TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally understand the time involved in attempting to clean up images properly, not to mention the cost of the proper software. Great job! Thank you.

Is that some type of "tool"? (I looks to me like it "might" be.)

Yes!!!

Thank you so very much, SKresearch, for not saying it looked like a box of trash bags. :loveyou:

I don't know if you're missing anything -- but you must share with us what is the 'answer' that is 'staring us in the face'?

". . .let people know that MISSY'S family is not a focus of . . ." Emphasis on her side of the family only. JMHO of the missing part, staring us in the face. Could have interpreted it wrong.

Please don't bring direct quotes over from social media (unless MSM or LE).

Also, from Tricia's guidelines in the opening post of this thread:

* YOU CAN SPECULATE ABOUT PEOPLE IN THE SEARCH WARRANTS AS LONG AS YOU USE THEIR INITIALS ONLY. This overrides an earlier decision I made. My apologies for the confusion. It is 100 percent my fault.

*if you do speculate please do not make comments on their personal appearance. That’s just rude. You can speculate on their behavior but if you want to post something unkind about their looks please don’t.

*Speculation is allowed if it involves someone who has been named in the mainstream media and you can logically put this person at the scene of the crime or can suggest they were somehow involved. Speculation has to be based on some semblance of fact. In other words, you can’t speculate that the dry cleaning people killed Missy. The police have confirmed they believe Missy was targeted. That’s a good place to start.

*Speculation does not mean you can sleuth any of these people. Their lives have been turned upside down and the last thing they want to see is something personal and embarrassing posted on websleuths for the world to see. No sleuthing aka no digging into their backgrounds and posting what you find.

:tyou:

". . .let people know that MISSY'S family is not a focus of . . ." Emphasis on her side of the family only. JMHO of the missing part, staring us in the face. Could have interpreted it wrong.

Just wondering -- why would you assume that by family her in-laws were not included? Put another way, do you not think that her in-laws are devastated as well?

The topic of obtaining access via the kitchen door has some interesting ramifications, that I don't think were discussed at all. Again here's a picture of the resulting damage to the handle area, with perhaps the hardware having to be replaced (and at the time of the pic, already having been done).

attachment.php

Those ramifications are:
1 There have been many theories proposed here as to exactly how the access was obtained (bash this way or that, pry the hinges, pry hardware off, lever the door, etc). But even without knowing which of those (if any) is accurate, don't we conclude that access required far more work than a simple "smash-reach-open from the inside" quickie, as suggested early on by LE? (Maybe LE didn't tell us what they were thinking, or maybe they've amended their thinking since that early statement, or ...)
2 In that vein, did the perp come here thinking like LE did, figuring this was an easy access situation (via a "smash-reach-open from the inside" quickie) that then didn't happen?
3 Is it possible that there were multiple attempts required at this door? IOW did the perp go to the door with a hammer to bash the window, did so and then reached inside to push the bar and found it wouldn't open that way, and then had to go back to his vehicle (which I presume was parked back behind the building out of sight) for more tools?
4 If so, his path would have led down this wall (see pic below) - and might explain why the windows (the first ones down this wall) were broken. Maybe it wasn't totally random, or staging a scene, but instead a case of perp being pissed that accessing the door wasn't easy, and he was having to go back to his vehicle in the rain for more tools, and the anger had him using hammer in hand to bash in some windows as he went by. Or maybe those windows were initially considered as a possible access alternative, but then the glass was too jagged and windows too high to allow easy enough access without getting cut up.
attachment.php

5 Assuming there was a much more difficult access, we learn some truths.
a The use of a pry bar, and hammering things, and all that entailed, would have required some considerable strength. That might narrow some of the possibilities for the perp.
b With extended time at the door, plus perhaps a walk back to the vehicle to retrieve bigger/different tools, perp was most likely there quite a bit earlier than we have considered, with it taking quite a while to get in. Are we looking at someone who made a 3:15 arrival, perhaps, rather than 3:45?
c We are also looking at perp spending a CONSIDERABLE amount of time in heavy rain, trying to access the building, and perhaps having to walk back to vehicle at some point. Once inside, either perp was drenched from head to toe, or perp had been wearing rainproof clothing while outside.
6 Could "swat gear" have had a dual purpose as rainproof outerwear? And if so, does that limit what it might have been, or alter our thinking to know it was worn all along?

(Footnote to avoid distractions - pics are taken since the murder, and I own the copyright to them)

Attachments

• 20169901.jpg
    20169901.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 501
  • 20169902.jpg
    20169902.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 511
The topic of obtaining access via the kitchen door has some interesting ramifications, that I don't think were discussed at all. Again here's a picture of the resulting damage to the handle area, with perhaps the hardware having to be replaced (and at the time of the pic, already having been done).

attachment.php

Those ramifications are:
1 There have been many theories proposed here as to exactly how the access was obtained (bash this way or that, pry the hinges, pry hardware off, lever the door, etc). But even without knowing which of those (if any) is accurate, don't we conclude that access required far more work than a simple "smash-reach-open from the inside" quickie, as suggested early on by LE? (Maybe LE didn't tell us what they were thinking, or maybe they've amended their thinking since that early statement, or ...)
2 In that vein, did the perp come here thinking like LE did, figuring this was an easy access situation (via a "smash-reach-open from the inside" quickie) that then didn't happen?
3 Is it possible that there were multiple attempts required at this door? IOW did the perp go to the door with a hammer to bash the window, did so and then reached inside to push the bar and found it wouldn't open that way, and then had to go back to his vehicle (which I presume was parked back behind the building out of sight) for more tools?
4 If so, his path would have led down this wall (see pic below) - and might explain why the windows (the first ones down this wall) were broken. Maybe it wasn't totally random, or staging a scene, but instead a case of perp being pissed that accessing the door wasn't easy, and he was having to go back to his vehicle in the rain for more tools, and the anger had him using hammer in hand to bash in some windows as he went by. Or maybe those windows were initially considered as a possible access alternative, but then the glass was too jagged and windows too high to allow easy enough access without getting cut up.
attachment.php

a The use of a pry bar, and hammering things, and all that entailed, would have required some considerable strength. That might narrow some of the possibilities for the perp.
b With extended time at the door, plus perhaps a walk back to the vehicle to retrieve bigger/different tools, perp was most likely there quite a bit earlier than we have considered, with it taking quite a while to get in. Are we looking at someone who made a 3:15 arrival, perhaps, rather than 3:45?
c We are also looking at perp spending a CONSIDERABLE amount of time in heavy rain, trying to access the building, and perhaps having to walk back to vehicle at some point. Once inside, either perp was drenched from head to toe, or perp had been wearing rainproof clothing while outside.
6 Could "swat gear" have had a dual purpose as rainproof outerwear? And if so, does that limit what it might have been, or alter our thinking to know it was worn all along?

(Footnote to avoid distractions - pics are taken since the murder, and I own the copyright to them)

...and wanted to add this: how did the perp know that there was no alarm at the Church? Perp spent considerable amount of time breaking in & roaming through the Church without the fear of LE getting an alarm alert! How did the perp know there was no alarm system?

In thinking through the possibilities, and considering SP's actions, I keep seeing hints that SP was familiar with
1 the CG schedule
2 MB's schedule on such a morning
3 the layout of where MB would enter on such a morning, and so on

That would make me seriously consider any CG participant who had attended that location previously. You need someone familiar with BOTH the site and the CG process on such days. I have long favored the idea that this was a shorter (or perhaps somewhat younger) male, based on height and gait, with the idea that there was an unrequited-and-frustrated attraction in play (that MB may not have even been aware of). So if i was LE, I would try to get a comprehensive list of CG participants at that location from prior weeks (maybe going back for 6 months prior) and see if I could cross-match those characteristics and see what it yielded.

Hi all...I am new here as well. I joined just to follow this case. Being a pastor, it's mind blowing that a crime like this would take place in a church. Your comments and insights have been great to follow...thanks.

Yes!!!

Thank you so very much, SKresearch, for not saying it looked like a box of trash bags. :loveyou:
I think it seems very similar to a trowel used in masonry, tile laying, etc. They come in lots of variety.

8059de7bf562701b867b728c6b538e22.jpg
e53c04532e993d4ff63c14d7b1f8baeb.jpg
99fec9e7aa3d6e2aad434af2e4e7364d.jpg
7644e9d8323bd81bc24f4b5916216243.jpg

Hi all...I am new here as well. I joined just to follow this case. Being a pastor, it's mind blowing that a crime like this would take place in a church. Your comments and insights have been great to follow...thanks.

Good Morning Pastor Phil and :welcome3:!

It truly is mind blowing that this perp choose the church of all places! Here is hoping the perp is caught today! RIP Missy! Prayers for the family.

This is what I got using light room this time. Playing with the exposure and bumping the black and whites up and down. I just haven't a clue.

93d9998f3b2e8ff126b6286acbaabc86.jpg
97e44592932d66265fdc56536ead7969.jpg
dd0e5e66740c1e6df9efc9b1cb777951.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

It still looks like a guy standing in front of a vehicle like a bus or firetruck to me.

This is what I got using light room this time. Playing with the exposure and bumping the black and whites up and down. I just haven't a clue.

93d9998f3b2e8ff126b6286acbaabc86.jpg
97e44592932d66265fdc56536ead7969.jpg
dd0e5e66740c1e6df9efc9b1cb777951.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Thank You. It looks different than the photo of the decal that Sparky put on here, to me….

So, really, I have no clue as to what this is.

I hope LE knows.

IMOO.

ETA:

And If I had to guess at that particular pic of the car decal, I would say yes, it looks likes a dog.

It looks like Snoopy, the side view of Snoopy with the wind blowing his right black ear as if he was riding on a Magic Carpet! :)

IMOO.

My thoughts in green. I feel like I need to say this on every post discussing SP - but I really don't have a solid SP suspect in mind. These notes are purely my interpretation of events.

I've been reading along since the first page so let's see if I can address some of the things that have been discussed but there's always space for more discussion.

BB
Procedure on 15th? Odd that someone in so much pain would drive self to airport, (two days after procedure) sit there for hours, and of all things schedule a bucket list fishing trip in all that pain he has been having for months. Casting - sitting on a boat - boat ride to spot bouncing up and down.

1. BB had a chronic and painful bowel issue. I believe it was last year or beginning of this year, he posted that he finally got some relief when someone referred him to someone.
2. It was an outpatient procedure not sure what but it could have been something as simple as a colonoscopy and it would not have required any down time outside of that day.

BB
Notes on FB that he is following weather pattern. Checks in on FB at hospital. Checks on weather and posts pic. Checks in - on way to airport hope my flight isn't delayed. Checks in outside of Oyster house? Did anyone confirm he actually ate there? You would think grab a burger take some pain meds and rest for big fishing day on Monday. (I am assuming his fishing day was Monday) Now why is checking in important in this situation - because in his prior posts he does not seem to check in. A friend of mine says this is suspicious as people who check in on FB always check in every where they go.

1. I do think this is weird.
2. I'm on FB. I check in occasionally especially when I'm excited or doing something interesting say for an example traveling or going to a sporting event but not everywhere I go. My cousin on the other hand checks in everywhere she goes. I guess my point is some people check in everywhere and some don't.

I don't find check-ins odd. It is more unusual FB activity that he had 1 check in, several years ago, that was set to public. Then the next 30 something check-ins private, then the last one - during travel set to public again. Changing my privacy settings for a specific post is not something done often.

BB - no I do not think he did it.

BB - gets call from CG member. Ok who is this person and why would they do that and not let police take care of notification? Was this person the actual killer? What time did they call him? Where did the call ping from CG phone to his phone location? What time does police notify him? What time did he leave Biloxi (if he was even in Biloxi)? Mapquest shows drive time as 9 hours. He says it took him 9 hours. He had to stop for gas - where and at what time? Credit card maybe confirm this? In so much pain but can handle a 9 hour car ride without stopping? He makes note that the license plate is from MS. I mean who in the heck would care - his children should have been the only thing on his mind. Not his license plate.

1. The CG camper is friends with Bever's but not sure why they didn't wait for LE to notify BB.
2. LE states his alibi has been corroborated.
3. MapQuest estimates include driving at speed limit and time for gas stops.
4. I'm thinking that he had to at sometime think that it would look suspicious that he was out of town and LE always looks at people closest to the victim so he had his alibi.

In regards to map apps and times, agreed with comments in blue those time estimates assume you go the speed limit, etc. I am also doing the time from Biloxi, but as others have indicated, it is very possible you would choose to fly in to New Orleans because tickets are usually much cheaper. This takes (I think, haven't looked it up) about an hour off of the drive time. I also don't know exactly when he landed. I think somewhere he said he left at 12:30, got there at 7:30. Seems like a long span for that trip but layovers and delays I guess?? That arrival time can be easily confirmed by police and If that is the plane arrival time or the time BB was off the plane, done picking up rental car, etc. The alibi being corroborated early on would likely be validating the plane tickets, cell phone location on fb check-ins if he had gps on, rental car receipts. All of those pieces checking out does not keep him from being back in DFW with time. Here is my biggest problem with this scenario. I would think that all rental cars have GPS locators on them and then agency could tell LE where the car was and when. So either BB didn't think about that (and maybe LE hasn't let him know yet), he found a way around it (rented\borrowed car from friend there?) or BB is being completely honest. Without having more information, I am putting BB in the category of 'yes, he did have the means'. For now, I am also putting him in the category that he was being honest and was in Biloxi, only because I would think if he lied, LE would already know that - and that alone could be enough to bring him in. Someone with more trial experience might have thoughts on if an alibi not checking out would be enough to make an arrest.
The only way I could see LE not being sure on his alibi yet is if the rental (or what ever car he said he used) didn't have gps so they are having to try to find camera footage along the route to put him somewhere either that night before or the next day like he said.

BB - lets his Mom and Sister tell his children about their Mom. Mom and Sister say it was heart wrenching having to do that . I am not a man but several men (that have children) said they would have never allowed that. They would have told them to (as Moms have said too) to go to the house close the blinds take away their phones no TV and wait until he got there. Don't answer the door.

Yes it would have been ideal for BB to tell the girls but 9 hours is a long time to keep 2 teenagers and a child in the dark on a school day. The questions would have been endless, why aren't we going to school, why cant we watch tv, why cant we look at the computer, why can't we listen to the radio, why is the phone off the hook, where's mom, why can't we talk to mom, why are there news trucks outside our door, why can't we answer the door and on and on

According to Magazine article BB did not tell about affairs. His Mom was there when police told him what was coming out. He said I already forgave her for that.
According to HLN and NG BB told LE about the affairs.

Ending comment on CT and posting about getting her hair done. This to me goes back to the relationship between CT and MB. If they were friends, I would think it is odd to post a big smiley picture the day she was murdered. Even if I got my hair done, I wouldn't feel like, nor feel it was appropriate to post a smiley, make-over pic. Now, if she was my co-worker's wife, who I maybe communicated with a handful of times about work schedules or something, that would probably feel different. Not that it wouldn't be a tragic event, but I don't know that it would change the way I went about my day or how I communicated with my family and friends on FB. Does anyone know if MB and CT were friends on FB?

Welcome PastorPhil! Glad u joined us here!

:welcome4:

I think it seems very similar to a trowel used in masonry, tile laying, etc. They come in lots of variety.

Hi Roadrunner - have you watched the MPD extended video starting at around 1:55. I thought multi-tool or trowel or something when looking at the pictures on here, but I clearly see something more rectangular when I watch the full 10 seconds of video all together.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

SteveK, et all... regarding the unrequited love scenario, wouldn't there be a sexual assault involved with that? I do not remember if LE has said there was no sexual assault or if we all assume there was none. Because there was so little time and LE did say the perp killed and left.

With all due respect to the image manipulators, I don't think the image on the sticker really matters. The conversation assumes that we're going to have to sift between all these Altimas, and I don't think so. In fact, I challenge anyone to find the following combo and post a pic here, because I don't think anyone can find it at all:

1 Oval sticker WITH ANY IMAGE on a car
2 Directly below license plate
3 Light colored car
4 Nissan Altima
5 2010-12 year
6 In Texas

I think you'll have a hard time even finding an oval sticker below the license on a car, period. But if you do, how far down the list can you go, before being stumped? Take a pic. But the first qualifier being oval sticker, and 2nd being centered below the plate, to even qualify for a pic at all.

I have looked for an oval image on a car below license plate, period, and they are super rare. Looked at thousands of cars as I drive, and when I go into parking lots, and it's not a thing. (So far, I've seen ZERO oval stickers centered below license plate, in thousands of cars of any which make and color, and only a few oval stickers anywhere on a car at all.) So imo deciphering the image itself isn't an obstacle, just gotta find any ole under-license oval sticker, which is going to be near impossible all by itself, and then see if it's on a light-colored Altima.

My point of the challenge is to raise awareness of how rare such an oval sticker would be.

attachment.php

Those ramifications are:
attachment.php

SteveS, do you have any photos of the rear of the building? I've wondered about the car, could the surveillance photo actually be from the rear of the church? The "walls" I see in the pic don't quite look like the rock used on the lower portion of the church building, but maybe the rain obscured some of the detail. The rock at that rear area of the church by the trash bin area extends higher up than elsewhere on the building (iirc, as I cannot access my saved photos right now).

And this thought is, of course, predicated on the idea that LE was not necessarily truthful about the outside security cams not functioning that early morning. Maybe the outside cams really were working intermittently as they had been for some time prior?

But if I need to not question any information LE makes public, I retract my question.

SteveK, et all... regarding the unrequited love scenario, wouldn't there be a sexual assault involved with that? I do not remember if LE has said there was no sexual assault or if we all assume there was none. Because there was so little time and LE did say the perp killed and left.
Remember sexual assault is not limited to penetration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member