TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I re-watched it again after I posted, and I agree. I wouldn't expect the same wandering and half hearted breakage after they attacked. From what LE said in response to the question of having footage of perp fleeing, is that the hallway you think they are saying they have footage of him leaving through? In that direction - heading towards the camera?

Then if that's the assailant coming down the hall w/the light on, before going into the church area, are you saying we aren't seeing it in sequence when he/she comes out of the final door at the end of CCV-Update video? B/c SP breaks glass at the very end of the video.

Good Evening One and All,

Hope all is well with everyone.

Please do not make your posts personal. News is slow. When news is slow some posters tend to turn on each other like hungry lions in the Serengeti.
images

It can get ugly. It causes me to have to schedule more therapy sessions. I can't afford therapy at the moment.

Please, be nice and discuss the facts.

Thanks,
Tricia

Yeah, I re-watched it again after I posted, and I agree. I wouldn't expect the same wandering and half hearted breakage after they attacked. From what LE said in response to the question of having footage of perp fleeing, is that the hallway you think they are saying they have footage of him leaving through? In that direction - heading towards the camera?

Either facing or back from camera. I know that sounds like a DUH comment but I am thinking out loud. MPD knows where the Suspect was when MB was "walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her." "Terri Bevers walking toward the suspects location"

This makes me wonder if they were in a room since he is choosing his words carefully throughout the Press Conf...or he could just be saying this because Suspect did go into rooms. "Captain John Spann:I believe he left shortly after that. Again, going back, piecing together the videos, because you're getting different angles,depending on what cameras, but I don't believe ––he left pretty much right after that occurred. I don't believe he went into other ––we don't have any indication that he went anywhere else, into any other rooms,within the building after the assault took place

Honestly, I have wondered if the first part of the video where Suspect comes out of room and touches wall if maybe that was afterward but just not sure anymore. JMHO

Then if that's the assailant coming down the hall w/the light on, before going into the church area, are you saying we aren't seeing it in sequence when he/she comes out of the final door at the end of CCV-Update video? B/c SP breaks glass at the very end of the video.

I know you were not directing your question/post to me... but JMHO I thinking these sequences are all over the place, not in time stamp order. The one where Suspect opens one door and then tries to pry other door open that is 358am, (jmho that one is a storage closet as it doesn't have a little window as other rooms do, Kitchen doesn't either) we don't know how much damage Suspect did or how long was in rooms when camera was off. But again, I doubt that the Suspect broke any more door glass after the murder. JMHO Suspect left as Captain Spann stated. We dont know how fast or what the movement was like or if Suspect still was covered head to toe... MPD does

Interesting.... these 2 SW were written by different Investigators (also diff from other SW) These are only 2 that mention any trauma description...1st was before Autopsy. 2nd was after... And by 22nd Assistant Chief Johnson states not talking about COD or the tools (SW was not filed public until May 3 & May 4 MPD issued statement not speaking of COD or Mechanism of Injury)

April 18th, Ford F150 SW.. to retrieve items from truck..
Officers on scene viewed the surveillance video and observed a male subject in a police jacket and a helmet walking through the building carrying tools and was shown to be burglarizing this location. It is believed this unknown male used an unknown instrument to cause the death of Terri Bevers at this location.

April 19th Phone & iPad issued 5:56pm, executed April 20, filed May 3

Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building

April 22 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12581680#post12581680

Female Reporter:The suspect in that video is carrying something [unintelligible 00:03:25]. Do you know what that is?

Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson:That's correct, and I think we've previously indicated that there were some various tools found around the crime scene that we're analyzing.

Female Reporter: Do you believe it was the murder weapon?

Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson:I'm not going to speculate just yet. We don't know, so, you know, I'm not going to release that information as to the specifics of how Ms. Bevers died.

I know you were not directing your question/post to me... but JMHO I thinking these sequences are all over the place, not in time stamp order. The one where Suspect opens one door and then tries to pry other door open that is 358am, (jmho that one is a storage closet as it doesn't have a little window as other rooms do, Kitchen doesn't either) we don't know how much damage Suspect did or how long was in rooms when camera was off. But again, I doubt that the Suspect broke any more door glass after the murder. JMHO Suspect left as Captain Spann stated. We dont know how fast or what the movement was like or if Suspect still was covered head to toe... MPD does

Okay, thank you, I was wondering about that. It had seemed to me that once he/she went into what I thought was the main church area out of the hall w/the double door, that he/she exited out into the hall, where he/she broke another window/door, from the main church area. But, the way some of the video was clipped, I didn't think we had it all and was skeptical on what order it was in.

"According to one of the warrants, messages recovered from the phones owned by Brandon and Missy Bevers "indicate and confirm statement and tips provided to officers of an ongoing financial and marital struggle as well as intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage with identified 'Target Numbers.'"

Friday, May 6, 2016
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/La...l-Struggles-and-Creepy-Message-378304041.html

I've been curious about the ongoing financial struggles info. The info that LE says came to them in tips and statements. LE puts it right there in the same sentence about the relationships external to the marriage. I agreed that infidelity could certainly cause a motive to murder. But I'd never really given much thought to the ongoing financial struggles. Because who kills someone that owes them money? You'll never get your money back if they are dead.

Don't mean to get into BB's business in any way. "TOS" But how could financial woes be a motive to cause Missy's death? :thinking:

JMO In reading and re-reading the target number warrants, I finally paid attention to all of what was said. Particularly noting the special training and expertise of the affiants. Yes, they are adept in investigating all criminal activity, but they are trained to investigate and analyse digital footprints of criminal financial activity, especially. JMO

I only get an APB sense from their requests. Does anyone know the person in our videos and does anyone know the owner of this Nissan. Asking the general public as in the more eyes the better. shrugs

Exactly. I so hope that they will have DNA. But, was any skin exposed at all of perp? Seems like perp covered all the bases. If they finally get a DNA result, at least they will know the gender. But if the DNA is not in CODIS, they need SOMEONE to at least say who they think swatperp is, from studying the video. They have to have someone to compare with. JMO

"According to one of the warrants, messages recovered from the phones owned by Brandon and Missy Bevers "indicate and confirm statement and tips provided to officers of an ongoing financial and marital struggle as well as intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage with identified 'Target Numbers.'"

Friday, May 6, 2016
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/La...l-Struggles-and-Creepy-Message-378304041.html

I've been curious about the ongoing financial struggles info. The info that LE says came to them in tips and statements. LE puts it right there in the same sentence about the relationships external to the marriage. I agreed that infidelity could certainly cause a motive to murder. But I'd never really given much thought to the ongoing financial struggles. Because who kills someone that owes them money? You'll never get your money back if they are dead.

Don't mean to get into BB's business in any way. "TOS" But how could financial woes be a motive to cause Missy's death? :thinking:

Financial woes COULD be a reason for Missy to enter into some kind of risky financial transaction with someone. The target number extractions were for between March 1 and April 24.IMO I don't think that those extractions were primarily to uncover infidelity, which is not illegal, but more, to see what sort of activity was taking place that could be gleaned from analyzing communications between Missy and the (or some) target numbers. SIMPLY MY HUMBLE OPINION....................(or, that she somehow was privy to such activity)

Financial woes COULD be a reason for Missy to enter into some kind of risky financial transaction with someone. The target number extractions were for between March 1 and April 24.IMO I don't think that those extractions were primarily to uncover infidelity, which is not illegal, but more, to see what sort of activity was taking place that could be gleaned from analyzing communications between Missy and the (or some) target numbers. SIMPLY MY HUMBLE OPINION....................(or, that she somehow was privy to such activity)

Is there any chance one of them had a gambling problem?

Maybe some of the locals can answer this question. Why has the police chief been publicly absent in this case? I mean, we've heard from Captain Spann and ASSISTANT chief Johnson, but nothing from the chief himself. Does he just not like being in front of the cameras?

April 22 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12581680#post12581680

Female Reporter:The suspect in that video is carrying something [unintelligible 00:03:25]. Do you know what that is?

Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson:That's correct, and I think we've previously indicated that there were some various tools found around the crime scene that we're analyzing.

Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson:I'm not going to speculate just yet. We don't know, so, you know, I'm not going to release that information as to the specifics of how Ms. Bevers died.

I missed this the first time through. The murderer left tools at the scene!?!? Here we have - if we are assuming this was planned and Missy was targeted - a killer who dresses in a manner to avoid identification and possibly allow closer contact with Missy, who does this at a time (0418) and place (a church that is away from any residences) in inclement weather. This would appear to indicate prior planning. They select a weapon, a hammer, that requires them to be up close. Then they leave tools which may be murder weapons? They believed the tools would not be traced and didn't want Missy's blood on their clothing? (But they probably planned to dispose of the clothing later and besides blood splatter would be on the clothing.) They panicked and dropped them (first time killer)? I don't know what to make of this at the moment.

This may be a question for the locals... But everyone feel free to chime in..

Does anyone know if the B family had/has any police protection at any point? It seems to me that LE would feel they are in danger since one of the family members in the home was targeted.

If they had zero police protection at home and other places they frequently visit, that is odd to me.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:goodpost:

1. There are 4 LE types involved in this case. MPD, Texas Rangers, the FBI and the ATF. Why the FBI & the ATF?

2. The ATF usually only gets involved when there are suspected illegal firearm sales or similar. - Were the killer/s involved in sales of illegal firearms?

3. This year 2 deputies have been arrested for stealing firearms from evidence and selling them to various stores in
Ellis County. Midlothian is in this county. The 1st deputy was arrested April 15th. The 2nd deputy was arrested after MB's murder.

4. The church where MB was killed is close to the SWFA (the firearms store).

5. Was the church used as a storage space for illegal firearms eg under floorboards? .... just speculating here.

Were those noisy classes a perfect cover for carting boxes of illegal firearms into the church?

Whose business regularly involved going into churches/would have a spare key?

-----------------//
Great post! It's possible this is tangled up in Ellis County illegal gun sales...

-Did MB walk in on illegal activity?

-Did MB know something and was silenced?

-What if the "light" colored Nissan Altima Car seen at the gun store belongs to a shady fireman or cop? (edited correct color of car)

-Was the church being staged to look like a robbery, because the gun store was going to be "robbed" next - as they had sold illegal guns there and needed to retrieve them!

-Was BB family member(s) involved in shady business and MB or dog a warning? MB needed to be gone, as possible divorce could leak everything.

I have wondered also if this were a situation that went way wrong. Has LE stated there was no sexual assault? Even if an attempted sexual assault not carried out isn't info they would likely divulge. Or perhaps the plan was to threaten and intimidate her but it went wrong in a struggle. I see the posts about other women who were killed with a hammer but it still seems a stretch to think that was the original plan. Not trying to lessen the actions of the SP, just a theory, trying to make sense of it.

I don't think there was enough time for sexual assault of any kind. Plus SP is going to have to go thru how many layers of clothes to get "it" out to get busy. Just don't see how s/he could have done it in this small time frame with camper 1 showing up in parking lot at 4:35 meaning s/he had to either be gone or getting gone stealth like into the early dark morning. Now if no one showed up until 4:55/5:00, then it could possible. Still not sure about camper 1 but am I correct in saying that a fellow WS'er has a mother or relative who works with camper 1? So that brings credence otherwise my hinky detector would be going off. JMOO

-----------------//
Great post! It's possible this is tangled up in Ellis County illegal gun sales...

-What if the white car seen at the gun store belongs to a shady fireman or cop?

-Was the church being staged to look like a robbery, because the gun store was going to be "robbed" next - as they had sold illegal guns there and needed to retrieve them!

-Was family involved in shady business and MB or dog a warning? Or needed to be gone, as possible divorce could leak everything.

Respectfully BBM, the car from the SWFA Outdoor Store was not white in color

From transcription of the May 20 Press Conf provided by Galadriel http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12581000#post12581000

Snip:That being said, part of our initial investigation involved canvassing residential and commercial camera systems for any activity in the vicinity of the murder prior to. Several leads were generated through this effort. All but one of those leads have been exhausted. The last remaining lead involves a car that pulls into the SWFA sporting goods parking lot[unintelligible 00:03:45]approximately 2:00 A.M. They're seen pulling into the parking lot and leaving just a few minutes later. We believe that car is a 2010 to 2012 Nissan Altima. It's light in color, possibly silver. It's hard to tell. As you remember, it was raining that morning. Let me emphasize, though, we don't have any reason whatsoever to believe that this car or its driver are in any way involved in the murder of Missy Bevers.

Thanks Arkansasmimi - I edited the color and make of car! Light colored Nissan Altima.

I think this car was very much involved with MB crime, and I wonder if plates belong to an involved fireman or cop?

JMO

-----------------//

-What if the "light" colored Nissan Car seen at the gun store belongs to a shady fireman or cop? (edited correct color of car)

-Was BB family member(s) involved in shady business and MB or dog a warning? MB needed to be gone, as possible divorce could leak everything.

-Could it have been a meeting place for those involved in the illegal activities? Would make sense regarding the getaway? Another person showed up who had no knowledge or what perp did inside church~~but now knows and is afraid to come forward? Could it be that perp had no knowledge of MB or CG prior and though she was undercover LE?

I missed this the first time through. The murderer left tools at the scene!?!? Here we have - if we are assuming this was planned and Missy was targeted - a killer who dresses in a manner to avoid identification and possibly allow closer contact with Missy, who does this at a time (0418) and place (a church that is away from any residences) in inclement weather. This would appear to indicate prior planning. They select a weapon, a hammer, that requires them to be up close. Then they leave tools which may be murder weapons? They believed the tools would not be traced and didn't want Missy's blood on their clothing? (But they probably planned to dispose of the clothing later and besides blood splatter would be on the clothing.) They panicked and dropped them (first time killer)? I don't know what to make of this at the moment.

Maybe the tools we the church's tools? The church would have tools around. A great way to avoid a trace would be to use what was at the church.

Interesting.... these 2 SW were written by different Investigators (also diff from other SW) These are only 2 that mention any trauma description...1st was before Autopsy. 2nd was after... And by 22nd Assistant Chief Johnson states not talking about COD or the tools (SW was not filed public until May 3 & May 4 MPD issued statement not speaking of COD or Mechanism of Injury)

April 18th, Ford F150 SW.. to retrieve items from truck..
Officers on scene viewed the surveillance video and observed a male subject in a police jacket and a helmet walking through the building carrying tools and was shown to be burglarizing this location. It is believed this unknown male used an unknown instrument to cause the death of Terri Bevers at this location.

April 19th Phone & iPad issued 5:56pm, executed April 20, filed May 3

Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building

Yes, the tools were both carried around and left at the scene. That (and the specialty LE, ATF dog, missing Ellis County evidence guns, non-release of autopsy, etc) is why I've been wondering if those tools might not include the actual murder weapon. If they were left at the crime scene by someone who took scrupulous measures to avoid detection in this crime, it leads me to consider that Swatperp was not too concerned that they could be connected to her death or to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member