TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Swat Perp must have known which of the church cameras worked, and which did not. Maybe the Swat Perp arrived before 3:50 am, before the rain, and that is why she/he is not wet in the video.

Perhaps, Swat Perp thinks she/he is smart, and got away with murder, however, she/he may be a stressed, wondering about if the grand jury is about surprise her/him with an indictment. Perhaps, Swat Perp is not feeling his normal self, and will become very ill, with guilt and worry.

I'm undecided as to whether or not this murderer knew about the cameras or was just very lucky. Did they know the outside cameras worked and it was safe for them to drive into the parking lot? Was the purpose of the SWAT gear to give their victim enough of a pause to allow them to get close enough to hit her? Or also to keep their identity from the camera?

If they knew about the camera's the killer had to have been there at one time or another, possibly at Sunday services, to note where the cameras were located. (As I stated before, if I wasn't a member and I was planning this I would visit during Easter services when I could be in among a maximum number of persons. And non-members would probably draw the least amount of attention.) And who in the church knew the outside cameras were not working or was it common knowledge?

If they planned it ahead of time, no matter how well they did, the killer is going to be stressed wondering what they forgot or missed.

SWINGING FROM BURGLARY TO TARGET
Since there's very minimal off-camera space (in the SW corner) where Missy walked, I'm swinging my opinion of burglary to targeted. In order for the perp to get the crime off camera, it would either take prior thinking/planning or a huge amount of luck or coincidence. I'm going with planning.

Having a camera in the area doesn't mean the camera picked up the motion continuously. We already know of tech issues with those cameras with the motion detect and field of view. So I think the camera stopped recording, not that the attack happened outside its field of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a key part of the puzzle I think, and one I'd like to discuss again if anyone's up for it.

The thing is, those NE doors were GLASS double doors. It wouldn't have presented quite the same break-in challenge as the metal kitchen door (which could not have been climbed into). We know these NE doors were both broken because we have photos of them being boarded up with two 4x8' plywood sheets. Here's arkansasmimi's screenshot of the repairs to the NE doors from thread 4 or 5:

View attachment 97606

Here's the back of the building (those NE doors were up a half-flight of stairs in that recessed area by the dumpsters):

View attachment 97607

So here's the thing I keep coming back to...

WHY spend all that time and energy hacking off the hardware from the side metal kitchen door, if 2 glass doors just around the corner were completely broken out? Swatperp could've just crawled through the broken-out areas of those double doors. It'd have been far easier than attempting to climb into the raised kitchen window and far, FAR easier than hacking off the kitchen door's hardware and manipulating the tricky locking pins.

I keep coming back to the increasingly strong conviction that Swatperp HAD to enter by way of the kitchen for some reason. And the only thing that stands out as important enough to necessitate that entry concerns those hall cameras and his disguise. It must've been necessary for SP to enter by way of the kitchen because there are NO motion-activated cameras in the kitchen recording his entry.

Consider this 1st scenario:

Swatperp dresses in SP costume, complete with tools and gear, and comes to a darkened, locked-up church in the pouring rain at 3:50 AM. He has with him at least one powerful breaching tool - (we know this because he used one with great difficulty to hack off the exterior panic hardware of the kitchen door to enter the building) and probably a light source (flashlite, head cam, maybe iPhone flashlite). So here in the middle of the night in the pouring rain Swatperp considers his entry options and...

Decides to hack and wrestle the panic hardware off a metal fire door???

But just around the corner from the kitchen are the rear glass double doors (NE corner by the dumpster). They are in fact broken out by SP - why? Two purposes are possible, hypothetically, for breaking those doors at the outset - vandalism or breaking in. But why wouldn't SP enter by way of those if he was going to break them via vandalism, anyway? Surely he knew the points of entry for the church - a simple walk or drive around would make those obvious. Those NE glass doors would've provided excellent coverage, and he obviously didn't have any qualms about smashing them with a breaching tool...so why not enter the building that way?? But he apparently doesn't because Swatperp instead chooses to stand out in the pouring rain hacking into the kitchen door's hardware. It doesn't make sense at all unless for some reason it was vital to the plan to enter by way of the kitchen, vital to avoid those NE hall cameras upon building ENTRY, even though not vital to avoid them after leaving the kitchen.

The video we've seen doesn't show a wet Swatperp, or even wet hall floors...something to ponder.

Consider this 2nd scenario:

The Swatperp costume and gear was in the kitchen, possibly even in the vestibule of the metal door entrance in a large black trash bag in the rolling trash receptacle pictured there. And a fairly wet perp NOT in disguise entered by way of the kitchen door or window in order to stay out of camera view until dried off and changed into the SP costume left there, (left either by himself or an accomplice during Sunday activities or during the weekend blood drive).

SP then leaves the kitchen upon donning his dry costume and proceeds to make his way around the church vandalizing and entering rooms. He sees the NE double door and bashes the glass out. Two purposes are possible at this point - vandalism or staging point of entry/exit. One other purpose is no longer logical (point of entry).

The only reason that comes to mind why a perp would choose a considerably harder point of entry (in the pouring rain) over the obvious, easier one is some sort of Bigger Motivation. Something was far more vital than having an easy, fast break in - and the only thing I can come up with is those north hallway cameras and the fact that SP may not yet have been disguised properly.

Consider this utterly speculative, elaborative, and brainstorming scenario #3 (keeping in mind it's late night thinking):

Swatperp (teen, male) is wearing gym shorts and white tee; is driven to the CC property by accomplice in fire truck. Fireman accomplice uses his professional skills & tools to ratchet off and open up panic hardware for swatperp, who then enters kitchen and dons swat costume and gear left by accomplice #3 (perhaps one with bad cop ties) over his clothes. He then folds up black trash bag and puts in vest pocket and continues on with scenario 2. Firetruck drives off property and maybe heads on up Walnut Grove Rd to the fire station at 3661 FM-1387.

SP vandalizes church, then kills Missy, and then leaves on foot following creekline at back of the property northward up toward FM-1387. On the way, he sheds his SP costume and gear includng actual murder weapon, wrapping all tightly in the black trash bag which he weights with rocks and pitches into the reservoir. He then heads west from the reservoir, eventually meeting up with Walnut Grove Road, which he follows northward to 1387. He turns left onto 1387 and is now (roughly 6:30 AM, depending on gear disposal) at the high school he attends...which is just across the street from Fire Station #2. (Anyone seeing him on the road would think nothing of it, as he has school that day, and they might assume he's doing athletics training before school.) He may or may not meet up with accomplice fireman (who may or may not actually be from that station) depending on level of suspicion that would arouse. But after hanging out around the track and maybe a light workout in the weight room, he then showers and goes to his Monday morning classes as though it were just another day.

View attachment 97605

MAP PINS:
Green = Creekside Church of Christ
Red = Highschool
Purple = Firestation 2

Route: 3.4 miles - 6 minutes by car - 1 hour 6 min walk (normal; more like 2hrs walking along creekline with SP gear disposal)

Agree. A couple of what-it's to ponder:

Stashing the SwatPerp outfit in the trash bag/janitor cart/sitting in vestibule-what if someone actually thought it was trash and threw it out (after it was planted and before SwatPerp shows up early hours of Mon am. SwatPerp goes to all this trouble to break in and when s/he gets there, the bag is gone. Some overzealous clean freak church member THOUGHT was trash that someone forgot to take out to the dumpster ...... Can you imagine their reaction?

On the young kid with the firefighter/truck drop-off--don't firetrucks/ambulances have GPS tracking in them? Every now and then some loon decides to steal an ambulance and I think occasionally some want to snag a firetruck so I thought they all had GPS in them. So I wouldn't want to be the firefighter who was out with the firetruck and GPS shows me at CC on early Mon am for no legitimate reason and then a few hours later, MB is found murdered there.

I agree that it is weird that s/he would go to all the work prying off the door hardware when there was an easier point of entry. Another thought of it being a job where someone had knowledge of where the cameras picked up activity and whether they were working.

JMO

I have been teaching for 37 years and am focusing on the behavior of the suspect. IMO, SWAT Perp had way too much knowledge and confidence of camera placement to be merely considered lucky. This person appears to be of above-average intelligence. He/she has thought through the plan meticulously. While we are on the topic of staging the scene, do you suppose it is possible that the individual had access to the church (obtained surreptitiously) and needed to stage the point of entry to make it appear to be a burglary? The exterior cameras could have been disabled in advance without church personnel noticing. I don't think it would occur to busy church personnel to check cameras regularly.

Don't firemen have skeleton keys.
Not where I live in Toronto, Canada. I imagine they may in small towns and probably did back in the day, but I don't think so anymore.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

This is a key part of the puzzle I think, and one I'd like to discuss again if anyone's up for it.

The thing is, those NE doors were GLASS double doors. It wouldn't have presented quite the same break-in challenge as the metal kitchen door (which could not have been climbed into). We know these NE doors were both broken because we have photos of them being boarded up with two 4x8' plywood sheets. Here's arkansasmimi's screenshot of the repairs to the NE doors from thread 4 or 5:

attachment.php

Here's the back of the building (those NE doors were up a half-flight of stairs in that recessed area by the building that way?? But he apparently doesn't because Swatperp instead chooses to stand out in the pouring rain hacking into the kitchen door's hardware. It doesn't make sense at all unless for some reason it was vital to the plan to enter by way of the kitchen, vital to avoid those NE hall cameras upon building ENTRY, even though not vital to avoid them after leaving the kitchen.

The video we've seen doesn't show a wet Swatperp, or even wet hall floors...something to ponder.

The Swatperp costume and gear was in the kitchen, possibly even in the vestibule of the metal door entrance in a large black trash bag in the rolling trash receptacle pictured there. And a fairly wet perp NOT in disguise entered by way of the kitchen door or window in order to stay out of camera view until dried off and changed into the SP costume left there, (left either by himself or an accomplice during Sunday activities or during the weekend blood drive).

SP then leaves the kitchen upon donning his dry costume and proceeds to make his way around the church vandalizing and entering rooms. He sees the NE double door and bashes the glass out. Two purposes are possible at this point - vandalism or staging point of entry/exit. One other purpose is no longer logical (point of entry).

The only reason that comes to mind why a perp would choose a considerably harder point of entry (in the pouring rain) over the obvious, easier one is some sort of Bigger Motivation. Something was far more vital than having an easy, fast break in - and the only thing I can come up with is those north hallway cameras and the fact that SP may not yet have been disguised properly.
)

Respectfully Snipped By Me.

This is excellent, PIM. You're right, it is the only thing that makes sense. Great thinking.

View attachment 97606

Here's the back of the building (those NE doors were up a half-flight of stairs in that recessed area by the dumpsters):

View attachment 97607

So here's the thing I keep coming back to...

WHY spend all that time and energy hacking off the hardware from the side metal kitchen door, if 2 glass doors just around the corner were completely broken out? Swatperp could've just crawled through the broken-out areas of those double doors. It'd have been far easier than attempting to climb into the raised kitchen window and far, FAR easier than hacking off the kitchen door's hardware and manipulating the tricky locking pins.

I keep coming back to the increasingly strong conviction that Swatperp HAD to enter by way of the kitchen for some reason. And the only thing that stands out as important enough to necessitate that entry concerns those hall cameras and his disguise. It must've been necessary for SP to enter by way of the kitchen because there are NO motion-activated cameras in the kitchen recording his entry.

Consider this 1st scenario:

Swatperp dresses in SP costume, complete with tools and gear, and comes to a darkened, locked-up church in the pouring rain at 3:50 AM. He has with him at least one powerful breaching tool - (we know this because he used one with great difficulty to hack off the exterior panic hardware of the kitchen door to enter the building) and probably a light source (flashlite, head cam, maybe iPhone flashlite). So here in the middle of the night in the pouring rain Swatperp considers his entry options and...

Decides to hack and wrestle the panic hardware off a metal fire door???

But just around the corner from the kitchen are the rear glass double doors (NE corner by the dumpster). They are in fact broken out by SP - why? Two purposes are possible, hypothetically, for breaking those doors at the outset - vandalism or breaking in. But why wouldn't SP enter by way of those if he was going to break them via vandalism, anyway? Surely he knew the points of entry for the church - a simple walk or drive around would make those obvious. Those NE glass doors would've provided excellent coverage, and he obviously didn't have any qualms about smashing them with a breaching tool...so why not enter the building that way?? But he apparently doesn't because Swatperp instead chooses to stand out in the pouring rain hacking into the kitchen door's hardware. It doesn't make sense at all unless for some reason it was vital to the plan to enter by way of the kitchen, vital to avoid those NE hall cameras upon building ENTRY, even though not vital to avoid them after leaving the kitchen.

Consider this utterly speculative, elaborative, and brainstorming scenario #3 (keeping in mind it's late night thinking):

Swatperp (teen, male) is wearing gym shorts and white tee; is driven to the CC property by accomplice in fire truck. Fireman accomplice uses his professional skills & tools to ratchet off and open up panic hardware for swatperp, who then enters kitchen and dons swat costume and gear left by accomplice #3 (perhaps one with bad cop ties) over his clothes. He then folds up black trash bag and puts in vest pocket and continues on with scenario 2. Firetruck drives off property and maybe heads on up Walnut Grove Rd to the fire station at 3661 FM-1387.

SP vandalizes church, then kills Missy, and then leaves on foot following creekline at back of the property northward up toward FM-1387. On the way, he sheds his SP costume and gear includng actual murder weapon, wrapping all tightly in the black trash bag which he weights with rocks and pitches into the reservoir. He then heads west from the reservoir, eventually meeting up with Walnut Grove Road, which he follows northward to 1387. He turns left onto 1387 and is now (roughly 6:30 AM, depending on gear disposal) at the high school he attends...which is just across the street from Fire Station #2. (Anyone seeing him on the road would think nothing of it, as he has school that day, and they might assume he's doing athletics training before school.) He may or may not meet up with accomplice fireman (who may or may not actually be from that station) depending on level of suspicion that would arouse. But after hanging out around the track and maybe a light workout in the weight room, he then showers and goes to his Monday morning classes as though it were just another day.

View attachment 97605

MAP PINS:
Green = Creekside Church of Christ
Red = Highschool
Purple = Firestation 2

Route: 3.4 miles - 6 minutes by car - 1 hour 6 min walk (normal; more like 2hrs walking along creekline with SP gear disposal)

your theories about why swatperp may have wanted to come in via the kitchen instead of NE doors make a lot of sense.

I've long thought that swatperp stashed his clothes/kit up in the roof/ceiling space ahead of time (perhaps accessible through the kitchen) and that is how they a) were not wet on camera; and b) needed to enter the church off camera.

I dont think, any theif would be worried about an inscription. But then again, I dont believe this person was there to steal anything.

attachment.php

Snipped for space

Do we have a picture of the doors without the boards? Do we know if the glass portion was fairly large? Maybe it was those narrow panes like some of the interior doors that wouldn't allow SP to fit through, especially if they were in the get-up already?

I still follow here, but I've exhausted my theories on her murder. I just find it amazing that someone committed this murder with surveillance cameras in the area and now we are 2 months from when it happened with no arrest. The fact that the murderer walked out of the church, got in their car and drove off and the vehicle is not really captured on video because the outside cameras were not working. How lucky can a perp get!

OUT-OF-TOWNERS
its crazy how criminals on video don't get caught. Someone robbed a drug store (in my area) last year. It was all on video. The pharmacists gave the perp the requested drugs, the perp disappeared, and never got caught. I think the crimes where they don't get caught are out-of-town perps. A future crime (with the perp getting in the data system) could eventually link them, as a LE person mentioned up thread.

• Corrupt Cops
  • Covetous Competitors
  • Ferocious Fireman
  • Heinous Heretics
  • Jealous Jackasses
  • Pissed Paramours
  • Scorned Spouses
  • Wealthy Widows
  • Wicked Witches

• Zany Zealots
  • Righteous Wrongdoers

your theories about why swatperp may have wanted to come in via the kitchen instead of NE doors make a lot of sense.

I've long thought that swatperp stashed his clothes/kit up in the roof/ceiling space ahead of time (perhaps accessible through the kitchen) and that is how they a) were not wet on camera; and b) needed to enter the church off camera.
I totally agree that SP came in via the kitchen because of no cameras and the need to put on the Swat clothes.

But I think SP brought the clothes in a bag of some sort and left his/her wet clothes in this bag and left the bag in the kitchen.

Because SP (imo) exited out of the SW entry and ran around to the car on the NE side, SP had to get the bag he/she left in the kitchen.

On the way out, he/she stops at the kitchen, runs in and grabs the bag and then heads out into the car.

This may be why police originally thought SP exited out of the same place he entered from.
There were footprints going in and going out.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Good morning Sleuthers. Reading posts from late last night and today and a thought came to mind. Some Sleuthers believe that SP had a chance to drop off/hide a bag of gear. Possibly on that Sunday or the blood drive. My question is this: has anyone checked to see if a break in occurred prior to MB murder? A test run so to speak and to hide gear in kitchen area. Also to disable outside cameras. (Don't think we know why these were not working) maybe a week or two prior to murder.

I know some of you Super Sleuthers know how to do this easily but I am still learning the ropes on how to discover that info. I promise - not lazy - just learning.

I'm undecided as to whether or not this murderer knew about the cameras or was just very lucky. Did they know the outside cameras worked and it was safe for them to drive into the parking lot? Was the purpose of the SWAT gear to give their victim enough of a pause to allow them to get close enough to hit her? Or also to keep their identity from the camera?

If they knew about the camera's the killer had to have been there at one time or another, possibly at Sunday services, to note where the cameras were located. (As I stated before, if I wasn't a member and I was planning this I would visit during Easter services when I could be in among a maximum number of persons. And non-members would probably draw the least amount of attention.) And who in the church knew the outside cameras were not working or was it common knowledge?

If they planned it ahead of time, no matter how well they did, the killer is going to be stressed wondering what they forgot or missed.

Two points:
1) If the perp didn't know if cameras were working or not, then the perp knew where to park a vehicle to avoid camera detection.
2) The breaking and entering was probably tested (for an alarm) before they entered. A car would be needed to take off and wait to see if the police came.

I still follow here, but I've exhausted my theories on her murder. I just find it amazing that someone committed this murder with surveillance cameras in the area and now we are 2 months from when it happened with no arrest. The fact that the murderer walked out of the church, got in their car and drove off and the vehicle is not really captured on video because the outside cameras were not working. How lucky can a perp get!

OUT-OF-TOWNERS
its crazy how criminals on video don't get caught. Someone robbed a drug store (in my area) last year. It was all on video. The pharmacists gave the perp the requested drugs, the perp disappeared, and never got caught. I think the crimes where they don't get caught are out-of-town perps. A future crime (with the perp getting in the data system) could eventually link them, as a LE person mentioned up thread.

I've seen enough speculation about the perp being a teen and a firefighter being involved to make me think there's some people who know more about who is being investigated than the general public. I've seen that info in other places besides here. So it makes me curious. Hmmmm.
Can only speak for myself, but my theory twist about the firefighter last night came about after reviewing some early threads (Breck - a local and reporter, if I'm remembering correctly had mentioned that thought about a fireman connection, though with no substantiation). So for me, the fireman accomplice was just a late-night creative spin-off on my standard theory (#2 and #3 minus the firefighter in the scenarios in post 890 upthread, which does involve a male teen). I've held to that one so long I'm getting in a rut with it, so was just experimenting with it a bit. :o.

Rest assured, if I know anything it has been passed along to LE, but I know nothing about a firefighter--that was pure creative speculation (and labeled as such). I think this crime is not a simple case of who-dunnit (which I guess is now becoming apparent). A tangled web, IMO. And we can only play with theories without more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen