TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that the damage was done from the interior. In this shot of the (reportedly) Kitchen door, the glass is on the inside floor, so it would have had to be broken from the outside:

View attachment 96373

True! But SP could have messed with that door to stage it.
It is a waaaay (LOL) out there theory, but I don't put anything past that freak at this point.

What were the other indications? I think those were early assumptions, before people realized what the perp had been doing before Missy arrived. I think she entered the building and was immediately struck, with no opportunity for a struggle. Jmo, of course.

The article mentions other indications of a struggle, but it does not go into detail.

*DISCLAIMER, THIS IS ONLY A PERSONAL THEORY. I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE ANY OF THESE ASSUMPTIONS OR CONNECTIONS ARE FACTUAL*

I have developed a new suspect, who has never been mentioned anywhere as poi. He is a male and he is connected to the Creekside Church. Without naming or pointing to anyone, it is very possible, that this individual was

• either involved in some activity, which MD had discovered (pedophile ?/ homosexual ?)

or

• he had discovered MB in some infidelity possibly happening at the church prior to a morning workout with the camper group. (I am not trying to imply anything, just relating to what LE had mentioned about extramarital affair(s))
The motive therefore could be either fear of detection or scolding MB for her infidelity and a resulting disgrace of the church. I am tending to think possible 'fear of detection' here. Also, this individual had access to church keys and not only knew the layout of the church, when MB would arrive, but he also possibly personally knew her (details on file).

Notice, that a local religious organization belonging to Creekside Church was getting ready for cleaning/ fixing the playground area outside the church and a major cleanup of the interior of the church beginning on Saturday morning, April 16th (playground) and Wednesday, April 20th, inside the church.

The group was organizing their members (incl. my suspect) and had listed to bring the following tools to the church:

Items to bring:

Post hole diggers
Wheelbarrows (mixing concrete)
Shovels (dirt working tools for drainage swale to creek)
Chainsaw (other tree trimming tools to clear back area for future mowing)
Hammers
Tape measures
Levels
Trowels
Auger (if anyone has one!!)

It is extremely interesting, that those items were readily available from Saturday the 16th on all the way through Wednesday the 20th. Some of these tools may have been used to murder MB. Also, this may have been a good opportunity to just have access to various tools on Monday early morning.

This would also explain the individual's confidence about the possibly non functional outdoor surveillance cams. He would also be familiar about where and how to get into the church and out again, without getting lost or panicky after the attach.

Sources include the local (church) organization's FB page, the Creekside Church website including the bulletins ( containing further information regarding rooms and #s at the church).

-Nin
Pretty sure I find this to be one of the most compelling suggestions so far, I have long thought the perp new the church too well, and it was something that had me stumped a bit. Nicely put together. I would opt for the nefarious acts perp or someone perp was protecting over Infidelity. JMO.

The article mentions other indications of a struggle, but it does not go into detail.

Again, I'm putting that aside as a false start. I think the "indications of a struggle" was whatever mess the perp alone made.

JMO

I wonder if there is a church list of who dropped off supplies for the clean up day, and where the supplies were collected

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

*DISCLAIMER, THIS IS ONLY A PERSONAL THEORY. I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE ANY OF THESE ASSUMPTIONS OR CONNECTIONS ARE FACTUAL*

I have developed a new suspect, who has never been mentioned anywhere as poi. He is a male and he is connected to the Creekside Church. Without naming or pointing to anyone, it is very possible, that this individual was

• either involved in some activity, which MD had discovered (pedophile ?/ homosexual ?)

or

• he had discovered MB in some infidelity possibly happening at the church prior to a morning workout with the camper group. (I am not trying to imply anything, just relating to what LE had mentioned about extramarital affair(s))
The motive therefore could be either fear of detection or scolding MB for her infidelity and a resulting disgrace of the church. I am tending to think possible 'fear of detection' here. Also, this individual had access to church keys and not only knew the layout of the church, when MB would arrive, but he also possibly personally knew her (details on file).

Notice, that a local religious organization belonging to Creekside Church was getting ready for cleaning/ fixing the playground area outside the church and a major cleanup of the interior of the church beginning on Saturday morning, April 16th (playground) and Wednesday, April 20th, inside the church.

The group was organizing their members (incl. my suspect) and had listed to bring the following tools to the church:

Items to bring:

Post hole diggers
Hammers
Tape measures
Levels
Trowels

It is extremely interesting, that those items were readily available from Saturday the 16th on all the way through Wednesday the 20th. Some of these tools may have been used to murder MB. Also, this may have been a good opportunity to just have access to various tools on Monday early morning.

This would also explain the individual's confidence about the possibly non functional outdoor surveillance cams. He would also be familiar about where and how to get into the church and out again, without getting lost or panicky after the attach.

Sources include the local (church) organization's FB page, the Creekside Church website including the bulletins ( containing further information regarding rooms and #s at the church).

-Nin

Interesting! Good find!

Even if it wasn't a church member, but someone that had been doing some serious recon-- a stalker for example, could have used the tools and then left them there knowing there would be not be DNA evidence left behind.

Pehaps the 'cleaning up' was as simple as taking their tools brought to break in and leaving the borrowed tools.

If that is the case it worries me that it was so well-thought out to the point of not even bringing in the hammer (alleged murder weapon).

Regarding it being a church member -- hard to know if SP was acting unfamiliar or truly only knew parts of the church that they viewed on social media. Could have even been a camper or fellow instructor that had gone in to use only minimal facilities, but researched online or got info directly from Missy.

All opinions and speculation.

Ok this may be waaaaay out there...
But....
Did the church have service the Sunday night before MB was killed? I'm curious to know if there is someone who showed up for service but never left that night?

Could have done damage that morning to the door from the interior...

Respectfully BBM, Damage was done from the outside. JMHO from looking at various video of metal kitchen door

Creekside kitchen door 3.JPG

missy bevers TODAY 4 20 CHURCH SS 6.JPG

door glass.JPG

I suppose that the camera could have been triggered even by a wiggling door handle or a moving shadow on the floor underneath/behind the door... something just out of view in the perhaps cropped/zoomed images that we see.

I'd not think a church camera would be set w/that type sensitivity. You'd not want an alert for every little thing, like a doorknob, but would want humans wandering around at odd hours, which, obviously this one had no audible alert to anyone. Idk that much about the motion ones. I just found it odd and kinda wondered if someone else was in there and, had walked past, that we'd not been allowed to see.

Interesting! Good find!

Even if it wasn't a church member, but someone that had been doing some serious recon-- a stalker for example, could have used the tools and then left them there knowing their would be not be DNA evidence left behind.

Pehaps the 'cleaning up' was as simple as taking their tools brought to break in and leaving the borrowed tools.

If that is the case it worries me that it was so well-thought out to the point of not even bringing in the hammer (alleged murder weapon).

Regarding it being a church member -- hard to know if SP was acting unfamiliar or truly only knew parts of the church that they viewed on social media. Could have even been a camper or fellow instructor that had gone in to use only minimal facilities, but researched online or got info directly from Missy.

All opinions and speculation.

Graphic detail warning.

I'm still considering the "cleaning up" detail was removing a bullet that was shot and taking it with him/her.

JMOpinion, very open to change on this case.

or

Items to bring:

Post hole diggers
Hammers
Tape measures
Levels
Trowels

-Nin

Interesting..I see your POV on this but what about SP walking around and looking in every room? If your perp is a regular there then wouldn't he/she
know the layout of the church - do you think perp was searching the rooms to see if the tools for the playground project were in there?
Because otherwise, I don't understand if perp knows the church and is familiar with it he would be walking around looking in every door.

Just had a thought - if SP was that comfortable with the church...and the doors in the kitchen (no camera) are opened from the inside..
how crazy would it be for SP to hide up in the ceiling until everyone left. Wait till dark, crawl down and out the kitchen push doors and
no one would know. I know, down the rabbit hole...JMO

Respectfully BBM, Damage was done from the outside. JMHO from looking at various video of metal kitchen door
I wish they had surveillance of someone walking that church at anytime during the days leading up to the murder to see if they stashed a bag (the garb) somewhere in there...
Arriving with something and leaving with nothing...
I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out. Could explain the reason SP was dry from the rain.

Ah, yes. Sorry rsd - I see what you are asking. Ark-mimi is likely right. My guess would be they went to come out the door we see on the left (triggering cam) and then something caught their eye and they stepped back in the room to investigate. Maybe that is even the random rectangular box looking thing they are holding? Then came back out again before the cam had shut off. Some will actually set the time to record after motion to longer intervals (10-60 sec) for this very reason. The more you record after, the less you lose when motion starts.

Ark-mimi - do you know what room SP is walking out of in that portion of the video? Or what hall that is on the church diagram?

Thanks, I'm starting to lean more that way too. I thought of a 2nd assailant, or even MB walked by, while SP was in there. I've been trying to figure that room out as well. It kind of looks like storage based on the items on the floor but it's hard to say.

or

Items to bring:

Post hole diggers
Hammers
Tape measures
Levels
Trowels

-Nin

This is fabulous sleuthing! :clap:

or

Items to bring:

Post hole diggers
Hammers
Tape measures
Levels
Trowels

-Nin

Nin, please may I ask where you found that? I'd be very interested to know whether any of my POI's are on the member list!

I wish they had surveillance of someone walking that church at anytime during the days leading up to the murder to see if they stashed a bag (the garb) somewhere in there...
Arriving with something and leaving with nothing...
I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out. Could explain the reason SP was dry from the rain.

They very well may have as they have video from other days, just not that morning. We just are not privy to it. Much of what went on at the church we are not privy to. As it should be. JMHO. Stuff that posted by church is one thing but anything else is not the public business. LE is a different story.

or

Items to bring:

Post hole diggers
Hammers
Tape measures
Levels
Trowels

-Nin

Access to church keys.....can it be true that we never discussed that possibility in all these pages?! I don't recall such a discussion, but it's a good idea to consider. That could explain the rather randomness of breaking doors/windows....it was to cover the fact that the perp walked right in with a key.

I'm not sure I'm buying it yet, but I'm certainly considering it.

And, excellent sleuthing on the projects at the church that required those tools!

JMOpinion

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 47
I'm definitely leaning female now... A wife of someone enamored with Missy. Missy seems like she was famous in her hometown. She had a LOT of followers on FB - a lot! There is a country song about that too! The shoes definitely looked big on the perp. I think she probably borrowed the outfit from a man.

Just my opinion.

In an earlier post, I'd compared this to someone even possibly having some type of star struck stalker thing for MB. Kind of like those people who stalk (and sometimes murder) stars/singers. She wasn't famous like John Lennon, but for her little neck of the woods she was very well-known, seemed to have it all together, and had many friends. That is coveted by some. People will sometimes destroy what they covet only b/c they can't have it for themselves.

Graphic detail warning.

I'm still considering the "cleaning up" detail was removing a bullet that was shot and taking it with him/her.

JMOpinion, very open to change on this case.

I remember reading that theory very early on and I am pretty sure it was here, but then it didn't come up again until recently. Did you read that somewhere or remember anyone talking about that, or did you just come up with that yourself?

It it is very possible. I don't discount anything at this point. It would make me rethink my positions for sure. SP is already a cold killer IMO, but that takes it to another level of coldness to me. Would seem to be all about pulling off an efficient or perfect crime scene/murder.

I remember reading that theory very early on and I am pretty sure it was here, but then it didn't come up again until recently. Did you read that somewhere or remember anyone talking about that, or did you just come up with that yourself?

It it is very possible. I don't discount anything at this point. It would make me rethink my positions for sure. SP is already a cold killer IMO, but that takes it to another level of coldness to me. Would seem to be all about pulling off an efficient or perfect crime scene/murder.

I read it here, not an original idea of mine and I don't recall reading it MSM. Speculation only, part of brainstorming process.

JMOpinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member