TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
27000 posts later it's all, quite frankly, making me a bit grumpy. Someone throw me a positive...

rsbm

Jessica Chambers was murdered in a small town in Mississippi. It was brutal and tragic and it looked like (to me anyway) the killer was going to get away with it. A year and a few months later (and I don't know how many threads here that were insightful and informative despite the lack of information available) someone was indicted for her murder.

rsbm

Jessica Chambers was murdered in a small town in Mississippi. It was brutal and tragic and it looked like (to me anyway) the killer was going to get away with it. A year and a few months later (and I don't know how many threads here that were insightful and informative despite the lack of information available) someone was indicted for her murder.

That is an amazing positive! Thank you for that! : )

Agree with you completely. I don't think that she was aware of or involved in any shady financial business, but possibly was aware of some other illicit activity taking place.

Originally posted by neesaki:

Originally Posted by PoirotryInMotion
Don't really know but can only theorize (if it's connected). From what I've read, I think the investigation has been underway, and continues to be underway. One deputy was arrested right before her murder, one after. Can't really know if Missy had anything to do with those arrests, but since Texas Rangers are still investigating the ECSO cases, there could conceivably be more arrests coming.

My own theory is that Missy knew something, but that 'something' was likely more peripheral than direct - and maybe she was killed for the investigative chain reaction it would set off, not so much for the seriousness of that one tidbit of information.

For example, what if she were wrestling with knowledge of illegal drug sales at the gym, or perhaps was concerned about discovering illegal drug use by someone she knew...and maybe she had personal reasons for not initially reporting it, but then had decided to override those? Following that hypothetical scenario, say she were to decide to report that discovery...and the investigation grew from that one user to his suppliers and the people that worked for or protected them? What repercussions might there be for area businesses, churches, or schools in Missy's circles (depending on where the abuse occurred and where the investigation led)? How many people and families and careers might end up being affected if that one discovery she made dominoes into a larger a web of crime that covers a whole county?
Are you saying she may have been working undercover as an informant ?

No, I've found nothing to suggest she did undercover work; just what txmommy stated above. My hunch is that while going about her daily routines Missy may have stumbled upon some knowledge that she wrestled with those last three weeks of her life (and perhaps that's why the Anytime Fitness gym manager said she seemed different or more reserved). If she discovered something along the lines of drug dealing at one or more area athletic/fitness centers, it could explain why she stopped working out at gyms and just did the CG thing.

Maybe she just decided her plate was full and she needed to streamline her schedule...who knows. But I do believe this was not a random murder, and that Missy was targeted...and illegal gun and drug activity IS what's in the news currently in that county and town with the ATF and Texas Rangers having active investigations, so it's not a completely random guess.

Respectfully BBM, thats what I think (going in then coming back out) And we for certain do not have all the video. This is spliced together sections, that MPD wanted to share, they have IIRC a little over 30 minutes of video (captured on video not - MPD has not said this was the total time the Suspect was in the building, Suspect was in rooms that time is not on video unless a camera was in that room) JMHO

Ah, yes. Sorry rsd - I see what you are asking. Ark-mimi is likely right. My guess would be they went to come out the door we see on the left (triggering cam) and then something caught their eye and they stepped back in the room to investigate. Maybe that is even the random rectangular box looking thing they are holding? Then came back out again before the cam had shut off. Some will actually set the time to record after motion to longer intervals (10-60 sec) for this very reason. The more you record after, the less you lose when motion starts.

Ark-mimi - do you know what room SP is walking out of in that portion of the video? Or what hall that is on the church diagram?

My opinion is that the killer is a major loser and knows it now after this crime. A very dangerous loose cannon. If I lived around there I would be on high alert.

The killer is a clever person who planned things well in advance and has avoided arrest for nearly 2 months now...still has people guessing if they're male or female. I'm guessing they're quite pleased with themselves!

Such as...?

Well, a few threads back, someone mentioned that maybe she had become aware of someone or a group of people selling steroids or other illegal drugs. I don't remember the poster so I can't give them credit- sorry! But it really made me think and it's as good of a theory as some others, IMO. It's just one theory that I'm considering at this time and subject to change. :)

The killer is a clever person who planned things well in advance and has avoided arrest for nearly 2 months now...still has people guessing if they're male or female. I'm guessing they're quite pleased with themselves!

I'm definitely leaning female now... A wife of someone enamored with Missy. Missy seems like she was famous in her hometown. She had a LOT of followers on FB - a lot! There is a country song about that too! The shoes definitely looked big on the perp. I think she probably borrowed the outfit from a man.

Just my opinion.

Women talk....so if the perp thought MB knew a dark secret, why wouldn't the perp think that she didn't tell many others? How many more would perp have to kill to keep the secret sealed? Nooooo, this doesn't make sense to me.

Not bashing anyone or finger-pointing--just rolling around theories here:

What does make sense for a perp motive is this: money. Money. Did MB take out loans w/someone that she couldn't pay back to fund her newish business (equipment, products)? Did anyone notice odd & extraordinary spending? We're there run-ups on credit cards by anyone? What about second mortgages--any signed without knowledge of the other party or done outside of normal parameters? Was there illegal monetary risk-taking going on in her inner circle? Gambling? Was MB threatening to disclose illegal betting/loansharking? Was there money-making on something she didn't feel suited her ethics but she was privy to? Did she charge somebody money for something but they felt she ripped them off? How deep were her financial pressures?

Did she have a safety deposit box? Did she keep a journal? Who did she confide in? Finances? A will drawn? A will recently changed? Who was listed as caretakers or guardians of the kids? Where is her bestie? Anyone sign her name posing as her on checks or markers? Was a hidden debt coming to a crescendo?

Did anyone warn her---> I bet they did.

Who could've hated this woman this badly?

In general & in our society + with all the perp planning in this case; it points to money being the motive.

All moo & highly hypothetical. No assumptions. No suspect in mind. No judgements or blaming.

But, the part that is curious, is from 1:49 to 1:52 before SP ever comes out of the door, or the door ever moves. The camera is taping a blank hall. No movement. Unless SP walked down that hall and into that room, the door closed, and the camera was still activated when SP came back out of the door, and LE cut that part out for some reason. We don't have the entire tape, I'm almost sure.

I agree we don't have the whole tape. One thing I noticed is the camera appears to be jarring... could be from the blows from the SP. Has anyone slowed down the speed of the video and watched it? I have and it helps.

Well, a few threads back, someone mentioned that maybe she had become aware of someone or a group of people selling steroids or other illegal drugs. I don't remember the poster so I can't give them credit- sorry! But it really made me think and it's as good of a theory as some others, IMO. It's just one theory that I'm considering at this time and subject to change. :)

While I can see something like this happening, I still go back to the weapon of choice. It just seems to be so telling. I know there is no accounting for someone's thought process in a situation like this, but if it were a "hit" so to speak, to get rid of someone who knew something, it just seems like you take a gun. I mean with all the prep work and thought they were willing to put in to this, put on a disguise, lurk outside, and when she walks in (or comes back out to go park truck), shoot her and take off. Your snitch is gone. Why all the build up, risk and rage to do it with a hammer? Ugg, just so sad no matter how it turns out.

But, the part that is curious, is from 1:49 to 1:52 before SP ever comes out of the door, or the door ever moves. The camera is taping a blank hall. No movement. Unless SP walked down that hall and into that room, the door closed, and the camera was still activated when SP came back out of the door, and LE cut that part out for some reason. We don't have the entire tape, I'm almost sure.
IIRC< didn't LE say that there was more footage of the SP ? And that they only released this 2 minutes of footage to the public to see if anyone (local) recognized the unusual gait of SP ? They do have more footage, and I recall reading upthread that LE said the SP acts on the other footage "mostly" like he does on the 2 minutes shown..Would really like to see the other footage...jmo

Women talk....so if the perp thought MB knew a dark secret, why wouldn't the perp think that she didn't tell many others? How many more would perp have to kill to keep the secret sealed? Nooooo, this doesn't make sense to me.

What does make sense for a perp motive is this: money. Money. Did MB take out loans w/someone that she couldn't pay back to fund her newish business (equipment, products)? Did anyone notice odd & extraordinary spending? We're there run-ups on credit cards by anyone? What about second mortgages--any signed without knowledge of the other party or done outside of normal parameters? Was there illegal monetary risk-taking going on in her inner circle? Gambling? Was MB threatening to disclose illegal betting/loansharking? Was there money-making on something she didn't feel suited her ethics but she was privy to? Did she charge somebody money for something but they felt she ripped them off? How deep were her financial pressures?

Did she have a safety deposit box? Did she keep a journal? Who did she confide in? Finances? A will drawn? A will recently changed? Who was listed as caretakers or guardians of the kids? Where is her bestie? Anyone sign her name posing as her on checks or markers? Was a hidden debt coming to a crescendo?

In general & in our society + with all the perp planning in this case; it points to money being the motive.

All moo & highly hypothetical. No assumptions. No suspect in mind. No judgements or blaming.

always thought $$$ was a very valid motive. jmo

While I can see something like this happening, I still go back to the weapon of choice. It just seems to be so telling. I know there is no accounting for someone's thought process in a situation like this, but if it were a "hit" so to speak, to get rid of someone who knew something, it just seems like you take a gun. I mean with all the prep work and thought they were willing to put in to this, put on a disguise, lurk outside, and when she walks in (or comes back out to go park truck), shoot her and take off. Your snitch is gone. Why all the build up, risk and rage to do it with a hammer? Ugg, just so sad no matter how it turns out.

YUP the method of the murder shows absolute hate and rage. I do not see a "hit" on behalf of someone. This was personal. JMO

These are a lot of great questions ATasteOfHoney!! I have wondered about a BFF. And debt in particular too. Taxes to be paid, etc. Funding for the business had to be expensive. LE has to be considering all of this too.

Time to retreat and think about your post.

These are a lot of great questions ATasteOfHoney!! I have wondered about a BFF. And debt in particular too. Taxes to be paid, etc. Funding for the business had to be expensive. LE has to be considering all of this too.

Time to retreat and think about your post.
Could be something like the Michelle Le murder as well, all though, I voted male, there are a lot of people to look at

Sent from my LGAS323 using Tapatalk

MB was in top physical condition. I have trouble believing the swatperp in their cumbersome outfit could subdue her without a heck of a battle. I think something was used to immobilize her which LE has not made public. jmo

Agree. 80% of folks still swear that the perp looks like R.B.

So the district attorney would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that whomever was totally responsible. Jmo.

The district attorney needs a smoking gun to move forward. Because obviously RB isn't the killer. So whomever gets charged will likely have jurors not fully convinced that they are the perp. Jmo.

If I'm the defense attorney, I'd def subpoena him. And set it up so he'd have to walked the length of the jury box in front of everyone. After showing the video several times. Mess with their heads a little bit. Maybe the trial will hinge upon the strength of his alibi. In this case, anything is possible.

Could be something like the Michelle Le murder as well, all though, I voted male, there are a lot of people to look at

I voted for male too (& I think MB's besties & galpals have a good take on things, however---they are not suspects, imho).

I voted for male too (& I think MB's besties & galpals have a good take on things, however---they are not suspects, imho).
I agree, I think when the truth comes out it will leave everyone stunned tho... and it may take a while but it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member