TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that is very possible too. I was actually going to ask if that was something you all discussed early on when there was talk if SP knew the church well or not. SP's reaction when they open the dutch doors. Do you think that is surprise when they look up (like they expected it to be a full door), or just looking up because the helmet is bothering their field of vision?

I think that s/he is just looking up to see if there is a latch at the top of the upper door (since it didn't open straight away). S/he had to tip her/his entire head back because of the helmet & its visor, which blocked the view from merely trying to glance upward.

My guess would be that s/he was not real familiar with the church's setup, though.

If I blow it up anymore it becomes distorted.
attachment.php

Haha! Indian on horseback with a spear. Thats my final answer.

Yeah, that is very possible too. I was actually going to ask if that was something you all discussed early on when there was talk if SP knew the church well or not. SP's reaction when they open the dutch doors. Do you think that is surprise when they look up (like they expected it to be a full door), or just looking up because the helmet is bothering their field of vision?
Surprised

Anyone know of the SW POI is connected to a Firefighter or The Firehouse?

Didn't MPD answer the question by saying that the owner never came forward? They did not say that they don't know who the owner of the Altima is.JMO

Correctamundo. And I want to believe they know damn well whose car it is and have dropped enough heavy hints (both publicly and privately) for that person to 'fess up, and they know that person knows about the appeal and has kept schtum, and that will form part of the trial.

It does seem weird that they have not released any enhanced or alternative pictures of the vehicle / plate / sticker and it hasn't really been mentioned again, makes me wonder if it was strategically aimed at one person to see if they had a valid reason for being there.

Great job, Sparky! Thank you! :loveyou: I think we do have a winner! The symbol is not a decal. It is permanently formed into the manufactured plate.

3b77d3f73b59742412f393cd0d264b14_M.jpg

http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/lice...-plates/item/358-fireprotectionpersonnel?ml=1

JMHO The image that LEO released was not the best they could have released. It took me a while to determine if the Altima was a sedan or not. That is why the edges appear scalloped. They know. That is why they edited the tag area before releasing the image to the public.
I wonder if the unsub was dropped off or borrowed the vehicle.

I think we're talking about two different decals. There seems to be one to the left of the plate. The one I posted a pic is below the plate on the bumper.

Anyone know if anyone on the SW has a light colored Altima (without naming names.) I haven't found a connection yet. I did see photos of a light colored car with Missy. But I doubt it's her car.
Sorry if this breaks TOS. If so please disregard and delete.

Wouldn't necessarily be a SW target number.....LE said a long time ago that they were looking beyond the SW peeps. I think Cagney is right, LE may well know who owns the car but not who was driving it and neither have come forth to tell them. JMO

Wouldn't necessarily be a SW target number.....LE said a long time ago that they were looking beyond the SW peeps. I think Cagney is right, LE may well know who owns the car but not who was driving it and neither have come forth to tell them. JMO

But if police knew whose car it was wouldn't they go to the person and question him or her? Not that we would know about it if LE chose not to reveal it - or maybe the person refused to speak to police. Just adding this because I think if LE knew they would go talk to the person.

But if police knew whose car it was wouldn't they go to the person and question him or her? Not that we would know about it if LE chose not to reveal it - or maybe the person refused to speak to police. Just adding this because I think if LE knew they would go talk to the person.

Unless they were trying to trip them up?

Scenario: they KNOW this car belongs to the spouse / child of a serving or ex LE / firefighter. They are wondering why this person has not come forward. They know the person is aware of the appeal for the car and it suggests they are hiding something. Of course the car owner might not have any idea their car was used that night.

I just can't believe that blurry photo is the best they have, when it seems the vehicle drove past several other cameras to get round the back. It's a gun store, with around 30 cameras*, you'd think they'd be good quality given the nature of the business, I know it was raining heavily, but...

*source: a local who drove round it recently, don't ask for a link, it was in a previous thread somewhere.

Scenario: they KNOW this car belongs to the spouse / child of a serving or ex LE / firefighter. They are wondering why this person has not come forward. They know the person is aware of the appeal for the car and it suggests they are hiding something. Of course the car owner might not have any idea their car was used that night.

I just can't believe that blurry photo is the best they have, when it seems the vehicle drove past several other cameras to get round the back. It's a gun store, with around 30 cameras*, you'd think they'd be good quality given the nature of the business, I know it was raining heavily, but...

*source: a local who drove round it recently, don't ask for a link, it was in a previous thread somewhere.

Good points. And I agree that LE must have better pic(s).

I "think" many came to the conclusion this was at the front, actually one of the spots very close to where you turn in. I wonder how long the car was parked there. If it was like 10-20 min and the cameras never see anyone exit the car, I would be more likely to assume it was someone grabbing late night Whataburger and stopping to eat. If anyone at all ever gets in or out, they are there a really long time, etc I would be more suspicious. Ah, to be LE and have all this video footage!

I think that they would INVESTIGATE the person, but not directly confront them and force them to lawyer-up. Just me, but if they made someone paranoid enough, they couldn't get any info from them via social media etc. They (LE) are being careful not to scare potential perps. JMO (I am hoping that this won't double post again.If so, delete.. MY PC is screwy.)

It would make sense to me too. However, it also reminds me of the Dan Markel case in Florida, there is a forum here on WS, where LE asked for help in identifying the owner of a specific car. We did not hear any other news regarding this car as our sleuthers worked for months to find it. Lo and behold, almost two years later, LE announces an arrest. LE did track the car down which led to an unbelievable trail that included a hit man, a Gang King Pin, and perhaps involvement from ex-wife's family. This is all new news.

This leads me to believe if this Altima is local or close proximity it is hidden somewhere that LE can't find. I think LE does not want to tip their hand at this point because there are still pieces not resolved. Therefore, they have not gone directly to the owner.

IF LE knows the owner, my bet is that owner, family, and friends are under 24-hour surveillance. Most people don't have an extra car that they can just hide and not drive.

And then again, the car may be from another part of Texas.

My opinions only.

I've been giving some thought as to why the unsub thought it was acceptable to kill Missy inside a Church on holy grounds.

One benefit was an opportunity to murder without the husband or children being around. That was obviously important to the killer.

With all of the protective gear and intensive planning involved, the unsub wanted desperately to get away without being caught for killing this lovely lady.

If the unsub wanted to end Missy's lifestyle of infidelities then s/he may have thought, in a twisted way, that God would consider the murder as acceptable punishment.

I think that they would INVESTIGATE the person, but not directly confront them and force them to lawyer-up. Just me, but if they made someone paranoid enough, they couldn't get any info from them via social media etc. They (LE) are being careful not to scare potential perps. JMO (I am hoping that this won't double post again.If so, delete.. MY PC is screwy.)

I'm still open to the possibility that this car or its plates are stolen or was taken. The way MPD answered the question certainly left that door open. I always "hear" Siri's voice whenever MPD answers a question. They said the DRIVER of the car has not come forward...

Why do you think the lower edge looks scalloped? Distortion or part of the design?

The scallops are caused by a mathematical algorithm - bicubic interpolation of an enlarged digital pixel. The computer algorithm is mapping a blob-shaped estimation (false data) in order to fill in missing data on the enlarged image of the original image. It's based on "nearest neighbor" pixels. So basically, those scallop-shaped blobs are false data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amps