TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SP probably didn't care about tools as long as s/he was wearing gloves (heck, I would have had two sets on). No fingerprints. I wouldn't want to have to worry about carrying bloody tools (at least anymore than absolute necessity due to possible Identification factor) with me to dispose of. I mean, I already have enough to dispose of with the bloody SwatPerp outfit/boots/shoe covers/helmet which have DNA AND Missy's blood and possibly SwatPerp's blood if s/he got cut/injured in the assault.

Agreed, and maybe in their head, if they were trying to make it look like she was killed during an interrupted robbery, they wanted the "robbery type" tools left to further ensure that LE assumed it was the thief who killed her??

Generally in most agencies (police, fire) there is a designated spokesperson. They generally are the best speaker/front man for the organization and often have specific training on communication with the public. They maintain the contacts with local media and those relationships. In larger agencies, they will even rotate this around every couple of years. It is often unrelated to rank, but communication skill and training; (esp. in larger orgs). Ultimately though, in terms of command and control, the hierarchy remains very intact.

Looks like Johnson has been doing it since at least 2009 when he was a Sergeant , from a quick Google search this morning. JMHO

RSBM

How does LE know the murderer's movements or what they were wearing after the murder? According to the iPhone/iPad search warrant, "neither the suspect nor victim were seen again on video".

What am I missing here?

This is something I have never understood. How did SP get from one corner of the building to the opposite corner without being seen on camera as they left?

LE doesn't know how SP got in, however, they do know where SP was when the camera first recorded him. By knowing that piece of information, can they deduct the most obvious entry point?

RSBM

How does LE know the murderer's movements or what they were wearing after the murder? According to the iPhone/iPad search warrant, "neither the suspect nor victim were seen again on video".

What am I missing here?

Per the Probable Cause Affidavit < only a summary of know facts, not a narrative of all known facts. Captain Spann spoke like they saw Suspect later walking down a hallway when asked. JMHO MPD has the time stamped videos, they know more than releasing.

Regarding the financial aspect referenced in a SW....
Ellis County, TX is in the Bankruptcy Court's Northern District of Texas, according to https://www.legalconsumer.com/index_local.php?CITY=Midlothian&ST=TX.
T
he bankruptcy case voice information line (phone 1.866.222.8029 per https://www.pacer.gov/phone_access.html) for the Northern District of Texas indicates BB has not filed bankruptcy.
Similarly, it indicates MB has not filed bankruptcy. (Information was obtained by using option 3-search by name.)
I do not mean to imply that bankruptcy is the only financial struggle that a couple could face. My point is to say that according to that public information source, neither BB or MB had filed bankruptcy.
All JMO.

RSBM

What am I missing here?

This is something I have never understood. How did SP get from one corner of the building to the opposite corner without being seen on camera as they left?

LE doesn't know how SP got in, however, they do know where SP was when the camera first recorded him. By knowing that piece of information, can they deduct the most obvious entry point?

There is another statement from LE saying that the suspect was shown briefly on camera leaving the area in the same direction that he/she entered. I can't find the quote right now... maybe someone else has it handy?

Respectfully, Here is WS Member Galadriel Verbatim transcript of 4/18/16 presser w/ Chief Carl Smith and Captain John Spann. Video is also at the link. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838

This is where I form my opinion.^^^
Suspect busted out the exterior metal kitchen door on middle of North side of building, that is where entry was. missy bevers TODAY 4 20 CHURCH SS 6.JPGCreekside kitchen door 3.JPGCreekside kitchen door 2.JPG

ETA, also didn't have to go from corner of building to opposite corner of building. Was in the SW Corner of building ( NW SW NE SE) from there all had to do to get back to the kitchen and out, was go back down main hallway (direction came from in the video where coming to open door and try pry other) then take a right on that North hallway and down mid way and out through kitchen door. Not a great distance. JMHO

Agreed, and maybe in their head, if they were trying to make it look like she was killed during an interrupted robbery, they wanted the "robbery type" tools left to further ensure that LE assumed it was the thief who killed her??

This is exactly what I think. With his half-hearted, pointless vandalism and remaining in the building for 45 minutes without stealing ANYTHING, it's pretty clear this was not a real robbery, to me at least. Leaving those tools behind were the perp's way of trying to make this look more like a robbery at this outset.

There is another statement from LE saying that the suspect was shown briefly on camera leaving the area in the same direction that he/she entered. I can't find the quote right now... maybe someone else has it handy?

Yes it is in the April 18 Press Conf. I provided the link to that Press Conf. Her is link to my comment where I posted all the comments from Press Conferences and the SW with links. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-25&p=12610212#post12610212 Kinda putting it in context of what we know. JMHO

I don't expect that I'm the only one but I don't rule it out either. Most members of the public are unaware of the right they have to get information for themselves. So they sit on their hands and wait for the media to give it to them.

From what I've seen of the Dallas media in this case, they're also sitting on their hands and waiting for LE press releases and pressers. It's the difference between investigating and simply reporting.

I respectfully disagree with your statement about the media sitting on their hands waiting for a presser. I believe they (the media) have more information than they are allowed to disclose by LE, due to the on going investigation. For example twice I believe a key piece of information pertaining to her COD was mentioned by two different local stations, who immediately pulled down the story's and edited that information out. OMO

Sent from my iPhone

I initially believed that the perp was a random male burglar and the victim was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

After reading recent comments regarding the apparent lack of fear on the part of LE and the community, something clicked. Our subconscious minds are quite good at assessing threats...and most people probably don't sense an ongoing threat from what is known of the perp. I cannot imagine the bumbling perp in the video actually dressing up like this again and repeating this farce. Barring, of course, the possibility that the perp is totally insane.

I now believe that the perp is female and purposefully targeted the victim, due to the following deductions:

the perp is dressed for battle, not burglary

the perp knew the victim was athletic and dressed to prevent injury

the perp dressed defensively...the perp was leery of the victim's capabilities as few men would be in this matchup...aside from wearing a groin cup

a man would have dressed for speed, not armor...biggest fear would be that athletic victim would run away and a chase would be required

this was a hate crime...almost any man would have used a gun...we love guns...stabbing women, not so much (actually rather repulsive)

the perp arrived early and stayed late...as necessary for a surprise attack

the perp wasn't afraid of an alarm, so probably knew the church

the outfit is very awkward and ill fitting...borrowed?

a man would probably wear running shoes or lightweight correctly fitting boots

Speaking from a man's point of view:

I would have virtually no fear of the female victim actually hurting me. I would be more afraid of her escaping, thus I would want to be quick and nimble. Despite her athleticism, my weight and upper body strength are a huge advantage. The victim's stature and physique do not seem overly threatening. I'd probably be more worried if she was 250 pounds.

My main fears would be: mace, groin strikes, eye gouging, scratches with DNA transfer, and the victim running away.

Thus, I would wear long sleeves, gloves, goggles, a ski mask, a groin cup, and running shoes. I can't imagine wearing that helmet...it would provide an excellent grappling handle.

A female, I can only imagine, would be very interested in softening any blows from the victim. I suspect that a female victim with the perp's body shape would never imagine being able to chase the victim down in any scenario and thus would sacrifice speed for armor.

I respectfully disagree with your statement about the media sitting on their hands waiting for a presser. I believe they (the media) have more information than they are allowed to disclose by LE, due to the on going investigation. For example twice I believe a key piece of information pertaining to her COD was mentioned by two different local stations, who immediately pulled down the story's and edited that information out. OMO

Sent from my iPhone

So LE controls the press now and they only publish what the government allows. That's kind of scary in my opinion. What happened to the First Amendment?

If LE asks the press to not publish something that's means it's voluntary and the press can withhold or publish at their discretion. JMO

So LE controls the press now and they only publish what the government allows. That's kind of scary in my opinion. What happened to the First Amendment?

If LE asks the press to not publish something that's means it's voluntary and the press can withhold or publish at their discretion. JMO

I agree with what you are saying Ranch but I believe they have a very compelling argument about how if a particular piece of info was released it may hinder a pertinent piece of investigation. Sorry about the run on sentence.

Sent from my iPhone

Maybe some of the locals can answer this question. Why has the police chief been publicly absent in this case? I mean, we've heard from Captain Spann and ASSISTANT chief Johnson, but nothing from the chief himself. Does he just not like being in front of the cameras?

I am local and I ASSURE you, that you are NOT the only one who is perplexed by this. Especially since he gave the first presser.

Sent from my iPhone

I am local and I ASSURE you, that you are NOT the only one who is perplexed by this. Especially since he gave the first presser.

Sent from my iPhone

But OP was saying that the Chief hasn't spoken at all. Which is not true. As you say he did give the first. I personally just assume the Assistant Chief giving is Spokesman, that's how it is done here. Or when something big happens(as in arrest and so forth) the Big LE comes out, but all the Updates come from a Spokesperson. To me it makes sense. JMHO

Can someone help me out here......It is my opinion that LE ...meaning MPD and the various other agencies who quickly stepped in to offer their assistance, along with all their combined expertise, state-of-the-art equipment, priority access to lab results, etc., narrowed down the killer within 3 days as stated by a commentator on True Crime radio a few weeks back. By now they probably have mountains of information and are witholding most of it from the public which is understandable. I am curious as to why one of the VERY few pieces of information they put out there for the public was the height range....5'2". --5'7" , and please correct me if I am wrong, that the killer was a female and the skin color was light. My question is...why put out THOSE particular pieces of information out of the thousands of other pieces of information they have? Also, IMO, I think they jumped the gun by naming names on the SW and releasing it to the public so quickly. Then they had to back pedal and say that NONE of the persons listed were of any interest. (don' t recall the exact wording. ) They also pretty much said they had a good description of the killer and didn't need the public calling in anymore. My own words, too lazy to go back and look for everything so please correct me if I am wrong.

But OP was saying that the Chief hasn't spoken at all. Which is not true. As you say he did give the first. I personally just assume the Assistant Chief giving is Spokesman, that's how it is done here. Or when something big happens(as in arrest and so forth) the Big LE comes out, but all the Updates come from a Spokesperson. To me it makes sense. JMHO

I have wondered if he was conflicted out of the case for some reason. I have gone back and watched the presser he gave several times and I know first hand what a great public speaker he is. This was NOT the case in this instance, maybe he was friends with MB or BB, not sure but it seriously has left me scratching my head.

Sent from my iPhone

I have wondered if he was conflicted out of the case for some reason. I have gone back and watched the presser he gave several times and I know first hand what a great public speaker he is. This was NOT the case in this instance, maybe he was friends with MB or BB, not sure but it seriously has left me scratching my head.

Sent from my iPhone

Who is the absent chief, Glammie?

Can someone help me out here......It is my opinion that LE ...meaning MPD and the various other agencies who quickly stepped in to offer their assistance, along with all their combined expertise, state-of-the-art equipment, priority access to lab results, etc., narrowed down the killer within 3 days as stated by a commentator on True Crime radio a few weeks back. By now they probably have mountains of information and are witholding most of it from the public which is understandable. I am curious as to why one of the VERY few pieces of information they put out there for the public was the height range....5'2". --5'7" , and please correct me if I am wrong, that the killer was a female and the skin color was light. My question is...why put out THOSE particular pieces of information out of the thousands of other pieces of information they have? Also, IMO, I think they jumped the gun by naming names on the SW and releasing it to the public so quickly. Then they had to back pedal and say that NONE of the persons listed were of any interest. (don' t recall the exact wording. ) They also pretty much said they had a good description of the killer and didn't need the public calling in anymore. My own words, too lazy to go back and look for everything so please correct me if I am wrong.

I agree, that they are picking and choosing what to release. I don't think they did say it was a female though, only they were backing off their initial comment of it being a male. My personal opinion on that statement is that it was two fold. 1. Just like they said, they made the original comment of it being a man a bit too cavalierly and really did want to make sure the public knew it could be either a male or female, and 2. for legal reasons - if it does end up being a male perp, they don't want the defense team coming back to that statement saying that LE had someone in mind from the beginning and never looked past that or that LE swayed public opinion when they asked for help identifying the "male".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member