TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,21005642,00.html

May 10, 2016 "...But [MT] Tucker has mixed feelings about Camp Gladiator, noting that she doesn't even like to say the name. Asked why, she replies, "I guess because it took so much of her life, and then it took her life." ..."

and from the same People interview

“…In a separate phone interview on Tuesday, Marsha Tucker, Brandon's mother and Missy's mother-in-law, tells PEOPLE that the details about Missy's "flirtatious" messages "knocked us down a little bit." Tucker says she wasn't aware the couple was having financial or marital problems. ..."

MT wrote two letters addressed to the unknown SwatPerp. Here on 5/10, she blames CG for taking MB's life. Frankly, I don't believe her at all when she says she was unaware of financial and marital problems. Remember

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/...dlothian-mother-was-worried-about-her-safety/

“..."The morning before we knew anything had happened, he said ‘I’ve told her, I’ve told her she’s got to be careful.’ He was just so afraid something would happen,” said [MT] Tucker. ..."

JMO I have a hard time reconciling a close MT-BB relationship where he expresses intimate details about being afraid for MB, where MB texts MT thanking her for taking BB to his medical appointment showing a lot of MT involvement with the family, and then feigned lack of knowledge of any financial or marital problems. Without saying too much, MT would have knowledge about BB's finances.

This quote has seemed off to me from the start ..."The morning before we knew anything had happened, he said ‘I’ve told her, I’ve told her she’s got to be careful '. Maybe she misspoke but she's actually saying she talked to BB that morning before they knew. So BB calls his mom at 4-5 am while on a fishing trip and talks about his concern. Just strikes me as odd.

I have to second this. I have posted a diagram that is generally accurate, and using detail based on personal knowledge (I'm fairly local), for the purpose of cleaning up some of the layout errors we had been seeing in the Nancy Grace sketch and so on, especially in the SW corner where so much occurred. I have also conferred and shared info on some details one-on-one with batbrat and scout in their efforts to do the same. Hopefully it will be helpful to the conversation.

But is there any real value in the game of trying to figure out every little nook and cranny, and posting every security detail of that building? As much as we're curious, how does it help the case to learn and diagram where room 6 is or room 12 or the location of every security cam? I'm not sure. Maybe not at all.

In fact, while we've finally cleaned up the previously-botched detail of the SW corner where so much occurred, I'm wondering if even THAT info is really helpful to solving this crime. I gotta admit that it's not like LE and thousands of others didn't already know what the building and its SW entrance looks like. There's no perp to be found there. I look at myself and I wonder, am I considering enough what's good for this church and its members, especially kids that attend there and need a secure setting, or am I sacrificing them for no real reason? I dunno - and I should.
I think you all have done a great job on the floorplans and cameras. The most injurious things to security at the CoC are the fact that a murder occurred there, LE put out that the exterior cameras were only working intermittently or not at all, the cameras as shown on MPD released videos might be a tad inadequate and need upgrading, and that LE put out that they do not have an alarm system/permit that connects to LE. All of these problems are not created by WS'ers and can be remedied by CoC.

There are many reasons to explore the floorplan and cameras:

-was this a burglary for theft gone wrong?
-was this a vandalism?
-was this a staged burglary?
-why didn't SP take anything - was SP unable to locate something?
-if there is anything of value to take, where in the building is it? (like AV equipment, or the office)
-why did SP seem to have so much trouble with entry if he is a burglar?
-how much knowledge did SP have of the CoC floorplan? of the cameras and alarms?
-why is SP so confident that they are unconcerned about being seen on the cameras?
-where was SP, what was SP doing, where did SP lie in wait or encounter MB?
-where was MB going after she went inside?
-where was MB body located?
-why didn't the cameras capture the struggle? Did SP care if the cameras captured or not?
-why didn't MB see the interior damage or opened doors when she entered?
-how did SP escape?

You know I like lists LOL, there are too many points to count on this one. Suffice it to say that an exploration of the interior of the building does yield clues to the crime in terms of SP behaviors and possible motives, as well as the encounter with victim.

Thank you for bumping this most interesting profile of a possible unsub in Missy's murder. MB is the one who got AJ involved in CG. Could postpartum blues have been an influence on her thoughts as I was unaware of the brain injury but thought there was also a foot injury as a result of the fall. She would have access to most of the tactical gear we've seen in her husband's photos while training self-defense classes. Can anyone match her eyes to the eyes seen on the CCTV?

Today (Sunday) and the evening's posts have been highly informative and productive. My favorite hat is off to everyone who contributed. I stand in awe of your amazing work.

BBM It was the daughter that was injured, not CT. I missed the details of CT injuring foot. Can you elaborate please.

I'm bumping this because we're now a few pages past it and no one has answered yet. I just read that there was yet another carjacking a few days ago in Midlothian, with the carjacker dying in a collision post-theft. http://www.redoakrecord.com/2016/ne...-crash-2-killed-including-carjacking-suspect/

​I wonder why a relatively small city like Midlothian has two carjackings a couple of months apart? And the April one was really brazen – broad daylight 2:30 pm at a WalMart on Easter Sunday. Surveillance at a church nearby caught someone dropping them off in a silver sedan - suspiciously like the one in the SWFA parking lot the night of MB's murder. I'm not necessarily saying that the event is related to MB in any way, although one of the carjackers does appear to have a similar gait with the right foot extending out. But what I'm curious about is, if MPD didn't solve THAT crime, what are the chances they're going to solve MB?

that actually happened Jan 8, 2016. I don't know why that story is on a paper in Red Oak posted June 28.

-was this a vandalism?
-if there is anything of value to take, where in the building is it? (like AV equipment, or the office)
-how much knowledge did SP have of the CoC floorplan? of the cameras and alarms?
-why is SP so confident that they are unconcerned about being seen on the cameras?
-why didn't the cameras capture the struggle?
-how did SP escape?

RSBM --

I think you make my point here. Most of these questions cannot be solved by any amount of information about the floorplan. Most of them do not have anything to do with the floorplan at all. Even if we had complete knowledge of the floorplan vis a vis some of these questions, we would likely be no closer to being able to solve the case.

And MTs lecture to fictitious perp about "agape" love, blew me away too.LOL

Is this word a biblical word or something used in sermons in church(es)? I have literally never heard it used in a sentence until this case.

I interpreted that to mean, on Sunday morning during a conversation with his mother, he told his mother that he had told Missy to be careful.

Personally, I don't believe either of those conversations ever happened, but that's what I think the meaning was supposed to be.

Also, I think she must not have had a gun that she carried around...seems like BB wouldn't have been worried if she was armed.

BBM I am not sure about that. Even armed I would worry about my spouse. Just because they have a gun doesn't mean a perp couldn't take it away from her. Especially if she hadn't used a gun much. My husband was worried about me when I was on the road and I carried. He still worried.

This quote has seemed off to me from the start ..."The morning before we knew anything had happened, he said ‘I’ve told her, I’ve told her she’s got to be careful '. Maybe she misspoke but she's actually saying she talked to BB that morning before they knew. So BB calls his mom at 4-5 am while on a fishing trip and talks about his concern. Just strikes me as odd.
Thanks. I just "heard" that statement in yet another different way based on your post. More like "That morning, before we knew..." or "In the morning, before we knew..." which makes no sense whatsoever if MT and BB had a phone conversation THAT morning Monday before the murder as you note. LE knows if they were talking THAT morning. The quote is from People magazine so I don't know if there is video and audio of the exact words or inflections used. MT appeared on some show's cameras - some googled photos of MT have Inside Edition on them and she is being interviewed and reading something (one of her letters to the killer?).

If one wanted to know the layout of that building, all they would have to do is attend church there one time. I don't think the information concerning the layout is causing any harm. The other details such as camera placement, alarms, etc. aren't that much different than what most buildings would have. I would think that after this that the security will be looked at to decide if an upgrade is needed, jmo.

I interpreted that to mean, on Sunday morning during a conversation with his mother, he told his mother that he had told Missy to be careful.

Personally, I don't believe either of those conversations ever happened, but that's what I think the meaning was supposed to be.

Also, I think she must not have had a gun that she carried around...seems like BB wouldn't have been worried if she was armed.

Still, what she said was, "The morning before we knew anything had happened". IMO that is the morning of the murder. If it was the day before you would say "the morning before it happened", not "the morning before we knew". That is saying, it had happened but we didn't know yet.

I agree with you. If one wanted to know the layout of that building, all they would have to do is attend church there one time. I don't think the information concerning the layout is causing any harm. The other details such as camera placement, alarms, etc. aren't that much different than what most buildings would have. I would think that after this that the security will be looked at to decide if an upgrade is needed, jmo.

I am curious about which exterior glass was broken. Are there enough photos of the exterior to piece together which windows were broken?

Is this word a biblical word or something used in sermons in church(es)? I have literally never heard it used in a sentence until this case.

I hadn't heard it either. I'm quite sure another sleuther posted the definition a while ago but here we go:

Agape love (Ancient Greek: ἀγάπη, agápē) is "love: the highest form of love, charity; the love of God for man and of man for God." Not to be confused with "philēo" - brotherly love - agápē embraces a universal, unconditional love that transcends, that serves regardless of circumstances.

ETA: sorry sandy.....I was typing at the same time as you!

I am curious about which exterior glass was broken. Are there enough photos of the exterior to piece together which windows were broken?

Broken exterior glass:

1. The small glass window in the exterior metal door to the kitchen was broken out allowing the perpetrator to reach in and open the door.

2. The screen was damaged but not sure if the glass was broken in a window adjacent to the kitchen door.

3. The outer glass doors at the NE entrance were broken.

BB'S WARNING TO MISSY on being careful:
I wouldn't take it as a sign of anything. I warned someone multiple times to be careful with their prescription pain killers, and they ended up dying of an overdose, anyways. I was still in terrible shock when it happened. Worrying about it was one thing, but the reality was surreal. JMO

I haven't even gotten past this point yet:
Did the, "warning to Missy", even (really) occur? (??)

I know what they "said".
(But, is it true, that it "really" did occur?) (??)

(The "statements" were made,
> after-the-fact <,
of, this happening.)

So I don't know if I can even "believe", that the "statements" made, are - in fact - true.

( +

I have seen other "statements" made by them,
that struck me as "odd".)

(It seems that some other have noticed this, as well.)

I hope I am wrong,
but I am starting to think that,
they "might" have made some - untrue - statements.

("If" that is the case,
I still do not think they were involved.
However, I would like to know - "why" - they did that.)

(i.e.:
"If" they have told some "lies".
Why, "lie" ?)

If one wanted to know the layout of that building, all they would have to do is attend church there one time. I don't think the information concerning the layout is causing any harm. The other details such as camera placement, alarms, etc. aren't that much different than what most buildings would have. I would think that after this that the security will be looked at to decide if an upgrade is needed, jmo.

Good point.

Some of us find the layout helpful; some don't. There's a whole lot of other discussion here that I think is pointless. To each their own.

Still, what she said was, "The morning before we knew anything had happened". IMO that is the morning of the murder. If it was the day before you would say "the morning before it happened", not "the morning before we knew". That is saying, it had happened but we didn't know yet.
More curioser than it ever was before! A camper called BB sometime after MB's body was discovered at 5:00AM. Then BB calls MT between 5:00-5:30AM because KS (NBC5 report) says MT called her at 5:30AM. Somewhere in there, LE called BB twice. Why would MT and BB have a call before 5:00AM "before we knew anything happened"?

I've looked in the Media Thread and can't find it.....must be overlooking somehow, so can you give me a little more direction, please? Maybe it's in with something else.....
I'm not familiar with sponsor ads for memorial services. Thanks.

I did not state that it was a Memorial Service. Please do not misstate my words.

He was one of the sponsors listed on Missy's Memorial Flyer that can be found at the Media Thread.

13226827_1009211542447191_714036639405252578_n.jpg

Source:
https://www.bing.com/images/detail/search?iss=sbi&FORM=CHROMI#

I think you all have done a great job on the floorplans and cameras. The most injurious things to security at the CoC are the fact that a murder occurred there, LE put out that the exterior cameras were only working intermittently or not at all, the cameras as shown on MPD released videos might be a tad inadequate and need upgrading, and that LE put out that they do not have an alarm system/permit that connects to LE. All of these problems are not created by WS'ers and can be remedied by CoC.

-was this a vandalism?
-why didn't the cameras capture the struggle? Did SP care if the cameras captured or not?
-how did SP escape?

You know I like lists LOL, there are too many points to count on this one. Suffice it to say that an exploration of the interior of the building does yield clues to the crime in terms of SP behaviors and possible motives, as well as the encounter with victim.

What we are not able to see...may hold the most clues.

When (if?) trial happens & the state and defense teams put on their cases, likely to show jury the vid LE already shared publicly.

We've had extended discussions/disagreements in interpreting many aspects of SP: gender, height, weight, eye color, eye shape, age, fitness, gait, shoe size, shoe/boot type, clothes helmet & equipment, drug or alcohol impairment, dominant hand, job/experience-related gestures, etc. We've analyzed all this down to the molecular level without a consensus on any one factor - let alone a unanimous conclusion a jury must reach.

I hope both legal teams will offer clear explanations w their vid's - as to sequence, placement, etc. because there are so many other ^ issues, open to multiple interpretations.

But doubtful imo that we'll solve the case by having floorplan w every nook & cranny properly scaled. JM2cts, but I'd still like to know that the floorplan we're using has been corroborated as accurate.

Why did SP spend all their time in that SW corner? What about the other halls? Nothing interesting there? Or they needed to be relatively close to where MB would be coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member