TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some research to see how many people in the US are killed by hammers. FBI statistics say more people are killed with hammers and clubs than guns. Only death by knife out ways them both by far. This info blew my mind. Killing with a hammer would seem to be so personal.

I believe that you are confusing murdered with rifles and murdered by guns. There are articles on the web touting the fact that more people are killed with hammers (or other blunt objects) than rifles, but many more people are killed by guns (all types combined) than by blunt objects. The vast majority of gun murders involve handguns not rifles. In the US in 2013 over eight thousand people were murdered with gun while just over four hundred were murdered with a blunt object

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...able_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2009-2013.xls

There certainly are strange aspects to this case. If it is solved, I think we will be left scratching are heads as to how it happened. However, I maintain that it is very unlikely that someone would go to the church with the plan to murder Missy, a fitness instructor, with a hammer. It's possible, but I keep thinking that if someone were planning to murder Missy doing so with a hammer in a location where she would not be confined would be a very risky plan.

MzOpinion8d Said:
The film has been edited, the footage was released specifically to show the gait of the perp so they put together relevant pieces of him/her walking.

Plus, the film is motion activated so it's not real time since it's not recording if nothing is moving.

rsd1200 Said: I did know it is motion activated but it's just odd to me that this person is moving behind the door then suddenly appears in the middle of the hall. I realize it's snipped but I can't help that it annoys me and I wonder why (for sure). Just like the clip that was snipped first released for a reason, maybe this was. Probably not, but, I can't help wondering. lol

I did know it is motion activated but it's just odd to me that this person is moving behind the door then suddenly appears in the middle of the hall. I realize it's snipped but I can't help that it annoys me and I wonder why (for sure). Just like the clip that was first released for a reason, maybe this was. Probably not, but, I can't help wondering. lol

Yeah the part where SP just appears in the middle of the hall reminds me of a horror movie. Unfortunately this is real life & I guess truth is stranger than fiction sometimes. IMO

I know there was previous conversation about the video actually being 30 mins total vs SP only being there 30 mins but I would assume if they see SP at 3:50 and see MB entering around 4:18 that SP was on and off camera during that time since we know s/he was there when MB arrived. Well I guess we know, we assume that SP didn't leave before MB arrived. Right?

IMO

Yeah the part where SP just appears in the middle of the hall reminds me of a horror movie. Unfortunately this is real life & I guess truth is stranger than fiction sometimes. IMO

I know there was previous conversation about the video actually being 30 mins total vs SP only being there 30 mins but I would assume if they see SP at 3:50 and see MB entering around 4:18 that SP was on and off camera during that time since we know s/he was there when MB arrived. Well I guess we know, we assume that SP didn't leave before MB arrived. Right?

IMO

Responding to your last full sentence- I sure hope so or we have an even bigger mystery on our plates!!! Hope for some new news this week. Impressed with all the posts and thoughts, since my last check-in from yesterday. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The film has been edited, the footage was released specifically to show the gait of the perp so they put together relevant pieces of him/her walking.

Plus, the film is motion activated so it's not real time since it's not recording if nothing is moving.

MzOpinion8d Said: I did know it is motion activated but it's just odd to me that this person is moving behind the door then suddenly appears in the middle of the hall. I realize it's snipped but I can't help that it annoys me and I wonder why (for sure). Just like the clip that was first released for a reason, maybe this was. Probably not, but, I can't help wondering. lol

I don't know who said what here. Somewhere along the line someone didn't grab the whole quote.

ETA alert this post and I'll fix it. Thanks!

I don't know who said what here. Somewhere along the line someone didn't grab the whole quote.

IIRC- I believe that the poster had replied to their previous post. But the one you just fixed it was lstiff that I replied to- not sure if that matters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since he broke in through the kitchen where there are no cameras, we don't know what time he arrived. We only know what time he first appeared on camera, most likely exiting the kitchen or one of its adjoining rooms into the corridor. I know some people have posted hourly weather reports on previous threads, but I can't recall what time it started raining. Judging by the damage to the door, I'd say he spent more than a few minutes trying to break in.

About the weather, from memory of what was posted....it went from heavy rain right before 4am to simply rain during the time between 4-5am. It started to taper down even more after that.
But as I said, from memory....

Moo

Responding to your last full sentence- I sure hope so or we have an even bigger mystery on our plates!!! Hope for some new news this week. Impressed with all the posts and thoughts, since my last check-in from yesterday. ❤️

IMO

I said the below if it's of any help. :)

rsd1200: I did know it is motion activated but it's just odd to me that this person is moving behind the door then suddenly appears in the middle of the hall. I realize it's snipped but I can't help that it annoys me and I wonder why (for sure). Just like the clip that was first released for a reason, maybe this was. Probably not, but, I can't help wondering. lol

About the weather, from memory of what was posted....it went from heavy rain right before 4am to simply rain during the time between 4-5am. It started to taper down even more after that.
But as I said, from memory....

Moo

Here is the weather man..;--)

attachment.php

Attachments

• MB weather.png
    MB weather.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 350
Just a theory du jour: There are those mentally ill stalker, fixated types that can't handle rejection. They are schizotypal, delusional, infatuated lost souls that just can't get a handle on reality. Reality fades in and out.

This whole case could be all about that? Perhaps SWATperp attended some of MB's camp gladiator sessions and became fixated & obsessed? She wasn't interested, of course. And then the crazed mentality of the "if I can't have you then nobody will" kicks in. Maybe add in some drugs/alcohol/substances into the mix and you have a paranoid, delusional stalker?

If this is the case, then I would venture to say that SWATperp has a history of unstable relationships, especially with women. Hair trigger temper & obsessive/compulsive rage disorder. If my theory du jour is correct, Someone knows & I hope they come forward soon. There is history there & Swatperp likely has a criminal record. Is he hiding out now in the woods, under a bridge, mingling in with the homeless in a shelter, or in some one-room basement somewhere? Does he have that Altima hidden away?

About the threat to the local community if SWATperp is deranged: He could spiral out of control now & things could escalate. A ticking time bomb.

Moo & speculation

I believe that you are confusing murdered with rifles and murdered by guns. There are articles on the web touting the fact that more people are killed with hammers (or other blunt objects) than rifles, but many more people are killed by guns (all types combined) than by blunt objects. The vast majority of gun murders involve handguns not rifles. In the US in 2013 over eight thousand people were murdered with gun while just over four hundred were murdered with a blunt object

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...able_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2009-2013.xls

There certainly are strange aspects to this case. If it is solved, I think we will be left scratching are heads as to how it happened. However, I maintain that it is very unlikely that someone would go to the church with the plan to murder Missy, a fitness instructor, with a hammer. It's possible, but I keep thinking that if someone were planning to murder Missy doing so with a hammer in a location where she would not be confined would be a very risky plan.

So you believe that Missy was killed with a firearm and not a hammer. Or I may be misunderstanding your post. JMO

I said the below if it's of any help. :)

rsd1200: I did know it is motion activated but it's just odd to me that this person is moving behind the door then suddenly appears in the middle of the hall. I realize it's snipped but I can't help that it annoys me and I wonder why (for sure). Just like the clip that was first released for a reason, maybe this was. Probably not, but, I can't help wondering. lol

I wondered the same thing and my husband explained that the motion activated cameras at our church turn on several or all cameras when one is activated. That is a setting that can be set or not and its because there can be a few second delay when the recording begins so if a camera is activated others come on so that movement from one camera to the next is not missed. I think that must be why the camera was already on in that last hall. The thing that has always intrigued me in that final scene is that the MPD logo was removed in the last seconds so we could see the whole frame or more of the frame anyway and its zoomed. They surely zoomed in many or all scenes but actually released the zoomed version. And I don't really see anything in those final movements, hammer swings, that could have helped someone identify the SP (walk/mannerisms) which reportedly was the whole reason for the release of the video. Just seems like there was more reason for the last seconds than MPD has said.

Let's conjecture about what Law Enforcement wants/needs when they state they want the public's help.

Looking at the revised video of the Midlothian PD, and here at the very first part, where SP is tapping the wall.. I am wondering, if he/she possibly injured his/her right leg/knee/ankle/foot just prior to /or during breaking into the church? That would extend the search of the perp to include individuals, that possibly were showing signs of a fresh injury right after the attack.

I just cannot comprehend, that a person would go trough all that masquerade and then have such a pronounced gait. I understand that the video alone is not enough to establish probable cause, if they can match someone to that gait and height (..;--)..), but that would give police a good start, where to look. So again, an "unplanned" injury could explain that. Just saying.

-Nin

Let's conjecture about what Law Enforcement wants/needs when they state they want the public's help.

I would think that what they ask the public for is what they need. I don't buy into LE lying to the public to get the killer to make a mistake. JMO

I have heard LE ask for help in identifying SWATperp in the video (hence their release of such) & help in identifying the driver of the Altima (hence the release of the pics).

I believe they've recently stated that the leads have come to "dead ends" & they're "stymied". It is therefore reasonable to assume that's the precipice for our numerous posts.

That's all I've heard.

Moo

That is an interesting point. They either know exactly and need someone to roll in order to arrest, or they have no clue about

• who the person is seen in the video,
  • how tall the person really is in the video,
  • how the person got to the church,
  • how the person left the church,
  • if the vehicle seen on SWFA's cam(s) is involved or not
  • if any of the CG campers are involved or not
  • if any of the individuals on the SW are involved or not
  • if MB was threatened (aside from the 1 linkedin message)
  • any tangled web
  • possible motive
  • DNA, any other evidence
  • murder weapon/ source of

-Nin ;--)

Any eye witness accounts that morning, anyone acting strange or mean before the incident toward Missy. Seeing anything out of place with individuals suddenly checking out the church, or course, the timing of the Altima seen on film from the gun shop. Tips about anything related to MB relationships . Best case scenario- someone sees a dump at a dumpster site. There are so many clues that could possibly assist LE.

I would think that what they ask the public for is what they need. I don't buy into LE lying to the public to get the killer to make a mistake. JMO

Ranch, I agree. They are not lying, they want every shred of evidence, they can get to make it stick. Whatever "it" is..

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member