TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard LE ask for help in identifying SWATperp in the video (hence their release of such) & help in identifying the driver of the Altima (hence the release of the pics).

I believe they've recently stated that the leads have come to "dead ends" & they're "stymied". It is therefore reasonable to assume that's the precipice for our numerous posts.

That's all I've heard.

Moo

I'm not sure if our posts have reached a precipice.

LE asking for help doesn't mean that they absolutely need help to gain an arrest.

Leads that come up empty mean that they are not useful in solving this case,

I'm not sure if our posts have reached a precipice.

LE asking for help doesn't mean that they absolutely need help to gain an arrest.

Leads that come up empty mean that they are not useful in solving this case,

And "leads" that are based on rumor/SM/presumptions of guilt do nothing more than tie up LE resources and burn tax dollars from working and other tax-paying people.

I have heard LE ask for help in identifying SWATperp in the video (hence their release of such) & help in identifying the driver of the Altima (hence the release of the pics).

I believe they've recently stated that the leads have come to "dead ends" & they're "stymied". It is therefore reasonable to assume that's the precipice for our numerous posts.

That's all I've heard.

Moo

IMO I think LE is waiting for the evidence to be processed. I have no idea what that entails but I assume if RB shirt was taken to cleaners (and then picked up by LE) a day or 2 after the murder and the shirt DNA results will be back "soon" then the murder evidence must be only a day or 2 ahead of that. I don't think they are all out of ideas, leads or evidence to follow but then again I have been wrong before.

JMO

ETA by leads I don't mean new ones, I mean the many they had along the way and wherever those took them.

I would think that what they ask the public for is what they need. I don't buy into LE lying to the public to get the killer to make a mistake. JMO

That theory has never made sense to me either.

JMO

Let's conjecture about what Law Enforcement wants/needs when they state they want the public's help.

I only get an APB sense from their requests. Does anyone know the person in our videos and does anyone know the owner of this Nissan. Asking the general public as in the more eyes the better. shrugs

I would think that what they ask the public for is what they need. I don't buy into LE lying to the public to get the killer to make a mistake. JMO

Ranch, I agree. They are not lying, they want every shred of evidence, they can get to make it stick. Whatever "it" is..

-Nin

I agree. The only reason I think LE would lie is if they thought one of their own was in on it and I don't think that's the case.

I just cannot comprehend, that a person would go trough all that masquerade and then have such a pronounced gait.

So true.

My question is, are there more than 2 possible scenarios here?:
1. the killer faked the peculiar style of walking of someone living in the town whose walk has been recorded on TV to cast suspicion on that person, knowing that person has a strong alibi
2. Or the killer actually walks like that and has an alibi they think will stick

In either case we have a very arrogant killer/s, who think they're smarter than LE - IMO.

I believe that you are confusing murdered with rifles and murdered by guns. There are articles on the web touting the fact that more people are killed with hammers (or other blunt objects) than rifles, but many more people are killed by guns (all types combined) than by blunt objects. The vast majority of gun murders involve handguns not rifles. In the US in 2013 over eight thousand people were murdered with gun while just over four hundred were murdered with a blunt object

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...able_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2009-2013.xls

There certainly are strange aspects to this case. If it is solved, I think we will be left scratching are heads as to how it happened. However, I maintain that it is very unlikely that someone would go to the church with the plan to murder Missy, a fitness instructor, with a hammer. It's possible, but I keep thinking that if someone were planning to murder Missy doing so with a hammer in a location where she would not be confined would be a very risky plan.

thank you Whoanellie. I stand corrected. :)

So you believe that Missy was killed with a firearm and not a hammer. Or I may be misunderstanding your post. JMO

I don't know what she was killed with. Assuming she was killed with a hammer (and I think that is the working assumption at this point), the murder weapon suggests to me that the killer was there for some other reason than to kill her, that she surprised him and there was some sort of altercation. I have a hard time believing that someone would plan on murdering Missy at the church armed only with a hammer. It would be somewhat plausible if Missy were an average 45 year-old woman, but Missy looks very, very fit to me. A murder would have to think they would have one good shot after which there was a good chance Missy might be able to escape.

Let's conjecture about what Law Enforcement wants/needs when they state they want the public's help.

1. extra eyes & video analysis skills lol
2. to apply social pressure/stress to possible perps - for example if the public accuse certain people. imagine the intense life-altering stress of walking around town under a huge cloud of suspicion. can't be fun ;-). LE hoping the stress causes them to cave/make a mistake. ie the public plays "bad cop"
3. give the killer/s a false sense of security thinking LE can't solve it on their own /are not clever enough to do so...

keeps things hot while LE do their real digging.

"According to one of the warrants, messages recovered from the phones owned by Brandon and Missy Bevers "indicate and confirm statement and tips provided to officers of an ongoing financial and marital struggle as well as intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage with identified 'Target Numbers.'"

Friday, May 6, 2016
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/La...l-Struggles-and-Creepy-Message-378304041.html

I've been curious about the ongoing financial struggles info. The info that LE says came to them in tips and statements. LE puts it right there in the same sentence about the relationships external to the marriage. I agreed that infidelity could certainly cause a motive to murder. But I'd never really given much thought to the ongoing financial struggles. Because who kills someone that owes them money? You'll never get your money back if they are dead.

Don't mean to get into BB's business in any way. "TOS" But how could financial woes be a motive to cause Missy's death? :thinking:

Reviewing Press Conferences Thanks again to Galadriel for sharing your Talent of transcription with us!

1) who 3D is he speaking of? Twitterville? and 2) I didn't realize the only thing they could get height from the reconstruction

5/20 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12581000#post12581000
<snips>
––I'm sorry, a social media rumor ––that's circulated.I ask that you please rely only on information released through our agency and distributed through official news channels. Reliance on other sources of information such as those sites that have circulated an allegedly enhanced 3D image of the killer may ultimately be detrimental to the efficiency of this investigation.

Male Reporter:What more information did they glean from reviewing that forensic lead, specifically with that limp and walk?

Chief Kevin Johnson:Unfortunately, that's all the information that was gleaned from that. My understanding of that software and that reconstruction process is that it's helpful just to obtain measurements.

Male Reporter:No weight?

Chief Kevin Johnson:No, sir.

I don't know what she was killed with. Assuming she was killed with a hammer (and I think that is the working assumption at this point), the murder weapon suggests to me that the killer was there for some other reason than to kill her, that she surprised him and there was some sort of altercation. I have a hard time believing that someone would plan on murdering Missy at the church armed only with a hammer. It would be somewhat plausible if Missy were an average 45 year-old woman, but Missy looks very, very fit to me. A murder would have to think they would have one good shot after which there was a good chance Missy might be able to escape.

JMO - but I think the headlamp gave the SP just enough time to strike. She may be strong but still was surprised by this person. I have no doubt this was a murder for hire, crime of passion and not a burglary. There was nothing stolen and if the SP knew she was deceased they would have carried on with the burglary. Not knowing a class was about to start.

Ranch, I agree. They are not lying, they want every shred of evidence, they can get to make it stick. Whatever "it" is..

-Nin

I don't know if they have or haven't lied about anything, I suspect everything they have said so far is true, but I do know they are picking and choosing what information to release and that is for a specific reason. They haven't released the 911 calls. They haven't released the full video. They haven't released (to my knowledge) the autopsy reports. It is common practice to release specific details (or not release) to help the case. They can use information not know to the public and see if any of the POIs they interview slip up mentioning a detail not released. They are within their legal rights to lie during interviews as to what evidence they do or do not have. My guess is they released what they have so far in a genuine attempt to get tips from the public that could help, but I don't put it past them to also try to "speak" to the perp via media to turn up the heat.

1. There are 4 LE types involved in this case. MPD, Texas Rangers, the FBI and the ATF. Why the FBI & the ATF?

2. The ATF usually only gets involved when there are suspected illegal firearm sales or similar. - Were the killer/s involved in sales of illegal firearms?

3. This year 2 deputies have been arrested for stealing firearms from evidence and selling them to various stores in
Ellis County. Midlothian is in this county. The 1st deputy was arrested April 15th. The 2nd deputy was arrested after MB's murder.

4. The church where MB was killed is close to the SWFA (the firearms store).

5. Was the church used as a storage space for illegal firearms eg under floorboards? .... just speculating here.

Were those noisy classes a perfect cover for carting boxes of illegal firearms into the church?

Whose business regularly involved going into churches/would have a spare key?

I have had an issue with the choice of weapon as well. It just doesn't make sense to me. I however, am still firmly on the "she was targeted" path, so I have wondered if it could actually play in to the fact she was so fit. Maybe a reach, but if someone was jealous of how fit she was or was mad about her time dedicated to being fit, maybe they wanted to show her (or themselves) that they could overtake her??

I was wondering if Missy had a life insurance policy from her employment. One that may pay out more if she were to die while on the job site. Which we know she did and was surprisingly alone at the time!

While googling if this was possible I ran across this article. I had no idea one's employer could make themselves the beneficiary of their employee's insurance payout. I have no idea if Missy even had life insurance and it's far fetched to think this happened in Missy's case, but I thought I'd toss it into the mix just because I'm interested in the financial aspect as a motive.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/06/22/an-employee-dies-and-the-company-collects-the-insurance/

An Employee Dies, and the Company Collects the Insurance

Because so-called company-owned life insurance offers employers generous tax breaks, the market is enormous; hundreds of corporations have taken out policies on thousands of employees. Banks are especially fond of the practice. JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo hold billions of dollars of life insurance on their books, and count it as a measure of their ability to withstand financial shocks.

Reviewing the Press Conf and then went to get a SS of where I think the area has to be, I am reminded again of how the Video's are edited in what we see.

From the 7 Sec video, first released April 18. Notice you see more... all the way across to the NW Side Main hallway entrance from the SW Side Main hallway. MPD 7 sec video.JPG

From 2 min27sec video Same frame (or close as I think I could get) but now notice that you can no longer see the NW Side Main hallway entrance ... MPD 227 Video.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003