TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a question for the locals... But everyone feel free to chime in...

Does anyone know if the B family had/has any police protection at any point? It seems to me that LE would feel they are in danger since one of the family members in the home was targeted.

If they had zero police protection at home and other places they frequently visit, that is odd to me.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my own lil opinion, video has nothing important to say except that the suspected perp wears cop clothes.
Think people think....think motive for Missy's death-nothing more.

As far as a young person doing it? This would be a must-have attitude:

(EP)
https://youtu.be/_P0qO5Swdvk

I took a screenshot of the SP...this is what I got. It looks kind of like the older baseball helmets. My son wore one while playing ball. There looks to be a part of it that comes over the ears
and is molded to come out a little more... Hope this makes sense. Also you can tell that the SP is wearing shorts, with perhaps tights or spandex.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Wow, so it can be someone who plays softball or whose son plays baseball. That fits someone on SW! Also it looks like right shoe bends up at toe, fake sizing? And here we can see the lines in the vest clearly. Great post. Thanks.

Reviewing the Press Conf and then went to get a SS of where I think the area has to be, I am reminded again of how the Video's are edited in what we see.

From the 7 Sec video, first released April 18. Notice you see more... all the way across to the NW Side Main hallway entrance from the SW Side Main hallway. View attachment 96127

From 2 min27sec video Same frame (or close as I think I could get) but now notice that you can no longer see the NW Side Main hallway entrance ... View attachment 96128

It looks like that is due to the time stamp being cropped out.

On May 20 the Midlothian Police Department Facebook site said that the "Nissan Altima is NOT a suspect vehicle. Only seen at nearby business before murder."

If it was a weekend night I'd buy that is was just some joyriders eating burgers, smoking pot or making out but this was early morning morning. I think car may have been involved. However, I still also wonder if SP was on a motorcycle.

LE have 30 minutes of video & released just 2 minutes....

<modsnip> were 2 people dressed up as cops - 1 female and another male. To confuse the video audience even more?

Worth thinking about. I'm not convinced but it is possible.

The other day I watched the video from the church in Internet Explorer. There you can change the speed of the video. When putting it in the slowest setting, there's something in that right pocket. It can be seen early in the released video as well as the end clip that people had commented about. I don't know what it is. But it's either light colored or reflective.

I don't know what she was killed with. Assuming she was killed with a hammer (and I think that is the working assumption at this point), the murder weapon suggests to me that the killer was there for some other reason than to kill her, that she surprised him and there was some sort of altercation. I have a hard time believing that someone would plan on murdering Missy at the church armed only with a hammer. It would be somewhat plausible if Missy were an average 45 year-old woman, but Missy looks very, very fit to me. A murder would have to think they would have one good shot after which there was a good chance Missy might be able to escape.

I have wondered also if this were a situation that went way wrong. Has LE stated there was no sexual assault? Even if an attempted sexual assault not carried out isn't info they would likely divulge. Or perhaps the plan was to threaten and intimidate her but it went wrong in a struggle. I see the posts about other women who were killed with a hammer but it still seems a stretch to think that was the original plan. Not trying to lessen the actions of the SP, just a theory, trying to make sense of it.

Wow, so it can be someone who plays softball or whose son plays baseball. That fits someone on SW! Also it looks like right shoe bends up at toe, fake sizing? And here we can see the lines in the vest clearly. Great post. Thanks.
I saw that shoe too. Maybe the weird slide walk is partially due to trying to keep the shoes on??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

IF MB was walking down the Main hallway, JMHO, the same camera that caught the Suspect also is the one that caught MB. JMHO it appears the Cameras are at the doors and possibly at ea end of hallways. I just don't see them having a camera pointing toward the doors leading out to where MB truck was parked in addition to the one that captures the Dutch door hallway and the one over the doors that caught the Suspect coming from the NW side of building towards the covered awning doors.

:thinking: was in field of view, the camera just didn't pick up her motion and cut off? So there wasn't another camera in the area she was to pick up the motion. But where the Suspect Location there was ...

JMHO Wherever MB was located is between Door that Suspect opened and the area by Come As You Are area...Again there is a small hallway just prior to the Door the Suspect opened. We don't know if the Suspect came back and closed that door (doubtful but we don't know) anywhere in that area is my guess where MB was located. Possibly in that room or hall. There is also a glass top table between little hallway and the Door Suspect opened. MPD 227 Video MB.JPG

4/18 Press Conf http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838
Captain John Spann:The video that we're going to release to you is of the suspect. There's no video of the assault that took place. There is video of Mrs. Bevers when she first enters the church, but I don't believe that's part of the video that's being released for right now &#8211;&#8211;

Female Reporter: Okay.
Captain John Spann:&#8211;&#8211;in respect to the family.

Female Reporter:But do you know if it was &#8211;&#8211;if it happened very quickly, if she arrived and...?

Captain John Spann: Pretty quick after she got there. Again, the timeline from the boot camp members that were arriving there &#8211;&#8211;again, we know the time that she entered the church, which I believe is going to be around 4:18 [A.M.], again, approximate time. We see her in the video. She's walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her, but when she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion, and the camera turns off, so we don't have anything. Like I said, we have no video of the assault actually taking place

Male Reporter:Did the suspect stay around after the assault happened?

Captain John Spann:I believe he left shortly after that. Again, going back, piecing together the videos, because you're getting different angles,depending on what cameras, but I don't believe &#8211;&#8211;he left pretty much right after that occurred. I don't believe he went into other &#8211;&#8211;we don't have any indication that he went anywhere else, into any other rooms,within the building after the assault took place. ***???

Female Reporter: And is he seen fleeing? Is he seen after the assault?

Captain John Spann: Again, we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the way he came in, which was through a metal door that had a glass window that was broken out. And, again, this is all speculation on our part that he broke the window and reached inside to open the door, but we also have a second and third windows [sic] that were broken, but we don't have any evidence that anybody ever went through them. They were just broken.

page 6/8 iPhone iPad SW

At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking toward the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west corner of the interior of the building.

4/22 Press Conf http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12581680#post12581680

Female Reporter: Because it looks like the person was in there about a half an hour. Do you know what they were doing during that time? *** meaning Suspect***

Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson: We do, and the videos that we've released and the additional video reflect most of the behavior that we know about that took place inside the church.

Female Reporter:Can you explain why some of the cameras were not working?

Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson: We have some technological issues there at the church that caused some of the videos to activate and some that didn&#8217;t.

Female Reporter:So you don't think the suspect sabotaged any of those cameras?

Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson:We haven't confirmed whether that took place or not yet, but don't believe that

5/20 Press Conf: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12581000#post12581000

Chief Kevin Johnson: Absolutely, yes. And to clarify that, so&#8211;&#8211;the exterior cameras worked on an intermittent basis, so they were experiencing just some malfunctions. We have video, you know, during previous times of exterior footage, but on the day of the murder we don't have exterior footage from the cameras outside. And again, the cameras inside &#8211;&#8211;you know, they have their field of view and then they have a motion sensor field, if you will, and those don't always coincide. So, as you see in some of the videos, you know, you see a &#8211;&#8211;the suspect walk away from a camera and then it deactivates.

Snipped

JMHO Wherever MB was located is between Door that Suspect opened and the area by Come As You Are area...Again there is a small hallway just prior to the Door the Suspect opened. We don't know if the Suspect came back and closed that door (doubtful but we don't know) anywhere in that area is my guess where MB was located. Possibly in that room or hall. There is also a glass top table between little hallway and the Door Suspect opened.

4/18 Press Conf http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838
Captain John Spann:The video that we're going to release to you is of the suspect. There's no video of the assault that took place. There is video of Mrs. Bevers when she first enters the church, but I don't believe that's part of the video that's being released for right now &#8211;&#8211;

Female Reporter: Okay.
Captain John Spann:&#8211;&#8211;in respect to the family.

Female Reporter:But do you know if it was &#8211;&#8211;if it happened very quickly, if she arrived and...?

Captain John Spann: Pretty quick after she got there. Again, the timeline from the boot camp members that were arriving there &#8211;&#8211;again, we know the time that she entered the church, which I believe is going to be around 4:18 [A.M.], again, approximate time. We see her in the video. She's walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her, but when she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion, and the camera turns off, so we don't have anything. Like I said, we have no video of the assault actually taking place

Male Reporter:Did the suspect stay around after the assault happened?

Captain John Spann:I believe he left shortly after that. Again, going back, piecing together the videos, because you're getting different angles,depending on what cameras, but I don't believe &#8211;&#8211;he left pretty much right after that occurred. I don't believe he went into other &#8211;&#8211;we don't have any indication that he went anywhere else, into any other rooms,within the building after the assault took place. ***???

Captain John Spann: Again, we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the way he came in, which was through a metal door that had a glass window that was broken out. And, again, this is all speculation on our part that he broke the window and reached inside to open the door, but we also have a second and third windows [sic] that were broken, but we don't have any evidence that anybody ever went through them. They were just broken.

Snipped

Thanks for pasting this all Arkansasmimi. Reading this portion:

"Male Reporter:Did the suspect stay around after the assault happened?

Captain John Spann: Again, we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the way he came in, which was through a metal door that had a glass window that was broken out. And, again, this is all speculation on our part that he broke the window and reached inside to open the door, but we also have a second and third windows [sic] that were broken, but we don't have any evidence that anybody ever went through them. They were just broken."

Do you think there is a chance the video splice at 1:41 switches to the view of SP leaving after he killed her??

JMO - but I think the headlamp gave the SP just enough time to strike. She may be strong but still was surprised by this person. I have no doubt this was a murder for hire, crime of passion and not a burglary. There was nothing stolen and if the SP knew she was deceased they would have carried on with the burglary. Not knowing a class was about to start.
Respectfully BBM :thinking: I was reading and I may be wrong, but I think the cameras have to have some light to video, so that's another reason for hallway lights to have some on... but the rooms are dark, so the headlight would help the Suspect looking into those rooms without turning on the room light which could be seen possible outside as well as inside. I thinking Suspect was in maybe that room of door he opened and the door being open turned off the motion detector. Further up the hall would have kick on another camera JMHO.

I was wondering if Missy had a life insurance policy from her employment. One that may pay out more if she were to die while on the job site. Which we know she did and was surprisingly alone at the time!

While googling if this was possible I ran across this article. I had no idea one's employer could make themselves the beneficiary of their employee's insurance payout. I have no idea if Missy even had life insurance and it's far fetched to think this happened in Missy's case, but I thought I'd toss it into the mix just because I'm interested in the financial aspect as a motive.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/06/22/an-employee-dies-and-the-company-collects-the-insurance/

An Employee Dies, and the Company Collects the Insurance

Because so-called company-owned life insurance offers employers generous tax breaks, the market is enormous; hundreds of corporations have taken out policies on thousands of employees. Banks are especially fond of the practice. JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo hold billions of dollars of life insurance on their books, and count it as a measure of their ability to withstand financial shocks.

I wonder if they are considered contract labor?

It looks like that is due to the time stamp being cropped out.

:cheers:
Exactly, so all the other splices are zoomed a little (distorted) because they also took the time stamps out of those too.

I was thinking about the assailants walk and all of the really cool gear that they happened to have. There is a high incidence of injury to foot, leg, back injury in tactical type fields.

The lower limbs in particular have been found to be the leading site of injury to military and police populations not on combat operations (Havenetidis, et al., 2011; Jones et al., 1993; Kaufman, et al., 2000; Knapik, et al., 2011; Knapik et al., 2001; O'Connor, 2000; Orr & Stierli, 2013). In some instances injuries to the lower limbs has been associated with attributing to over 80% of reported injuries in a tactical population (Knapik, et al., 2001). - See more at: http://www.ptonthenet.com/articles/...-and-Their-Recovery-3890#sthash.qpb2jidf.dpuf
http://www.ptonthenet.com/articles/Injuries-Typical-of-Tactical-Populations-and-Their-Recovery-3890

A proper fitting tactical boot needs to provide support, flexibility, and durability that allow the user to train and work without the distraction of sore feet.
http://www.policemag.com/channel/swat/articles/2007/03/modern-tactical-boots.aspx

Just found it interesting there was so much injury in those fields and this person seems to have a type of injury consistent with the apparel that they are wearing that seems to belong to one of those fields .

1. There are 4 LE types involved in this case. MPD, Texas Rangers, the FBI and the ATF. Why the FBI & the ATF?

2. The ATF usually only gets involved when there are suspected illegal firearm sales or similar. - Were the killer/s involved in sales of illegal firearms?

3. This year 2 deputies have been arrested for stealing firearms from evidence and selling them to various stores in
Ellis County. Midlothian is in this county. The 1st deputy was arrested April 15th. The 2nd deputy was arrested after MB's murder.

4. The church where MB was killed is close to the SWFA (the firearms store).

5. Was the church used as a storage space for illegal firearms eg under floorboards? .... just speculating here.

Were those noisy classes a perfect cover for carting boxes of illegal firearms into the church?

Whose business regularly involved going into churches/would have a spare key?

Up to number 5, I'm totally tracking with you--these are key observations.

But I agree with the above poster(s) who are questioning, why would someone decked out in SWAT getup choose to ambush Missy with...tools? It's neither efficient or quick and doesn't really fit the macho image of someone who's gone to great lengths to assemble a SWAT outfit for his disguise. Seems this type would want to use the gun that goes with this sort of disguise as well, if he could get his hands on one. A gun 'completes' this gear. Depending on where he acquired the getup, it may have also been with the gear.

So...for number 5, instead, I'd be tempted to ask, "Was the murder weapon they're not commenting on one of those still-missing guns illegally sold by those Ellis County deputies who were arrested just before and after Missy's death? did ATF dog Titan's search (which they're also not commenting on) actually find any gun-residue or casings that indicated that MB was killed with one of those stolen weapons?"

From what I gathered, the family Heath Insurance was covered by MB. Was this via CG? I admit to knowing very little about direct marketing type businesses but would "employees" not be considered Independent Contractors vs actual W2 employees? Admittedly, I have not done any research on this issue. It is late and I should be asleep instead of posting but I would be surprised if CG provided a benefits.
Is it possible MB had LI policy independent of CG? As a woman in her 40's with no health issues, term LI would be relatively inexpensive.
Also, I wonder, since BB stated earlier health insurance was provided for the family by MB and is now cancelled (girls need therapy - paraphrased) how is BB able to adequately treat his chronic health issue? (No link but it is here somewhere).
MOO and not positive at all accurate, especially with regard to CG providing a benefit package for the trainers.
Hope this makes sense. Forgive my midnight rambling.

ETA--- I wonder if workers' compensation is applicable since she clearly was killed while in the course and scope of her employment? Those benefits would not provide health benefits to her family (albeit I am not licensed in TX) but when an employee is killed on the job, compensation is due to the surviving spouse and dependents until they reach a certain age- extended if they attend college... state law in the states I am familiar with anyway. I assume Texas has similar provisions but such compensation is most likely based on her actual earnings if applicable.
Just a little trivia for what it is worth.
Night all....
2nd edit--- meant to quote gliving's post 779, which may not even be applicable. Clearly, I need to hang it up for the night.
Sorry for getting off subject.

Thanks for pasting this all Arkansasmimi. Reading this portion:

"Male Reporter:Did the suspect stay around after the assault happened?

Captain John Spann: Again, we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the way he came in, which was through a metal door that had a glass window that was broken out. And, again, this is all speculation on our part that he broke the window and reached inside to open the door, but we also have a second and third windows [sic] that were broken, but we don't have any evidence that anybody ever went through them. They were just broken."

Do you think there is a chance the video splice at 1:41 switches to the view of SP leaving after he killed her??

at the 141 is where Suspect is busting glass on an interior door (read that what doing earlier) JMHO I dont think the Suspect hung around and busted any more glass after the Murder, JMHO We are told was seen walking down hallway and speculation at that time Suspect left same way entered (through metal kitchen door on North side of building)

ETA: dont know why that little green face showed up! now cant get rid of it. It was not on purpose lol Sorry

Excellent job!
FWIW, it looks like he has a left-sided weakness in his hip-down-to-his-foot area. He pushes off from his right side in his gait. His right side is stronger to me.

Moo

admittedly, i haven't caught up on this new thread yet, but this new animation makes me think SP is either someone older, or with an injury, or someone very small and light who is weighed down by the weight of the gear and is not used to wearing it. The gait reminds me of the way I walk in large costume boots or rain boots that are heavy. Or when I'm walking in pain.

Has it been discussed if it could be that SP not only wore the getup to help not be identified but also to protect himself or herself from harm? Kind of goes along with the above. Maybe this person knew that Missy was stronger.

Thinking more ore about the intense outfit, it does make me lean again towards her being targeted. A lot of effort and an amount of uncomfortableness went into that. A younger, less experienced perp would likely just wear all black and wear a mask. IMO this person knew exactly what he or she was doing. And because of all of the gear, could likely stash contaminated clothing quickly and efficiently.

My my opinions on this case change every day, but that's where I'm at currently.

at the 141 is where Suspect is busting glass on an interior door (read that what doing earlier) JMHO I dont think the Suspect hung around and busted any more glass after the Murder, JMHO We are told was seen walking down hallway and speculation at that time Suspect left same way entered (through metal kitchen door on North side of building)

Yeah, I re-watched it again after I posted, and I agree. I wouldn't expect the same wandering and half hearted breakage after they attacked. From what LE said in response to the question of having footage of perp fleeing, is that the hallway you think they are saying they have footage of him leaving through? In that direction - heading towards the camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste