TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My son is a staunchly against SM, he values his freedom. We discussed case, he believes MB stalked, end of subject. Seriously, catfished. I'm leaning toward this too. Women with families don't typically kill; no?

Catfished means to be lured into a relationship by someone pretending to be someone else. In Missy's world there would be no reason for anyone to do that. They had easy access to her - her schedule for classes was public, her contract info including phone was public. Stalked, yes - easy to do with all that info. But it's not catfishing.

The direct light is a very different color and points in every direction the head turns. It actually flashes directly into the camera and you can see the actual light on the helmet at the seconds I noted. I didn't even know there was differing opinions about the head lamp. It is so clear.

I really don't think so. Why would he/she use a hand flashlight at that doorway then? I think it's just reflections from the ceiling lights that are being seen.

I'm reluctant to dwell on it too much because I think that it has very little (if any) relevance to the case.

I am pretty sure it is a headlamp on the helmet and the other light is a smaller, less noticeable flashlight. The headlamp is reflecting off of the wall.
attachment.php

Attachments

• vlcsnap-error168.jpg
    vlcsnap-error168.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 387
I am pretty sure it is a headlamp on the helmet and the other light is a smaller, less noticeable flashlight. The headlamp is reflecting off of the wall.
attachment.php

Thank you.

attachment.php

There are other explanations for the flashes. Perhaps someday we will find out what the real deal was there. Perhaps we won't. As I said, I doubt that it's at all relevant.

They don't like social media. They have complained about that before. That's life in 2016 and other departments are learning how to deal with it and even use it to their advantage. Maybe they need to call for help.

Well after reading around in Rumorville, I can only imagine some of the stuff they rec'd on the tip line. And Lord only knows how many times daily! I am sure that alone will wear someone out! And wasted valuable time.

Quote Originally Posted by wgram View Post
I took a screenshot of the SP...this is what I got. It looks kind of like the older baseball helmets. My son wore one while playing ball. There looks to be a part of it that comes over the ears
and is molded to come out a little more... Hope this makes sense. Also you can tell that the SP is wearing shorts, with perhaps tights or spandex.

It does look like they've got some sort of leggings on. Could they have tossed the extra gear into their boot and blended w/the others? That would be gutsy. But killers are sometimes drawn to the scene. I think the helmet is a basic tactical helmet. They look alike. I very well could be wrong. jmo.

Respectfully snipped for space. MPD stated the Suspect was wearing BDU type pants. JMHO wearing the shinn guards is what makes the top pucker/puff a little looking like shorts because of the protective gear strapped around the lower part of legs. JMHO

Anyone know if news agencies have FOIA requests in for the911 tapes? If the video has not served to generate viable tips, the 911 tapes may. The identity of the camper can be edited out.. JMO

I know I've said this before, but I keep coming back to the ATF dogs. Those are dogs specifically trained to scent for ATF specific things. Quote "... and they are getting help from both the Texas Rangers and the ATF, who brought dogs to the church Wednesday to sniff for gun-powder and other explosive residue." They don't just bring ATF dogs into every murder scene do they? I found that odd.
A few years back in the East Texas area, the ATF and Texas Rangers were involved in investigating a number of church fires caused by arson. I think they were there to determine if it was anything like that, or possible bombs planted.

I still wonder if the perp was there to burglarize and was looking for money, or to plant a bomb and wasn't expecting anyone to be there. Something has to have given LE an indication it was otherwise in order for them to conclude and state publicly they believe Missy was targeted. Maybe the swat perp left some kind of message? Or, maybe it has to do with the manner in which she was killed that led them to that conclusion . :(

A few years back in the East Texas area, the ATF and Texas Rangers were involved in investigating a number of church fires caused by arson. I think they were there to determine if it was anything like that, or possible bombs planted.

I still wonder if the perp was there to burglarize and was looking for money, or to plant a bomb and wasn't expecting anyone to be there. Something has to have given LE an indication it was otherwise in order for them to conclude and state publicly they believe Missy was targeted. Maybe the swat perp left some kind of message? Or, maybe it has to do with the manner in which she was killed that led them to that conclusion . :(

Just a theory about why LE believes MB was targeted & it is not a burglary gone wrong:

Perhaps after review of the body & murder scene (plus consulting w/various add'l agencies), they've looked at **burglary statistics** and from the analysis know that the MB murder scene does not align with a burglary. Maybe statistical analysis shows an interrupted burglary usually consists of the victim (interceptor) being quickly & singularly incapacitated; sometimes momentarily and sometimes fatally? Maybe interrupted burglaries show that typically a single type of weapon is used & used very quickly to cause a fatal blow or to temporarily disengage the interceptor? Does interrupted burglary statistics show that the perp confronts & incapacitates the interceptor usually in one fell swoop & with one method of weaponry and exits very, very quickly?

So (& I hate to write this) lets just say hypothetically in this MB case, none of the above applies to the above interrupted burglary scene. We already know that SWATperp didn't take anything from the church but that doesn't address the main statistical analysis points. Here's what may: MB may have had **multiple** weapons used to cause her demise, there may have been overkill which is not a very quick way to incapacitate an interceptor, overkill may indicate a personal association with the victim showing a targeted crime, there may have been a "lure" (i.e. a tape recording of a baby crying planted in an isolated spot OR even SWATperp calling for help) which burglars do not do--they do not entice the interceptor to a location, and finally, what is the statistical analysis on burglars wearing quasi-Police gear with the words "Police" being prominently displayed?

I wonder if anyone here has reviewed statistical analysis on interrupted burglaries to compare the data with targeted crimes?

All above is simply theoretical conjecture. All moo.

I agree the friends and campers have been very, very quiet. I am sure they (the campers) have been told by LE NOT to discuss what they saw with anyone as that is how things get distorted, even innocently, as you may think you saw or heard one thing, then discussing with someone else that was there who thinks they heard something else so then you 2nd guess yourself, like, oh, yeah..maybe I heard ..(for example, a door slam, but someone else thought it was the sound of something heavy falling to the floor)
In our security training, we are told to not discuss with others in case of a robbery, break in, etc as it can affect what you heard/think you heard or saw.
I do however think something is "off" regarding the 1st camper. I know it has been rehashed on here how they might not have been able to see SP but I just think it's odd with the timing and the first phone call to family member instead of 911.
I am confidant LE has looked into this and it might not be anything but It is something that keeps coming back to me as I run through the timeline. JMO

Sorry, I'm just getting caught up this am! Still hoping for an arrest soon!!!

I'm not sure if this is where you were heading with your post, but the thought came to me this morning that it could be possible 1st camper was not perp, but possibly a lookout for the perp? Just speculating.

Prior to following this case I don't think I would have been suspicious of someone dressed like that and I would have been very trusting. This is the first case I've followed on WB and since I starting following it I've been much more aware of my surroundings. In all honesty, now that I know about this if I was in a similar type of environment and someone was dressed like that I'm pretty sure I would run faster than I've ever ran before.

I have to agree with you. Since joining WS I have been much more aware of my surroundings as well! I agree, since following this case~~I would run like the wind as well!

attachment.php

New to WS. Here is the body type I think closely resembles SP. BatBrat I like that you take time to make this animation, however, I am with MrsCP that the person appears larger than your depiction. A side angle will always take pounds off of the subject being photographed, i.e. Models use this technique quite a bit. It would interesting for you to do this technique you have to view of the subject straight on.

some notes: I have been reading all of these posts and I did post the other day that the person is wearing shorts and leggings or hose. These are not pants and it is evident from sharp line at bottom of several images during video and the back of the leg on way to double door and at end of video when light hits that area behind knee.

Some me have made note of light on helmet. This was not turned on until after Dutch doors when we see SP walking towards camera. This light is bright and you would have seen it shining on surfaces at the beginning of video if it were on. I believe SP turned this on to blind MB. Would be interesting to know if she had defensive wounds to arms or hands.

Since i I have always believed this was a coordinated effort between at least two people. One inside church and one on outside telling SP that MB was driving up and making sure she was alone so SP could take care of business.

Sparky - there is a person that is off limits to talk about - however, I believe he was directly involved (and I will apologize if my opinion turns out wrong) but people may think they know a person really well and not know what they are capable of. He didn't do the actual killing of MB but is directly involved. JMO.

Sorry this is so long.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 655
This is where knowledge of anatomy comes into play. If you fill all the bulges you are seeing with meat or fat, you'll end up with something that looks more like this. Since it's not likely the subject looks like that even in one frame, then you use the elimination technique I described in my post.

attachment.php

That's a slight exaggeration for illustration purposes, but you get th idea.

Your work is amazing, Batbrat! Thank you :)

Sorry, I'm just getting caught up this am! Still hoping for an arrest soon!!!

I'm not sure if this is where you were heading with your post, but the thought came to me this morning that it could be possible 1st camper was not perp, but possibly a lookout for the perp? Just speculating.

Wow........do we know the first call was to family or are we speculating? I don't remember that. If the first call was to a family member and not 911, I find that very curious. I seem to recall there were 2 calls to 911 at some point - is that right? Regardless, don't think I'd want to be the person to notify a relative of a murder, but that's just me!

Yes I can. Hopefully.

Just want to start by saying I've worked as a medical and technical illustrator, so I have a thorough knowledge base with regards to anatomy. So in this technique, determining the general body size/shape is basically a tedious process of elimination.

Respectfully snipped by me.

Batbrat, your work is incredible!!! If you are not already working for or with LE~~you should be!!! You have an incredible talent!! I think that is why I love WS so much~~~there are so MANY incredibly talented sleuthers on here! I think that was the draw for me~~not a day goes by where I am not amazed!! Kuddos to you and all the other talented sleuthers on here!!! Hopefully it helps LE catch this perp and all the other perps who have committed crimes!

:yourock:

The swat outfit makes me think it was a ruse to quickly gain MBs trust. The perp could have said there's a bomb in a building or theres a hostage situation. She likely dropped her guard and was vulnerable to a quick attack.

Had this person been in street clothes (had she not known the person) she immediately would have thought something was wrong, as her class wasn't scheduled to start yet.

There's been many cases where you read of people impersonating LE, because people trust them and don't ask questions. I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happened here, but I think she was targeted nonetheless.

Yes. This whole 911 debacle is bizarre. Why on earth would anyone call BB before calling 911? This could be cleared up with 911 disclosure. As it is, people like me are wondering if the same camper who called BB ,next called 911, while another camper called 911 around the same time. But if they were the two that reportedly found Missy it's reasonable to think that one of them told the other that they were calling 911. Maybe of the two, one called 911 and the other called BB.....and a third camper also made a 911 call. BB promptly called MT reportedly with news of Missy involved in an accident. Is this what the camper relayed to BB, or is it BB who relayed the news of an accident to MT, or was it MT who originated the accident info, when she called KS??????? Campers who found Missy in the condition she was in, would never have thought that this was a slip-and-fall. JMO

Wow........do we know the first call was to family or are we speculating? I don't remember that. If the first call was to a family member and not 911, I find that very curious. I seem to recall there were 2 calls to 911 at some point - is that right? Regardless, don't think I'd want to be the person to notify a relative of a murder, but that's just me!

Seriously and others have posted about this (I have it through second party that Camper 1 is horrified and not involved). With that said this has bothered me from the start as well. Per BB in interview he is notified by a Camp Gladiator person. Who is this person? As like you Seriously I would not want to make that notification to husband. Per his Mom she is notified MB in car accident. Who notified her? She tells VS and then VS says she receives a call from another person telling her it wasn't a car accident. Who called her? Maybe this doesn't sound suspicious to others but it sure raises red flags on who the caller or callers are.

Yes. This whole 911 debacle is bizarre. Why on earth would anyone call BB before calling 911? This could be cleared up with 911 disclosure. As it is, people like me are wondering if the same camper who called BB ,next called 911, while another camper called 911 around the same time. But if they were the two that reportedly found Missy it's reasonable to think that one of them told the other that they were calling 911. Maybe of the two, one called 911 and the other called BB.....and a third camper also made a 911 call. BB promptly called MT reportedly with news of Missy involved in an accident. Is this what the camper relayed to BB, or is it BB who relayed the news of an accident to MT, or was it MT who originated the accident info, when she called KS??????? Campers who found Missy in the condition she was in, would never have thought that this was a slip-and-fall. JMO

Right, Cady...the initial phone calls made by the camp gladiators is very important & LE hasn't released the 911 calls! Do we know if the first family member to get the call from a camper was BB or was it a different family member? I've heard that two of the campers made 911 calls from separate phones but weren't they standing in close proximity? Why the need for 2 calls to 911?

I wish LE would clarify all of the initial calls-to family & to 911.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member