TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not sure how that is different from anyone else's opinions here" ....I think that's the point. No one here is really trying to bash the guy. But objectively his knowledge of the case is a couple months behind on some things well-known here, he's not an attorney or detective or someone with some special perception in the way he thinks, he's not getting feedback from others like happens here, so I think we're just saying that we shouldn't give him any more value (or maybe even as much) as we give people at WS who are on top of the details and give real insight. But at the same time, if you have the time and interest, he has an opinion to share on what he has seen of the case.

I agree with you Steve, I enjoy reading peoples opinions and different angles. I certainly don't bash anyone
JMO

RSBM

Where does Missy refer to the doors with the awnings? in her Facebook post? If that is the case, MB was probably referring to the SW doors. Did Missy also refer to those doors as the main doors?

I am assuming that LE wasn't thinking of Missy's post when they put together the SW. When LE mentioned the main doors with the awning, I am assuming that they meant the front doors (on the west side). There is nothing inconsistent about referring to the door on the west side as the main door with the awnings. However, it is inconsistent to refer to the SW doors as the main door with the awnings since the SW doors aren't the main door. IMO

I do see the ambiguity.

Yes, in her Facebook posts Missy referred to that area where she was unloading as the "awning" (though I've not read her calling them 'main doors.') And because it also looks to be a drop-off door for those with children headed to the classrooms or nursery, it may in a sense (to some attendees) be an unofficial 'main door' - also in the sense of it being where the largest part of the parking lot is.

But I agree with your interpretation - according to website and probably building plans, the doors on the west side are the main front entrance. And since both entrances appear to have a roof overhang, your guess is as good as anyone's as to what the police meant in that SW.

I almost agree with your post as my #1 JMO theory. I have always thought MB entered through the porte cochere doors, turned right down the southside hallway (double dutch doors hallway), and that MB willingly turned and entered those same auditorium doors where we saw SP approach, with SP already inside the auditorium lying in wait.

Did MB need something from the auditorium? What about a couple of metal folding chairs? The CoC uses metal folding chairs not fixed pews. Did MB always get maybe 4 chairs, put her boombox on them, papers/clipboard?

If so, who knew this and informed the SP?

RBBM

I never realized that! I just Googled pictures of the sanctuary, and it is nothing like I had envisioned. I had wrongly assumed that there were fixed pews. With that new information, your theory is just as likely as the one I have had in my head for a couple of weeks. However, your theory does a better job explaining how LE knew which way SP left. SP could have crossed the hall slow enough to activate the sensor but fast enough to not be picked up by the camera (thanks SteveS for the idea).

It begs one questions though - how did the campers find her right at 5:00? Would the campers also have had reason to enter the sanctuary?

I vote NUMBA 2 

Pretty certain LE thinks she was targeted as well. Don't have the page bookmarked but will try to find it if needed. JMO

Hi GeeEm,
Yes, IMO it's obviously #2.
I posted that scenario because the discussion had come back around to target/random. And, yes, in a separate post I linked to a media report that sources indicate LE believes she was targeted. Just FYI.

The member who commented on the key that Missy had was differentiating between a key to gain entry to the building and a key or keys to enter various rooms within the building. Some members misinterpreted that post to mean that Missy had a key to the main (front) entrance and had to use that entrance because other entrances were keyed differently. This may or may not be the case, but people are repeatedly posting it and forming theories based on it as if it is fact.

My question would be if she did not have a key, was she dragged into the church by the SwatPerp.
The way she parked her truck would suggest to me yes she had a key and was unloading or getting ready to unload her equipment. JMO

RBBM I never realized that! I just Googled pictures of the sanctuary, and it is nothing like I had envisioned. I had wrongly assumed that there were fixed pews. With that new information, your theory is just as likely as the one I have had in my head for a couple of weeks. However, your theory does a better job explaining how LE knew which way SP left. SP could have crossed the hall slow enough to activate the sensor but fast enough to not be picked up by the camera (thanks SteveS for the idea). It begs one questions though - how did the campers find her right at 5:00? Would the campers also have had reason to enter the sanctuary?
Her truck was parked there since she arrived at approx. 4:18AM. The first camper arrived at 4:35AM. We don't know exactly when, but other campers arrived. At some point they went searching for MB since they had not seen her unloading or warming up under the awning or in the parking lot. IMO they entered the building about 4:50AM-5:00AM, located her quickly and dialed 911. Here is a photo of the auditorium interior with metal stacking chairs:

Attachments

• church sanctuary.jpg
    church sanctuary.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 107
My question would be if she did not have a key, was she dragged into the church by the SwatPerp.
The way she parked her truck would suggest to me yes she had a key and was unloading or getting ready to unload her equipment. JMO

Read my post again. I didn't say Missy had no key. I stated that people have misinterpreted a previous post about her key, mistakenly believing that her key opened only the front main entrance.

There was a blood drive scheduled in the church parking lot on Sunday, April 17th, the day before the murder, at 9:15am to 1pm. Not sure if it attracted non- church members, but possible. If anyone wanted to scout out the church the day prior to the murder, it may have been a good opportunity. I do not believe our perp would have donated blood (..), but he could have accompanied someone else and I am sure it was looked into. Just saying.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3g3DEap84xwbGJxTnJlbzZhT0E/view?usp=sharing

Read my post again. I didn't say Missy had no key. I stated that people have misinterpreted a previous post about her key, mistakenly believing that her key opened only the front main entrance.

Apologizing for the misunderstanding Thanks

The 3 am hour, with an hour or two on either side, is a very likely time for vandalism and B&E of an unoccupied non-residential building. It would normally be too late and too early to encounter anyone.

If a perp chose a church thinking it would have a kitchen and/or something to steal or else just tear stuff up because he hates God or whatever, he couldn't have picked a better time than the middle of the night on a Sunday night at this particular church in a rural location, and raining which reduces police presence (cops don't patrol as much because they don't like to get wet).

You said "the time of her murder alone puts it outside the norm." If the perp never expected to find someone there, then the murder would have occurred incidentally to a B&E that was very much inside the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannonball you are very committed to B&E scenario. I am just curious why a burglar would just sissy tap a crow bar to gain entry and then just seem like Oh well guess nothing behind that door worth stealing it's all locked up and I can't get in. I know this sounds like I am being a SA but maybe I just going by what my mind imagines a burglar to do. B&E and steal things.

This is the church bulletin from Sunday, April 17th, confirming the blood drive and announcing anything else going on at the church.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3g3DEap84xwMkdVeXkwUUd2ZkE/view?usp=sharing

Sidenote:

It is almost peculiar how the church describes "transform[ation] by God" and how MB described the "Camp Gladiator Total Transformation" on her FB. It is also the company's slogan:

http://campgladiator.com/transformation/

Could a person in SWAT gear possibly be considered some kind of a "modern gladiator", an armed combatant meeting another "gadiator", from the perp's perspective?

-Nin

* Disclaimer ------ Not implying swatperp is a CS church member, he could be anything and thus possibly be also a CS church-member.

Same here trying to catch up, but that "brain scratch" YouTube person made my mouth drop open  And wasn't that Bat or Sparky's picture that was used?

BBM: Is this person one of us at WS?

My thoughts exactly. Some of the comments made are some comments that were made on here

To verbonica, cfreyja, chuckj, camerabug, and others who mentioned this issue:

It needs to be noted that the SW does NOT say that MB entered through the "main doors" of the church, and in context it's a bit hazy exactly where their wording is pointing to. Personally, I think they are indicating the SW corner, but as I've noted earlier in this thread, there's a lack of clarity that could only be resolved by having been there, or by asking LE or someone who was there.

The SW wording by LE said this: "At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area." [bold added]

To know the location indicated, you would first have to ascertain what the "awning area" is, before deciding on its main door. But given that the SW corner has both the best awning for rain and that the class apparently was going to be conducted in that exterior location, I believe the indication is the SW corner. But there's certainly fuzziness.

I keep reading this and just wanted to note: where the awning is that MB parked under is actually the SE corner. Back of church where break in occurred is North. So if MB entered under awning area she was probably walking toward Kitchen area. SW corner would be towards Whataburger.

I keep reading this and just wanted to note: where the awning is that MB parked under is actually the SE corner. Back of church where break in occurred is North. So if MB entered under awning area she was probably walking toward Kitchen area. SW corner would be towards Whataburger.

Actually, your directions are incorrect. That's understandable, because the layout is somewhat of an directional confusion since both the hwy and the church are at angles.

Here's an overhead map, with N being at the top. As you can see, the "awning" corner we're talking about is on the SW corner, and the closest portion of the church to Whataburger is the NW corner. The break-in occurred at the kitchen door, we think, which is almost in the middle of the N side of the building (it's at the end of the sidewalk seen in the overhead), although there was also said to be damage to the doors at the NE corner.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Creekside aerial view.png
    Creekside aerial view.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 276
attachment.php
this is an image I got here from WS, I am by no means a pro etc at photo manipulation etc... I adjusted the exposure, sharpness etc. Does one eye appear to "Odd", if yes, could SP have a fake eye, and eye injury, maybe at some point suffer from a stroke (Maybe that would explain odd SP walk?) Just my thoughts and opinions.

Is this a picture of the SP facing directly at the camera? If not a slightly turned head can make the eyes appear wonky and the manipulations would exaggerate it.

Try it yourself with a selfie and your head slightly turned. The eye facing the camera will appear normal, the turned eye will look different because your not seeing the full eye.

Actually, your directions are incorrect. That's understandable, because the layout is somewhat of an directional confusion since both the hwy and the church are at angles.

Here's an overhead map, with N being at the top. As you can see, the "awning" corner we're talking about is on the SW corner, and the closest portion of the church to Whataburger is the NW corner. The break-in occurred at the kitchen door, we think, which is almost in the middle of the N side of the building (it's at the end of the sidewalk seen in the overhead), although there was also said to be damage to the doors at the NE corner.

attachment.php

sorry Steve S but the awning that MB parked under is on the side heading towards Waxahachie which is Southeast of Midlothian. This would be the lowest part of this pic.

I'm with you for the first half of that post. As of a few weeks ago, I began being more open to the second unsub theory. Either in the building (off camera) or not. SP doesn't look capable of the door destruction and a guaranteed take down of MB, and if I'm SP, I'd be pretty afraid I'd get that hammer (or tool) turned back on me (if I was by myself).

You've got to track MB's movements. You've go to figure out where the cameras are. You've got to position yourself to ambush her (and not be detected). You don't see the "fight" because it is intentionally off camera. You've got to clean up what I think is a messy murder scene. And you have to make a prompt escape. Two people can do all that better than one, esp if the one is this SP we've grown to know pretty well.

Totally not subscribing to a two victim scene. Two people want two other people dead? Sounds too much like a WWE script. The second is then a child (the usual accompaniment) ? No. They wanted MB GONE. For sure and minimal video.

This member does not know what a WWE script is although it matters not as it was placed in your remarks to belittle the theory of two perps; two victims. AFAIK. a child has never accompanied MB to her 5am workouts. Another CG did though. A younger person accompanied MB on her 9am camps after the others were at school.

Let that sink in a minute.

Quote BBM:
4) I have chatted with other attorneys, family members who are locals, and two retired LEOs about burglary at such a time, and the consensus was that 3-4pm was unusual for the area, and (for those with professional experience) unusual in general. You are welcome to disagree.

It was 3-4am.

-Nin

Thank you for correcting the typo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics