TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others, I’m drawn to the idea that the surveillance footage might be able to being enhanced so as to help identify the SP. To that end, I previously posted an enhancement based on the first video clip released by the Midlothian PD (see thread #23, post #941).

That clip had five consecutive frames where the SP looked directly at the camera. I combined and enhanced those frames to create a composite, although the result was pretty blurry, in part because the source video was at a pretty low resolution (240 horizontal lines per frame).

There are other versions of that same footage on YouTube at higher resolutions. In particular, there is Inside Edition footage at three times the above resolution (i.e., 720 horizontal lines per frame).

That said, I do not know precisely how Inside Edition created its footage. More specifically, although I know how such “upscaling” is generally done, I don’t know exactly how they did it (or whether they might have had access to some higher resolution source).

I mention all of this as an important caveat. In particular, it may be unreliable for me (or anyone) to enhance footage that has already been upscaled or otherwise enhanced by someone else, especially when it is unknown exactly how the prior enhancement was accomplished.

Nevertheless -- and with that caveat -- I wanted to share the enhancement I made from one frame of the Inside Edition footage. (The frame used is at 00:00:19:19 in the footage: i.e., 0 minutes, 19 seconds, 19th frame.) The Inside Edition footage is here:

https://youtu.be/r7iBsHEAd0Y

Finally, as before, I made a short video showing how the enhanced image (attached to this post) was created with Premiere Pro, Infognition’s Super Resolution Resize Plugin, and Photoshop:

https://youtu.be/bK6AsK_lutY

My overarching goal in creating this image was to sharply delineate the shape and spacing of the eyes and brow areas (albeit at the expense of all color and shading from the original image), in the hopes of using such facial dimensions for identification purposes---

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=96109&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1465155365

Thank you for your work. JMO but I think the SP has a fairly prominent brow ridge (more like a man than a woman). Also JMO but I keep seeing a sort of indentation right between the two eyes (where the top of the nasal bones would meet the frontal forehead bone) that goes all the way to the original photo released by MPD that shows the SP at this position in the video. Your image shows those details better. The top of the nose for some people there is a prominent nose bump right between the eyes, or medium/smooth, and others have a sort of dent (like I think SP does) with the nasal bone beginning a bit lower than the inner corners of the eyes. Either that or the helmet is squishing the forehead skin down in a peculiar way distorting the brow ridge-to-nose area.

The victim's are anyone who knew and loved her. I have yet to see anything that points a finger at anyone surrounding her, including family, friends, acquaintances work related or otherwise. Nothing. What has been contemplated here regarding family, friends, and any other known parties who were close to or happened to know or be in the same business, is nothing but wild and irresponsible speculation.

Other than Search Warrants. But we are allowed to speculate of those that have been in the Media. Thats only ones that were being spoken about and this was about something said in the Dateline Interview April 21 by KS, BB sister. JMHO
Originally Posted by tricia View Post
Dear Websleuths members,

Again we find ourselves trying to moderate based on rules set up for other cases.

Once in a while, our rules do not fit with certain cases and therefore changes need to be made.

We will try and make this as easy as possible.

If you have a question send me a private message, please. Do not post the question on the forum.

For our new members: Welcome to websleuths!

Websleuths is different than any other forum on the internet. If you are used to forums like topix then you are going to find out quickly websleuths is not topix. We don’t allow rumors. We don’t allow comments from facebook or comments from other forums. We work hard to make sure everyone stays on topic. We allow and encourage appropriate sleuthing. Most of all we want you to become involved and enjoy your experience at websleuths. You can review our rules right here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/for...?159-the-rules

*Please no personal chatter back and forth. Welcoming someone back or making jokes at other member’s expense is not going to be allowed. The case is about Missy Bevers. Please do not make the thread about you.

* YOU CAN SPECULATE ABOUT PEOPLE IN THE SEARCH WARRANTS AS LONG AS YOU USE THEIR INITIALS ONLY. This overrides an earlier decision I made. My apologies for the confusion. It is 100 percent my fault.

*if you do speculate please do not make comments on their personal appearance. That’s just rude. You can speculate on their behavior but if you want to post something unkind about their looks please don’t.

*Speculation is allowed if it involves someone who has been named in the mainstream media and you can logically put this person at the scene of the crime or can suggest they were somehow involved. Speculation has to be based on some semblance of fact. In other words, you can’t speculate that the dry cleaning people killed Missy. The police have confirmed they believe Missy was targeted. That’s a good place to start.

*Speculation does not mean you can sleuth any of these people. Their lives have been turned upside down and the last thing they want to see is something personal and embarrassing posted on websleuths for the world to see. No sleuthing aka no digging into their backgrounds and posting what you find.

* Here is a hypothetical for you: Say you were face to face with the person you are getting ready to post about. This person also knows your real name. Would you say what you are getting ready to post to this person’s face? Please think before you post.

*We have an unfair advantage. We are anonymous. Your words are very powerful and they will be on the internet forever. You will own those words when the truth is found out about Missy's murder.

To review:

*yes you can speculate as long as it is logical and done in a mature manner.

*Missy's husband's Facebook page is now private therefore it is off limits. All Facebook pages that are now private are off limits

*yes you can discuss all pictures/ videos (No Minors) as long as you can source them to a legitimate source . Do not post or discuss the twitter picture that showed the face blown up. This looks like some sort of photo-shopped picture and it can’t be sourced.

i am completely responsible for any confusion that has gone on in this thread. Sparky is doing a great job and she was doing what i taught her to do. I want to publicly thank sparky for her hard work and dedication.

Ok newbies and old time Websleuths members, go forth and discuss!

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
owner/Websleuths.com
ps. Please forgive spelling and grammatical errors. I am half asleep as i write.

Yes. We need a timeline just for the phone calls.

Here's a start:

"Stout said her mother, Missy Bevers' mother-in-law, called her at about 5:30 a.m. Monday and said she'd been told Bevers had been in a crash. While she went to be with Bevers, she asked Stout to go to her brother's home and take care of the couple's three daughters.

snip

"A short time later, Stout said she received another call.
"An officer called my brother and said that Missy had passed," Stout said."

snip

"My mom, myself, my stepdad and my aunt and uncle went over there and we woke them up out of the bed," Stout said.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sl...ster-in-Law-Speaks-to-Dateline-376629821.html

Why was the SP not soaked? From pics of the outside damage they would have been outside for a short time and weather reports say it was pouring. Not even the helmet is wet. Clothing doesn't look wet like sticking to the person. Hmmm...

There is speculation that she entered the main entrance and walked down the hallway past the bulletin board towards the doors where her truck was parked where she was likely ambushed and killed. Also, even if she did enter those doors near the truck, I don't think she would prop the door open until she finished everything she needed to do to set up indoors for her class. She was there super early. Based on what we know about her wounds and that she was punctured and/or bludgeoned by the toll(s) the perp was carrying, one would think it would be very obvious if you were able to get that close up to see her. Based on the first call, maybe they saw here lying there on the floor and the doors were locked so they called then? Just speculating.

I thought I read in one of the SWs that she entered the door under the awning. I assumed that was where she parked.
I was thinking the same as you that maybe first campers saw her if she was just inside the doors. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why was the SP not soaked? From pics of the outside damage they would have been outside for a short time and weather reports say it was pouring. Not even the helmet is wet. Clothing doesn't look wet like sticking to the person. Hmmm...

Nice segue, Frogs! Lots of theories in the past - maybe we need to revisit!!!!!

If you consider a 2nd perp, the killer was dropped off and changed at the church. Probably brought his ensemble in a big duffle and changed in the kitchen, away from cameras.

So do you know if there was an entry in the timeline reporting any member of Bevers family called LE? If not, I'll try to find it.

On bingbutt timeline(scribd) he says camper calls BB at 5:10 which, if true, means that the two 911 calls had already been made. But, where he has sources for most everything, there is no source for the camper call to BB. Must have been guesstimating..... JMO

Thank you. Gives contact to Mr. Bevers between 5:30 and 6:55.

I'm so far behind this may have been addressed already (concerning if BB was called before 911).

There were 2 calls to 911 at 5:00 according to both LE and Scribd timelines. If it was raining and camper 1 was waiting in her car, and class didn't start until 5:00, and campers obviously needed a few minutes to even find Missy, then I see no reason to assume that the campers discovered her AND one of them called BB prior to those 911 calls at 5:00 AM. The Scribd timeline has BB being contacted by a camper between 5:10 and 5:30 (no exact time for that because it hasn't been reported anywhere). That timeframe for the call to BB seems logical and reasonable, and coupled with the prompt 911 calls, I'm not sure where the speculation is coming from about a camper calling BB before calling 911.

Here's the Scribd timeline (by bingbutt) addressing that morning:

image.jpg

Here's the LE timeline:

image.jpg

JMO, IMOO, etc.

Since he broke in through the kitchen where there are no cameras, we don't know what time he arrived. We only know what time he first appeared on camera, most likely exiting the kitchen or one of its adjoining rooms into the corridor. I know some people have posted hourly weather reports on previous threads, but I can't recall what time it started raining. Judging by the damage to the door, I'd say he spent more than a few minutes trying to break in.

Since he broke in through the kitchen where there are no cameras, we don't know what time he arrived. We only know what time he first appeared on camera, most likely exiting the kitchen or one of its adjoining rooms into the corridor. I know some people have posted hourly weather reports on previous threads, but I can't recall what time it started raining. Judging by the damage to the door, I'd say he spent more than a few minutes trying to break in.

I thought we didn't know where the perp entered the building. Has it been confirmed that s/he broke into the kitchen?

Like others, I’m drawn to the idea that the surveillance footage might be able to being enhanced so as to help identify the SP. To that end, I previously posted an enhancement based on the first video clip released by the Midlothian PD (see thread #23, post #941).

That clip had five consecutive frames where the SP looked directly at the camera. I combined and enhanced those frames to create a composite, although the result was pretty blurry, in part because the source video was at a pretty low resolution (240 horizontal lines per frame).

There are other versions of that same footage on YouTube at higher resolutions. In particular, there is Inside Edition footage at three times the above resolution (i.e., 720 horizontal lines per frame).

That said, I do not know precisely how Inside Edition created its footage. More specifically, although I know how such “upscaling” is generally done, I don’t know exactly how they did it (or whether they might have had access to some higher resolution source).

I mention all of this as an important caveat. In particular, it may be unreliable for me (or anyone) to enhance footage that has already been upscaled or otherwise enhanced by someone else, especially when it is unknown exactly how the prior enhancement was accomplished.

Nevertheless -- and with that caveat -- I wanted to share the enhancement I made from one frame of the Inside Edition footage. (The frame used is at 00:00:19:19 in the footage: i.e., 0 minutes, 19 seconds, 19th frame.) The Inside Edition footage is here:

https://youtu.be/r7iBsHEAd0Y

Finally, as before, I made a short video showing how the enhanced image (attached to this post) was created with Premiere Pro, Infognition’s Super Resolution Resize Plugin, and Photoshop:

https://youtu.be/bK6AsK_lutY

My overarching goal in creating this image was to sharply delineate the shape and spacing of the eyes and brow areas (albeit at the expense of all color and shading from the original image), in the hopes of using such facial dimensions for identification purposes---

attachment.php

Thanks for that. Just one word of caution, when using the PS camera shake reduction application. One will end with artifacts due to how it works. PS Cam Shake applies to blurs created by the camera, not the object/subject in the photo. The algorithms used in the CS application traces back the anticipated camera move of the person taking the photo.

Also, in general, not aimed at your post, the "eyebrows" I see in many previous images (posters) as being the focus of interest is misleading IMHO. We just don't know - my take- and are unable to determine at this time -my take-, if the profile around the eyes are based on the balaclava the individual was wearing according to Midlothian PD or not. Anyone coming up with a clear image of the suspect, please explain your steps in details. From A to Z.

Thanks,
Nin

this would make sense Scout for dry clothing and helmet.
Big duffle bag concerns me as now it could be at the bottom of the big blue sea - someone's attic - local storage unit.

Behind the knee, doesn't this look more like a tab than a strap ? Wouldn't we expect to see 2 or 3 "straps", if this was tactical/ self defense/ motorcycle gear? It reminds me of some kind of half-chaps (horseback riding?) perhaps? Strange

Midlothian PD video marker 1:17:

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• S 6 shinguard strap marked.png
    S 6 shinguard strap marked.png
    421.8 KB · Views: 457
A pic of broken glass from the church. It's in the timeline photos at the bottom of the article. Probably from one of the doors. Not much more, except I hadn't seen it before.

attachment.php

May 3, 2016
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

Which door is this? Where victims vehicle was parked or the door victim entered? Glass broken from inside. You would think that it was done after/during the actual attack or victim would not have entered building.

Behind the knee, doesn't this look more like a tab than a strap ? Wouldn't we expect to see 2 or 3 "straps", if this was tactical/ self defense/ motorcycle gear? It reminds me of some kind of half-chaps (horseback riding?) perhaps? Strange

Midlothian PD video marker 1:17:

attachment.php

-Nin

The way the perp holds its head (forward, down, and out) makes me think of an older person with what I call the turtle stance. Might just be the angle, but I've thought this since the first time I saw the video.

Tools:

Johnson refused to comment on Bevers' cause of death, revealed in a search warrant publicly released Thursday to be a blow to the head, but did acknowledge that several tools — used to get into the church and in the vandalism — were found at the church.

FRIDAY, APRIL 22, 2016
http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/midlothian-police-release-more-video-in-church-killing-8239767

Just checking back in today~~~hoping for an arrest soon!!!

A thought occurred to me, that maybe and hopefully LE has some DNA evidence. I would imagine the perp must have touched those tools prior to putting the gloves on and thus may have left a DNA trail, no? At the very least when they purchased them, perhaps? Maybe not, but just hoping for Missy's sake. May justice come soon!!

A pic of broken glass from the church. It's in the timeline photos at the bottom of the article. Probably from one of the doors. Not much more, except I hadn't seen it before.

View attachment 96102

May 3, 2016
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

This is the exterior kitchen doorway where the killer broke in. There were a lot of pry marks on the metal door and the small window was broken out. Investigators have stated they believe the killer gained entry by breaking out that window and reaching through to open the door.

WS is a Victim Friendly site, which includes "All" Family Members. I would appreciate it, if you'd stop bashing the family in regards as to how they handled Missy's death, who told who what and when and throwing little digs at them. I can assure you, there is much more then what we've seen in the media. If you'd like to create a timeline for phone calls that's fine, however no bashing the family.

No one, including myself, knows the dynamics of this family, including Missy's family who've not spoken to the media. That's their right. They have the right to grieve in peace.

Please leave the children/minors out of your conversation.

Please thank this post.

Thank you,

Sparky

Can some organized person here please tell me what day it was when LE first announced that Swatperp was now estimated to be 5'2" - 5'7"? TIA

Can some organized person here please tell me what day it was when LE first announced that Swatperp was now estimated to be 5'2" - 5'7"? TIA

5/20/16- last press conference given by LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member