TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Demeanor - so by rule, we are unable to observe the demeanor of an unidentified subject. We can't sleuth them or else it's very difficult to do so. So we focus our energies on those we CAN more easily sleuth, like family - whose names we can know and whose sound bites we can dissect.

Motive - has there been a great motive advanced to go along with target by family? Not life insurance money. Not a divorce in process. Not a current affair that we know of. So what's the compelling motive?

Means - by means you're talking about method/opportunity? Seems like pretty much anybody could take a hammer and go break into a rural location and kill someone. That doesn't say to me, "She could have only been killed by someone she knew".

And let me ask this question. If someone broke into that church specifically to kill someone, wouldn't they make a beeline for the area where they plan to do the kill, so they can rehearse it so to speak in their heads, do a walk-thru, etc? Why break in, spend several minutes in the kitchen on the opposite end of where you need to be, then casually make your way SW with no sense of urgency whatsoever when you can't be sure what time she's going to arrive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why on the other hand breaking glass on double doors and fiddeling with screen on a window just to break glass on a third location -door- and eventually gain entry? And why opening up all those doors as seen in the video, not taking anything, perhaps in an effort to come back (?) and then ...how to know which rooms to re-check again? Uhmmm..;--)

-Nin

PS:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=97983

It actually creates an unfair bias against the person being quoted, when you transcribe um and uh etc. it makes it seem like the person is an idiot or has something to hide.

Notice that in all print media, they leave out anything like uh or um.

I agree it creates unfair bias. Print media isn't the same as transcripts, though. Print media can quote out of context - boy, talk about the risk of unfair bias! For clarity, transcripts include the entire quote, sometimes even hand signals, nods, etc.

But yeah, you are so right.

Not telling anyone what to post or not to post, but I'm just going to make an observation. Make of it what you will.

Have you noticed that the discussion right now is almost exclusively centered on BB? Despite LE just reiterating that the family are not suspects, and even going so far as to say, "that's not double speak" ?

It's an interesting dynamic. The overwhelming number of posters in this forum believe that MB was targeted, and judging by all the negative posts about family, I have to believe that most in the "targeted" camp feel that family was somehow involved.

This, despite the fact that LE goes out of their way to make clear that family is all but eliminated, and in fact LE is now coming back around full circle to "untargeted hit".

Regardless of what camp you're in - why do you think the "targeted by family" camp is so popular?

If you are a 'betting man' you play the odds. In this case, we have very little to go on. With all of the cover SP is wearing we can't even be sure about gender. We can't be sure on height. We aren't privy to any conversations that LE has had with the POI. We have very few actual facts. So, if you fall back to what statistics tell you, it is more likely than not going to be that the murder was committed by someone close to her (or at their request). There are always cases that defy the odds. This may end up being one of them. Until we have more to go on though, many will start there. They are also easier to sleuth. Going back to the very few details we have, most of those are based on family. We don't have CT's alibi or I can promise we would be dissecting that as well. Mapping routes, times, etc. Ditto for statements. If CT, AT or others listed in the SW had given interviews, my guess is those quotes would be analyzed repeatedly as well.

Doesn't really matter who LE has all but eliminated. Until such time as they are officially cleared by LE, we're allowed to discuss POIs (within the forum rules - whether we agree there was involvement or not).

As far as the dynamic... I can only speak for myself, but it's possible others feel more comfortable discussing their thoughts now that Tricia has spelled things out after the break - making it clear that attempted intimidation, disruptions, silencing tactics won't be tolerated on the forums.

It wasn't a question about what's allowed or not allowed. Respectfully, my opening sentence was that I'm not telling anyone what to post or not. My question is about the psychology of it all. Why do we think that in this forum, we gravitate toward the "target by family" angle? It's an attempt to analyze and discuss the trend - not to silence or intimidate anyone.

"Untargeted type of hit". Wow!

not sure I understand untargeted and hit.
Hit is a murder for hire and would be a specific target correct? Not untargeted. Unless they mean someone dediced to target anyone that entered the church as a thrill kill or gang initiation.

If you are a 'betting man' you play the odds. In this case, we have very little to go on. With all of the cover SP is wearing we can't even be sure about gender. We can't be sure on height. We aren't privy to any conversations that LE has had with the POI. We have very few actual facts. So, if you fall back to what statistics tell you, it is more likely than not going to be that the murder was committed by someone close to her (or at their request). There are always cases that defy the odds. This may end up being one of them. Until we have more to go on though, many will start there. They are also easier to sleuth. Going back to the very few details we have, most of those are based on family. We don't have CT's alibi or I can promise we would be dissecting that as well. Mapping routes, times, etc. Ditto for statements. If CT, AT or others listed in the SW had given interviews, my guess is those quotes would be analyzed repeatedly as well.

You are always a voice of reason. Thank you.

The Bevers were a couple experiencing "martial and financial" difficulties. When KS heard about MB's death, she immediately assumed that it was because of a current affair. MT echoed similar sentiments. Given this, the motive(s) should speak for itself.

I thought the same thing. There's a lot of statement analysis material in that article.

I agree, but I wonder when these statements were made. Parts of the article appeared to incorporate older quotes, but I don't really know.

not sure I understand untargeted and hit.
Hit is a murder for hire and would be a specific target correct? Not untargeted. Unless they mean someone dediced to target anyone that entered the church as a thrill kill or gang initiation.

I too, am unsure of this wording (and no I don't want to start another glass shards/grout debate over definitions)
But I thought "hit" and "targeted" went together, because a "hit" meant the purchase of murder as a service completed by someone other than the person wanting the victim dead. Correct me if I'm wrong??

It wasn't a question about what's allowed or not allowed. Respectfully, my opening sentence was that I'm not telling anyone what to post or not. My question is about the psychology of it all. Why do we think that in this forum, we gravitate toward the "target by family" angle? It's an attempt to analyze and discuss the trend - not to silence or intimidate anyone.

BBM...
I agree with zoeneli. Very little to go on, statistics and nobody else is giving interviews. That makes it nearly impossible for us to discuss others like we have the family.

Yeah, this average mph is unrealistic, at best. In my mind, it's bordering on preposterous. If you tried to average that speed (stops, towns, traffic, refueling), that would mean you're traveling far faster on the stretches. When you're driving a car that fast, the fuel efficiency drops dramatically, forcing you to stop and refuel two to three times more frequently. Any time you hope to save by driving well over 100mph would be nibbled away by the extra fuel stops.

For this reason, I think the car was more likely rented the evening before, and not the morning of.

This makes sense to me as well, Batbrat. But I sort of question why they would rent a car the night before they are going to get on a boat? I know I'm missing something though?

I too, am unsure of this wording (and no I don't want to start another glass shards/grout debate over definitions)
But I thought "hit" and "targeted" went together, because a "hit" meant the purchase of murder as a service completed by someone other than the person wanting the victim dead. Correct me if I'm wrong??

That's what I thought.
Unless a random sicko decided to target hire and stalked MB, planned the murder or possible rape that was botched? Perp ended up murdering her in a struggle or she pulled out a gun. Then targeted but not a hit (murder for hire.)
This case is going to make us all crazy. :(

Pray for Dallas police officers and their families. Oh my goodness what is going on in this world?

That's what I thought.
Unless a random sicko decided to target hire and stalked MB, planned the murder or possible rape that was botched? Perp ended up murdering her in a struggle or she pulled out a gun. Then targeted but not a hit (murder for hire.)
This case is going to make us all crazy. :(

A botched rape.....that's a real possibility. I haven't considered that until just now and IMO it could be. Good one!

yes and no, I know a few people who say "um" a lot. It can be for various reasons, one manager in our group just said it unconsciously as a thinking connector. All the time, every meeting, um, um, until you started counting them. She was video taped one time heard herself and took care of the bad habit. Some people do it because they are nervous, or they use it while thinking. Yes it bugs me, is it that odd, no a lot of people do it.

Sometimes I say mmmmmm........just trying to process the question or wonder what the other person is asking for. But I have never paused to make a lie up!

Those of us who have followed cases on WS for years, or just crime in general, have learned, sometimes to our surprise, sometimes not for us cynics, that many, many murders are personal, and committed and/or planned by someone very close to the victim with something to gain, be it freedom, child custody, life insurance, revenge and/or any combo of these motives. And often (just watch enough ID channel shows) the crime appears initially to be a "random break-in", "home invasion gone bad" "gun went off accidently" etc, etc, etc...only to find out a spouse, partner or other person well known to the victim was the killer or had hired one.
Jmo

There could be a host of reasons why they are quiet, in my opinion.

I look at what is being said about Brandon's side of the family, which some of it hasn't been kind. The accusations are horrible!

Why would anyone want to subject themselves to all that negativity?

It is sad that Missy is deceased. It is sad that she was murdered. That's a lot to digest right there without the scrutiny of negativity from

the general public.

IMOO.

Exactly, they lost their beloved family member, their daughter, their sister, Missy. What could they possibly be expected to say ?

A botched rape.....that's a real possibility. I haven't considered that until just now and IMO it could be. Good one!

Well, if there is no evidence of rape.....it might point more towards a female perp. However, I have always thought it was a male perp. Just the nature of the crime.....using "male" tools (so to speak) to murder her. jmo

Those of us who have followed cases on WS for years, or just crime in general, have learned, sometimes to our surprise, sometimes not for us cynics, that many, many murders are personal, and committed and/or planned by someone very close to the victim with something to gain, be it freedom, child custody, life insurance, revenge and/or any combo of these motives. And often (just watch enough ID channel shows) the crime appears initially to be a "random break-in", "home invasion gone bad" "gun went off accidently" etc, etc, etc...only to find out a spouse, partner or other person well known to the victim was the killer or had hired one.
Jmo

Bingo!

Well, if there is no evidence of rape.....it might point more towards a female perp. However, I have always thought it was a male perp. Just the nature of the crime.....using "male" tools (so to speak) to murder her. jmo

Yep....I've always thought it's a male too. I can't get my mind to go towards a female perp no matter how hard I try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member