TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand you do not want to talk about the tiles; however, counting the tiles from one side to the other is about 3.75 tiles. The diagonal of a square tile is 68.3 inches (There abouts) which puts your hallway at 20.5'.

I believe these are 32 to 36 inch tiles and puts the hallway between 13 an 14 feet. Sorry do not mean to be snarky.
I know you are not trying to be snarky. But I think you misunderstand just how that floor is laid out. I have prepared an illustration to show it - I have used a filled diamond instead to make it clearer (I hope).

attachment.php

Attachments

• FloorTileExplanation.png
    FloorTileExplanation.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 334
Something that still bothers me...

BB stated that a camper called him first to tell him the news. (I have always wondered who this person is that would want to call him this news and not let LE do this. Would you want to be the person that told someone this info? Not me.) Anyway...BB and MT and have always seemed as if they do not like CG and I know there are pics of BB with MB at some CG functions (he is in the background) but why would a CG member have his cell phone number?

IIRC, KC & MC from the search warrant were CG and their daughter is close to an MB daughter. I believe there was the suggestion that they were on the search warrant because of involvement in the call to BB and/or the 911 call. Perhaps the parents all had each other's phone numbers?
I do agree with your sentiment. That would be an extraordinarily difficult call to make. And I still am curious about all of the details of that morning.

Something that still bothers me...

BB stated that a camper called him first to tell him the news. (I have always wondered who this person is that would want to call him this news and not let LE do this. Would you want to be the person that told someone this info? Not me.) Anyway...BB and MT and have always seemed as if they do not like CG and I know there are pics of BB with MB at some CG functions (he is in the background) but why would a CG member have his cell phone number?

Exactly, Frogs! If I remember correctly, BB and MT could not even say the CG name correctly when interviewed!

I understood you to be saying that it was a set of squares, laid in a diamond pattern, and simply responded to that. (And calculating the diagonal in a square is easy.) You said 4 x 4, and the diagonal for such wouldn't also be 4.

Obviously you know what you mean, so as you're clarifying that when you said "tile," each of those in your calculations is one that contains the space of 2 diamonds, I certainly have no argument. It's your choice of reference points, from which you are making estimates, not mine.

But, now I'm curious. What made you assume that each "tile" contains the space of 2 diamonds, and that each tile is exactly 4 x 4? I don't see any dividing lines on the floor to indicate that (and half of the "diamonds" should have lines where tiles meet that visually would divide it into 4ths, if this the case). Just wondering.
See the illustration I made for 11frogs.

I never said there were two diamonds in a tile. <modsnip>

I know the hallway is 16 feet through the tax assessors information about the property - they define the size of the Northwest entryway - opposite end of the hall we are talking about. It is 21 feet deep by 16 feet wide. Thus the hall in front of the vestibule and continuing on is also 16 feet wide. I certainly didn't count tiles to do it.

However, all you have to do is look at any row of diamonds across the floor in a line. You will count 3 from left to right and then a partial one. The rest of that partial - that is what is at the far left of the same row. 4 diamonds across. Really, this isn't hard. See the illustration for I did for 11frogs.

I am done with this discussion.

I understand you do not want to talk about the tiles; however, counting the tiles from one side to the other is about 3.75 tiles. The diagonal of a square tile is 68.3 inches (There abouts) which puts your hallway at 20.5'.

I believe these are 32 to 36 inch tiles and puts the hallway between 13 an 14 feet. Sorry do not mean to be snarky.
Oh, and I have to make it clear. I got the width of that hallway from the county tax information. They say how big the northwest entryway is 336 sq ft - it is 21x16. That is the other end of the hall we are talking about. So, that is how I know the hall is 16 feet wide (minus about an inch or so for the drywall on each side).

I certainly wouldn't rely on guessing a tile size, counting them, and claiming a width. Now, I am done with the discussion.

JETHRO "I never said there were two diamonds in a tile. Are you making this up as you go along, to mess with me? Ugh."

The rudeness is not necessary. My actual words, in trying to work with your term "tile", were: "...you're clarifying that when you said "tile," each of those in your calculations is one that contains the space of 2 diamonds..." And yes, by positing a diamond-in-a-square for each "tile," which is what you have since otherwise illustrated, each of your "tiles" does contain "the space of 2 diamonds" whether you recognize it or not. Do the math, do it visually, do it any way you wish and each diamond equals exactly half a "tile," therefore each of your "tiles" equals the space of two diamonds.

Anyhow ...I'm still wondering why we don't see seam lines crisscrossing half the diamonds we see, cutting them into 4ths, as further shown in your later illustration. One explanation, of course, is that the seams are actually contained in and made "invisible" by being in the lines that outline each "diamond" and that the "tiles" are cut in that fashion, which would mean we are actually seeing a single square laid diagonally, rather than diamonds-in-a-square pattern.

I know you are not trying to be snarky. But I think you misunderstand just how that floor is laid out. I have prepared an illustration to show it - I have used a filled diamond instead to make it clearer (I hope).

attachment.php
Ok I got it and understand now what you are doing. You are saying a 48" grid pattern not a 4 x 4 tile.

Here is a pic and thank you for sending this one it helped a great deal
attachment.php

Attachments

• Tilegate.jpg
    Tilegate.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 296

attachment.php

Not sure these are tiles, if I understand you correctly. Could be a polished and stained concrete floor with marble inserts (red marble stripes and black squares). There should be expansion joints so and so often. They lay out wooden planks first as place holders, then pour the concrete, then remove the planks and lay the inserts. Eventually everything is being sealed. Just saying.

-Nin

Scout's watermelons
attachment.php

Attachments

• MB watermelons.png
    MB watermelons.png
    945 KB · Views: 293
JETHRO "I never said there were two diamonds in a tile. Are you making this up as you go along, to mess with me? Ugh."

The rudeness is not necessary. My actual words, in trying to work with your term "tile", were: "...you're clarifying that when you said "tile," each of those in your calculations is one that contains the space of 2 diamonds..." And yes, by positing a diamond-in-a-square for each tile, which is what you have since otherwise illustrated, each of your "tiles" does contain "the space of 2 diamonds" whether you recognize it or not. Do the math, do it visually, do it any way you wish and each diamond equals exactly half a tile, therefore each tile equals the space of two diamonds.

I'm still wondering why we don't see seam lines crisscrossing half the diamonds we see, cutting them into 4ths, as further shown in your later illustration. One explanation, of course, is that the seams are actually contained in the lines that outline each "diamond" and that the tiles are cut in that fashion, which would mean we see squares laid diagonally, rather than diamonds-in-a-square pattern.

No, there are no cut tiles. No seams, no grout lines crisscrossing anything, you are right, Steve.. Again, I think this is a concrete floor. The inserts are just laid in diagonally.

-Nin

I strongly believe that the cell phone records and tower dump data is needed to clinch the case and arrest the perp.

Agreed....I bet they have record of pings stopping at or around the church. Yes, it's busy road but highly doubt that many people were on the road at 350 in am. JMO

I would just like to commend all of us, collectively, for acting like adults in this forum of late.

We went through some early growing pains, and the thread got put on vacation several times, but not lately. We've even managed to discuss religion without anyone being offensive or offended, AFAIK.

SteveS and I had some moments in discussing LE's accountability to the public. But there was no name-calling, and neither of us got put in time out. Yay for us.

We want justice for MB. There is great work being done here toward that end and let's hope it continues without interruption until justice is served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping this one! Thanks C!!

-Nin :truce:

Not sure these are tiles, if I understand you correctly. Could be a polished and stained concrete floor with marble inserts (red marble stripes and black squares). There should be expansion joints so and so often. They lay out wooden planks first as place holders, then pour the concrete, then remove the planks and lay the inserts. Eventually everything is being sealed. Just saying.

That makes way more sense imo. And it explains why we aren't seeing seams criss-crossing half the diamonds and cutting them in 4ths, which would have to be the case using Jethro's thesis. Thanks.

Is there a prize for the person who guesses closest on the tile size? Throw a virtual dollar in the pot and make your guess?

My guess is 36" tiles with 3" border tiles.

$

Agree with the sizes.

-Nin

Stay focused, Peeps! Diagonals, tiles, etc. mean nothing! We are after a killer!

Hi, I think I've read all the posts but may have missed discussion regarding MB's employment with CG. I am wondering how long she was with CG. Does anyone think her connection to CG could have resulted in her death? Thanks in advance for answering. This has been on my mind for some time.

The rudeness is not necessary. My actual words, in trying to work with your term "tile", were: "...you're clarifying that when you said "tile," each of those in your calculations is one that contains the space of 2 diamonds..." And yes, by positing a diamond-in-a-square for each "tile," which is what you have since otherwise illustrated, each of your "tiles" does contain "the space of 2 diamonds" whether you recognize it or not. Do the math, do it visually, do it any way you wish and each diamond equals exactly half a "tile," therefore each of your "tiles" equals the space of two diamonds.

Anyhow ...I'm still wondering why we don't see seam lines crisscrossing half the diamonds we see, cutting them into 4ths, as further shown in your later illustration. One explanation, of course, is that the seams are actually contained in and made "invisible" by being in the lines that outline each "diamond" and that the "tiles" are cut in that fashion, which would mean we are actually seeing a single square laid diagonally, rather than diamonds-in-a-square pattern.
I apologize for that rudeness.

If they went the individual tile route, they had an excellent installer. Plus, whoever does their floors does a great job.

It is also possible that we don't see seams everywhere is because this kind of stuff also comes in rolls or sheets - it is more like linoleum than tiles per say - but gives the perception of tiles (hence the pattern). So there are probably only seams where one roll or sheet ended and another began. And we would likely see some sort of seams on the floor at the junction with the little hall that goes to where bathrooms are on the southwest corner and likely along the line where they tiled west of this hall in the main entry area.

Again, sorry, about the rudeness.

Stay focused, Peeps! Diagonals, tiles, etc. mean nothing! We are after a killer!

The only reason I say anything about the size of the tiles is to know how far those cameras can actually detect. We have got 32 to 45 feet. Just curious is all.

Please see my diagram in post #667 and it shows that it is a 34" inch tile. Jethroe I believe just meant to say a 4 x 4 square grid pattern that we cannot see with the naked eye. This is stained concrete as I state earlier yesterday when this all began. Sorry for instigating Tilegate.

I think only 1 person was at the church and murdered her, but I think that others were aware of what was going to happen. JMO.

Perhaps. But I have thought.....if I were to pull off a crime of murder I would be certain there were no witnesses... Nobody else to have any knowledge. That's what would feel the safest to me. Of course, I've never committed a murder nor even come close, so who really knows! jmo

Using Jethroe's map (thank you) - this is the way I believe SP went through the church. What we saw was about two and half minutes of video. Obviously there is much more approx. 30 minutes.

SP had a lot of time to find the blind spots.
SP had a lot of time to find the camera equipment (and if were familiar with church) would have surely taken video unless its uploads to the Cloud.
SP could have let someone in - could have let in a lot of people out of sight of cameras. SP had plenty of time.
SP could have started a GoPro that LE saw SP messing with in those 30 minutes
SP could have hidden and taken off the cumbersome gear in the blind spot in prep for MB arrival.
SP could have been handed other equipment from lookout person.
SP could have made a phone call in an office in the church (hope LE got those records)

Lots of "could haves" in a 30 minute period.
attachment.php

Attachments

• SP movement.jpg
    SP movement.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 379
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors