TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe some of the locals can answer this question. Why has the police chief been publicly absent in this case? I mean, we've heard from Captain Spann and ASSISTANT chief Johnson, but nothing from the chief himself. Does he just not like being in front of the cameras?
Respectfully, if you watched the April 18 Press Conference with CID Captain John Spann, then you would have seen Chief Carl Smith. MPD Chief of Police Carl Smith.JPG He spoke first. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12514028#post12514028 Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson is spokesman for the MPD or has been in past and appears to be in this case.

Financial woes COULD be a reason for Missy to enter into some kind of risky financial transaction with someone. The target number extractions were for between March 1 and April 24.IMO I don't think that those extractions were primarily to uncover infidelity, which is not illegal, but more, to see what sort of activity was taking place that could be gleaned from analyzing communications between Missy and the (or some) target numbers. SIMPLY MY HUMBLE OPINION....................(or, that she somehow was privy to such activity)
I notice the way it is stated here from MPD is financial "struggle". That does not necessarily mean they had financial problems, or that money was tight, just that they argued about how it was spent.

Thanks Arkansasmimi - I edited the color and make of car! Light colored Nissan Altima.

I think this car was very much involved with MB crime, and I wonder if plates belong to an involved fireman or cop?

JMO

About the plates, I have no idea we have not been told they could read the plates or not. On color of car, I wasn't trying to be snarky, hope didn't come across that way. Just trying to be helpful and keep facts straight. I know someone else said heard "light" and thought "white" and then other rumors in Rumorville.

Originally Posted by JnRyan View Post
I missed this the first time through. The murderer left tools at the scene!?!? Here we have - if we are assuming this was planned and Missy was targeted - a killer who dresses in a manner to avoid identification and possibly allow closer contact with Missy, who does this at a time (0418) and place (a church that is away from any residences) in inclement weather. This would appear to indicate prior planning. They select a weapon, a hammer, that requires them to be up close. Then they leave tools which may be murder weapons? They believed the tools would not be traced and didn't want Missy's blood on their clothing? (But they probably planned to dispose of the clothing later and besides blood splatter would be on the clothing.) They panicked and dropped them (first time killer)? I don't know what to make of this at the moment.

Maybe the tools we the church's tools? The church would have tools around. A great way to avoid a trace would be to use what was at the church.

JMHO, if the metal kitchen door hadn't had all those hack marks on it, I would go with got tools from church. Appears as of the April 22 Press Conf they were still having the tools analyzed. Could have been combination of tools brought and some from church. We don't know the COD/ MOD yet so we don't really know much :(

Cell phones and social media
LE finding out where each phone pinged to when called. Burner phones? LE is surely going back until 8pm the night before.
Social media pics can be posted anywhere. I could be Dallas right now post a pic of me saying I am in Alaska and still be in Dallas. I am sure they are pouring over these records. Wonder if they know that there are professionals in social media . This is an actual degree in college now. My friends daughter is working on hers now.

Maybe some of the locals can answer this question. Why has the police chief been publicly absent in this case? I mean, we've heard from Captain Spann and ASSISTANT chief Johnson, but nothing from the chief himself. Does he just not like being in front of the cameras?

The chief addressed the media during much of the initial press conference before handing it off to Captain Spann to answer questions. He did seem uncomfortable speaking in front of the cameras. Spann seemed more comfortable, but Asst. Chief Johnson is the pro and appears to be handling all of the public updates.

I realize this isn't going to be a popular theory, but, I've been trying to figure out what the item is, in the assailant's left hand, around the 1:40 mark and then I got to thinking about the puncture wounds. A gunshot wound would have been stated a gsw. But the item in the assailant's hand reminds me of a part to a gun and a the ATF dogs were called in. So, I got to wondering about an air gun. Airsoft guns can be used to kill. You can see in the picture below how the item in SP's hand is long and then curves downward. The picture of the airsoft gun is just to show one I found a bit similar but there are all kinds of them and they come in colors.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BUI-BF-EP-57-BK9.jpg
    BUI-BF-EP-57-BK9.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 436
  • vlcsnap-error299.jpg
    vlcsnap-error299.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 444
  • Airgun_Ammo1.jpg
    Airgun_Ammo1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 444
Generally in most agencies (police, fire) there is a designated spokesperson. They generally are the best speaker/front man for the organization and often have specific training on communication with the public. They maintain the contacts with local media and those relationships. In larger agencies, they will even rotate this around every couple of years. It is often unrelated to rank, but communication skill and training; (esp. in larger orgs). Ultimately though, in terms of command and control, the hierarchy remains very intact.

Yes, the tools were both carried around and left at the scene. That (and the specialty LE, ATF dog, missing Ellis County evidence guns, non-release of autopsy, etc) is why I've been wondering if those tools might not include the actual murder weapon. If they were left at the crime scene by someone who took scrupulous measures to avoid detection in this crime, it leads me to consider that Swatperp was not too concerned that they could be connected to her death or to himself.

Or SP heard the camper arrive and knew they had to split and had to leave things behind. Maybe MB put up enough of a fight that she knocked tools loose and SP didn't have time to grab them.

Many Many good ideas on these threads, I've tried to keep up with the threads but it is too much for me' eyes. So this morning I will state me' opinions just FWIW.

SP obviously went to a lot of effort and preplanning - just the tactical gear alone shows that.
SP most likely knew MB, and planned to outwit her as well as cameras and LE
Full costume to disguise all they thought was relevant, oops they forgot to disguise their MANNERISMS.
What else? voice synthesizer to disguise their voice maybe?!?... MB would have been super-alert and asked for ID/Badge etc when confronted with a dressed-up being such as this
SP is IMO a very VERY immature individual, maybe not in age, but in mentality.
Dressed like a black storm trooper from Star Wars? give me a break!
SP is IMO very lacking in imagination, their aim seems to be to COPY something, to ACT OUT what is in their mind
LOL I think that's why we see a lot of gimpy activity, perp is surprised with itself how reality differs from their copy-minded recreations of movies they have seen in the past.

Addicted to attention, so severely addicted they are willing to go to the most evil act they have thus far imagined - BUT! only because they have "seen it in the movies". Ha, I think perp shocked itself with a dose of reality when they murdered Missy. Maybe they thought it was a no big deal at the time, but quickly realized they took a life, a very valuable life, destroyed a very valuable person in this world and there is no turning back now.....

Just my opinion////

Or SP heard the camper arrive and knew they had to split and had to leave things behind. Maybe MB put up enough of a fight that she knocked tools loose and SP didn't have time to grab them.

SP probably didn't care about tools as long as s/he was wearing gloves (heck, I would have had two sets on). No fingerprints. I wouldn't want to have to worry about carrying bloody tools (at least anymore than absolute necessity due to possible Identification factor) with me to dispose of. I mean, I already have enough to dispose of with the bloody SwatPerp outfit/boots/shoe covers/helmet which have DNA AND Missy's blood and possibly SwatPerp's blood if s/he got cut/injured in the assault.

I have wondered something lately (and please pardon me if this has already been discussed). If RB's alibi was truly verified, I wonder if someone was trying to throw blame toward him (the gait is definitely similar!). If so, that leads to the question of who would want Missy dead and RB to take the blame. Just a thought--I'm hoping for more information (or better yet, an arrest) soon!

Maybe the tools we the church's tools? The church would have tools around. A great way to avoid a trace would be to use what was at the church.

Perp brought the tools. The tools were used to open the exterior doors of the church.

"Johnson refused to comment on Bevers' cause of death, revealed in a search warrant publicly released Thursday to be a blow to the head, but did acknowledge that several tools — used to get into the church and in the vandalism — were found at the church."

FRIDAY, APRIL 22, 2016
http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/m...illing-8239767

I have wondered something lately (and please pardon me if this has already been discussed). If RB's alibi was truly verified, I wonder if someone was trying to throw blame toward him (the gait is definitely similar!). If so, that leads to the question of who would want Missy dead and RB to take the blame. Just a thought--I'm hoping for more information (or better yet, an arrest) soon!

I've wondered the same thing. Thanks for posting.

page 6/8 iPhone iPad SW

At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking toward the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west corner of the interior of the building.
]

I know you were not directing your question/post to me... but JMHO I thinking these sequences are all over the place, not in time stamp order. The one where Suspect opens one door and then tries to pry other door open that is 358am, (jmho that one is a storage closet as it doesn't have a little window as other rooms do, Kitchen doesn't either) we don't know how much damage Suspect did or how long was in rooms when camera was off. But again, I doubt that the Suspect broke any more door glass after the murder. JMHO Suspect left as Captain Spann stated. We dont know how fast or what the movement was like or if Suspect still was covered head to toe... MPD does

RSBM

How does LE know the murderer's movements or what they were wearing after the murder? According to the iPhone/iPad search warrant, "neither the suspect nor victim were seen again on video".

What am I missing here?

I still think the person was robbing the church and Missy got in the way. LE can say it was a targeted killing but I think they are guessing, they don't know or they would have arrested someone by now IMO.

SP probably didn't care about tools as long as s/he was wearing gloves (heck, I would have had two sets on). No fingerprints. I wouldn't want to have to worry about carrying bloody tools (at least anymore than absolute necessity due to possible Identification factor) with me to dispose of. I mean, I already have enough to dispose of with the bloody SwatPerp outfit/boots/shoe covers/helmet which have DNA AND Missy's blood and possibly SwatPerp's blood if s/he got cut/injured in the assault.

This is just me, but, I'm one of "those" type people. I'd have not wanted to have left a single tool or thread behind. Tools can possibly be traced, a trace of dna could have gotten on them, an over-site leaving 1/2 of a fingerprint before I gloved up. I'd never have just left them behind on purpose, unless it was just a have to case, and I'd be sweating bullets if I had to leave anything at that murder site.

I keep watching the video wondering if anyone believes or suspect they may know who SP is and have turned in a tip beyond RB and CT. I'm thinking I would have to have more than one point of reference to say yeah I know who that is. It would have to be a combination of things like the gait and them leaving early that morning, or the purchase of the outfit and the eyes.

I'm curious to know if WSers think they would recognize SP if they were a family member or friend and what would it take for them to say yeah that's them. Can we please leave CT and RB out of this discussion?

Slight o/t
I have a friend who is LE. At one time she worked in a undercover drugs intervention unit. Twice I've seen news reports where busts were made and while the reporters spoke to a LE spokesman the undercover LE were in the background taking out evidence, milling about, etc. The undercover LE were dressed in all black, bullet proof vests underneath their clothing , black hoods covering their faces, police vests and gun holsters. Both times in the course of a 1-2 minute segment I could pick out which undercover LE was my friend.

When I think about why, I could recognize her a couple of things come up for me.
1. I knew she was part of the taskforce
2. I expected her to be there
3. I've seen her dressed in her regular full uniform many times before so I knew how everything fit her and I knew how she moved with her bullet proof vest and her gun holster
4. Undercover outfit wasn't a leap for me to imagine how she would look in it.
5. I recognized her posture and gait first.

Without these combination of things I don't think I could have recognized her.

And now I'm curious about why you would be curious about that. Lawsuit? Insurance money? The Altima has a banged up fender?
I'm curious about any previous auto accidents because it could provide a motive. If someone was killed in an accident, a grieving family member could blame the Bevers for what happened. Killing Missy could be seen as an eye for an eye.

I don't think the motive for killing Missy had anything to do with extramarital affairs, as some believe. I'm still trying to run through alternate motives.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I keep watching the video wondering if anyone believes or suspect they may know who SP is and have turned in a tip beyond RB and CT. I'm thinking I would have to have more than one point of reference to say yeah I know who that is. It would have to be a combination of things like the gait and them leaving early that morning, or the purchase of the outfit and the eyes.

I'm curious to know if WSers think they would recognize SP if they were a family member or friend and what would it take for them to say yeah that's them. Can we please leave CT and RB out of this discussion?

Slight o/t
I have a friend who is LE. At one time she worked in a undercover drugs intervention unit. Twice I've seen news reports where busts were made and while the reporters spoke to a LE spokesman the undercover LE were in the background taking out evidence, milling about, etc. The undercover LE were dressed in all black, bullet proof vests underneath their clothing , black hoods covering their faces, police vests and gun holsters. Both times in the course of a 1-2 minute segment I could pick out which undercover LE was my friend.

When I think about why, I could recognize her a couple of things come up for me.
1. I knew she was part of the taskforce
2. I expected her to be there
3. I've seen her dressed in her regular full uniform many times before so I knew how everything fit her and I knew how she moved with her bullet proof vest and her gun holster
4. Undercover outfit wasn't a leap for me to imagine how she would look in it.
5. I recognized her posture and gait first.

Without these combination of things I don't think I could have recognized her.

Yes, unless this person lives in a cave, somebody knows him or her!

OTOH, sometimes people are hesitant to report a hunch. When the Unabomber was active I knew a sort of anarchist-type guy who fit a lot of the profile (he was not violent, just vocal). I seriously considered calling it in as a tip, but gee, I'm glad I didn't get him in trouble unjustly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState