defining them as a person with power.

Or to fulfill a fantasy.

....along with other reasons already stated, maybe for protection. Missy was very fit and the murderer probably not.

Stuck with me too. Along with the possibility of LE not being able to locate the message on MBs end if she didn't delete it.

Has anyone considered that there may not have been a creepy message? How tall is the friend who said that?

Has anyone considered that there may not have been a creepy message? How tall is the friend who said that?
Yes, maybe the story of the message was told to LE to get them looking for an unknown stalker. But then when LE got access to the LI account and the message was not found, wouldn't that person become a suspect?

One of the CG member' arrived 25 minutes early, was this the norm? Maybe SP thought he had more time?

Which I too find curious....
Couple that with MB arriving close to 45 mins prior to the class, which, IMO, seems "early" even if she did have to unload some equipment.
I know this has been discussed (what hasn't?) but I still wonder if MB planned on meeting someone for a few mins before the rest of the class showed up.

Regarding the creepy message, if this was a hit, why bother with sending a creepy message ahead of time? The person who hired the hit could simply wait for it to happen - no need to harass the victim since another plan is put in action. And, the hitman wouldn't be interested in harassing the victim - his/her job is just to kill.

So, if the murder was a hit, then I think the creepy message was unrelated and simply a coicidence.

If it wasn't a hit, then it's possible that the creep was the same as the perp. And if they are the same person, it looks like long-standing, simmering anger and rage boiling over. The creepy message could have been left as the perp was assembling the outfit, trying it on, getting tools ready, etc. Yuck.

The message is either an important clue or a red herring.

I've always thought the "creepy" linked-in message from someone she didn't think she knew was actually from SP. For 2 reasons: the timing (so close to the murder) and the platform used (Linked-In, where we know - according to the SW - that she was sending intimate msgs with one or more people). So I do think it's an important clue.

Why would SP send a creepy message if they knew they were going to kill her? Because killing her wasn't enough. I think SP wanted to terrorize her, make her scared.

As to WHY the murderer did the things they did...I don't think we will ever know the truth. If it wasn't already.... HIs/her mind became sick, twisted, demented, unhinged at some point and once that happened there was no turning back. The murderer was able to put his/her diabolical plans in motion and,unfortunately for so many people, everything fell into place and they accomplished what they set out to do.

I've always thought the "creepy" linked-in message from someone she didn't think she knew was actually from SP. For 2 reasons: the timing (so close to the murder) and the platform used (Linked-In, where we know - according to the SW - that she was sending intimate msgs with one or more people). So I do think it's an important clue.

Why would SP send a creepy message if they knew they were going to kill her? Because killing her wasn't enough. I think SP wanted to terrorize her, make her scared.

I wish we could get more info on this creepy message. Was it creepy in a sexual tone, or was it creepy in a violent/threatening manner? Or was it creepy for other reasons?

Homeless people are usually ineligible for library cards, but other than that... maybe. The IP would go back to the library though and ime people need their card numbers to log in. Some libraries also have CCTV.

You don't have to jabe a card to use the computer at our library. However tnis scenario flies in the face of logic, first why would you risk being identified by offering someone to make a fake acct when you could do it yourself, secondly pretty sure a homeless person would go straight to the police for that 10 grand.

One thing that bothers me is that LE has to have video of the killer leaving the church after Missy was murdered. They haven't shown us any of that video but it should pinpoint exactly what time the killer left the building. This is important because one of the students arrived early for the class and was sitting in the parking lot in her car. So why didn't she see someone exit the building? Why was the killer comfortable cutting it so close timewise to when other people would be arriving at the church? That was a big risk. He or she could've run into someone as they were coming to class, instead the killer seems to be in no hurry at all, waiting around in the church after Missy arrived but before attacking her.

The killer might have thought they would have a solid 15 minutes at least - not knowing that a CG would show up early. S/he escaped by the skin of their teeth, and may not even realized it. If the CG parked by Missy's truck, and SP left the same way S/he came in (assumably) through the broken door, that is on the opposite side of the building, where a getaway vehicle could have hiding, lights off in the lower back corner. (long sentence there...) sorry.

Some speculation from me on where things are going from here:

We know the lab has either begun or is about to begin testing on physical evidence from the MB case. We know this via LE's statement at the 5/20 presser that the lab informed them they would begin testing in early June.

Based on what I've read on lab testing procedures, they will be testing not only the bloody shirt but also any other items that have been sent to them by LE in this case. Case materials are tested in a batch, usually.

The tests themselves are just one part of the picture. The results have to be documented, and one or more analysts then review that documentation. Once all reports have been completed and signed off on, the information is then released to LE.

It could easily take a month from the beginning of testing to the end reporting. It all depends on the quantity of items LE sent to the lab and the complexity of the tests that have to be performed.

So I would not expect there to be much new information in June. Unless of course the perp walks into MPD one day and confesses. Or there could be some huge break at any time that forces LE to move.

But other than that, we might have to wait until after July 4th to get a substantive update from LE.

While following this case, I've felt a tremendous amount of creepiness in pondering all the angles and possibilities. I'm stuck on the idea that the SP wanted Missy to fall into the trap of thinking she was merely a victim of a practical joke or candid-camera type of prank..

My apologies if this idea has been presented or repeated before on the threads, but 1 youtube search brought up this "mini wireless multi-voice changer/synthesizer/digitizer". Cheap. White as shown in the video (like the white possible cell phone, or odd accoutrements speculated about re visuals in the the surv. video). Creepy as heck.

[video=youtube;hb2YbZeHj-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb2YbZeHj-A[/video]

I'll take my turn now at playing Clue. Everything I say is JMO.

SP is a Hispanic male 20-35 years old, probably a resident of the greater DFW metropolitian area
I believe he was hired by 1 or more others
I believe SP has killed before & enjoys it
Motive: Missy either heard or saw some type of illegal activity that made her a danger. Thus the reason for her "not acting like her normal self" for a couple of weeks before the murder.
I think there is a good chance that SP is now safely in Mexico where he will lay low until some of the heat dies down.
I know LE will continue to diligently work the case but I think an arrest is several years down the road. Hope I'm wrong.

Continuing CHUCKJ's 'Clue' from previous thread...

Just the theorized profile:

Light-skinned male (Caucasian or Hispanic or mix)
Teenager; athletic, works out; 5'6" to 5'7" tall
Premeditated
Lives in Midlothian; well-acquainted with the area
Known to victim, not necessarily to us
No previous criminal history; may well have had planning accomplice(s)
Motive - personal revenge and/or drug use coverup (Missy knew something)

Looking forward to comparing notes after an arrest is made. Looking forward to an arrest or arrests as soon as possible, no matter which theory is correct (and frankly hoping mine is not).

While we;'re on the subject of various personal theories - is CT still getting the "blame"? Seems she was suspect no1 and there was lots of speculation about her. Locals - has that all calmed down a bit now?!

Continuing CHUCKJ's 'Clue' from previous thread...

Just the theorized profile:

Light-skinned male (Caucasian or Hispanic or mix)
Teenager; athletic
Premeditated
Lives in Midlothian
Known to victim, not necessarily to us
No previous criminal history; may well have had planning accomplice(s)
Motive - personal revenge and/or drug use coverup (Missy knew something)

Looking forward to comparing notes after an arrest is made. Looking forward to an arrest or arrests as soon as possible, no matter which theory is correct (and frankly hoping mine is not).

CLUE:

I have enjoyed reading everyones theories and it gives an eye opening prospective. Even within the range of theories, there are many similarities.

JMO on a few things.

I believe the creepy message is related.
I believe the suspect owned or had access to the gear prior and i believe the gear is lagit. Probably not the lates and greatest in riot gear but non the less, actual riot gear. Many smaller PDs do not have the most expensive and hightech gear as they will likley never use it for anything other than practice.
I think ultimatly this case will be solved, somewhere between information from someone at the gym, and information from a close firend of MB who may be withholding info, thinking she is doing BB and the kids a favor by not bringing things to light that they may not want to hear. Also I believe there may be a connection to a mutual friend of the person withholding information.
As for the burglary aspect, or staged burglary. I dont believe suspect was staging anything, and again JMO, and based soley on observation of the suspect wondering the hauls. I think the suspect was casual, and almost content. I don't think it was rage in the sence of "Im so mad, I'm going to kill you" as much as it was "I'm so hurt, I'm going to have to kill you to get reliefe". I can almost hear the suspect talking to themselves as they walk down the hall, half brushing the wall and half holding themselves up with it."This is the end, theres no other way" also the half-hearted attempt to open the locked door. I think the suspect may have been considering rather or not they would go through with it. I also believe that the smashing of windows and bankingon the sheetrock was just taking out frustration, but at an exhausted level. Like when someone has cried so much, they can't cry any more.
I do not think there was more than one party involved. My original theory was that this was a hit. Not by a professional, but by someone cold enough to do the job, and for me, thats still on the table, but for me if so i dont think it was for BB or family member, but more likley a jilted lover, or someone who thought they should be loved.

While we;'re on the subject of various personal theories - is CT still getting the "blame"? Seems she was suspect no1 and there was lots of speculation about her. Locals - has that all calmed down a bit now?!

She is still a candidate in my mind.....but not the only one. JMO <modsnip>

You don't have to jabe a card to use the computer at our library. However tnis scenario flies in the face of logic, first why would you risk being identified by offering someone to make a fake acct when you could do it yourself, secondly pretty sure a homeless person would go straight to the police for that 10 grand.

Now 20 grand (and I agree). Plus, the Dallas Public library does require a card to use a computer, as do the suburban libraries.

In a town with a kiler on the loose $20K doesn't sound like much. And somewhere BB said he had people who were going to increase it. Why would it remain 20$? If it were my spouse I would certainly come up with more. I would also be hiding my children....if I had no idea why she was targeted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr