TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello sleuths. This may sound OT but please bear with me. Tonight I watched a Dateline about a 1984 murder of a popular SMU sorority girl. Police looked at an allegedly bad-tempered ex-boyfriend, the then-current boyfriend, and a male acquaintance whom they wrongly assumed she had rejected. The third guy was their suspect but they had no evidence and the case went very cold. More than 20 years later, her college roommate, who had become a PI to try and solve the case, started bugging the cops to test the DNA evidence, given new technology. Turns out the perp was a previously convicted sex offender who had been out on parole when the young woman was murdered. He'd knocked on her door and asked to use her bathroom, and she'd let him in.

My point in bringing this up is that we armchair sleuths, who absolutely have nowhere near sufficient evidence to figure out the Missy Bevers case, are focusing on jealous/spurned/scorned/would-be lover scenarios. It could be that one of those is it. It also could be that she found out something she wasn't supposed to know and was silenced, or that the couple's financial problems played an important part. However, it's also possible that someone unknown to Missy, her family and friends followed her in town and/or on the Internet, stalked her undetected and killed her because he/she wanted to murder her for any senseless, unreasonable reason.

My son is a staunchly against SM, he values his freedom. We discussed case, he believes MB stalked, end of subject. Seriously, catfished. I'm leaning toward this too. Women with families don't typically kill; no?

If you're replying to another poster, please use the Reply With Quote ​option. Thanks!

I took a screenshot of the SP...this is what I got. It looks kind of like the older baseball helmets. My son wore one while playing ball. There looks to be a part of it that comes over the ears
and is molded to come out a little more... Hope this makes sense. Also you can tell that the SP is wearing shorts, with perhaps tights or spandex.
attachment.php
attachment.php

It does look like they've got some sort of leggings on. Could they have tossed the extra gear into their boot and blended w/the others? That would be gutsy. But killers are sometimes drawn to the scene. I think the helmet is a basic tactical helmet. They look alike. I very well could be wrong. jmo.
attachment.php

Attachments

• New-M88-Tactical-Airsoft-font-b-Kevlar-b-font-PASGT-SWAT-USMC-font-b-Military-b.jpg
    New-M88-Tactical-Airsoft-font-b-Kevlar-b-font-PASGT-SWAT-USMC-font-b-Military-b.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 357
Sorry! It's working on my computer. There is definately a spotlight coming from the helmet - whether it's a camera or just a headlight - I couldn't tell you.
Thank you..! At least someone else sees it! Whether it's relevant or not, I don't know.

How and when does he/she turn it on and off?

Notice how, from 1:38 to 1:40 there's almost :02 that we see nothing. I think h/she turned it on between 1:38, when they were behind the door, and somewhere invisible, and when we see them again, facing forward at 1:40 and the light is clearly on.

For that whole segment of time, it was on. It was just the turning of the head that would make it reflect off the floor/ wall that would make it very visible at those timestamps.

I really don't think so. Why would he/she use a hand flashlight at that doorway then? I think it's just reflections from the ceiling lights that are being seen.

I'm reluctant to dwell on it too much because I think that it has very little (if any) relevance to the case.

I took a screenshot of the SP...this is what I got. It looks kind of like the older baseball helmets. My son wore one while playing ball. There looks to be a part of it that comes over the ears
and is molded to come out a little more... Hope this makes sense. Also you can tell that the SP is wearing shorts, with perhaps tights or spandex.
attachment.php
attachment.php
I'm going to toss this out here too, just b/c this person seems to really like the cool tactical gear. There's several types but here's a couple.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Neoprene-Fishing-Wader.jpg
    Neoprene-Fishing-Wader.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 345
  • Shipping-Free-39-45-font-b-wader-b-font-pants-fishing-font-b-waders-b-font.jpg
    Shipping-Free-39-45-font-b-wader-b-font-pants-fishing-font-b-waders-b-font.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 345
My son is a staunchly against SM, he values his freedom. We discussed case, he believes MB stalked, end of subject. Seriously, catfished. I'm leaning toward this too. Women with families don't typically kill; no?

With respect, I hope LE doesn't investigate based on what categories of people 'typically' do. This has been, in some respects, an atypical case from the start.

eta; He's right to shy away from SM...but who does he think that MB stalked, and why?

I came across a PDF online that has a lot of great information about murders (Serial Killers) I thought I would post for everyone to view. It may help to potentially shed some light on MB case that I never thought about (of course in my opinion). Maybe this could help. Below is a very small part of the document.

Use of weapons or manner of death
Does the offender’s choice of a weapon highlight any prior experiences? Does the manner of death also highlight previous experiences? Is the offender competent with the weapon or manner of death? All of these factors can reveal if the offender has certain background characteristics
https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/20...ses/serial-murder-pathways-for-investigations

What if he or she claimed to be LE and said there were reports of a shooting or bomb threat? Or something about going with him/her to be safe?

People get fooled all the time.

I try to put myself in her place and I would assume the person was LE, not someone dressing up and pretending. How often have you seen a police officer dressed like this vs how many times have you seen a fake officer dressed like this?

I understand what you are saying, but I'm still almost certain that I would back off or run. Missy was a lot braver than I am though. I'd be terrified to go anywhere alone like that arriving at an empty building with nobody in sight. My husband would have to follow me and wait until people arrived, so maybe I'm overly cautious and that makes my view distorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they went overboard on their disguise and the tools. This says to me that they are new to this, but have been planning it for while. They've over thought everything. I've got so many of the same type tools, that SP has, that those would be easy to "borrow" from somewhere that you work, or from your s/o, and then put back, or maybe this person is actually a tool junkie. It's just a lot of extra stuff that they brought and the get up was pretty over-the-top too. Unless MB's new friend was a LEO, and did this, or SP is the LEO's jilted spouse, and "borrowed" the LEO's tools, and other things... I know, far fetched.

Hey, what kind of tools does SP have? I've been wondering. Thanks! :)

IF, the murderer is who I think it is, they didnt have to drive hundreds of miles... they live in the next town over. JMO

I understand what you are saying, but Im still almost certain that I would back off or run. Missy was a lot braver than I am though. I'd be terrified to go anywhere alone like that arriving at an empty building with nobody in sight. My husband would have to follow me and wait until people arrived, so maybe I'm overly cautious and that makes my view distorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smart girl! Especially now..

Can you cite the sections of the video where you see a height disparity?

Nope I can't. The videos were merged together and I believe the original video I saw on the first day, the day mb was killed was edited to remove what I recall seeing. It wasn't so much a height discrepancy, I believe after watching the video numerous times that I recall an LE jacket on the perp with police on the left breast. However since I can no longer find the original video I can't prove what I recall seeing. I also recall something else from the first or second video which is also no longer is available.

Sent from my iPhone

Hey, what kind of tools does SP have? I've been wondering. Thanks! :)

Well, I should have worded it better but the ; Hammer, slide (or crowbar), headlamp, what looks to be a recording device, a tactical type Police jacket (granted mine doesn't have Police on it), the item in his/her left hand looks to be rather long, possibly, broken down firearm (to me anyway), appears to be wearing wader boots, and a balaclava. Not that some of those visible items aren't necessary for what he/she is about to do, but they're not special tools made just for robberies. It's everyday tools that he/she could lift off of nearly anyone, and put back afterwards, or not. There's nothing special about any of them except that tools are expensive and that he/she seems to get their kicks out of tactical gear/playing LE/ there's always someone you can get this stuff off of w/o leaving a cc trail. That was my point.

I really don't think so. Why would he/she use a hand flashlight at that doorway then? I think it's just reflections from the ceiling lights that are being seen.

I'm reluctant to dwell on it too much because I think that it has very little (if any) relevance to the case.

The direct light is a very different color and points in every direction the head turns. It actually flashes directly into the camera and you can see the actual light on the helmet at the seconds I noted. I didn't even know there was differing opinions about the head lamp. It is so clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13