TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've felt like I was going thru total caffeine withdrawal without the forum for the past few days...but it gave me time to reassess my opinions/theories/pictures, etc.

Sincere thanks to Tricia for reopening.

In a recent police press conference they stated that the Bevers alibis were independently corroborated, and that the family is not the focus of their investigation. I am assuming this means not only are the family not considered as possible perpetrators of the crime themselves, but that they are also not considered as having hired someone to kill MB.

And going back to the "target interests" for a bit...

Brandon, Randy and Vicki Bevers alibis for their whereabouts were corroborated by independent sources - that eliminates them IMHO.
W. Houtz - if I recall correctly this individual does not even live in the area - that eliminates this person IMHO.
A. Tucker - police also said they believe the killer is light skinned - that eliminates him IMHO.
K. Cozine - police have said per Tarrant County Digital Forensics work they believe the killer is 5'2" tall to 5'7" tall - that eliminates him IMHO.
M. Cozine - ?
C. Tucker - ?
C. Williams - per his MMA stats he is 5'8" tall/146# and he also does not reside in the area - that eliminates him IMHO.

In researching I have found nothing to suggest any sort of possible motive for M. Cozine. But it's quite the contrary for C. Tucker. It's easy to see a possible motive there, with A. Tucker working a lot more with MB, "working later at night and earlier in the morning" per his FB post (I previously posted,) and with his Austin trip with MB just days before the murder.

And I've watched that darn surveillance video at least 1,000 times now & IMHO I still believe the killer is a woman. The walk/sway is female, the stance is female when she's stopped, and the eye pictures I keep working on reflect a woman's eyes IMHO. I know that Batbrat has done some amazing animations where she portrays the killer as male, but still - her assessments are based on her own estimations and cannot be exact. Lots of the video is distorted and none of us have the exact measurements of the doors, hallways, etc.

Anyway, after revisiting the video over the past few days - I wanted to point out something about the killer that very closely resembles CT's mannerisms.

Before CT made her FB private she had posted a video of herself pouring an ice cooler of ice over herself (and it was previously posted on the board) and if you recall her stance - she stood with her left foot toes on the ground with her heel in the air. (I'm not referring to her right ankle injury/surgery.)

There is a picture of her from AT's public FB from 2014 showing this very same stance - please note the left foot toes on the ground and heel in the air.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1482551073166.62972.1515516034&type=3&theater

Anyway, I have found at least 9 frames in the MPD surveillance video where the killer does that very same thing with his/her left foot. Here's just a few examples but if you view the video frame by frame you will see lots of other instances and the killer seems to take steps by placing the weight of his/her left foot on the toes first with the heel up.

View attachment 97825

View attachment 97826

View attachment 97827

So, I think this is an interesting characteristic of the killer and it seems very similar to CT.

Finally, on another note - it's been posted before and I have come to totally agree that the first 14 to 15 seconds of the surveillance video were of the killer *after* the murder, and at the end of that hallway the killer does a bit of a "happy dance." (This is the segment where the killer is touching the wall as he/she walks.) I did some closeup screen captures from this segment of the video and the killer does not have any tools or objects in his/her hands and there does not appear to be any tools or objects sticking out of his/her pockets or pouch, etc.

View attachment 97829

Here's hoping MPD glean enough evidence in their investigation to bring this killer to justice.

RBBM I feel the same way and much appreciated to the work.

In this case, you nailed a female and "if the shoe fits wear it".

Where the Perpetrator is walking back down the hallway towards the end, I thought the person was dizzy or possibly sick from the horrendous murder they committed.

Wish we had the whole footage of the video.

JMO

IMHO The person she suspected isn't the perp, so she's changed her theory. I'd love to know who she thought it was.

She originally thought it was someone who was very jealous of MB. Any information other than that would be pure speculation on my part.

Something else, watch the MLPD video of the perp and notice, how the individual walks around the corner from the W hallway (bulletin board) to the S hallway (dutch doors). They do not watch the exit doors!

I understand they are trying to possibly looking away from the cam avoiding a close-up capture, and yet, they are costumed up to the tip of their heads. Wouldn't it be important to also keep the doors in view, just in case? They are not worried about it at that moment. JMO.

Wondering, what timeframe we are looking at in that particular sequence of the video. The closer to when MB usually arrived at the church, the more interested the perp would be keeping the parking lot in view, if this was a targeted hit IMO. If this was a burglary, one would be watching out, what's going on outside at any time. I would think..

This video shows how close the bulletin board is to the South exit/entry double doors, by the way:

marker 0.24ff

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492

-Nin

Where the Perpetrator is walking back down the hallway towards the end, I thought the person was dizzy or possibly sick from the horrendous murder they committed.

JMO

I have gone back and forth on my thoughts of that scene, If it is indeed after the murder, I think they may be dizzy and light headed as they process what they just did. I am sure this has been asked and answered, but at the beginning of that scene, is SP walking out of a room? If so, that wouldn't really fit with what I would expect for demeanor after committing the crime. I can't imagine still wandering around empty rooms after...

I don't really have an answer to your question, but it's fascinating that KS's theory has always run against LE's theory. When LE originally thought that this may have been a botched burglary, KS thought that MB was a target. As time passed, LE thought that MB was "ambushed" and that she was a "target." However, KS now thinks this may "just [be] wrong time wrong place." The psychology of that is fascinating to me.

On a side note, what evidence is KS seeing that makes her think that MB was not targeted? What evidence is having her consider changing her mind? Here on WS many people have moved from the botched burglary to targeted theory, but I have not seen a single person move from targeted to botched robbery. On the last poll, there were very few people in the B&E camp, but if I recall correctly, none of the B&E people originally subscribed to the targeted theory. However, KS seems to be making that change.

I also find it interesting that she is a crime buff and enjoys Dateline. The phrase "as time goes on" sounds strange to me from someone who watches real-life crime shows, where LE almost never solves a case in two months. It may seem like forever to many of us, but really it hasn't been that long considering how much data LE has to comb through (and potential POIs). Sifting through cell phone data of the people listed on the SW, sifting through subpoenaed cell data from the tower...this takes time. IMHO

Thank you to Tricia and to all the hard-working moderators who do this without very much in return other than the knowledge they're doing something worthwhile. And it IS worthwhile.

Okay, some info that I found out after thread 30 was closed last week... and this may or may not be related, I leave it to you to judge for yourself. Per the Midlothian PD, it's confirmed that there has been no break yet in the case of the Easter Sunday carjacking in the parking lot of the Midlothian Wal-Mart. I believe that this case and the MB case COULD be related. The carjackers were dropped off at a nearby church where they then walked to the Wal-Mart and carjacked a woman's SUV. They were dropped off by a silver sedan as caught on surveillance video, and the silver sedan proceeded to block a good samaritan from following the carjacked SUV.

The silver sedan looks an awful lot like the car spotted at the SWFA gun store the night of MB's murder. It's awfully coincidental. Even if it isn't the same exact car (they do look VERY similar to me) - if the same people are involved, I could see them being inclined to use silver sedans (with plates switched) because they are so plentiful and non-descript.

Again, this is JMHO and I'm trying not to have tunnel vision in my theories about the case. But I sure would like the MPD to find these two carjackers and their drop-off person and see if they have an alibi for Apr. 18.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ht-off-two-suspects-in-armed-carjacking.html/

A) Thieves often have a get away car, a driver, fake plates and a gun. If Missy's killer had a get-away driver, I wonder what the driver would think of a robbery turned murder?!
B) It is incredible how thieves and murderers get away even when they're caught on camera. Hope they get caught!

I've felt like I was going thru total caffeine withdrawal without the forum for the past few days...but it gave me time to reassess my opinions/theories/pictures, etc.

Sincere thanks to Tricia for reopening.

In a recent police press conference they stated that the Bevers alibis were independently corroborated, and that the family is not the focus of their investigation. I am assuming this means not only are the family not considered as possible perpetrators of the crime themselves, but that they are also not considered as having hired someone to kill MB.

And going back to the "target interests" for a bit...

Brandon, Randy and Vicki Bevers alibis for their whereabouts were corroborated by independent sources - that eliminates them IMHO.
W. Houtz - if I recall correctly this individual does not even live in the area - that eliminates this person IMHO.
A. Tucker - police also said they believe the killer is light skinned - that eliminates him IMHO.
K. Cozine - police have said per Tarrant County Digital Forensics work they believe the killer is 5'2" tall to 5'7" tall - that eliminates him IMHO.
M. Cozine - ?
C. Tucker - ?
C. Williams - per his MMA stats he is 5'8" tall/146# and he also does not reside in the area - that eliminates him IMHO.

In researching I have found nothing to suggest any sort of possible motive for M. Cozine. But it's quite the contrary for C. Tucker. It's easy to see a possible motive there, with A. Tucker working a lot more with MB, "working later at night and earlier in the morning" per his FB post (I previously posted,) and with his Austin trip with MB just days before the murder.

And I've watched that darn surveillance video at least 1,000 times now & IMHO I still believe the killer is a woman. The walk/sway is female, the stance is female when she's stopped, and the eye pictures I keep working on reflect a woman's eyes IMHO. I know that Batbrat has done some amazing animations where she portrays the killer as male, but still - her assessments are based on her own estimations and cannot be exact. Lots of the video is distorted and none of us have the exact measurements of the doors, hallways, etc.

Anyway, after revisiting the video over the past few days - I wanted to point out something about the killer that very closely resembles CT's mannerisms.

Before CT made her FB private she had posted a video of herself pouring an ice cooler of ice over herself (and it was previously posted on the board) and if you recall her stance - she stood with her left foot toes on the ground with her heel in the air. (I'm not referring to her right ankle injury/surgery.)

There is a picture of her from AT's public FB from 2014 showing this very same stance - please note the left foot toes on the ground and heel in the air.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1482551073166.62972.1515516034&type=3&theater

Anyway, I have found at least 9 frames in the MPD surveillance video where the killer does that very same thing with his/her left foot. Here's just a few examples but if you view the video frame by frame you will see lots of other instances and the killer seems to take steps by placing the weight of his/her left foot on the toes first with the heel up.

View attachment 97825

View attachment 97826

View attachment 97827

So, I think this is an interesting characteristic of the killer and it seems very similar to CT.

Finally, on another note - it's been posted before and I have come to totally agree that the first 14 to 15 seconds of the surveillance video were of the killer *after* the murder, and at the end of that hallway the killer does a bit of a "happy dance." (This is the segment where the killer is touching the wall as he/she walks.) I did some closeup screen captures from this segment of the video and the killer does not have any tools or objects in his/her hands and there does not appear to be any tools or objects sticking out of his/her pockets or pouch, etc.

View attachment 97829

Here's hoping MPD glean enough evidence in their investigation to bring this killer to justice.

Adding to my post above (sorry for quoting myself) but there is a 4/30/16 (which was after MB's murder) picture of CT on the MECPTA (Mansfield Early Childhood PTA) 3rd Annual Touch a Truck (public) FB - showing that left foot heel up/toes on the ground.

scroll to 4/30 post and see picture of CT:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1312912812059054/?active_tab=posts

General question: at what point is a case considered cold? Is there a standard definition or is it whenever the leads dry up?

Also thanks to the mods on this thread! We do get carried away on cases like this so I appreciate the cleaning up you've had to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

Here's a link provided called: Cold Cases Leaving No Stone Unturned

http://www.all-about-forensic-science.com/cold-cases.html

Possibly could be decided by the LEO?

I'm not sure if this helps but it gives general guidelines on how cases are worked forensic.
Good Read

JMO

I have gone back and forth on my thoughts of that scene, If it is indeed after the murder, I think they may be dizzy and light headed as they process what they just did. I am sure this has been asked and answered, but at the beginning of that scene, is SP walking out of a room? If so, that wouldn't really fit with what I would expect for demeanor after committing the crime. I can't imagine still wandering around empty rooms after...

I don't think the video segments the police released are in actual sequence of events. That's why I think the first 14 to 15 seconds was from after the murder.

M. Cozine - ?
C. Tucker - ?

thankyou for your interesting post. i did have a question: i am curious why you think someone not living in the area rules them out of contention?

Additionally, and this is not directed only at you but the wider community - i wondered if it had been officially confirmed WHICH C Tucker it was on the search warrant. I know it seems likely due to circumstantial evidence that it is A Tucker's wife ... but could it not be the other C Tucker (relative of BB)? I know this was considered on websleuths early on but no longer seems to be. I wondered if someone has seen an unredacted search warrant to know for sure.

JMO

A couple of days ago I was walking down our steep staircase that only has one stair railing, which is on the left hand side going down. I don't know why, lol, but somehow I had my left arm full of things carrying downstairs. Which left me with no hand-railing on the right to hold on to. What did I find myself doing ? I was using my right hand to feel along the wall for balance, just like SwatPerp did. It was a strange feeling, when I realized what I was doing I immediately thought of this case. The difference of course, SP wasn't going down stairs. I so agree with you that SP was "dizzy" or inebriated or even possibly under the influence of some sort of drug. Ambien comes to mind. So later they could claim amnesia ? But it could be many things, anything that affected their balance. JMO

Adding to my post above (sorry for quoting myself) but there is a 4/30/16 (which was after MB's murder) picture of CT on the MECPTA (Mansfield Early Childhood PTA) 3rd Annual Touch a Truck (public) FB - showing that left foot heel up/toes on the ground.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm!!!!
That photo of her doesn't look like the one I have seen on her MK site. Is this after the new-do❓❓

Thank you 😃

JMO

thankyou for your interesting post. i did have a question: i am curious why you think someone not living in the area rules them out of contention?

Additionally, and this is not directed only at you but the wider community - i wondered if it had been officially confirmed WHICH C Tucker it was on the search warrant. I know it seems likely due to circumstantial evidence that it is A Tucker's wife ... but could it not be the other C Tucker (relative of BB)? I know this was considered on websleuths early on but no longer seems to be. I wondered if someone has seen an unredacted search warrant to know for sure.

I think it was determined early on that CT is AT's wife and not the relative of the Bevers. You would have to search thru the threads to find that info.

And on W. Houtz, if I recall, this person lives 3 hours away. Most murders are perpetrated by people known to the victim and usually in close proximity to the victim and I just think it would be unusual to drive 3 hours to commit a murder. I know that it does happen - i.e. Jodi Arias, the crazy space lady who wore adult diapers, etc. but I don't think it's the norm.

This is one of the reasons I hate fakebook, I click on your link, and I can get nothing. FB is intent on excluding everyone that isn't on their crappy site. I guess my point is, what's the point of posting it here if everyone here can't access it ? Sorry, I'm just frustrated, please forgive me.

Something else, watch the MLPD video of the perp and notice, how the individual walks around the corner from the W hallway (bulletin board) to the S hallway (dutch doors). They do not watch the exit doors!

I understand they are trying to possibly looking away from the cam avoiding a close-up capture, and yet, they are costumed up to the tip of their heads. Wouldn't it be important to also keep the doors in view, just in case? They are not worried about it at that moment.

-Nin

Very interesting, but still highly possible she/he could tell if a truck pulled up.
A) Because perp was basically heading that direction.
B) Missy's truck would light up like a Christmas tree with the headlights on.... JMO
Most all scenarios possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member