TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe so many of us go back and forth with perp being male or female because it's a male that identifies as a woman or vice versa.....

"Police believe Bevers had been in contact with her killer, who according to a search-warrant affidavit may have used a cellphone to record the slaying. Members of the New York Police Department are aiding the investigation in hopes that sophisticated tracking devices can identify any electronic “footprints” been left behind by the killer."

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...structors-slaying-all-lead-to-dead-ends.html/

Maybe so many of us go back and forth with perp being male or female because it's a male that identifies as a woman or vice versa.....

Hope s/he didn't have to go to the bathroom while s/he was there. lol. I agree they at least have some androgynous characteristic. Somewhat Masculine female/Feminine male.

I kept wondering how people are seeing a "heavy" person in the surveillance footage, and thought maybe it was a combination between top-down camera angle and the bulky gear. Here's what happens when a camera is at a top-down angle:
attachment.php

I created a brief animation using my "body scan" technique. I removed pockets, belts, shoes, padding, fabric, and helmet from the subject, limiting the amount stripped from each layer to the general body frame. Wherever an area of clothing folded against or confined an area of the body, that was the size I determined the body part to be and kept it consistent frame to frame. Using a technique similar to facial reconstruction (but subtractive instead of additive), I used key frames to eliminate the costume. I did not add or subtract any weight. Only the obvious bulk from clothing was subtracted. This is what I ended up with. I thought you guys might find it interesting:

attachment.php

Attachments

• fat.jpg
    fat.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 827
  • scand.gif
    scand.gif
    964.6 KB · Views: 864
Exactly what my wife said after watching Nancy <modsnip>?. I actually quizzed her (she's really not followed the proceedings) to get a non-biased reaction. Her intuition (as a mother, teacher, et al) is usually off the charts.

She said, "I think it's a he. And he's nonchalantly meandering around. Breaking some things. Looking in rooms. Just screwing around, passing time. Maybe looking for something to take. And I bet he wasn't expecting a spunky blond woman entering the scene and caught him completely off guard." Which I guess is the first thing LE said as well. And a further delving into the details and intricacies changes many people's perspective. For all it's worth.

<modsnip>

When I first heard about this I was leaning about 99% male. As time goes by, I'm more open to the idea that the perp could be female. However, I'm still leaning heavily that the perp is male.

I kept wondering how people are seeing a "heavy" person in the surveillance footage, and thought maybe it was a combination between top-down camera angle and the bulky gear. Here's what happens when a camera is at a top-down angle:
attachment.php

I created a brief animation using my "body scan" technique. I removed pockets, belts, shoes, padding, fabric, and helmet from the subject, limiting the amount stripped from each layer to the general body frame. Wherever an area of clothing folded against or confined an area of the body, that was the size I determined the body part to be and kept it consistent frame to frame. Using a technique similar to facial reconstruction (but subtractive instead of additive), I used key frames to eliminate the costume. I did not add or subtract any weight. Only the obvious bulk from clothing was subtracted. This is what I ended up with. I thought you guys might find it interesting:

attachment.php

<modsnip> That is some seriously interesting stuff. Good job!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice work :rocker:
I think between the top down view, the fish eye lens and the quality of the video it's going to be extremely hard without advanced equipment, software or knowledge to get an accurate build of the perp.

IMO This is as good as it gets! :yourock:

Another eye picture...I've watched the surveillance video start to finish 1000's of times but tonight just noticed that at that last door where the killer is breaking the glass that there's one teensy frame where the camera catches her right eye and she's looking directly up at the camera. Disregard the eye color - I had to adjust the midtones due to lighting/shadows...but I in no way manipulated the eye shape, etc (or painted or sculpted or whatever)

Edited to add - this is at 2:04 in the MPD video.

eye looking up at camera while breaking glass edit 2.png

I'm curious...I'm now trying to study the video specifically on the helmet. Do you think it's possible that instead of a motorcycle helmet that it could possibly be an Army helmet like this?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81d0lQb3GoL._SY355_.jpg

Good eye. Yes, several people have mentioned they believe it's a helmet like that with a balaclava and a strap-on LED lamp. Various helmet types come in that style, including paintball tac helmets, which are pretty cheap on Amazon.

With no clothes on, the SP looks like he/she walks like a man.

I agree!

Batbrat......is there any chance we can talk you into doing an animation of the perp on the video walking to the door next to the bulletin board?

Please:please:

I agree!

Batbrat......is there any chance we can talk you into doing an animation of the perp on the video walking to the door next to the bulletin board?

Please:please:

It may take a couple days but I'll try.

attachment.php

attachment.php

So the silhouette is completely extracted from the video? Hope my question makes sense - as opposed to not being animated from scratch.....hope I'm still making sense :)

That's interesting.

So the silhouette is completely extracted from the video? Hope my question makes sense - as opposed to not being animated from scratch.....hope I'm still making sense :)

That's interesting.

I don't think it's from scratch. The walk is exactly the same (frame for frame) and the post states that he used key frames to eliminate the costume.

That's interesting.

Each frame from that sequence of the video is overlaid with a layer, on the layer I trace the outline of the subject, locate areas where there is little or no padding, etc. Within a 50-frame sequence, I use those data points to get an average size of that body part. It looks a little like this as I work on it:

attachment.php

Then each frame is reassembled in the same order.

Attachments

• scantype.jpg
    scantype.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 611
To me I don't see the "fear factor". I see get up close with MB at ease before striking. This leads me to believe Missy could potentially get away (run) or could overpower the perp. Thus, the need to put her at ease to get close enough to her.

Respectfully, I've heard this mentioned several times. I don't understand this line of thinking. If I was alone and encountered someone dressed like this under these circumstances, it certainly wouldn't put me at ease no matter who they SAID they were or what their disguise implied. In no way would this allow them to get close to me. I would run BECAUSE they were dressed like this, as well as for many other reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members