TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still dont see the height being that tall. In the one picture where the perp is grabbing the door knob you can see that with the helmet the perps head is almost exactly half way from the door knob to the top of the door. If the door is 7 foot tall thats still a foot and a half short. But thats just my opinion. I also see that the door behind the perp with the glass, the perp maybe takes up to half the glass. My hubby is 6ft 4 and is much taller than the perp...Hell I may even be taller. Like I said thats my opinon, but it probably makes sense why LE would say the perp is 5ft 2 they would have more accurate measurements than us. Are you guys sure the door is 7ft? either way I still say Perp is shorter. JMO Sorry not trying to doubt your hard work but seems something is off . has anyone actually went and measured the doors,? The floor tiles? Stood in similar place and took pics? It is a public building right so someone surely could go do those things if they lived close by.

Is this the frame you mean? So correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying you trust an "eyeball guestimate" more than an actual scale measurement? Respectfully, I'm curious why that is. Is there something you don't trust about these measurements? Something you don't understand? If you feel they're wrong, would it be possible for you to outline exactly where you feel mistakes have been made?
attachment.php

Edited to add: If possible, you have to avoid using objects in the same line-of-sight to measure, as they're subject to something called the parallax view. For best accuracy, you need to use scale objects on the same visual plane as the subject you're measuring. While it is still possible to use perspective geometry to get a line-of-sight measurement, you must use perspective geometrics to determine your numbers, as the parallax view will cause an optical illusion. Additionally, since it's difficult to determine the exact "top" of an item using a line-of-sight diagram, the measurements will be less accurate. Having said that, I have included a line-of-sight diagram below, which clearly shows the same numbers I have arrived at previously, despite the subject appearing to only come halfway up the window in the door behind him:

attachment.php

Attachments

• reach.jpg
    reach.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 66
  • reach.jpg
    reach.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 432
  • perspectivew.jpg
    perspectivew.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 426
I am really interested in the psychological aspects of crime, so I have been looking at Modus Operandi (MO) versus Signature. Both MO and Signature help us understand the person/people behind the crime(s) and, in theory, what his/her/their motive(s) was/were. All this is IMO, and I am in no way, shape or form an expert on any of this. Please feel free to correct, add to, change, subtract from, or effusively compliment my efforts as you see fit : )

MO – What the perp does in order to carry out the crime and evade detection. This is the procedure used to commit the offense and can evolve over time. Helps us understand aspects of the perp such as experienced/inexperienced, organized/disorganized, assertive/passive, etc.

Signature – Acts committed by the perp that are not necessary to complete the offense; what the perp is (consciously/subconsciously) compelled to do over and above what it takes to commit the crime. Tends to remain consistent. Helps us understand the psychological and/or emotional needs of the perp.

As an example (and not specific to this case), MO could include shooting and murdering a single targeted male victim walking by himself who had wronged the perp in some way, whereas Signature could include stalking and attacking any attractive red-headed woman in her own home who reminds the perp of, and therefore represents, women from the past who have rejected the perp.

With this in mind…what is MO and what is Signature in this particular crime?

Who – Who was the chosen victim? Were there secondary victims that were also considered (CG campers who discovered body, Missy’s family, etc)? Is there a single victim or numerous victims on scene? Who is the victim in relation to the perp; known or unknown?

What – There are many ways to hurt someone, to let someone know you don’t like them; why was murder necessary? Why not just confront Missy about whatever the perp was upset about? Why was it even necessary to take action? What was the fear behind not doing anything, or leaving Missy alive but, for example, disfigured? Did the perp do any staging of the scene or posing of the body?

Why – What is the motive? Was it concrete (i.e. collect an insurance payout, stop someone from doing something) or representational (i.e. make the perp's life "better," satisfy an internal compulsion)?

Where – Inside/outside? Home/elsewhere? Is the body hidden or exposed? Did the perp care who found Missy? Did the perp attempt to conceal the crime or the body?

When – AM/PM? Any other reason why this date was chosen? Was the time/date part of MO (i.e. victim is finally alone) or part of Signature (i.e. full moon)?

How – Should the perp do this alone or bring in another person? How would another person impact the outcome of the crime? Again, thinking MO versus Signature, if more than one person is involved, is it because it is necessary to commit the crime or is it more about an emotional or psychological desire of some sort? In addition, there are many things to use to hurt/kill/scare someone; why use tools? Why wear a costume or vandalize the church? Was there gratuitous violence (overkill) or just enough violence to cause death?

There are many aspects of this crime that are hard to discern as either MO or Signature. Examples include the costume and the staging of the scene...were these done in order to decrease chances of apprehension or were they done to satisfy some psychological compulsion?

I have an evolving list of my own thoughts on this, but with this already being a pretty lengthy post, I’ll hold off on putting that in here. I’m curious to hear other’s thoughts anyway.

Perp may have wanted Missy to see his/her face at the last minute. It makes me a little sick to even type that out.

"Bashed in" is going beyond what we know. We know of puncture wounds, and that's it.

You may recall last year a couple were on vacation overseas. They were both prominent in well-known businesses, which is why this incident made the news worldwide.

The husband went to the resort's exercise room to run on the treadmill. Somehow, he slipped and hit his head. They found him a little while later but couldn't save him. That's one example of how a freak accident can happen, you find a horrible scene with blood all over, but you don't conclude it was murder (and this wasn't).

In a church at 5 am with it raining, knowing that MB would have only gotten there shortly before I did, and not witnessing anyone else exiting the church, I would absolutely think accident.

And they must have, because they certainly gave BB that impression when they called him. It also gives you pause to think - if BB had planned this himself, and a camper called to tell him it was an accident, you would think that when he called his mother he might have slipped up and told her someone killed MB. But he didn't. So that's just another tidbit that I think points away from BB being involved. MHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, i'm gonna have to check into the words stated by LE, again. I think they said it was puncture wounds consistent with the tools the killer carried.
IMO To not have taken her to the hospital to try to be revived (but prounced dead at church), it had to be very severe.

Perp may have wanted Missy to see his/her face at the last minute. It makes me a little sick to even type that out.
I'm curious your thoughts on this, as upsetting as it is. Can you expound? Is there something they did that led you to that? It's feasible, imo, just curious your thought process on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hmm, i'm gonna have to check into the words stated by LE, again. I think they said it was puncture wounds consistent with the tools the killer carried.
IMO To not have taken her to the hospital to try to be revived (but prounced dead at church), it had to be very severe.
Yeah, did they indicate if it was overkill? I need to look at it again, too. Although I will say, hitting her in the face and chest with a sharp object is very personal, punishing, regardless of how many times (whether or not overkill).

To your points 3 and 4 about locations out of camera range...

Perp is decked out head to toe in a disguise. He knows he 's already been caught on camera. Why does he care about committing the murder out of camera range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think SP intended to commit the murder off camera, it just happened that way - in the bathroom. MOO

..who knows this person?

-Nin

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

Attachments

• perp images.jpg
    perp images.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 52
Thank you. Yes, I believe SP is somewhere around 5'10" to 5'11" without his gear. As to why LE would estimate otherwise, to this day I wish I knew the answer to that. My contention is that one of us has miscalculated.

I am showing my work over and over, not just my results. I don't know which techniques LE has used to arrive at their numbers, nor do I have access to their work to compare to mine. But I have studied the techniques of experts in the field, and I'm very confident after months of work that my numbers are as accurate as can be, given my limited access to the details or scene.

I very much doubt LE is "playing with SP" by intentionally giving the public misleading numbers. In my mind, there's no way they'd ask for the public's help to identify the subject while inadvertently eliminating virtually the entire male population with one statement. Even if they have a single suspect in mind at the time they released those height revisions and intended to "play" with the suspect, making public statements could potentially damage a prosecutor's case if the specifics of the suspect did not match what their experts earlier determined. I just don't feel LE would do that either way.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. I have arrived at very different numbers than LE. I strongly believe that one of us is mistaken.
My prime suspect is 5'8"...

..who knows this person?

-Nin

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

You know SOMEONE DOES! Someone out there recognizes this person and chose to say nothing.

I agree plus plausible deniability, in case it goes to trial. The perp could say I was there but I only broke in and vandalized the church someone else murdered her. I wouldn't buy it but a jury might.

Very possible, IMO. I have often envisioned a tandem/husband/wife situation. These perps would have had prior knowledge of Missy's routine, plus motive. hmmmmm.......

If you look closely at the perps footwear, there are two types of boots/shoes. I definitely believe two suspects. One male, one female.

In vids I have accessed, perps feet too large for a female.......

If you look closely at the perps footwear, there are two types of boots/shoes. I definitely believe two suspects. One male, one female.

In vids I have accessed, perps feet too large for a female.......

Thank you. Yes, I believe SP is somewhere around 5'10" to 5'11" without his gear. As to why LE would estimate otherwise, to this day I wish I knew the answer to that. My contention is that one of us has miscalculated.

I am showing my work over and over, not just my results. I don't know which techniques LE has used to arrive at their numbers, nor do I have access to their work to compare to mine. But I have studied the techniques of experts in the field, and I'm very confident after months of work that my numbers are as accurate as can be, given my limited access to the details or scene.

I very much doubt LE is "playing with SP" by intentionally giving the public misleading numbers. In my mind, there's no way they'd ask for the public's help to identify the subject while inadvertently eliminating virtually the entire male population with one statement. Even if they have a single suspect in mind at the time they released those height revisions and intended to "play" with the suspect, making public statements could potentially damage a prosecutor's case if the specifics of the suspect did not match what their experts earlier determined. I just don't feel LE would do that either way.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. I have arrived at very different numbers than LE. I strongly believe that one of us is mistaken.
I believe LE is pulling a ruse. They're cagier than a lot of people think they are.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I believe LE is pulling a ruse. They're cagier than a lot of people think they are.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
Could be that if they indicate a range below what the real perp is, he might think he's off the hook, relax, get sloppy, and slip up somewhere.

Again, in my scenario, there are 2 perps! The perp we see on camera would not have committed the murder.

im not too sure about that. if he/she was brazen enough to break into a churck in a costume, then i think he/she could kill. imho

My estimates based on a door of 80" (standard size) has always put the height of SW **exactly** at the same measurements that you have arrived at, Bratbat.

SW is 5'10" to 5'11" tall.

Moo

My estimates based on a door of 80" (standard size) has always put the height of SW **exactly** at the same measurements that you have arrived at, Bratbat.

SW is 5'10" to 5'11" tall.

Moo

I'm confused...you are saying your estimate is based on an 80" door. But Batbrat has said the door is 84".

Does anyone really know the correct door height?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member