TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I'm so thrilled to be here and corresponding with some of you. I've admired all of your posts from afar for a while now.
I've always believed that every reporter worth a darn knows more than he/she reports. So I do think there is a possibility that reporter(s) are working in concert with LE. However, I was willing to buy that more a few weeks ago. And if that were true, I would have thought more "tips" -- or sentences that started with "Law enforcement sources believe ...." -- would have been leaked from LE to those reporter(s). At this moment, I don't see much gamesmanship, so to speak, from LE, aside from the answers that are so carefully crafted. (For example, the Nissan driver hasn't "come forward.")
Just to be clear: Regardless of a media outlet's relationship with LE, IMO there is nothing to keep a reporter from sleuthing various angles of this case, including the questions/ideas I listed. LE might even appreciate it. :)

:Welcome1:

I have to admit~~I admire my fellow sleuthers too and what they can dig up and find! Absolutely amazing!! I consider myself a novice compared to the many talented sleuthers here!! IIRC, docu-series coming out in October 2016 on network channel about all the awesome work the amazing sleuthers do here!! Here is to all of you!!! :toast:

In any event, thanks for joining us and giving us your perspective!

First of all, I'm so thrilled to be here and corresponding with some of you. I've admired all of your posts from afar for a while now.
I've always believed that every reporter worth a darn knows more than he/she reports. So I do think there is a possibility that reporter(s) are working in concert with LE. However, I was willing to buy that more a few weeks ago. And if that were true, I would have thought more "tips" -- or sentences that started with "Law enforcement sources believe ...." -- would have been leaked from LE to those reporter(s). At this moment, I don't see much gamesmanship, so to speak, from LE, aside from the answers that are so carefully crafted. (For example, the Nissan driver hasn't "come forward.")
Just to be clear: Regardless of a media outlet's relationship with LE, IMO there is nothing to keep a reporter from sleuthing various angles of this case, including the questions/ideas I listed. LE might even appreciate it. :)

Great post! I assume that LE has somehow silenced the campers who found her body even though details immediately leaked out locally. Still I am surprised after this time no media interview of him and other campers, close friends, nothing more from the fitness club owner. Like you said, shows LE and media working together.

Just wondering -- why would you assume that by family her in-laws were not included? Put another way, do you not think that her in-laws are devastated as well?

It is not my interpretation of what LE stated, just my interpretation of the original poster focused on and why. I automatically think that the phrase "Missy's family" includes everyone related to her by blood or marriage and who were on the SW. But, LE could have very carefully worded the statement with the intent to exclude the family by marriage; I think this is what the original poster was hinting towards. Could have. I can't get into LE's collective brain and determine what is 'really' meant in any announcement. OP had a interesting interpretation.

My thoughts in green. I feel like I need to say this on every post discussing SP - but I really don't have a solid SP suspect in mind. These notes are purely my interpretation of events.

I thought your post was very insightful especially since we know that there were many "coincidences" in this case. Good sleuthing! I think I'm allowed to state that all of these coincidences of the sudden FB "check-in's" & the bucket list fishing trip when BB seemed to be recovering from a colon problem seem to be at best fishy (pardon the pun) If his alibi is verified, doesn't mean that a carefully planned out hit wasn't orchestrated here. I have followed this since day one and don't want to believe that BB did this, but I'm from the school of -if it walks like a duck...
I'm just praying that LE is being thorough in building their case and an arrest is coming soon. It is hard to prosecute a circumstancial case without a lot of real evidence, but not impossible.
If the local law enforcement are reading this, thank you for for work to bring justice for Missy. Her loved ones deserve it!

:welcome6:

I agree with you, it doesn't appear that the media is working on the sidelines with LE. If the other agencies working on the case weren't involved I think much more would be leaked.

I have pics of rear in my possession, yes. But nothing I have would indicate what pic LE may have or where it was snapped from. Personally, I don't think it came from a church-exterior cam, and it was said to be in the distance, so I've concluded it was either a hazy peripheral distant image from SWFA cams, or was somehow from an interior cam that got triggered somehow and got a glimpse of the exterior in the background. That latter would mean one of the cams focused on the front entrance or looking down the front hall of the building (perhaps looking N and seeing the perp vehicle drive by to the back).

Sorry, my post was not clear at all. I forgot about the car seen in the distance on camera footage (from some unknown camera?) the morning of the murder.

In asking about the car, I meant the Nissan, the photo of which supposedly came from the car being in the gun store parking lot, and being on the gun store surveillance cams. But if LE might not always be truthful in what they publicly reveal, then I wondered if the surveillance cam photo of the Nissan might have actually been taken from an "intermittently working" outdoor surveillance camera at the church the early morning of the murder. I wondered if the "walls" I see in front of the car and to the left side (sorta), could be the rock walls of the church building, because it appears that the rock portion goes higher up the walls of the church at the rear of the building where the trash enclosure is than it does elsewhere. And the rain could maybe make the rock walls look not so rocky in a surveillance photo.

Which is why I wondered about any rear-view photos you might have.

So if LE always tells the truth in public statements, then this is a moot question, as LE said the Nissan was in gun store parking lot, and outdoor cams at church were not functioning the night of the murder.

Sorry, my post was not clear at all. I forgot about the car seen in the distance on camera footage (from some unknown camera?) the morning of the murder.

In asking about the car, I meant the Nissan, the photo of which supposedly came from the car being in the gun store parking lot, and being on the gun store surveillance cams. But if LE might not always be truthful in what they publicly reveal, then I wondered if the surveillance cam photo of the Nissan might have actually been taken from an "intermittently working" outdoor surveillance camera at the church the early morning of the murder. I wondered if the "walls" I see in front of the car and to the left side (sorta), could be the rock walls of the church building, because it appears that the rock portion goes higher up the walls of the church at the rear of the building where the trash enclosure is than it does elsewhere. And the rain could maybe make the rock walls look not so rocky in a surveillance photo.

Which is why I wondered about any rear-view photos you might have.

So if LE always tells the truth in public statements, then this is a moot question, as LE said the Nissan was in gun store parking lot, and outdoor cams at church were not functioning the night of the murder.

I don't currently have a post to reference for this, but in a previous thread, it was fairly solidly established that the car was in the gun store parking lot, stopped at the exit back to the main road, with the white line of the road, curvature of the entrance, and portion of the heli pad marking identified. I don't speak for everyone, but there's little doubt in my mind that this is true.

Hi Roadrunner - have you watched the MPD extended video starting at around 1:55. I thought multi-tool or trowel or something when looking at the pictures on here, but I clearly see something more rectangular when I watch the full 10 seconds of video all together.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

I agree it appears rectangular, and appears to not be solid, or is edged in white / metal. The perp's fingers appear to be laced through their, as though it's not solid. Someone mentioned a tool earlier. Also, to me, it bears a resemblance to a folded up tripod, for a camera . jmo

ETA: Don't I remember LE stating something to the effect they believe the perp may have photographed / videoed the crime ? :thinking:

Hi all...I am new here as well. I joined just to follow this case. Being a pastor, it's mind blowing that a crime like this would take place in a church. Your comments and insights have been great to follow...thanks.

Welcome PastorPhil.... Reminds me of The Four Christmases. :D :welcome:

I agree it appears rectangular, and appears to not be solid, or is edged in white / metal. The perp's fingers appear to be laced through their, as though it's not solid. Someone mentioned a tool earlier. Also, to me, it bears a resemblance to a folded up tripod, for a camera . jmo

ETA: Don't I remember LE stating something to the effect they believe the perp may have photographed / videoed the crime ? :thinking:

It is stated in the SW that there is a possibility that the crime of murder against Missy was photographed or videoed. See page 3 under probable cause.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/311723138/ATT-Warrant-Dated-April-25

Thanks for the welcoming!! I have been following this case since day 1 and as another poster said, I'm both fascinated and horrified by it. I can't imagine anything more frightening for the victim to endure.
I have one question, unless I missed it, I didn't hear any talk of polygraph tests in this case?
Also, I was convinced Swatperp was female until I saw the pictures posted by my fellow sleuthers of the outside doors. I don't believe (and I am a feminist!:hearno:) that the average woman could have the strength or knowledge of locks, etc.to do that damage.

I have noticed there has been silence of late from LE and MSM, I sincerely hope that this case is not going cold. Hope there will be a press conference (or an arrest) by the 2 month anniversary. Justice for Missy, justice for Orlando.

Hi DeDee, I can appreciate your post and links very much. Especially b/c there is some question about a public post made by a possible POI in this case. I did not read their post, and I am sure we cannot go into detail who wrote it. But I guess that is the main reason I am jumping in here with my opinion.

In general, I do not think modern people have much of a grasp on the very,very deeply rooted concept of human "scapegoating". It is so very prevalent in our so called modern-society, made even worse by the concept of "political correctness". If that sounds like an oxymoron, I would encourage a re-think. Just because we don't have a society where virgins are sacrificed at the edge of volcanoes, or animals are not riitualistcally placed on altars, or other drastic practices - I really do think that most people in our society ar oblivious to the very REAL psychological principle of SCAPEGOATING. Scapegoating happens all the time on an emotional level even without murder, even without physical maiming, even without any conscious awareness by perpetrators.

Basically put, when one casts blame on another and inflicts punishment - are they not essentially scapegoating? Who gets to decide if the blaming or scapegoating is justified or not? Well, in scapegoating fashion, the scapegoater decides for him/herself. They take it upon theirself to dish out punishment or revenge and then decide what will make theirself feel better, feel RELIEVED of the sin, or badness. Sorta human nature, but most of us learn that is not the path. I must shut up now, this is too philosophical, leaning too much toward religious beliefs.

My point, in conclusion, is that there need not be some sort of conscious belief or practice about so called "sacrifices" for these things to be happening in periphery of this case. People do odd things when faced with extraordinary emotional circumstances. Odd coincidences tend to happen also. We don't have time to spend a lifetime trying to understand these things in a case such as this. Many years from now, yes, it all might make sense. But for now, I think it is very speculative to consider - for this case to go to court to prosecute the killer, it will take hard facts.

We all know this deep down. So, of course it is only natural for people to wonder about the scapegoat principle....

Peace

CorallaroC, thank you for your kind and thoughtful response that was carefully written.

I suppose the word scapegoating is preferred to most people rather than the implications of a "ritual" and that is fine with me for the basic idea is clear either way. I opted for the term ritual b/c the murder occurred in a Church; however, I am aware of rituals taken place outdoors and other places as well. Bohemian Grove comes to mind even though they do not sacrifice animals or humans, afaik. In fact, during one Bohemian Grove meeting, the "Manhattan Project" was developed that led to the atomic bomb.

Odd coincidences? James Kolar, currently serving as Town Marshall of Telluride, CO, authored a book on the JonBenet Ramsey murder and once said: (paraphrasing) "There are no coincidences, only clues."

May Peace also be with you.

In asking about the car, I meant the Nissan, the photo of which supposedly came from the car being in the gun store parking lot, and being on the gun store surveillance cams.

Ah. I thought the Nissan was facing a building wall too, but as it turns out, this pic shows about what we saw from LE. It's taken from a couple feet to the right of the actual exit cam at SWFA, and the top of the "wall" as it turned out was the center median, outlined on top by the far side of the divided road that looks like a line in the picture.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20169904.jpg
    20169904.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20169904.jpg
    20169904.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 405
Ah. I thought the Nissan was facing a building wall too, but as it turns out, this pic shows about hat we saw from LE. It's taken from a couple feet to the right of the actual exit cam at SWFA, and the top of the "wall" as it turned out was the center median, outlined on top by the far side of the divided road that looks like a line in the picture.

attachment.php

I feel it's worth noting that if you are parked right there at the exit you are in perfect position to watch for a plane landing a few hundred yards right in front of you. Do any websleuths have knowledge about cameras recording activity after hours at the airport?

The topic of obtaining access via the kitchen door has some interesting ramifications, that I don't think were discussed at all. Again here's a picture of the resulting damage to the handle area, with perhaps the hardware having to be replaced (and at the time of the pic, already having been done).

Those ramifications are:
1 There have been many theories proposed here as to exactly how the access was obtained (bash this way or that, pry the hinges, pry hardware off, lever the door, etc). But even without knowing which of those (if any) is accurate, don't we conclude that access required far more work than a simple "smash-reach-open from the inside" quickie, as suggested early on by LE? (Maybe LE didn't tell us what they were thinking, or maybe they've amended their thinking since that early statement, or ...)
2 In that vein, did the perp come here thinking like LE did, figuring this was an easy access situation (via a "smash-reach-open from the inside" quickie) that then didn't happen?
3 Is it possible that there were multiple attempts required at this door? IOW did the perp go to the door with a hammer to bash the window, did so and then reached inside to push the bar and found it wouldn't open that way, and then had to go back to his vehicle (which I presume was parked back behind the building out of sight) for more tools?
4 If so, his path would have led down this wall (see pic below) - and might explain why the windows (the first ones down this wall) were broken. Maybe it wasn't totally random, or staging a scene, but instead a case of perp being pissed that accessing the door wasn't easy, and he was having to go back to his vehicle in the rain for more tools, and the anger had him using hammer in hand to bash in some windows as he went by. Or maybe those windows were initially considered as a possible access alternative, but then the glass was too jagged and windows too high to allow easy enough access without getting cut up.

5 Assuming there was a much more difficult access, we learn some truths.
a The use of a pry bar, and hammering things, and all that entailed, would have required some considerable strength. That might narrow some of the possibilities for the perp.
b With extended time at the door, plus perhaps a walk back to the vehicle to retrieve bigger/different tools, perp was most likely there quite a bit earlier than we have considered, with it taking quite a while to get in. Are we looking at someone who made a 3:15 arrival, perhaps, rather than 3:45?
c We are also looking at perp spending a CONSIDERABLE amount of time in heavy rain, trying to access the building, and perhaps having to walk back to vehicle at some point. Once inside, either perp was drenched from head to toe, or perp had been wearing rainproof clothing while outside.
6 Could "swat gear" have had a dual purpose as rainproof outerwear? And if so, does that limit what it might have been, or alter our thinking to know it was worn all along?

(Footnote to avoid distractions - pics are taken since the murder, and I own the copyright to them)

<snipped pics for space and BBM>
I came back and read this again because you have brought up some good points and tipped me towards SW being a male - you and
Batbrat's animation really put a dent in my thinking SW was a female.

Also, in my mind, it ruled out a trained person in LE, firefighters etc because I think they would have had knowledge on how those doors
worked. I made the mistake of thinking that the perp could leave the building in the middle of the night but no, from your explanation that
door would have been locked from the inside. So I'm thinking even if SW was trained and had knowledge of how those doors worked
he wouldn't have had to break other windows trying to find a way in. And, the window that was broken looked kind of high up so (to me)
someone who is on the tallER side would have to be able to reach in and open that door from the inside.
Suggesting this took a considerable amount of strength was a good point for me as well.

I'm still perplexed on the perp appearing to be completely dry, unless as you suggest there was some rain gear but that would be one more
wet and sizeable item to have to dispose of.

Along with Batbrat's ani, your post sure gave my pause...to rethink some things.

I wonder if one of the WS graphic experts can measure the length?

Hi Roadrunner - have you watched the MPD extended video starting at around 1:55. I thought multi-tool or trowel or something when looking at the pictures on here, but I clearly see something more rectangular when I watch the full 10 seconds of video all together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY

RSBM

hrdp_0812_04_z%2Bmopar_b_motor%2Bross_piston.jpg

Image from www.hotrod.com This is not the item but something similiar, IMHO.

Whatever the item is, the perp is gripping it which leads me to believe it was intended to be a weapon as much as the hammer. In addition, there is a 6"-8" multi-task tool someone posted an image of earlier but it was stored, at times, in one of the pockets of the vest or cargo pants.

JMOHO

ETA: rodee34's SS
attachment.php

It still looks like a guy standing in front of a vehicle like a bus or firetruck to me.
I clearly see a star and almost looks like a Dallas Cowboys helmet with their star similar to one attached with something else on each side of it, maybe pom-pom or stars?
50af05297c2b286e08443d844ea654ff.jpg

Not always. Sometimes romantic interest stalkers have a fixation where they worship or idealize their victim. They believe by killing them they are "saving" them, either from their own behavior or unworthy others.

As we saw this weekend with "The Voice" singer Christina Grimmie's murder, infatuated fans can be completely irrational (and as far as they can tell, there never was any communication between the two. Just nuts. The personalized nature of MB's seems a little different, but nuts is as nuts does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat