TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, can you please ref. Your info as to the replacement. TIA.

Sent from my LGAS323 using Tapatalk

Something puzzles me from an early report including video, about the murder. https://youtu.be/NSJ8rb_oj30 Just after the 0:49 mark in that video, we see the damaged condition of the door, right after the murder, and it's supposedly where/how the perp broke in. We see where the glass was broken out, that the perp theoretically (a) smashed, (b) reached through, and then (c) opened the door from the inside.

I am wondering, however - why would there have been large extensive damage marks around the handle? Here's a pic showing how it still looks today.

attachment.php

Is this prior damage? It sure doesn't seem to fit with someone whose plan was just smashing out the window, reaching through, opening the door from the inside, and getting in that way.

The photos of the door with missing exterior handle (published immediately after Missy's murder) have been posted here numerous times on previous threads. The photo posted today by SteveS shows an obviously shiny new handle on an obviously gouged door. So the reference to my info is observation and logic.

Graphic detail warning.

I'm still considering the "cleaning up" detail was removing a bullet that was shot and taking it with him/her.

JMOpinion, very open to change on this case.

I had someone suggest that as part of a scenario that is very graphic and disturbing. Whether or not its true we don't know. JMO

Access to church keys.....can it be true that we never discussed that possibility in all these pages?! I don't recall such a discussion, but it's a good idea to consider. That could explain the rather randomness of breaking doors/windows....it was to cover the fact that the perp walked right in with a key.

I'm not sure I'm buying it yet, but I'm certainly considering it.

And, excellent sleuthing on the projects at the church that required those tools!

JMOpinion

Well I have thought that when the Perp tried to open the door and had trouble doing so, it appeared to me that they had keys in their hand. Watch the video, when he/she approaches the door they take something that looks like keys and make a motion like they are unlocking or rather TRYING to unlock the door. Without success.

Well I have thought that when the Perp tried to open the door and had trouble doing so, it appeared to me that they had keys in their hand. Watch the video, when he/she approaches the door they take something that looks like keys and make a motion like they are unlocking or rather TRYING to unlock the door. Without success.
I agree 100% I see them try.

I have, and have zoomed it also, and I just don't see the door jarring. I'm coming to grips that SP came down the hall and went into the room, and that segment was clipped, but the camera was still on delay recording as SP came back out of the door, and we are allowed to see that.

I am sorry, what I said was the camera was jarring while SP was striking the wall... didn't mean the door. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I have never posted anything before. But, I did notice on church's website there was a meeting the night before in the kitchen at 5:00 p.m.

It may be someone that he loves. He almost seemed more pained in his interview with Richard Ray, when he spoke about the perp. The fallout from this may be more painful than the actual loss of his wife. JMO

I agree. He knows and it would be very heart wrenching for him to revel who it is. Missy is gone and if he tells what he suspects or knows then that person will pretty much be lost too. He has a very strong connection to this person imo

I agree. He knows and it would be very heart wrenching for him to revel who it is. Missy is gone and if he tells what he suspects or knows then that person will pretty much be lost too. He has a very strong connection to this person imo

Bingo! Occum's razor.

No doubt.

Being that SteveS posted it, you should probably ask him. He stated that his photo depicts the door as it looks today. If he took the photo himself and uploaded it, the only link you'll get is to his original post.

I think that one of the reasons that P Schulte thought that too much may have been made to the public about affairs is because immediately (and before) the SW was published, a lot of people interested in the case jumped on the "scorned wife" bandwagon, including me. It was (I think) friends and family of BB (and BB, himself) who first offered "affair" insight to investigators. While there may have been some documentation offered (FB), the bias may have been there re: Missy, from the beginning. But "scorned wives or SO's" may not be perp at all. JMO

I remember seeing a post on FB where Missy was thanking someone who took BB to his surgery. Don't remember who though

That's the replacement. The exterior handle was pried off.

Incidentally, I disagree about the panic bar. The door can be opened from the inside when locked, in my experience.

Yes, that's the daytime-locked situation (it's confusing). Panic bars open from the inside during the day even when panic hardware is locked from the outside. That's so during operating hours a building can be secure, but people can flee in a 'panic' situation.

But at night, they are locked differently, so that they won't open from outside OR inside (even if door's window is breached and someone tries to press the interior panic hardware bar).

Moral of the story, don't get locked in at night by the janitor and then set a fire (unless you plan on breaking out glass doors or windows...)

What I find most strange in this pic is the facing right side of the lock area. If in fact they beat it to the 45 degree angle, which shows marks on the left side, why isn't that door lock/handle showing damage?

Respectfully BBM. It is a new door lock handle. JMHO orig was beat from right side - knocking to the left as the scratches on the door show. also where the handle would have scratched. It is the same height as the one prior (judging by the scratches but I am wondering if this door handle/lock is a different style maybe than the one prior? looking at the hole in the door (realizing this is zoomed in news video then a ss, so distorted a bit) beside Steve S photo
Creekside kitchen door 3.JPG

creekside door new handle steve s pic june 10.JPG Steve S photo http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-27&p=12620247#post12620247

If the poster took the photo themselves and posted it, where would they get a link?

I'm sure Steve will be a long to inform you. He's mentioned he knows the church.

If the poster took the photo themselves and posted it, where would they get a link?

I'm sure Steve will be a long to inform you. He's mentioned he knows the church.
Thank you Sparky,

Maybe SteveS could tell us when, why, and how he took it. Specifically when?

I believe SteveS's photo came from an updated news article (at least that's where I've seen it - repairs were made to the church at this point). That's a new handle on the same old door. Panic hardware isn't cheap (about $1,000 or more per set was the tag on those I viewed tonight), so it stands to reason only the door handle would be new. Door itself is still an operable fire door.

I hope he took more than one photo. I know that inside photos would be appreciated.

MB was in top physical condition. I have trouble believing the swatperp in their cumbersome outfit could subdue her without a heck of a battle. I think something was used to immobilize her which LE has not made public. jmo
Because of this exact fact - that she was in peak condition and would most likely have not given up easily, I believe the perp isn't wearing anything oversized to disguise themselves. I believe they are wearing the clothing to lessen the chances of scratches, bruising and other DNA catching defense mechanisms. I think the perp knew they were going in for battle and dressed as such. I still lean towards male.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena