TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my third try to create an enhanced image of the SP. Each time, I have used slightly different video sources/frames. The other two attempts are located at Thread #23, Post 941, and Threat #25, Post #715.

That said, I know many are pretty tired of attempts to enhance the SP’s face. And many, including myself, do worry that some of the results are more examples of "pareidolia" rather than good images. This is probably unsurprising, however, given that the source materials available to the public are fairly low quality (nor do we likely have access to the best techniques LE has).

Even so, the fact that the SP appears on camera – while looking straight at the camera for several moments – makes it nearly impossible to stop trying, even if it is ultimately a losing proposition, based on the hope that maybe, just maybe, some useful and valid image could be discerned. As such, and ever since I saw Sparky’s former and striking avatar, I’ve been trying hard myself to recreate something similarly compelling given what we do have available. In particular, I wanted to see if I could create something close to Sparky's avatar given that I did not know the precise frame/source/methods used to derive it. (I think my third attempt actually reaches a pretty similar result, however, which I find encouraging.)

My eventual hope is that the “best of” such attempts will at least give some insight into what the SP does or does not look like. At a minimum, someone who really doesn’t match any of the different images would seem to be an unlikely suspect, absent some facial disguise we aren’t aware of---

As before, I’ve made a tutorial video showing how I derived the image:

https://youtu.be/GEcE6XyW838

Thanks,

Mr. X

Good Job!!
Still looks like the vicious SwatPerp that I keep banging my head to figure out 1 or more things I could have missed.

Thanks Mr X

Maybe. I took it to mean he thought the ring was something of value a burglar would take. Her engagement ring is sparkly. :)

If I recall correctly from one of MB's FB pages she did have on a diamond. Can't link FB. But does not mean she wore it or not.

I rarely wear mine anymore cause I'm afraid someone will try to grab it from my finger 😳

And what baffles me about the interview @ him talking that he was going to use that insurance to get the girls counseling...??? I'm sure someone would donate their services (professional or church member) to help out with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on what kind of counseling he is pursuing. A licenced counselor could cost around $100 an hour without insurance. A good insurance policy would provide mental health coverage and would make those visits cost nothing more than a co-pay. (my wife works for a Christian counseling center)

As a pastor myself, I would highly recommend a "professional" for the kids. Even with all of my experience, I would still feel this would be a bit "over-my head" and out of my area of expertise in trying to help the kids deal with this emotionally rather than spiritually.

SWINGING FROM BURGLARY TO TARGET
Since there's very minimal off-camera space (in the SW corner) where Missy walked, I'm swinging my opinion of burglary to targeted. In order for the perp to get the crime off camera, it would either take prior thinking/planning or a huge amount of luck or coincidence. I'm going with planning.

I still follow here, but I've exhausted my theories on her murder. I just find it amazing that someone committed this murder with surveillance cameras in the area and now we are 2 months from when it happened with no arrest. The fact that the murderer walked out of the church, got in their car and drove off and the vehicle is not really captured on video because the outside cameras were not working. How lucky can a perp get!

With little information the public has been allowed, the SwatPerp got lucky, but I won't give up on Missy Bevers

A CG participant is not a Bevers familymember, not neccessarily a friend and surely not a co-worker, right? Just saying..Who else does not fall in either one of those categories? Start your lists..

-Nin

• A rogue cop?

Hi Scout

Is the FBI still on this investigation? I can't recall.

Tks

There haven't been any recent updates on FBI involvement. However, a criminal investigative analysis is a service offered to other LE agencies by the FBI. Midlo PD would be well advised to consult them.

I think that perp encountered the same problem at the NE that I have been explaining. He tried to bash in the glass in the door, to use the push bar to open it, and then discovered that the push bar wouldn't open it. (Then he went around the side, tried it at the small window in the kitchen door, and same thing.) Ultimately, imo he ended up having to pry the lock off the kitchen door, to gain access.

This is a key part of the puzzle I think, and one I'd like to discuss again if anyone's up for it.

The thing is, those NE doors were GLASS double doors. It wouldn't have presented quite the same break-in challenge as the metal kitchen door (which could not have been climbed into). We know these NE doors were both broken because we have photos of them being boarded up with two 4x8' plywood sheets. Here's arkansasmimi's screenshot of the repairs to the NE doors from thread 4 or 5:

image.jpg

Here's the back of the building (those NE doors were up a half-flight of stairs in that recessed area by the dumpsters):

image.jpg

So here's the thing I keep coming back to...

WHY spend all that time and energy hacking off the hardware from the side metal kitchen door, if 2 glass doors just around the corner were completely broken out? Swatperp could've just crawled through the broken-out areas of those double doors. It'd have been far easier than attempting to climb into the raised kitchen window and far, FAR easier than hacking off the kitchen door's hardware and manipulating the tricky locking pins.

I keep coming back to the increasingly strong conviction that Swatperp HAD to enter by way of the kitchen for some reason. And the only thing that stands out as important enough to necessitate that entry concerns those hall cameras and his disguise. It must've been necessary for SP to enter by way of the kitchen because there are NO motion-activated cameras in the kitchen recording his entry.

Consider this 1st scenario:

Swatperp dresses in SP costume, complete with tools and gear, and comes to a darkened, locked-up church in the pouring rain at 3:50 AM. He has with him at least one powerful breaching tool - (we know this because he used one with great difficulty to hack off the exterior panic hardware of the kitchen door to enter the building) and probably a light source (flashlite, head cam, maybe iPhone flashlite). So here in the middle of the night in the pouring rain Swatperp considers his entry options and...

Decides to hack and wrestle the panic hardware off a metal fire door???

But just around the corner from the kitchen are the rear glass double doors (NE corner by the dumpster). They are in fact broken out by SP - why? Two purposes are possible, hypothetically, for breaking those doors at the outset - vandalism or breaking in. But why wouldn't SP enter by way of those if he was going to break them via vandalism, anyway? Surely he knew the points of entry for the church - a simple walk or drive around would make those obvious. Those NE glass doors would've provided excellent coverage, and he obviously didn't have any qualms about smashing them with a breaching tool...so why not enter the building that way?? But he apparently doesn't because Swatperp instead chooses to stand out in the pouring rain hacking into the kitchen door's hardware. It doesn't make sense at all unless for some reason it was vital to the plan to enter by way of the kitchen, vital to avoid those NE hall cameras upon building ENTRY, even though not vital to avoid them after leaving the kitchen.

The video we've seen doesn't show a wet Swatperp, or even wet hall floors...something to ponder.

Consider this 2nd scenario:

The Swatperp costume and gear was in the kitchen, possibly even in the vestibule of the metal door entrance in a large black trash bag in the rolling trash receptacle pictured there. And a fairly wet perp NOT in disguise entered by way of the kitchen door or window in order to stay out of camera view until dried off and changed into the SP costume left there, (left either by himself or an accomplice during Sunday activities or during the weekend blood drive).

SP then leaves the kitchen upon donning his dry costume and proceeds to make his way around the church vandalizing and entering rooms. He sees the NE double door and bashes the glass out. Two purposes are possible at this point - vandalism or staging point of entry/exit. One other purpose is no longer logical (point of entry).

The only reason that comes to mind why a perp would choose a considerably harder point of entry (in the pouring rain) over the obvious, easier one is some sort of Bigger Motivation. Something was far more vital than having an easy, fast break in - and the only thing I can come up with is those north hallway cameras and the fact that SP may not yet have been disguised properly.

Consider this utterly speculative, elaborative, and brainstorming scenario #3 (keeping in mind it's late night thinking):

Swatperp (teen, male) is wearing gym shorts and white tee; is driven to the CC property by accomplice in fire truck. Fireman accomplice uses his professional skills & tools to ratchet off and open up panic hardware for swatperp, who then enters kitchen and dons swat costume and gear left by accomplice #3 (perhaps one with bad cop ties) over his clothes. He then folds up black trash bag and puts in vest pocket and continues on with scenario 2. Firetruck drives off property and maybe heads on up Walnut Grove Rd to the fire station at 3661 FM-1387.

SP vandalizes church, then kills Missy, and then leaves on foot following creekline at back of the property northward up toward FM-1387. On the way, he sheds his SP costume and gear includng actual murder weapon, wrapping all tightly in the black trash bag which he weights with rocks and pitches into the reservoir. He then heads west from the reservoir, eventually meeting up with Walnut Grove Road, which he follows northward to 1387. He turns left onto 1387 and is now (roughly 6:30 AM, depending on gear disposal) at the high school he attends...which is just across the street from Fire Station #2. (Anyone seeing him on the road would think nothing of it, as he has school that day, and they might assume he's doing athletics training before school.) He may or may not meet up with accomplice fireman (who may or may not actually be from that station) depending on level of suspicion that would arouse. But after hanging out around the track and maybe a light workout in the weight room, he then showers and goes to his Monday morning classes as though it were just another day.

image.jpg

MAP PINS:
Green = Creekside Church of Christ
Red = Highschool
Purple = Firestation 2

Route: 3.4 miles - 6 minutes by car - 1 hour 6 min walk (normal; more like 2hrs walking along creekline with SP gear disposal)

just would like some thoughts please from WS members

if BB knew about creepy message don't you think that would be the first thing he might have said to reporters?

My wife received a creepy message on LI and now she is gone. (Choked up- oh wait I didn't see that) I've told the police and they are checking into this.

I know now everyone reacts differently - before that discussion starts again - but please not even choked up. Nothing.

Just wanted to say that many WS members are very well informed and you can tell the ones that have been here for awhile - I enjoy how this platform gives people a place to voice their opinions and raise some questions. Which I believe if LE does read this - they all sit around scratching their heads and say now why didn't we think of that...when we all know they are way more ahead of this curve ball than we are. :)

I enjoy the exchange, too.

Arkansasmimi and I were discussing the LI message that Missy received in the last thread; she quoted a doc that stated "less than 3 days before her murder" (so about Saturday) MB showed that message to a friend (who was presumably in Austin as well - quite possibly the gal she was visiting/staying with that half week). So Brandon wasn't around for her to show it to, though it's conceivable she planned on telling him about it In person as well. But by the time Missy got home, Brandon was gone, so it could be she simply never got the chance to run it by him.

Not sure exactly what it said, but if LE deemed it suspicious and creepy it'd probably be the type of message I'd find creepy as well. And, if it were me, I'd not want to text my husband about that sort of thing long distance nor would I try to discuss it on the phone. I know I would want to show it to him in person so as to 'read' him and gauge his reaction to it. That's my modus operandi... Maybe Missy felt the same. (So she showed it to her friend who was there.)

This is a key part of the puzzle I think, and one I'd like to discuss again if anyone's up for it.

The thing is, those NE doors were GLASS double doors. It wouldn't have presented quite the same break-in challenge as the metal kitchen door (which could not have been climbed into). We know these NE doors were both broken because we have photos of them being boarded up with two 4x8' plywood sheets. Here's arkansasmimi's screenshot of the repairs to the NE doors from thread 4 or 5:

View attachment 97606

Here's the back of the building (those NE doors were up a half-flight of stairs in that recessed area by the dumpsters):

View attachment 97607

So here's the thing I keep coming back to...

WHY spend all that time and energy hacking off the hardware from the side metal kitchen door, if 2 glass doors just around the corner were completely broken out? Swatperp could've just crawled through the broken-out areas of those double doors. It'd have been far easier than attempting to climb into the raised kitchen window and far, FAR easier than hacking off the kitchen door's hardware and manipulating the tricky locking pins.

I keep coming back to the increasingly strong conviction that Swatperp HAD to enter by way of the kitchen for some reason. And the only thing that stands out as important enough to necessitate that entry concerns those hall cameras and his disguise. It must've been necessary for SP to enter by way of the kitchen because there are NO motion-activated cameras in the kitchen recording his entry.

Consider this 1st scenario:

Swatperp dresses in SP costume, complete with tools and gear, and comes to a darkened, locked-up church in the pouring rain at 3:50 AM. He has with him at least one powerful breaching tool - (we know this because he used one with great difficulty to hack off the exterior panic hardware of the kitchen door to enter the building) and probably a light source (flashlite, head cam, maybe iPhone flashlite). So here in the middle of the night in the pouring rain Swatperp considers his entry options and...

Decides to hack and wrestle the panic hardware off a metal fire door???

But just around the corner from the kitchen are the rear glass double doors (NE corner by the dumpster). They are in fact broken out by SP - why? Two purposes are possible, hypothetically, for breaking those doors at the outset - vandalism or breaking in. But why wouldn't SP enter by way of those if he was going to break them via vandalism, anyway? Surely he knew the points of entry for the church - a simple walk or drive around would make those obvious. Those NE glass doors would've provided excellent coverage, and he obviously didn't have any qualms about smashing them with a breaching tool...so why not enter the building that way?? But he apparently doesn't because Swatperp instead chooses to stand out in the pouring rain hacking into the kitchen door's hardware. It doesn't make sense at all unless for some reason it was vital to the plan to enter by way of the kitchen, vital to avoid those NE hall cameras upon building ENTRY, even though not vital to avoid them after leaving the kitchen.

The video we've seen doesn't show a wet Swatperp, or even wet hall floors...something to ponder.

Consider this 2nd scenario:

The Swatperp costume and gear was in the kitchen, possibly even in the vestibule of the metal door entrance in a large black trash bag in the rolling trash receptacle pictured there. And a fairly wet perp NOT in disguise entered by way of the kitchen door or window in order to stay out of camera view until dried off and changed into the SP costume left there, (left either by himself or an accomplice during Sunday activities or during the weekend blood drive).

SP then leaves the kitchen upon donning his dry costume and proceeds to make his way around the church vandalizing and entering rooms. He sees the NE double door and bashes the glass out. Two purposes are possible at this point - vandalism or staging point of entry/exit. One other purpose is no longer logical (point of entry).

The only reason that comes to mind why a perp would choose a considerably harder point of entry (in the pouring rain) over the obvious, easier one is some sort of Bigger Motivation. Something was far more vital than having an easy, fast break in - and the only thing I can come up with is those north hallway cameras and the fact that SP may not yet have been disguised properly.

Consider this utterly speculative, elaborative, and brainstorming scenario #3 (keeping in mind it's late night thinking):

Swatperp (teen, male) is wearing gym shorts and white tee; is driven to the CC property by accomplice in fire truck. Fireman accomplice uses his professional skills & tools to ratchet off and open up panic hardware for swatperp, who then enters kitchen and dons swat costume and gear left by accomplice #3 (perhaps one with bad cop ties) over his clothes. He then folds up black trash bag and puts in vest pocket and continues on with scenario 2. Firetruck drives off property and maybe heads on up Walnut Grove Rd to the fire station at 3661 FM-1387.

SP vandalizes church, then kills Missy, and then leaves on foot following creekline at back of the property northward up toward FM-1387. On the way, he sheds his SP costume and gear includng actual murder weapon, wrapping all tightly in the black trash bag which he weights with rocks and pitches into the reservoir. He then heads west from the reservoir, eventually meeting up with Walnut Grove Road, which he follows northward to 1387. He turns left onto 1387 and is now (roughly 6:30 AM, depending on gear disposal) at the high school he attends...which is just across the street from Fire Station #2. (Anyone seeing him on the road would think nothing of it, as he has school that day, and they might assume he's doing athletics training before school.) He may or may not meet up with accomplice fireman (who may or may not actually be from that station) depending on level of suspicion that would arouse. But after hanging out around the track and maybe a light workout in the weight room, he then showers and goes to his Monday morning classes as though it were just another day.

View attachment 97605

MAP PINS:
Green = Creekside Church of Christ
Red = Highschool
Purple = Firestation 2

Route: 3.4 miles - 6 minutes by car - 1 hour 6 min walk (normal; more like 2hrs walking along creekline with SP gear disposal)
I think your scenarios are brilliant, especially scenario #2. Scenario 2 is very logical and makes a lot of sense to me. Scenario #3 is good but I am on the fence about SP being a teenager and that a firetruck left the station unnoticed early in the morning without being seen. But brilliant theory that SP had to get into the kitchen to get his SP clothes on!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I think your scenarios are brilliant, especially scenario #2. Scenario 2 is very logical and makes a lot of sense to me. Scenario #3 is good but I am on the fence about SP being a teenager and that a firetruck left the station unnoticed early in the morning without being seen. But brilliant theory that SP had to get into the kitchen to get his SP clothes on!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks...and honestly, I'm on the fence about that firetruck, too. Hard thing to hide! But I was just getting bored with my basic theory and wanted to experiment with adding another accomplice. (One who could handle that kitchen door!)

ETA: maybe fireman could just bring the tool and swatperp in an ordinary car (like that one parked in the distance)...

I think Swat Perp must have known which of the church cameras worked, and which did not. Maybe the Swat Perp arrived before 3:50 am, before the rain, and that is why she/he is not wet in the video.

Perhaps, Swat Perp thinks she/he is smart, and got away with murder, however, she/he may be a stressed, wondering about if the grand jury is about surprise her/him with an indictment. Perhaps, Swat Perp is not feeling his normal self, and will become very ill, with guilt and worry.

Another good reason for marital struggle. But yes there are reasons they might have spoken before 5 am. We don't know what their norm is, just that this isn't normal for most. Its one more incongruity with BB and the Ts in this circumstance, IMO. I know if it were me and I spoke to someone, especially at an unusual hour, and they expressed worry over their spouse's safety and it turned out they were being murdered almost as we spoke, a flag would go off. I guess depends on how far you take coincidence. Not that I think BB or MT is the SP. Just found it striking. Or perhaps the call never happened and MT made it up trying to show what a concerned hubby BB was to help take suspicion away from him. Or perhaps the call did happen because BB knew something and wanted to establish his whereabouts. Just speculating the possibilities around such an odd statement.

My first thought as well....that would explain some of the marriage issues.

A CG participant is not a Bevers familymember, not neccessarily a friend and surely not a co-worker, right? Just saying..Who else does not fall in either one of those categories? Start your lists..

-Nin
  • Corrupt Cops
  • Covetous Competitors
  • Ferocious Fireman
  • Heinous Heretics
  • Jealous Jackasses
  • Pissed Paramours
  • Scorned Spouses
  • Wealthy Widows
  • Wicked Witches

("If" the FBI has not done so, already)

They have used this (available "tool") before (although I doubt they would admit to it), but...

They are familiar with "remote viewing".

(Since the clock is "tick, tock" ing away, in regard to this case),

I think they should get some
(real) "remote viewer"(s)
to look and "see",
if they can possibly get some "information" in this case.

```````
Might possibly also be able to get the license plate number,
of that car.
(believed to be a: Nissan Altima)

```````````
Maybe the FBI has already used this "available, tool"
- in regard to this case.

But, if they haven't,
what do they have to lose, by trying it to "see" if they "possibly" CAN get some "information".

[In some cases, authorities HAVE been able to get more "information",
which did - in fact - "help", with the case.]

Respectfully, I am interested in your posts and want to read them, but I tend to read fast and the excessive use of quotation marks makes the sentences not flow well and makes it difficult to understand what you are trying to convey. It also makes it seem like you are directing your post at someone which makes it even more confusing. I'm certainly not telling anyone how to post! I just don't want to miss your "point."

Why would he share his warning to MB with his mom though? From MTs own interview, she apparently didn't even know they had marital or financial troubles. This points to not a close share everything mom/son relationship so seems a little "off" to me, MOO.

Maybe he didn't share marriage and financial issue because he didn't want her to worry. Maybe she was a worrier and she was the one worried about Missy going out at dark. Perhaps him telling her that he tells MB to be careful, was a response to her worrying about MB safety. I can see my mother or mother in law leaving out the other half of the conversation like that (with no negative intent).

I've seen enough speculation about the perp being a teen and a firefighter being involved to make me think there's some people who know more about who is being investigated than the general public. I've seen that info in other places besides here. So it makes me curious. Hmmmm.

Maybe he didn't share marriage and financial issue because he didn't want her to worry. Maybe she was a worrier and she was the one worried about Missy going out at dark. Perhaps him telling her that he tells MB to be careful, was a response to her worrying about MB safety. I can see my mother or mother in law leaving out the other half of the conversation like that (with no negative intent).

I get the feeling neither BB nor his mother thought Missy should be doing what she was doing, and wanted her to be home with the kids "where she belonged". I can just hear the conversation: "I told her being out and about so early was dangerous, but does she ever listen to me? Noooooo, and now look what's happened!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen