TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone other than a night workman or a gym rat was out at that late/early hour someone else MUST know they are the killer. Assuming SP doesn't live alone. Maybe LE can "work" that person. Threaten to charge them as well, see if they crack.

Unless of course all adult people living in the house are in on the plot. JMO

i'm in the luck camp.I think SP was dropped off, in costume, and expected cameras, and enjoyed the staging activity that cameras would capture. JMO

If SP strategically attacked Missy in an area not covered by cameras, why? Why would they cover up and walk blatantly about for 30 minutes on camera but then arrange to attack her in the very areas with no coverage? And possibly video it as well. No I think it was just random that the actual murder was not captured. I think if the SP knew they were on surveillance camera they assumed even the murder was too. Does it make a difference to the investigation that it was not captured? I mean make it more difficult to catch the SP? LE knows how she was murdered without seeing the act. They could read the scene and know where he was positioned when he first attacked her and where he finished it. It's a blessing to her girls that it was not actually recorded.
Now, that the car was "too far away" from a camera to be identified is important and was strategic. IMO.

If SP strategically attacked Missy in an area not covered by cameras, why? Why would they cover up and walk blatantly about for 30 minutes on camera but then arrange to attack her in the very areas with no coverage? And possibly video it as well. No I think it was just random that the actual murder was not captured. I think if the SP knew they were on surveillance camera they assumed even the murder was too. Does it make a difference to the investigation that it was not captured? I mean make it more difficult to catch the SP? LE knows how she was murdered without seeing the act. They could read the scene and know where he was positioned when he first attacked her and where he finished it. It's a blessing to her girls that it was not actually recorded.
Now, that the car was "too far away" from a camera to be identified is important and was strategic. IMO.

Maybe plausible deniability.
The perp isn't seem killing her then can say I just broke in to vandalism and found her dead. Yeah, sounds dumb but a good defense attorney would try to claim she was alive when he left.

i'm in the luck camp.I think SP was dropped off, in costume, and expected cameras, and enjoyed the staging activity that cameras would capture. JMO

I think that it matters a lot. First, without the surveillance video, is LE confident that SP was in fact the murderer? Could there have been a switcheroo at the very last second? LE seems to indicate in the SW that there was communication around the time of the attack. Where was the other person? What happened before the attack started? Was there an exchange of words? Did the two lock eyes even for a second? Did MB have any warning of what was coming? What were SP's mannerisms during the attack? Were there any identifying movements in an overheard swing, which I am assuming was part of MB's assualt? If a gun was used, did SP look confident with it? There is plenty of information to be gained by having video evidence of MB's lethal attack. :crying:

I am praying for MB's family.

Maybe plausible deniability.
The perp isn't seem killing her then can say I just broke in to vandalism and found her dead. Yeah, sounds dumb but a good defense attorney would try to claim she was alive when he left.
Ok. They were seen carrying the tools that killed her but not seen actually using them on her.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks...and honestly, I'm on the fence about that firetruck, too. Hard thing to hide! But I was just getting bored with my basic theory and wanted to experiment with adding another accomplice. (One who could handle that kitchen door!)

ETA: maybe fireman could just bring the tool and swatperp in an ordinary car (like that one parked in the distance)...

The problem with involving a fire truck is that the Midlothian Fire Department is a professional fire department and does not function at all like a volunteer fire company operates where there is likely no one in the fire station. MIdlothian has fire fighters that are on duty 24 hours on then 48 hours off in a continuous A, B, and C shift scenario. The fire fighters sleep in the fire station - they actually have rules and regulations that prohibit them from sleeping before 10pm without permission from their captain. So it would be impossible to take a fire truck out for a ride at any time without at least 6 other people knowing. There are rules that do not allow the fire fighters to leave the station without permission.

Also, the fire apparatus (also ambulances and police cars) are GPS tracked and appear on a live computer map (usually called the county CAD system) for the dispatchers to know where everyone is. As soon as that truck started moving it would come to the attention of the dispatchers. Not to mention that should a police car driving along see a fire truck on the road they would likely ask dispatch if the fire department was dispatched somewhere (in case they missed hearing the call).

You can learn more about the fire department and read some of their rules and shift calendars at this website.

http://www.midlothianfire.com/

Imagine if the MMA fighter had nothing to do with this. What TERRIBLE luck for him. If he's not involved I really hope he is able to work things out with wife and she forgives him. They have a beautiful family. Indirectly it may have played a part, without his involvement at all, if for instance RB discovered her relationship with him, etc but if the fighter CW really had nothing other than that to do with the crime itself, man what BAD luck! He may have just been messaging her initially because she's listed as a personal trainer on LI and he was training for that big fight in May. Maybe flirting just came naturally.

Having a camera in the area doesn't mean the camera picked up the motion continuously. We already know of tech issues with those cameras with the motion detect and field of view. So I think the camera stopped recording, not that the attack happened outside its field of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But Captain said he saw the perp walking down the hallway leaving, so it seems it was still working after the attack.

I totally agree that SP came in via the kitchen because of no cameras and the need to put on the Swat clothes.

But I think SP brought the clothes in a bag of some sort and left his/her wet clothes in this bag and left the bag in the kitchen.

Because SP (imo) exited out of the SW entry and ran around to the car on the NE side, SP had to get the bag he/she left in the kitchen.

On the way out, he/she stops at the kitchen, runs in and grabs the bag and then heads out into the car.

This may be why police originally thought SP exited out of the same place he entered from.
There were footprints going in and going out.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Captain Spann said perp was seen "walking down the hallway" after the attack, and Spann assumed he was leaving the same way he came in.

IMO the disguise chosen speaks volumes. It wasn't the normal thief or vandal wearing gloves & ski mask, but wearing a padded outfit for protection. JMO

That suit,and those ill fitting boots would have slowed him down in a hand to hand fight. jmo Too cumbersome, too hard to run if he had to run. If he was fearful about being hit by MB, he probably would have just shot her as she got out of her car. took her purse ( make it look like a robbery) and split. jmo The really strange part of this is twofold : the silly disguise, and killing her in the church jmo

I think your scenarios are brilliant, especially scenario #2. Scenario 2 is very logical and makes a lot of sense to me. Scenario #3 is good but I am on the fence about SP being a teenager and that a firetruck left the station unnoticed early in the morning without being seen. But brilliant theory that SP had to get into the kitchen to get his SP clothes on!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

To me, the next question to ask is how did SP know about the cameras and where to enter? It seems to indicate a specific knowledge about this church and its workings..I don't know offhand, but that all is where I would look...

OR what if the SP already had a key? Smashed the doors and did damage as a red herring? The card slot (which the card is a key imho) might keep track of time of entry swipes hence the need to break in the kitchen door..

Excellent points about how a burglar would operate. But I just what to remind everybody that at that first interview BB gave in front of his house on Tuesday the 18th (IIRC), he said that he did not believe she was targeted.
Meanwhile, observers including professional LE, amateur sleuths and reporters said no way this was random.
And it was at the bloody shirt interview with RB that he came out and said that now he believes she was targeted.
Why does it matter? IMO, it matters because the perp wanted it to look like a burglary gone wrong,. But when popular opinion said it was not that, BB had to agree. Why? Because IMO, his interests are in line with the perp's. IMO, MOO.
It was still too early to make an opinion on if targeted or not. Everyone had their knee jerk reactions within only 8 hrs of the crime. It's obvious that MB was very well liked and respected. BB may not have been able to imagine someone wanting to hurt her. How many times do we hear that of other victims? Besides, LE still hadn't ruled out her just stumbling on to some nut job that early.

I've seen enough speculation about the perp being a teen and a firefighter being involved to make me think there's some people who know more about who is being investigated than the general public. I've seen that info in other places besides here. So it makes me curious. Hmmmm.

Have always believed that the person in the video is a late teens male. How would a woman like MB have any connection with a teen guy who she had apparently made angry enough to brutally kill her ? Or was he not connected to her at all ?

For me it would make sense if the perp did know the murder wasn't kept on video. Perp can try to claim to be an intruder only and not a murderer. For what did he stage the burglary otherwise? Unluckily for MB, her car parked exactly there for her to unload where the cameras didn't work; certainly perp knew her routine.

The problem with involving a fire truck is that the Midlothian Fire Department is a professional fire department and does not function at all like a volunteer fire company operates where there is likely no one in the fire station. MIdlothian has fire fighters that are on duty 24 hours on then 48 hours off in a continuous A, B, and C shift scenario. The fire fighters sleep in the fire station - they actually have rules and regulations that prohibit them from sleeping before 10pm without permission from their captain. So it would be impossible to take a fire truck out for a ride at any time without at least 6 other people knowing. There are rules that do not allow the fire fighters to leave the station without permission.

Also, the fire apparatus (also ambulances and police cars) are GPS tracked and appear on a live computer map (usually called the county CAD system) for the dispatchers to know where everyone is. As soon as that truck started moving it would come to the attention of the dispatchers. Not to mention that should a police car driving along see a fire truck on the road they would likely ask dispatch if the fire department was dispatched somewhere (in case they missed hearing the call).

You can learn more about the fire department and read some of their rules and shift calendars at this website.

http://www.midlothianfire.com/

Excellent post, and thanks for posting. Your comment about the GPS was a no-brainer, and I think I must've been half asleep not to think of it. I now sincerely doubt a firetruck would've dropped off the perp at CC that morning. I fact, it's in the highly unlikely to ludicrous range in my own head today. Not to mention, I just personally have a hard time thinking of a firefighter being involved in such a vicious murder. I know someone can probably find a case story somewhere, but generally speaking, as a group they are in my opinion heroes who are all about saving and protecting lives. So this is my admitted bias. If this case turns out to have a firefighter accomplice, then I'll be wrong about it...but I don't think that will ever change my high regard towards firefighters in general.

Also...I've spent the morning viewing firefighter videos of professional breaching techniques, and in my admittedly inexperienced opinion, that kitchen door breach was NOT the way a professional firefighter would go about breaking into a fire door with panic hardware. I watched at least a half-dozen, and not a one showed someone hacking off the exterior door handle and plate.

If interested you can view IronsandLadders Youtube videos, and also check out fireengineering.com and firefighternation.com and Brotherhood Instructors, LLC for articles and videos. Lots of skilled techniques that allowed firefighters to break into outward-opening doors with panic hardware. They can do it in as little as 30 seconds if there are no additional locks, bars, and bolts in place...and even with those additional items, they can accomplish it in a minute and a half. And the damage to the door is at the frame area adjacent to the lock and handle area, with sometimes a 2-3" hole inserted into the middle of the door to poke the fork end of their Halligan tool into, in order to release some styles of horizontal pressure bar. In none of the videos did I see them hacking off the handle and plate, nor did I see an arc-shaped scrape on the skin of the door (probably made by the doorplate as it got clobbered off).

Photo of CC door damage:

image.jpg

So while this was breached by someone who possibly had such a tool, to me it doesn't look like the person knew how to use that tool effectively as a break-in tool. OR maybe it was simply because that person breaking in didn't have the required weight, strength and leverage to pry the door open the correct way (with the adze inserted into the frame).

Here are screenshots from Brotherhood Instructors, LLC illustrating their breaching techniques. In two shots it shows them using the fork end of the Halligan tool to knock off the deadbolt so they can insert a tool to try to release the panic hardware lock. But even then, the doorplate is not removed, so it makes me wonder how experienced the person was who broke in. Either that or the job is decidedly clumsier with just one person using the break-in tools on a panic hardware door.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I think x_files thought of plausible deniability is good. My other thought is that committing the murder out of camera view wasn't a necessity for their plan. I personally think SP knew MB's timeline as well as standard path once at work. Park under porte-cochere, walk to front doors, come in, turn right to walk and open door to porte-cochere area to access her truck. If this was her norm and SP knew that (which I think SP did due to the damage being on N and E sides of the building when MB used S and W), SP knew she would walk right past the inset area to what we think is a bathroom area. I think they stood there to be out of view as she came down the hall and likely hit her right as she passed. If the 2 cameras are mounted as shown in the our current working diagrams they wouldn't catch any movement in the bathroom inset or directly underneath the cameras.

IMO the disguise chosen speaks volumes. It wasn't the normal thief or vandal wearing gloves & ski mask, but wearing a padded outfit for protection. JMO

In my mind the swat getup served an important function. Not only does it hide gender, but it also hides specific body features-like a large protruding stomach, or conversely a very thin waist. (I don't think that is likely with the behind stills we have) but you get the basic idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState