TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may mean a T/O (time out) not O/T- overtime. Sounds like the cocktail was needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Off topic.. not over time.

Sent from my LGAS323 using Tapatalk

Something puzzles me from an early report including video, about the murder. https://youtu.be/NSJ8rb_oj30 Just after the 0:49 mark in that video, we see the damaged condition of the door, right after the murder, and it's supposedly where/how the perp broke in. We see where the glass was broken out, that the perp theoretically (a) smashed, (b) reached through, and then (c) opened the door from the inside.

I am wondering, however - why would there have been large extensive damage marks around the handle? Here's a pic showing how it still looks today.

attachment.php

Is this prior damage? It sure doesn't seem to fit with someone whose plan was just smashing out the window, reaching through, opening the door from the inside, and getting in that way.

Attachments

• 20160526_192836_001.jpg
    20160526_192836_001.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 678
"Notice, that a local religious organization belonging to Creekside Church was getting ready forcleaning/ fixing the playground area outside the church and a major cleanup of the interior of the church beginning on Saturday morning, April 16th (playground) and Wednesday, April 20th, inside the church."

I'm wondering if what was discovered is a cleanup schedule that began on Tuesday, Apr 16th (2013), with the big finale on Saturday, April 20th (2013). Having the big ending day on Saturday, when more people can be available to help, is way more logical imo, and also fits with how churches typically do their "everybody help" work projects. And the links found by others support that idea as well.

You are completely right and I am going to eat dirt..this is what I found and I assumed it was this year!

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2602e10f5b7a6f5f245646997&id=5e609abf3f

Are they still active at the church? Does anyone know?

So, to be clear, the cleaning took place 2 years ago. I am still wondering though, who is cleaning the church and when. The wrong date does not change anything about my poi. Only difference is, those tool were not brought in that last weekend prior to MB's death. Making sure everyone understands I made a mistake with the date.

Thanks!

-Nin

Something puzzles me from an early report including video, about the murder. https://youtu.be/NSJ8rb_oj30 Just after the 0:49 mark in that video, we see the damaged condition of the door, right after the murder, and it's supposedly where/how the perp broke in. We see where the glass was broken out, that the perp theoretically (a) smashed, (b) reached through, and then (c) opened the door from the inside.

I am wondering, however - why would there have been large extensive damage marks around the handle? Here's a pic showing how it still looks today.

attachment.php

Is this prior damage? It sure doesn't seem to fit with someone whose plan was just smashing out the window, reaching through, opening the door from the inside, and getting in that way.
It fits with the perps staginging a robbery and nothing more. They would need breach the door from the hinges as push bar doors lock from the inside. Its not a simple push of the bar normally, I cant say here but most have a hex key or star key that opens them from the inside

You are completely right and I am going to eat dirt..this is what I found and I assumed it was this year!

So, to be clear, the cleaning took place 2 years ago. I am still wondering though, who is cleaning the church and when. The wrong date does not change anything about my poi. Only difference is, those tool were not brought in that last weekend prior to MB's death. Making sure everyone understands I made a mistake with the date.

Thanks for the effort anyhow. As to the tools question, if this church is like the churches I've attended in the same general area (southern Dallas county), no tools would have been left there at any time anyhow. "Bring your own tools" means exactly that, because the church is not a remodeling company with tools to do such things. IOW, when it's time to try to fix the place up, there are no tools at the church, so people have to come with their own tools to get the work done, they might share them with others while they are there doing the work, and then they take their tools home at the end of the day.

Thanks!

-Nin

Phew, I thought I was going mad earlier and was searching for an updated version for this years clean up! Might be worth getting a mod to edit the original post and replies, unfortunately it's too late to delete mine but it might confuse people.

Shame, would have been an amazing scoop!

Chaching....! Not to make light... its damn near inconceivable. I've been on so many calls, with so many weapons from gasoline to high powered rifles, skrew drivers, a feying pan, list goes on. This peron, in this get up, intended to murder Missy and was capable of doing it aside from the body protection. They were very confident or so psychotically enraged. She was going to die. Which leads me ti a man

I really don't know much about this case but when I saw the video of SP my immediate thought was he didn't disguise himself in an ill fitted monkey suit as part of some master plan to rip off a church & speed away with the loot. The dude (IMO a dude) was barely able to ambulate in that ridiculous getup, let alone fill his pockets or carry anything of value - or anything at all. In my opinion, his Power Ranger costume was meant to conceal his identity from the intended target and to protect himself from secondary injury. Her murder was a rage killing. It was personal, it was purposeful and it was intentional. And it will be solved.‎

It fits with the perps staginging a robbery and nothing more. They would need breach the door from the hinges as push bar doors lock from the inside. Its not a simple push of the bar normally, I cant say here but most have a hex key or star key that opens them from the inside

Thats why I don't get this whole set up. But of course I could be wrong. Push bars are set for fire code. They have to be disengaged durring opperating hours. Which means they would have been engaged when perp entered that door

Thats why I don't get this whole set up. But of course I could be wrong. Push bars are set for fire code. They have to be disengaged durring opperating hours. Which means they would have been engaged when perp entered that door

I.e. ya can't just push it open or breach the outdoor lock

What I find most strange in this pic is the facing right side of the lock area. If in fact they beat it to the 45 degree angle, which shows marks on the left side, why isn't that door lock/handle showing damage?

What I find most strange in this pic is the facing right side of the lock area. If in fact they beat it to the 45 degree angle, which shows marks on the left side, why isn't that door lock/handle showing damage?

That's the replacement. The exterior handle was pried off.

Incidentally, I disagree about the panic bar. The door can be opened from the inside when locked, in my experience.

I.e. ya can't just push it open or breach the outdoor lock

Don't know for sure, but that may be why he had to take off that exterior handle. The locks for all fire doors would've been set by the night custodian when the church was closed for the night (even if the interior sets were left unlocked). I'm wondering if, in order to unlock the panic hardware, perp took the outside handle off in order to reach inside the hole with a tool and manually pull down and disengage the locking pin that goes up into the top of the doorframe?

This back fire door apparently had panic hardware with concealedvertical locking pins which meant perp had to access them via the removed exterior handle's hole (see church door photo). Many fire doors have 'surface' locking pins (not concealed inside the hollow metal door). Photos for comparison:

Other panic doors with surface (visible) locking pins (images from Jackson door site and http://www.locksmithledger.com/article/10774876/exit-device-basics):

image.jpg image.jpg

Creekside Church fire door with concealed locking pins (pins not visible):

image.jpg

ETA one last thought...not sure why Swatperp bothered, frankly, if he was just going to break the back glass doors and kitchen window, anyway. Completely doesn't make sense unless he was going out of his way to try to appear to be a vandal rather than a murderer.

That's the replacement. The exterior handle was pried off.

Incidentally, I disagree about the panic bar. The door can be opened from the inside when locked, in my experience.
Great, can you please ref. Your info as to the replacement. TIA.

I think any person related to MB who you can show motive for is a viable poi. For the motive, do you have something that leads you to believe this person was involved with some sort of shady activity?

Very interesting on the list of tools they requested to have at the church during that time frame. It could also explain the weird object that randomly appears in SPs left hand at the end of the MPD surveillance video.

It could be a small level.

Quick Q, Is there any evidence to suggest MB was shot?

The only thing I remember, and it was mentioned very early in the thread was:

The ATF was called in shortly after the crime occurred, and speculation was a firearm had been used.

Otherwise, we keep talking about the possibility, and I do think it was possible.

IMHO

Phew, I thought I was going mad earlier and was searching for an updated version for this years clean up! Might be worth getting a mod to edit the original post and replies, unfortunately it's too late to delete mine but it might confuse people.

Shame, would have been an amazing scoop!
It still does not negate the relevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members