TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree there were probably no cams in the auditorium, but if SP killed Missy in the SW corner of the building, there were 3 hall cams in that area (according to ArkansasMimi's and Nancy Grace's diagram of that corner by the awning). So, JMO, but I don't see SP cutting through the auditorium from a perimeter room without setting off one of those motion-activated cams. (Unless disabled.) And seems he'd have also set off northern hallway cams when he crossed from auditorium to kitchen, again (unless disabled).

I suspect the ONLY interior cams were in the halls. So the only chance to see the perp on cam is when he was in the hall AND when the cam turned on.

I also think (but don't have any way to prove it) that there would be a short lag time for the cams between "activate" and "record." If they are already recording, they get all the movement, but if not, and the action in the field of vision is brief, then it would capture nothing.

That is to say, I suspect you can't walk slowly down the halls, or any distance down them, without the cam recording you. But if you happened to run across the hall, from exterior room to auditorium, you might.

Also, the "SW corner of the interior" might have meant the SW corner of the auditorium, which would further limit any opportunity to see the perp after the murder. Just a quick run across the hall from auditorium to kitchen, and out that outside kitchen door.

Was taking the shirt to the local dry cleaner an attempt to see what the reaction would be? That shirt was known by RB to have dog blood on it. Sure enough, townsfolk were all over it and LE informed.

Maybe a distraction; like look here [not there]?? Like a magician works?

I thought the same thing at first, but given that his/her (I use this though I believe it is a male) face and chest are covered, I'm not sure what signs of anxiety we would see at that point that are not obscured by the outfit. When s/he looks up at the camera, I think there's a little anxiety there, but that's just MHO. All of the calm walking around, to me, occurred during his/her attempts at staging (like the utterly lackluster attempt to pry open that door). I think s/he was just trying to make marks that looked like a burglary, and there's probably not a lot of anxiety in that particular act of staging.

I wonder, though, what would be point of making sure the murder occurred away from the cameras. Why would s/he be concerned about that, as others have suggested. Surely, s/he knew that LE would figure out how MB was killed anyway. What would seeing it give away?

Could the SP have wondered about sound? Some cameras have microphones as well. If the SP was unsure just how the murder would unfold, he/she may have been worried that their own name might be exclaimed by MB.

Something that just came to mind... and I am NOT sleuthing campers by asking this. :)

IF the class started at 5 am, I wonder how many cars/campers were actually there at that time. We've 'heard' that there were only 3 campers and 2 calls to 911 between 5:00 am and 5:10 am. So, this group of 3 were the only ones who found her?

Where were the other campers? Did they split up into groups and look for her? And therefore we can assume the body was hidden from plain sight?

It seems like there would be many campers there already. Unless the class was in low attendance because of the rain. How many campers normally attended this session?

May be rhetorical, but just a thought...

There had to be a blood trail left behind.. no matter which way SP left, wouldn't you think? (just my thoughts)
Well, if SP left via the SW exit where MB was parked and SP murdered MB in the vestibule just inside where she parked.......
then SP didn't have far to go before hitting the rain which would have washed away any bloody trail. Had SP escaped any other way, I would expect there to be a blood trail. IMO, Priority Motion ' s escape plan is how it happened. Unlike Priority Motion I believe SP'S car was parked around back and SP knew he/she had to get the heck out of there as camper's would be arriving soon. This was someone who was familiar w/ MB'S schedule , where she would go in the church on a rainy day and knew the outside cameras didn't work.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

There had to be a blood trail left behind.. no matter which way SP left, wouldn't you think? (just my thoughts)

Hard to know, rodee34. The only clue is that we've been told that the first 911 call referred to an "unresponsive female." This has me imagining that the campers first saw her down on the floor, but it doesn't actually indicate that they first thought she'd been stabbed, shot, or even murdered. There probably was a pool of blood - but it may have been under her and/or obscured by darkness, initially.

If SP shot her in a traditional hitman style, he may have shot her 2x in the head and 2x in the chest, and depending on type of bullets, proximity, and a lot of other factors, he may have not gotten much blood on himself at all, especially if he immobilized her promptly (so no fighting) and if he took off quickly and didn't hang around while she bled out. Point the gun away from himself, and blood splatter generally follows the trajectory of the bullets. If he killed her with tools, I'd expect it'd be a more involved killing and would take longer, and there'd likely be more blood on him or his clothing. But JMO, I don't think he killed her with the tools, so that's another reason for the blood trail not being such an issue (for me, at least). Not if this was a targeted hit and ambush, and he had access to SWAT gear. The gun completes the gear for this sort of person.

If he killed her at 4:25 and LE and other emergency people didn't get there until more than 40 minutes later, I'd think what blood he may have gotten on his shoes (and pavement) would've likely washed away in the puddles and rain. If he walked down the hallway or through the auditorium there might be bloodstains, though. In that case, though, I'd expect that the crime scene wouldn't have wrapped up quite so quickly.

I was trying to find those pictures from that post. I think there were a few actual interior pictures made it seem like I could envision where it could have happened. There was some discussion on which of the 2 cameras in the SW corner might have caught her arrival if the outside cameras weren't working. I think some believed one of those two would actually have a small view of the outside, covered area as well.

I don't ever seem to have much luck with the thread search functions, but I will keep looking.

Here's the one from Nancy Grace (I believe):

image.jpg

ETA: Correcting my earlier post, looks like there were only 2 interior cams in that SW corner - the third cam I was remembering was an exterior one just outside the SW doors (and not functioning).

ETA again: yes, borrowed much from Arkansasmimi (slightly different SW cam placement with 2 NE cams also noted and less other room detail, so that's why I used NG's version)

I thought in an earlier post and on the previous thread, a poster had posted a picture of a camera that was not in the hallway. It was inside a room. There was speculation it could have been what the perp was carrying around versus a box of saran wrap or part of a door, etc. I don't think it was ArkansasMimi (who has posted spectacular pictures of everything) who posted this picture of an interior camera in a room. Batbrat maybe? It was not a hallway camera.

IMO, Priority Motion's escape plan is how it happened. Unlike Priority Motion I believe....

Respectfully, that isn't the screen name being used. Instead they've created a rather clever wordplay on the phrase "poetry in motion" mixed with the name of Agatha Christie's renowned fictional Belgian super-detective, Hercule Poirot (pronounced pwa-roe). "Poirot-ry in motion."

I suspect the ONLY interior cams were in the halls. So the only chance to see the perp on cam is when he was in the hall AND when the cam turned on.

I also think (but don't have any way to prove it) that there would be a short lag time for the cams between "activate" and "record." If they are already recording, they get all the movement, but if not, and the action in the field of vision is brief, then it would capture nothing.

That is to say, I suspect you can't walk slowly down the halls, or any distance down them, without the cam recording you. But if you happened to run across the hall, from exterior room to auditorium, you might.

Also, the "SW corner of the interior" might have meant the SW corner of the auditorium, which would further limit any opportunity to see the perp after the murder. Just a quick run across the hall from auditorium to kitchen, and out that outside kitchen door.
As you have explained so well in your post - this is my #1 theory on the exit strategy (through the auditorium, across hallway, out kitchen door), and also my #1 theory on what LE meant (auditorium) by "The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the building." (Phone iPad SW page 6)

I sense that MB was killed in a public area and not an enclosed one. MB was found right around when CG was supposed to start. I am assuming that the first campers went in for class and saw MB. Therefore, I don't think that her body was hidden from view.

There was a map posted in one of the previous threads that had the location of each interior camera.

From the first page of this thread:

"Everyone, please read the rules as set by Tricia:

* YOU CAN SPECULATE ABOUT PEOPLE IN THE SEARCH WARRANTS AS LONG AS YOU USE THEIR INITIALS ONLY. This overrides an earlier decision I made.

*Speculation is allowed if it involves someone who has been named in the mainstream media and you can logically put this person at the scene of the crime or can suggest they were somehow involved. Speculation has to be based on some semblance of fact. In other words, you can’t speculate that the dry cleaning people killed Missy. The police have confirmed they believe Missy was targeted. That’s a good place to start. "

Tricia specifically states that we can talk about the people listed in the SW (which would include BB, RB, and VB) and further adds that we can speculate about them. While I understand that private FB accounts are off limits, where are we prevented from discussing BB and the family? I seem to be missing something.

Your first point is the one I cannot seem to move past. MB's murder seems to be filled with overflowing rage/anger/hate, but yet the perp decided to show some compassion for MB's children. It's a strange dichotomy to say the least.

It's a fine line trying to analyze or discuss for example public interviews and letters w/o it sounding like bashing or criticism. I'm trying to toe-the-line. I'm not asking anyone else to not discuss it I just am trying to figure out how to carefully discuss it w/o causing problems.

These are very good questions. Questions that hopefully investigators are considering.

Someone who else knew exactly where the cameras were located inside and out, knew there weakness and that they didn't always function. I think the perp knows the church, or cased it or has connections to someone who works there or did the casing for him/her.

Just curious:
How many people think this crime was a targeted, organized murder?

How many people think this was a an organized murder-for-hire?

I thought in an earlier post and on the previous thread, a poster had posted a picture of a camera that was not in the hallway. It was inside a room. There was speculation it could have been what the perp was carrying around versus a box of saran wrap or part of a door, etc. I don't think it was ArkansasMimi (who has posted spectacular pictures of everything) who posted this picture of an interior camera in a room. Batbrat maybe? It was not a hallway camera.

I remember that post, but I think that was a photo from a website, Bootsctr. Not from the church. Poster was just illustrating how similar such a cam might be to the rectangular shape of the object in SP's hand. IF that had been the style of cam installed at the church. (Prompting other posters to comment that they thought the interior cams were fish-eye...)

How many people think this was a botched burglary (unorganized, not planned murder) ? Didn't plan to attack MB?

Someone who else knew exactly where the cameras were located inside and out, knew there weakness and that they didn't always function. I think the perp knows the church, or cased it or has connections to someone who works there or did the casing for him/her.

I agree with this 100%. The cameras worked only intermittently. . . . It would seem only very a few people would know that information about the cameras.

Here's the one from Nancy Grace (I believe):

attachment.php

(just a note..) Actually this is one that Arkmimi drew.. NG "borrowed"it for her show. I believe it was Arkmimi that posted interior photos (with the people's faces scrubbed.) I can't remember who noted the restroom vent stack locations from an aerial photo. I'd go back and look, but I'm NOT very good at searches. :dunno:

I remember that post, but I think that was a photo from a website, Bootsctr. Not from the church. Poster was just illustrating how similar such a cam might be to the rectangular shape of the object in SP's hand. IF that had been the style of cam installed at the church. (Prompting other posters to comment that they thought the interior cams were fish-eye...)

Thank you PIM! I remember better now. The walls were also of a wood paneling, unlike the church's interior walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amps