TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the door to room 12 is actually located on the southside hall, about where noted. (It's not important to know, but has been a source of a bit of curiosity previously due to appearing in video.)

attachment.php

I am going to disagree with you on this one, but I could be wrong since you were actually there. The reason is that in the Room 12 footage (though my scale measurement of the hallway widths are only an approximation), that particular hallway is narrower than the southside hallway by at least a foot (7' estimate, see below):

attachment.php

attachment.php

Could the room instead be just across the south hallway from your mark, with the doorway opening into the east side hallway? Similar area to where you originally estimated?

Attachments

• hall3.jpg
    hall3.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 340
  • lasthall.jpg
    lasthall.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 409
The rekindled Breck80 post seems to include lots of gossip, not one link, speculation about finances/employment among other topics, and personal information about child(ren) who should be off limits completely, IMO.
Has anyone seen a recent post from Breck80?

Agreed -- and I don't see it as 'profiling'. I see it as having a specific individual in mind, and then cherry-picking 'reasons' (usually speculation) about why this person should be considered a suspect. It's almost the opposite of profiling.

I'm under the impression that LE DOES have SOME surveillance footage of SP AFTER the murder, but not OF the murder. They have said, as I recall, that SP, they believe, went out the same way they entered.....which was the kitchen. All I can figure is that no camera captured them leaving, but that LE thinks they were headed for the place of entrance. LE probably knows in which direction SP was headed AFTER the murder, and not much beyond that. BB claims to have seen additional footage.....we do not know if he saw ALL of it. JMO

Disagree. I think it's unreasonable based on what we have. Starting in January, I believe, is what LE said in the search warrant. So that's a few months - several months - and we don't know if the exchanges were once a month, once a week, daily or whatever. There could have been a limited number of messages or a steady stream. Since we don't know the extent of those communications, I don't think we can deduce what LE thought. Nor can we have an unbiased opinion of the content of those messages. Flirty and familiar does not a relationship make.
However, we also know from that search warrant that LE had tips and information regarding their marital status, which was independent of Linked In, if I remember correctly.
Until LE quantifies "relationship", I'm saying I don't know about either partner. My opinion

Don't want to go into "shards and pieces" territory here.

Movin' on.

Too late... It already has gone into that territory! It's interesting to me to observe the "selective semantics" going on here. But as we say, movin' on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you who theorize that the murder happened in the restroom, I'm curious how you envision Swatperp exiting the scene after the murder (keeping in mind that there is no camera footage of SP after the murder). I know from conversation yesterday that at least 1 or 2 WSers think that SP ran back to the kitchen so fast that the 2 NE and 2 SW cameras did not 'catch' him running the length of the west hallway nor turning into the north hallway to access the kitchen.

Anyone have any other brainstorms?

At the end of the first PD press conference (around 13:00), Captain Johnson said the perp was seen walking down the hallway, and they assumed he was leaving as he came in.

I'm sorry if I missed this before - why is there no 4th camera on that back hallway? Does anyone else see this as odd? Is there one and we just don't know about it? Just seems strange with the layout of the building and three of four hallways captured.

LOL! Whats the shards and pieces tiff? Does it get us any closer to figuring out who SP is? Not sure that it is informative, unless the glass produced DNA of SP. If it did, what is the big delay in an arrest? Otherwise, who cares? Just My Opinion

Too late... It already has gone into that territory! It's interesting to me to observe the "selective semantics" going on here. But as we say, movin' on...

I guess we could call it a flirty, familial relationship.

That would be the $25,000 question...but frankly, I'm relieved to say I have no specific person in mind for that older accomplice (who, as mastermind, instigator, and corrupter, would be pure evil). In answer to your question, here is some largely speculative theory:

I juggled a couple theories about accomplice(s) at the outset, but the accomplice-mastermind profile I keep coming back to is an older male, possibly LE-affiliated (or formerly LE), possibly in fitness circles, who is currently involved in illegal drug (and possibly gun) activity. If this older male (OM) is in on this murder with the younger male (YM), it is possible they both have a vested interest in quieting Missy about something illicit she may have discovered (eg. Illegal steroid sales at the gym...which could be just a drop in the bad-cop bucket if this unearths a ring also involved in stolen gun sales).

I can't help suspecting that the reason the TX Rangers and then FBI and ATF got involved so quickly might be that this relates to the current bad-cop investigation in Ellis County. If so, it would certainly explain the almost convoluted vagueness and hush about Missy's manner of death ("puncture wounds" by "unknown instrument" "consistent with tools" etc.) and also that LE will not, even after autopsy, confirm that any one of those tools were the murder weapon, nor that the murder weapon was even left behind. (I think in a plot this thorough that it was not.)

Why did the ATF dogs come back to the CC the day after her autopsy? Did that hushed firearm serial number associated with Missy's murder Monday morning have anything to do with the pawning of stolen guns by bad cop Slaughter who was arrested 3 days earlier? Is Missy's murder related to the current TX Rangers corruption investigation? Is there more bad cop involvement in Ellis County? What other criminal evidence was stolen and sold from the Ellis County property room this past year?

OM (if younger male's trainer and/or supplier) may be in a position to have bribed AND threatened YM into carrying out the murder - by threatening to expose his drug use, or threatening YM's family in some way. OM may also supply (stolen) gun and cash or drugs in payment to carry out murder. YM may have been assured (erroneously) by LE-type OM that he wouldn't get caught, or, if he did, he wouldn't get capital murder thrown at him. YM may also have been willing to carry out the murder if he had a secondary personal grudge against Missy (other than that she might out his drug use), but I think when you're talking capital murder, the odds are greater that more complex motives might be at play.

Gotta go, back later. Thanks for your question - I've enjoyed the discussion, too!

Thank you for this post! This is my "scenario" to the letter!

For those of you who theorize that the murder happened in the restroom, I'm curious how you envision Swatperp exiting the scene after the murder (keeping in mind that there is no camera footage of SP after the murder). I know from conversation yesterday that at least 1 or 2 WSers think that SP ran back to the kitchen so fast that the 2 NE and 2 SW cameras did not 'catch' him running the length of the west hallway nor turning into the north hallway to access the kitchen.

Anyone have any other brainstorms?

In that costume,and those boots, I can't visualize him running at all,but jmo.

Reference pic
attachment.php

The area to the right is actually a recessed area and not the main entrance, which is further down on the left?
Yep
Is the hall that runs along the southern portion of the building almost immediately after the door on the bottom right?
Yep
Do you know what the accordion looking thing is on the right wall?
Nope, sorry - perhaps some sort of wall decor

the accordion door is probably for donuts and coffee in the morning. My sons church has an area like this as well.

By the way, just a reminder that it's always good to "reply with quote" when responding to a post. Some of you are replying without quoting but are obviously responding to something.

The nice thing about the Tapatalk app... If you do reply with quote properly, the other person gets a notification that you replied to their post. Otherwise, they might never know that you were talking to them.

Except when you break it down to the perspective lines of the 3-dimensional space, then measure each item and subject correctly within that space, the doors do not look so small after all. You have to consider perspective and something called the parallax view - the position of the camera and the items in its line of sight. If the doors along the wall are 84" high, I estimate the gentleman in the blue shirt (back row, right) to be approximately 5'9"-5'10" tall, wearing shoes. See below:

attachment.php

Interestingly, FYI, if I were to remeasure the persons in this scene using a scale of 80" door installations, that puts the blue shirt man at 5'6" or so, and the woman in the lavender shirt at around 5'1". The three women in the back row (leaning over) would all be under 5 ft tall. Since that measurement would indicate that every single person in MB's CG class stood at least 4-6 inches below average heights (for adults based on their sex), my opinion is it's highly unlikely the doors in the church are 80" tall, but are in fact 84".

The original measurements (84" door), on the other hand, put nearly everyone in the CG class within average height ranges, and I estimate the camera is being held somewhere between 4'6" and 5' in height.

Interesting. I tend to think of shards as larger pieces, perhaps pointed. (At the risk of being melodramatic, one could pick up a pointed shard of glass and use it as a weapon.). Broken glass can, IMHO, include shards, but also can refer to small shattered bits of glass. Perhaps our differences of opinion illustrates why the difference could potentially be Significant.

Very true! [emoji106]Either is not a good thing to get attacked by. I am going to ask a local LE to see if it is an important distinction.[emoji859]

Enjoy, all! Scroll and roll when necessary!.........JMO

I am going to disagree with you on this one, but I could be wrong since you were actually there. The reason is that in the Room 12 footage (though my scale measurement of the hallway widths are only an approximation), that particular hallway is narrower than the southside hallway by at least a foot (7' estimate, see below):

attachment.php

attachment.php

Could the room instead be just across the south hallway from your mark, with the doorway opening into the east side hallway? Similar area to where you originally estimated?

I'm inclined to believe too that Rm 12 is in the long, narrower east hallway. But I'm wondeing if this is the view from the NE camera looking southward down the hall--making Rm 12 right by the NE doors. That hallway would run north-south behind the sanctuary. If you study the Rm 12 photo, there is another open door at the far end of the hallway on the same side as the Rm 12 door in the foreground. There appear to be few, if any doors along the opposite wall of the hallway...which would be true if this is the sanctuary side of the east hallway.

Looking at the the south hallway (with the dutch doors), there are more classrooms on the right side of that hall, fewer on the left (sanctuary) side.

LOL! Whats the shards and pieces tiff? Does it get us any closer to figuring out who SP is? Not sure that it is informative, unless the glass produced DNA of SP. If it did, what is the big delay in an arrest? Otherwise, who cares? Just My Opinion

I think the original speculation was regarding tempered glass (SW awning doors), possible glass table nearby, or mirror from restroom doors.

And then, if tempered glass/normal glass broke into shards or broken pieces? Which term produced larger pieces of glass and yes, DNA.

It probably isn't a huge issue, just discussion/conversation. ;)

Hope I don't dream of shards [emoji23]

Please - no more shards!!! Ugh. We've discussed shards to death. :gaah:

I'm sorry if I missed this before - why is there no 4th camera on that back hallway? Does anyone else see this as odd? Is there one and we just don't know about it? Just seems strange with the layout of the building and three of four hallways captured.

We believe there is. It's just difficult to pinpoint the exact location of the camera with the footage we have. I think SteveS and a few of us others are trying to narrow that down further. Camera Four took the "Room 12" footage (subject breaking glass), so we are all trying to figure out where that camera is placed, and which direction it's pointed.

We believe there is. It's just difficult to pinpoint the exact location of the camera with the footage we have. I think SteveS and a few of us others are trying to narrow that down further. Camera Four took the "Room 12" footage (subject breaking glass), so we are all trying to figure out where that camera is placed, and which direction it's pointed.

One map has placed two cams as so in the NE corner of the building - though I have no idea if their placement is accurate:

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members