TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To attack someone with calculation at close range with a "tool" takes something strong inside the perp - either steely coldness toward human life in general if it's a hitman, or immense rage/righteousness/hate if it's someone Missy knew.

I can't even imagine raising my arm to strike anyone so hard that it would kill them - I would have to be either saving myself or saving someone else to have it in me to hit someone like that. Even then, I don't know if I could accomplish the act as I'm not that strong.

Obviously the killer was not in a defensive position, so that leaves either cold emptiness in the perp or severe rage.

I'm stating the obvious, I know. Nothing new here. It just continues to astound me that Missy was not only murdered, but murdered so "completely," so closely, and so quickly. And without a trace to the perp. Who committed this astounding act?

JMOpinion, with continued hope for justice.....

You might make contact with someone on C'list who has a gun to sell but guns in themselves are not sold and traded on C'list. Ammo, gun parts yes and some of those people might also have a gun they would sell someone separately apart from their C'list activity. There are also gun shows where they are sold. Pawn shops but they are supposed to fill out the paperwork for a background check as are gun/sporting goods stores, whereas individuals don't have to do so. FB has listings where individuals are selling to other individuals.There are other websites like Texas Gun Trader, I don't know if they have to do background check or not (to ensure they aren't selling to someone with a felony record).

everyone starts somewhere though don't though... i'm just thinking out loud. say someone is need of some quick cash but is not YET a criminal.. just a bit of a deadbeat. say a mate comes up to them and says "hey.. you wanna earn an easy $5K...."....

you mull it over for a minute or twelve and say sure. but how are you going to do it? you don't want to go out and a buy a gun because it will be traced to you. you don't have any mates selling them on the corner. how do you find out who does? craigslist?

Well, I haven't a clue how criminals ( or not yet a criminal ) obtain guns. Perhaps by theft? Now a criminal.

IMOO.

To attack someone with calculation at close range with a "tool" takes something strong inside the perp - either steely coldness toward human life in general if it's a hitman, or immense rage/righteousness/hate if it's someone Missy knew.

I can't even imagine raising my arm to strike anyone so hard that it would kill them - I would have to be either saving myself or saving someone else to have it in me to hit someone like that. Even then, I don't know if I could accomplish the act as I'm not that strong.

Obviously the killer was not in a defensive position, so that leaves either cold emptiness in the perp or severe rage.

I'm stating the obvious, I know. Nothing new here. It just continues to astound me that Missy was not only murdered, but murdered so "completely," so closely, and so quickly. And without a trace to the perp. Who committed this astounding act?

Speaking of the "murdered so quickly" bit, I've asked this before but not sure I got a response (it was threads ago, I'm not looking it up!)

I'm pretty sure the law states that when someone is found unresponsive if there is ANY sign of life whatsoever they have to be taken to the hospital. I have a feeling I read that Missy was pronounced dead in the church, just 40 minutes max from when she was attacked, at which point she would still have been warm and have colour (sorry :( ). To me that suggests she was very definitely deceased with no hope of resuscitation or medical intervention. Can anyone clarify?

Speaking of the "murdered so quickly" bit, I've asked this before but not sure I got a response (it was threads ago, I'm not looking it up!)

I'm pretty sure the law states that when someone is found unresponsive if there is ANY sign of life whatsoever they have to be taken to the hospital. I have a feeling I read that Missy was pronounced dead in the church, just 40 minutes max from when she was attacked, at which point she would still have been warm and have colour (sorry :( ). To me that suggests she was very definitely deceased with no hope of resuscitation or medical intervention. Can anyone clarify?

I can't clarify, but that's my assumption as well. She was found in a condition which was obviously beyond help. She wasn't rushed to the hospital.

:(

everyone starts somewhere though don't though... i'm just thinking out loud. say someone is need of some quick cash but is not YET a criminal.. just a bit of a deadbeat. say a mate comes up to them and says "hey.. you wanna earn an easy $5K...."....

you mull it over for a minute or twelve and say sure. but how are you going to do it? you don't want to go out and a buy a gun because it will be traced to you. you don't have any mates selling them on the corner. how do you find out who does? craigslist?

It is possible, but with all the planning and thought the "hiring perp" put in to this, I am not sure they would risk going to any deadbeat on the street, especially someone who isn't a seasoned criminal. There is more risk he would get caught vs someone who had done this before. Once the hitman is caught, they always turn on the person who hired them. I am not saying you couldn't get lucky and find someone with no record who is all of sudden willing to bludgeon someone to death for money, but you are taking a HUGE risk. A big risk for someone who seemed very hard to try to minimize the risk of being caught.

I can't clarify, but that's my assumption as well. She was found in a condition which was obviously beyond help. She wasn't rushed to the hospital.

:(

I've heard it called 'injuries incompatible with life". It's obvious...

Good morning!

Where are we with a flashlight? Does SP have one, or is there one attached to the helmet? I had forgotten hubby bought me a flashlight that has a stun feature on it. I'm not allowed to use that feature tho, he says I'll stun myself. (I really think he thinks I'll use it on him :wink: ) Lol Anyways, I was wondering if maybe SP used something like that on Missy. I believe mine is called a Pitbull.

Have a wonderful day!

Exactly this. I think people really underestimate how many people could\would actually do this. There is a reason professional profilers say where there is either 'overkill' or trauma to the face, it comes from rage usually associated with someone who had a personal relationship with the person or someone who is off the rails psychotic (serial killer type who is still acting out some internal rage, but on any victim that fits their fantasy).

I believe this would be covered under the EMS personnel’s standard of care and standard operating procedures. It would be spelled out, in a traumatic injury, when resuscitation efforts would be withheld.

Good morning!

Where are we with a flashlight? Does SP have one, or is there one attached to the helmet? I had forgotten hubby bought me a flashlight that has a stun feature on it. I'm not allowed to use that feature tho, he says I'll stun myself. (I really think he thinks I'll use it on him :wink:) Lol Anyways, I was wondering if maybe SP used something like that on Missy. I believe mine is called a Pitbull.

Have a wonderful day!

How does the stun feature work? Is it taser-like ? Interesting. TY

Good morning!

Where are we with a flashlight? Does SP have one, or is there one attached to the helmet? I had forgotten hubby bought me a flashlight that has a stun feature on it. I'm not allowed to use that feature tho, he says I'll stun myself. (I really think he thinks I'll use it on him :wink: ) Lol Anyways, I was wondering if maybeSPused something like that on Missy. I believe mine is called a Pitbull.

Have a wonderful day!

Hmmm...this is interesting. I had no idea there was such a thing. In my personal notes I keep for myself from Thread 1, I've always thought that SP used a stun gun on MB. Or....a gun....a hit at the right point in the head would put someone down immediately but that's risky, especially is SP is hiding in the dark waiting for MB. Swing and a miss whereas a stun gun would drop her immediately. I haven't ruled out a gun either but I really feel like they did something to drop her immediately then attack :(

Yes, steroids were found and confiscated at Slaughter's mobile home, along with 17 guns. Slaughter was the first deputy arrested, before Missy's murder (case opened April 4, arrested April 15 if memory serves me correctly).

When I heard about the steroids with this deputy's arrest was when motive started coming together for me.

JMO, IMO
If you look at his charges, he is also charged with tampering with government documents and evidence.

I have also thought the same. Here is a scenario I've considered. A shot or 2 were fired but missed, shot out a window (later a gun sniffing expert named Titan is brought out to find the bullet), MB may have knocked the gun out of their hand. (I think no one would dress in uniform with all the gear and not have their weapon.) SP and MB struggle, which LE already stated. MB went on the offensive when she realized who it was or what was happening, SP is wilding swinging the hammer partly in self defense but mostly because the situation is almost out of control and she is almost back to the door and her vehicle (her body was found in the SW corner of the building). So a breaching hammer gets used as a last effort to stop her and ends up killing her because it's so heavy and pointed, also resulting in a lot of cuts and puncture wounds about the chest and head because in a struggle some blows land and some don't. Not at all as the SP intended but done nonetheless.

Definitely possible. This scenario would also explain the ATF dog, Titan's purpose in being brought out to search.

In many cases I've seen and heard about, rarely does the perp's plan go as intended and there ends up being some improvisation
that has to be made...usually thats where the perp makes a mistake.
JMO

BBM.

This perfectly sums up my feelings on MB's case. The part in bold definitely resonates with me. Unless someone threatened my children, I can't even fathom killing another human. I actually shudder at the mere thought.

I have also thought the same. Here is a scenario I've considered. A shot or 2 were fired but missed, shot out a window (later a gun sniffing expert named Titan is brought out to find the bullet), MB may have knocked the gun out of their hand. (I think no one would dress in uniform with all the gear and not have their weapon.) SP and MB struggle, which LE already stated. MB went on the offensive when she realized who it was or what was happening, SP is wilding swinging the hammer partly in self defense but mostly because the situation is almost out of control and she is almost back to the door and her vehicle (her body was found in the SW corner of the building). So a breaching hammer gets used as a last effort to stop her and ends up killing her because it's so heavy and pointed, also resulting in a lot of cuts and puncture wounds about the chest and head because in a struggle some blows land and some don't. Not at all as the SP intended but done nonetheless.

Another option. The "hit person" wasn't a professional and wasn't a great shot. SP had planned to shoot MB, but after missing her with a couple of shots, they ended up tangling with each other on the floor. I think it is unlikely that this is how things unfolded.

Exactly this. I think people really underestimate how many people could\would actually do this. There is a reason professional profilers say where there is either 'overkill' or trauma to the face, it comes from rage usually associated with someone who had a personal relationship with the person or someone who is off the rails psychotic (serial killer type who is still acting out some internal rage, but on any victim that fits their fantasy).

Do we now that the trauma was to her face (and not to the back of her head)? I think it is probably her face, and if that is the case, the killer was staring her in the eyes as he/she bludgeoned her to death. I cannot comprehend that level of coldness. I think that her attack was filled with rage... of a personal nature. It seems that this killer, despite the coldness shown in MB's death, was passionate enough to spare her kids from finding her body.

I just listened into the true crime podcast w/ our wonderful, Trish and PS. My thoughts- interesting background as a cop, prosecutor and now defense attorney who I am sure can read between the lines on the SW, LE statements and following the train of thought of the investigators on this case.
He seems to feel this was a targeted hit, which I have to agree with. The only real feedback I have is that early in the investigation there was a lot talk about the behavior of visiting with LE by the spouse. We seem as sleuths, to have evolved from that mind-set but PS seems to have not yet. That is the only indication, to me, that his familiarity may just be peripheral..
Trish really asked some hard questions and he is very experienced and handled them well. PS thoughts about toomuch info. being released on the SW- I agree with our, Trish- nope, not really!
Interesting but my only real takeaways.

Oddly, I found myself nodding to virtually everything PS said on the program. Though I have certainly spent a lot of time working on (and considering) other avenues, I have never "evolved" from my original thoughts on this case. Especially when it comes to the more bizarre theories I've read/heard. I don't really consider PS' particular pov to be a "mind-set", as the hundreds of hours I've spent working on this case and trying to make the small tidbits of evidence we have fit any other way has only strengthened my initial theories, not led me elsewhere.

Well, I haven't a clue how criminals ( or not yet a criminal ) obtain guns. Perhaps by theft? Now a criminal.

IMOO.

Yes, I believe you are correct. Criminals do not abide by laws, and I think they obtain most guns by theft.

IMHO

To date , I have not read anywhere but here that Missy had facial wounds.
Does someone have a link to that?

The warrant issued late in the afternoon of April 19 and obtained May 3, states that Bevers "had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest" that "are consistent with tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

Jan 3 2016 Class/Camp was posted that will be indoors ... JMHO was common practice to post prior night if was going to be indoors Missy Bevers January 3 · Ovilla, TX · (Sunday night 8:01 pm) https://www.facebook.com/missy.bevers/posts/10208364859538964 Camp tomorrow @5:00am indoors at Creekside Church of Christ and 9:00am at Midlothian Conference Center...Bring Your Weights! I'm off to bed...been under the weather since last night. But, will see all of you bright & early!
(Thank you. That was very helpful.) And she wasn't killed, then. I think most people would agree that: If this case was "planned" (premeditated), it was more than liked "planned", pretty shortly before, it then happened. (especially if it was over something such as, jealousy) [i.e.: Was possibly over something that had "recently" occurred. &/or, this person (perp) is someone who, had only "recently" come upon her. (in some way)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur