TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SteveK, et all... regarding the unrequited love scenario, wouldn't there be a sexual assault involved with that? I do not remember if LE has said there was no sexual assault or if we all assume there was none. Because there was so little time and LE did say the perp killed and left.

IMO no.

To be clear, I don't think there was evidence of a SA here. But that omission doesn't make me rethink anything, because I don't think "love" and SA are inevitably intertwined. There are murders all the time, arising from "love" gone wrong, in which no SA occurred. And there is lots of SA in which there is really no deep feeling other than a desire for sex or power at any cost.

Here, I'm theorizing that this was a male who for some reason wasn't up to par (or at least perceived that way by self and/or others). Short. Younger. Awkward. Unathletic. Ugly. Perhaps any or all of those. And who wanted MB's favor and admiration (maybe because she was the teacher), didn't get it, and then decided that if he couldn't have her, no one could.

IMO no.

To be clear, I don't think there was evidence of a SA here. But that omission doesn't make me rethink anything, because I don't think "love" and SA are inevitably intertwined. There are murders all the time, arising from "love" gone wrong, in which no SA occurred. And there is lots of SA in which there is really no deep feeling other than a desire for sex or power at any cost.

Here, I'm theorizing that this was a male who for some reason wasn't up to par (or at least perceived that way by self and/or others). Short. Younger. Awkward. Unathletic. Ugly. Perhaps any or all of those. And who wanted MB's favor and admiration (maybe because she was the teacher), didn't get it, and then decided that if he couldn't have her, no one could.
This is a very reasonable theory.

And had there been a SA of the ejectile type, we'd know the perp was male. (by tests for semen).

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

SteveS, do you have any photos of the rear of the building? I've wondered about the car, could the surveillance photo actually be from the rear of the church?

And this thought is, of course, predicated on the idea that LE was not necessarily truthful about the outside security cams not functioning that early morning. Maybe the outside cams really were working intermittently as they had been for some time prior?.

I have pics of rear in my possession, yes. But nothing I have would indicate what pic LE may have or where it was snapped from. Personally, I don't think it came from a church-exterior cam, and it was said to be in the distance, so I've concluded it was either a hazy peripheral distant image from SWFA cams, or was somehow from an interior cam that got triggered somehow and got a glimpse of the exterior in the background. That latter would mean one of the cams focused on the front entrance or looking down the front hall of the building (perhaps looking N and seeing the perp vehicle drive by to the back).

I'm new here too, and yes, have become addicted in short order!! All of the sleuths are so talented and smart, I will have to gather my nerve for my first post lol!:thinking:

With all due respect to the image manipulators, I don't think the image on the sticker really matters. The conversation assumes that we're going to have to sift between all these Altimas, and I don't think so. In fact, I challenge anyone to find the following combo and post a pic here, because I don't think anyone can find it at all:

1 Oval sticker WITH ANY IMAGE on a car
2 Directly below license plate
3 Light colored car
4 Nissan Altima
5 2010-12 year
6 In Texas

I think you'll have a hard time even finding an oval sticker below the license on a car, period. But if you do, how far down the list can you go, before being stumped? Take a pic. But the first qualifier being oval sticker, and 2nd being centered below the plate, to even qualify for a pic at all.

I have looked for an oval image on a car below license plate, period, and they are super rare. Looked at thousands of cars as I drive, and when I go into parking lots, and it's not a thing. (So far, I've seen ZERO oval stickers centered below license plate, in thousands of cars of any which make and color, and only a few oval stickers anywhere on a car at all.) So imo deciphering the image itself isn't an obstacle, just gotta find any ole under-license oval sticker, which is going to be near impossible all by itself, and then see if it's on a light-colored Altima.

My point of the challenge is to raise awareness of how rare such an oval sticker would be.

I agree. In one of the threads long ago, I mentioned that I thought the image didn't particularly matter, as they were trying to find an Altima with an Oval Sticker. The Oval Sticker itself is used as an IDENTIFIER, just like the other adjectives of what kind of car, color and approximate year.

IMOO.

I'm new here too, and yes, have become addicted in short order!! All of the sleuths are so talented and smart, I will have to gather my nerve for my first post lol!:thinking:

Welcome Lupe! Glad you can join us! :)

Hello. I've been lurking. Then joined. Finally got the nerve to post. LOL
As a member of the media -- living/working a time zone away from Texas -- the lack of reporting about Missy's murder is surprising. I understand being sensitive. And being respectful of LE as it does its job. But there are dozens of questions that should be asked, IMO. It seems odd that local media have such a lack of curiosity about murderer(s) in a small town. Certainly there are local reporters who could take a cue from Websleuths. Again, IMO.
Out of curiosity, just searched the Sievers case online to see how local media covered it. Found this post-arrest piece. This sounded a bit familiar:

"I want them hung," she recalled saying to Mark Sievers.
His response: "Teresa would say forgive them."

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...ts-released-homicide-teresa-sievers/81169180/

As a member of the media -- living/working a time zone away from Texas -- the lack of reporting about Missy's murder is surprising. I understand being sensitive. And being respectful of LE as it does its job. But there are dozens of questions that should be asked, IMO. It seems odd that local media have such a lack of curiosity about murderer(s) in a small town. Certainly there are local reporters who could take a cue from Websleuths. Again, IMO.
Out of curiosity, just searched the Sievers case online to see how local media covered it. Found this post-arrest piece. This sounded a bit familiar:

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...ts-released-homicide-teresa-sievers/81169180/

Welcome! :)

I don't agree that there has been a lack of reporting.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/local-paper-publisher-sends-message-to-killer/153013159

What are the questions you think should be asked?

IMOO.

With all due respect to the image manipulators, I don't think the image on the sticker really matters. The conversation assumes that we're going to have to sift between all these Altimas, and I don't think so. In fact, I challenge anyone to find the following combo and post a pic here, because I don't think anyone can find it at all:

3 Light colored car
4 Nissan Altima
5 2010-12 year
6 In Texas

I think you'll have a hard time even finding an oval sticker below the license on a car, period. But if you do, how far down the list can you go, before being stumped? Take a pic. But the first qualifier being oval sticker, and 2nd being centered below the plate, to even qualify for a pic at all.

I have looked for an oval image on a car below license plate, period, and they are super rare. Looked at thousands of cars as I drive, and when I go into parking lots, and it's not a thing. (So far, I've seen ZERO oval stickers centered below license plate, in thousands of cars of any which make and color, and only a few oval stickers anywhere on a car at all.) So imo deciphering the image itself isn't an obstacle, just gotta find any ole under-license oval sticker, which is going to be near impossible all by itself, and then see if it's on a light-colored Altima.

My point of the challenge is to raise awareness of how rare such an oval sticker would be.

Not be mention..if this Altima has anything to do with the murder, the sticker has probably been since removed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have pics of rear in my possession, yes. But nothing I have would indicate what pic LE may have or where it was snapped from. Personally, I don't think it came from a church-exterior cam, and it was said to be in the distance, so I've concluded it was either a hazy peripheral distant image from SWFA cams, or was somehow from an interior cam that got triggered somehow and got a glimpse of the exterior in the background. That latter would mean one of the cams focused on the front entrance or looking down the front hall of the building (perhaps looking N and seeing the perp vehicle drive by to the back).

59afe13b15d0ba17c082ec35401b9506.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome! :)

I don't agree that there has been a lack of reporting.

What are the questions you think should be asked?

IMOO.

I hope I'm correctly replying with quote. I totally respect your view, Treelights. I'm a complete outsider to this.

To answer your question. Weeks and weeks ago, I would have sleuthed. (Which I've done professionally, though not in a murder case.)
Go to Biloxi, with pictures, ask questions that would verify alibi and perhaps provide insight into mood/behavior.
Find CG campers who knew Missy and were aware of her pre-class routine. Ask about that idea she "wasn't herself" in days/weeks before murder. (The gym owner suggested as much, though I can't recall hearing anything from him since.)
Go the gym. Ask the gym owner what he meant and why he said it.
Talk to people who attended Austin conference. What did they see? Who was she with?
Find a friend of Missy's who will talk to you.
There is a portrait here that could be painted of a woman, a married mother of 3, a fitness fanatic (I write that with admiration), who was murdered. From a distance, I'm surprised not to have read/seen that side of all of this. And, no, I don't count articles -- such as in national magazines -- that simply quote people who may/may not be paid in return.

I am not local Midlothian, so maybe it is still covered heavily there, but am in Tx. It was a big story the first few days but that seemed to go away quickly. I haven't seen any updates on the local new programs minus a quick one when the shirt was taken to the cleaners. Within my DFW group of friends, I would say it is 50\50 as to which have even heard of the case and I don't have any that have stayed up to date - including 2 that go to CG daily. My guess is it was "interesting" with the video on day 1, and then the lack of updates or new evidence has taken it out of the spotlight. I know most of the news websites will post updates as they come in, but I am not sure how many really go and read those unless they are specifically following this story. DFW is so large that there seems to often be some new story to take the spot on the nightly news.

I hope I'm correctly replying with quote. I totally respect your view, Treelights. I'm a complete outsider to this.

To answer your question. Weeks and weeks ago, I would have sleuthed. (Which I've done professionally, though not in a murder case.)
Go to Biloxi, with pictures, ask questions that would verify alibi and perhaps provide insight into mood/behavior.
Find CG campers who knew Missy and were aware of her pre-class routine. Ask about that idea she "wasn't herself" in days/weeks before murder. (The gym owner suggested as much, though I can't recall hearing anything from him since.)
Talk to people who attended Austin conference. What did they see? Who was she with?
There is a portrait here that could be painted of a woman, a married mother of 3, a fitness fanatic (I write that with admiration), who was murdered. From a distance, I'm surprised not to have read/seen that side of all of this. And, no, I don't count articles -- such as in national magazines -- that simply quote people who may/may not be paid in return.

Very interesting and cool! I often wondered how much of that was done by reporters - going and fact checking for them selves, building the story, etc vs just repeating what LE released or maybe spinning what has already been released to big national magazines.

Some members have suggested that the media knows about a lot of things but haven't published any of it because law enforcement forbids it.

What do you think of that idea?

Agree completely! Thanks for your perspective

Some members have suggested that the media knows about a lot of things but haven't published any of it because law enforcement forbids it.

What do you think of that idea?

First of all, I'm so thrilled to be here and corresponding with some of you. I've admired all of your posts from afar for a while now.
I've always believed that every reporter worth a darn knows more than he/she reports. So I do think there is a possibility that reporter(s) are working in concert with LE. However, I was willing to buy that more a few weeks ago. And if that were true, I would have thought more "tips" -- or sentences that started with "Law enforcement sources believe ...." -- would have been leaked from LE to those reporter(s). At this moment, I don't see much gamesmanship, so to speak, from LE, aside from the answers that are so carefully crafted. (For example, the Nissan driver hasn't "come forward.")
Just to be clear: Regardless of a media outlet's relationship with LE, IMO there is nothing to keep a reporter from sleuthing various angles of this case, including the questions/ideas I listed. LE might even appreciate it. :)

3 Light colored car
4 Nissan Altima
5 2010-12 year
6 In Texas

Ah, but if you think of it the other way without even trying to find the car, the sticker could give a clue to who the killer could be. Say it was promoting a club or product, or a slogan or other clue to where it was from. What if it said (off the top of my head) Midlothian Soccer School or Waxahachie Golf Club or Mansfield Knitting Group lol. Of course it might just be a generic, readily available sticker, but it also might be a pointer to the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody