TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 97506

I believe this is the image that is causing some confusion. IMO, the camera is already on because the perpetrator had just been in the hallway and the camera had not gone to sleep yet. Another open door can be seen further up the hall on the left.

One issue I'm having with Room 12 being on the backside of the auditorium is that, if it were, then there should be multiple doors to classrooms on the opposite wall. It doesn't appear that there are. There is obviously one just out of camera view as we see the suspect breaking the window out of it to reach through and open the door. It also looks like there may be the reflection of a door on the floor further up and to the right. The spacing leads me to believe there may be more doors on the left than the right. In that case, I wonder if Room 12 is on the east side, maybe across the hall from Room 10 and this camera is located in th NE corner looking down the east corridor. So the wall with fewer doors would be on the backside of the auditorium.

View attachment 97505

Yes, this was what I was trying to say to Batbrat yesterday, but I think my post must've been confusing. Room 12 appears to be located along the 'skinny' (7' wide) corridor on the east side of the building - I'm thinking just south of the NE doors, as the camera is virtually above Rm 12's doorway. Room 12 itself appears to be on the east side of the hall because the west (opposite) side of that corridor is almost devoid of rooms. So that would likely be the wall fronting the sanctuary/auditorium, which likely has a small room at either end (often a small office or changing room for baptisms, according to some common church plans). When SP comes out of Rm 12, he starts hammering at the window of a door right opposite RM 12 - I believe that last bit of video is of him hammering the window of the door to Rm 10 on your diagram.

Here are my posts from yesterday about this:

I'm inclined to believe too that Rm 12 is in the long, narrower east hallway. But I'm wondeing if this is the view from the NE camera looking southward down the hall--making Rm 12 right by the NE doors. That hallway would run north-south behind the sanctuary. If you study the Rm 12 photo, there is another open door at the far end of the hallway on the same side as the Rm 12 door in the foreground. There appear to be few, if any doors along the opposite wall of the hallway...which would be true if this is the sanctuary side of the east hallway.

Looking at the the south hallway (with the dutch doors), there are more classrooms on the right side of that hall, fewer on the left (sanctuary) side.

Trying this post again...

Here's a photo of the rear of the church from Thread 5 page 4. The inset in the corner (foreground) is where the broken NE doors are. The window just to the left of that...might that be room 12?

View attachment 97450

I doubt that the church folks want their detailed floor plan posted on the Internet. Their security has already been violated by the break-in and Missy's murder. I don't see any of them sharing it here, and I can't blame them.

Yes, you are right, Scout. A simple, scribbled layout would do it too. ;--)

-Nin

I doubt that the church folks want their detailed floor plan posted on the Internet. Their security has already been violated by the break-in and Missy's murder. I don't see any of them sharing it here, and I can't blame them.

That's a really good point. Maybe a bit too much of that has already been going on. And to what end, really?

Not sure if this has been posted, Has any of the Churches staff been considered as maybe being SP? I know its "Out There" but again so isn't this case. The person would know the building, cameras, schedules, etc. just my thoughts and opinions.

Yes, but we cannot sleuth them. We can privately research them.

-Nin

I think the digs against LE are very unfortunate. One of the worst recent examples, IMO, are the baseless questions throwing suspicion on LE's 'independent corroboration' of BB and RB's alibis. I mean, people have been suggesting/implying that LE would have just checked one source to corroborate each. Give me a break -- it's not the hugest department, but they're not Keystone Cops.

The MPD has had no qualms about taking "digs" in our direction. In the most recent presser, they somehow managed to chide social media for wasting their time, while at the same time admitting they had exhausted their leads anyway.

I live in this state in which MB was killed. I know all about small town LE - the good, the bad and the ugly. And if ever there was an area we should be wary of what LE is doing, it's ELLIS County where Midlothian is.

<modsnip>

If the MPD someday shows some sign of progress in this case, I'll applaud them. Right now, We have lots of reasons to ask questions. Asking questions doesn't hurt anyone... It holds our institutions accountable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT but another murder in DFW - happened in Garland TX. This guy was a local journalist and part time real estate agent. The interesting part is they have called in the FBI, US Marshals and Secret Service to investigate. Similar cast of characters but no TX Rangers here and no Secret Service in MB's case(or at least not that we are aware of).

http://www.fox4news.com/news/167065767-story

I've come to believe Batbrat is correct about camera placement. I think they probably thought it was adequate. The issue they've run into is that cameras' don't reach the entire length of the corridors, particularly on the longer east and west corridors. Additionally, the motion sensors seem to have shorter range than the cameras, which is why the camera doesn't turn on unti perp is within tha range.
Maybe they only placed cameras near rooms where there was something to steal. With that on mind the cameras may have been perfectly sufficient.

I apologize in advance if this has already been through the block but I'm still puzzled about it. Any idea exactly how LE came to the conclusion that SP was "light-skinned"? From what we've seen and heard that I'm aware of, SP was covered from head to toes in gloves, helmet, baklava or something covering face. From the looks of what I've seen only eyes/pupils possibly eyebrows/lashes were showing and those photos were not even LE photos. Do they have some showing skin of SP?
i believe it is on the first press release roadrunner.. The media page here has the transcript. I'm on my ipad, and I can't manuver very well on here. I can send it to you where the LE said he believed that SP was light skinned.

Maybe they only placed cameras near rooms where there was something to steal. With that on mind the cameras may have been perfectly sufficient.

I would rather say the kids' areas have priority. JMO

-Nin

I apologize in advance if this has already been through the block but I'm still puzzled about it. Any idea exactly how LE came to the conclusion that SP was "light-skinned"? From what we've seen and heard that I'm aware of, SP was covered from head to toes in gloves, helmet, baklava or something covering face. From the looks of what I've seen only eyes/pupils possibly eyebrows/lashes were showing and those photos were not even LE photos. Do they have some showing skin of SP?
This is a frame from MPD's video, completely unretouched. This one shows about as much of SP's face as any, and "light" skin color.

Attachments

• missy.bevers1.35828orig.jpg
    missy.bevers1.35828orig.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 96

This was stated after the Tarrant County digital investigation team did their high-tech video reconstruction. They said they have a more complete description but not releasing it.

How did I miss this in the cell phone warrant? That was no flashlight!,

Based upon the facts and circumstances surrounding this crime of murder as presentlyknown by the Affiant, and in conjunction with the Affiants training and experiences in lawenforcement, crimes against persons, and criminal activity, Affiant believes and chargesthat at the time of the commission of the offense of murder that the unknown suspect wasin possession of a cell phone for the following purposes, without limitation: (i) confirmingthrough public social media sites and/or applications the updated workout times andlocations as posted by Ms. Bevers; (ii) communicating
in the nature of calls, messages,texting, emails, data, push-to-talk, and walky-talky; (iii) using smart phone capabilities tophotograph, record, and/or video the victim and the murderous act; and (iv) usingfunctional applications and tools such as map locator applications, clock or timingcapabilities, GPS locating applications, and flashlight.

Thank you for this! I had decided SP had a baby monitor in the jacket pocket. Maybe what I was seeing was a cell phone!

Or a walkie talkie..Which would suggest SP as having a partner - which I don't subscribe to ATM..but seeing that was an eye opener.

Teaching positions can be hard find. We know she substitute taught the spring of 2014....
From this we see at $70/day she would be earning about $10/hr with no benefits. She had health insurance benefits from Camp Gladiator....

bbm sbm^. IIUC from cg website,* trainers are independent contractors. Unlike employees, IC's receive very few, if any, benefits & perks (iiuc gen bus. practice). So doubtful, imo, cg pays any premium toward trainer health ins.. JM2cts, could be wrong.

"What benefits does Camp Gladiator provide to CG Trainers?Camp Gladiator provides an income opportunity that is unmatched in the fitness industry in addition to its amazing platform of behind the scenes support. We also host bi-annual meetings that provide our trainer force with approved continuing education units for their CPTs with nationally accredited organizations. The Camp Gladiator brand is unparalleled and provides its Independent Contractors with instant recognition and credibility. CG Trainers work together using the CG Platform to collaborate, share ideas and best practices, and grow as a fitness professional." bbm A bit O/T, at same ln:
"Does Camp Gladiator provide CG Trainers with workouts and equipment?
Since our trainers are the best of the best, we encourage them to be creative and come up with their own workouts. However, CG does provide sample workouts and trainers share new ideas to keep things fresh. All workouts also have an overall theme that relates to the CG 4-Week Cycle. In terms of equipment, since CG trainers are Independent Contractors, they purchase their own equipment for workouts." bbm
http://campgladiator.com/

I have to second this. I have posted a diagram that is generally accurate, and using detail based on personal knowledge (I'm fairly local), for the purpose of cleaning up some of the layout errors we had been seeing in the Nancy Grace sketch and so on, especially in the SW corner where so much occurred. I have also conferred and shared info on some details one-on-one with batbrat and scout in their efforts to do the same. Hopefully it will be helpful to the conversation.

But is there any real value in the game of trying to figure out every little nook and cranny, and posting every security detail of that building? As much as we're curious, how does it help the case to learn and diagram where room 6 is or room 12 or the location of every security cam? I'm not sure. Maybe not at all.

In fact, while we've finally cleaned up the previously-botched detail of the SW corner where so much occurred, I'm wondering if even THAT info is really helpful to solving this crime. I gotta admit that it's not like LE and thousands of others didn't already know what the building and its SW entrance looks like. There's no perp to be found there. I look at myself and I wonder, am I considering enough what's good for this church and its members, especially kids that attend there and need a secure setting, or am I sacrificing them for no real reason? I dunno - and I should.

Do I recall correctly that they said they believe missy was in contact with the killer? I believe they said that in the search warrant. This seems to be a huge detail to me. Would PROBABLY eliminate the robbery idea. Would PROBABLY eliminate a random contract killer. Would PROBABLY eliminate a young "joy kill." But you would think this would PROBABLY lead them down a very narrow path.
I emphasize the word probably because this is just my opinion and I know there are twisted possibilities that go against this. Just seems we continue to steer further and further away when it seems that the killer may have been very familiar with her.
My guess is that they have this very narrowed down and they are just looking for that ah-ha connection that links this person to the crime scene.
My opinion

But is there any real value in the game of trying to figure out every little nook and cranny, and posting every security detail of that building? As much as we're curious, how does it help the case to learn and diagram where room 6 is or room 12 or the location of every security cam? I'm not sure. Maybe not at all.

In fact, while we've finally cleaned up the previously-botched detail of the SW corner where so much occurred, I'm wondering if even THAT info is really helpful to solving this crime. I gotta admit that it's not like LE and thousands of others didn't already know what the building and its SW entrance looks like. There's no perp to be found there. I look at myself and I wonder, am I considering enough what's good for this church and its members, especially kids that attend there and need a secure setting, or am I sacrificing them for no real reason? I dunno - and I should.
rsbm

I strongly agree. I've increasingly been tuning out the layout discussions as I've not seen them yield any useful information whatsoever. And I don't know how they could. It seems more a matter of satisfying the curiosity of some people. As I asked before, to what end does it really serve? I've never seen a satisfying reason for why most of the layout questions seem so important. And I am glad that Scout's post reminded us of the other side of the coin. To some extent, the members of the church are also victims in all of this, and their sanctuary is effectively being 'sleuthed' because of this directionless curiosity.

I have also been bothered by this "knowing" comment and also one from MT, "The morning before we knew anything had happened, he said ‘I’ve told her, I’ve told her she’s got to be careful.’ He was just so afraid something would happen,” said Tucker. "Before"? Maybe she just misspoke but that struck me from the first.

I interpreted that to mean, on Sunday morning during a conversation with his mother, he told his mother that he had told Missy to be careful.

Personally, I don't believe either of those conversations ever happened, but that's what I think the meaning was supposed to be.

Also, I think she must not have had a gun that she carried around...seems like BB wouldn't have been worried if she was armed.

In honor of MB, her family requested that Camp Gladiator make a donation in Missy's name to:

http://campfirecreek.org/support-campfire/donate-now

another facet of her life, perhaps? Or theirs?

this info comes from: FB Camp Gladiator page. Since I don't think I can post a FB link here..search for Camp Gladiator, Missy Bevers in FB

someone may have posted this already as I am catching up. MB worked with kids with disabilities and Campfire Creek works with persons with disabilities. Great place and great place to donate in honor of MB.

To me, it just sounds the same as saying..we were just talking about this Tuesday...and now look what's happened..jmo

Regarding the "statements" made,
to me, it sounds...something that

[I have a hard time "believing".]

and it would be "astronomical odds"
(unless someone "knew" that something was going to happen)

```````
(I don't have a "link" to this, but I remember reading,
a similar statement, but in it, it was stated:
been warning her for "two weeks", before this occurred.
I remember reading that, but I do not know exactly what article/interview information it was, that I was reading about.)

`````````
(I am not one who believes they were involved in this.
With that said,)

I do believe, however, that they have made some odd-sounding "statements". (I have noticed 'many' of them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregoryImmep