TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they are not.

Good sleuthing. In your opinion, is it possible that the car you found is the same car from the Easter carjacking at Wal-Mart? Have you taken the time to look at video from that incident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To your points 3 and 4 about locations out of camera range...

Perp is decked out head to toe in a disguise. He knows he 's already been caught on camera. Why does he care about committing the murder out of camera range?

In this scenario, Perp #1 (doing the scouting) does not commit the murder.

There would be any number of reasons why Perp #2 wouldn't want to have his crime recorded! For one, he may not be as heavily disguised at Perp #1.

Did I understand your question correctly, Cannonball3804?

All JMO.

To your points 3 and 4 about locations out of camera range...

Perp is decked out head to toe in a disguise. He knows he 's already been caught on camera. Why does he care about committing the murder out of camera range?

Just devil's advocating, but maybe adding the victim to the mix on camera puts SP at risk of being identified - either by having the disguise removed in a struggle, or by the victim's behavior toward him if she recognized him.

Great job Batbrat! So it looks like you calculate SP height as nearly 6 foot? Again, we are back at the original height. That's a male. So why would LE initially estimate SP height of 6 feet than change it to 5 feet 2 inches? Are there 2 SP on video? Are they playing with SP?

Just devil's advocating, but maybe adding the victim to the mix on camera puts SP at risk of being identified - either by having the disguise removed in a struggle, or by the victim's behavior toward him if she recognized him.

Okay, I can buy that as a possibility. I was having trouble coming up with something plausible, and you did.

Again, in my scenario, there are 2 perps! The perp we see on camera would not have committed the murder.

I agree plus plausible deniability, in case it goes to trial. The perp could say I was there but I only broke in and vandalized the church someone else murdered her. I wouldn't buy it but a jury might.

If you look closely at the perps footwear, there are two types of boots/shoes. I definitely believe two suspects. One male, one female.

I agree plus plausible deniability, in case it goes to trial. The perp could say I was there but I only broke in and vandalized the church someone else murdered her. I wouldn't buy it but a jury might.

Good point about plausible deniability in the case of a solo perp - even though my scenario involves 2 perps: the "scout," or SP who is seen on camera, and another perp who is the actual murderer and did not want any trace of him or herself on camera.

If you look closely at the perps footwear, there are two types of boots/shoes. I definitely believe two suspects. One male, one female.
Can you reference times? I want to check this out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Again, in my scenario, there are 2 perps! The perp we see on camera would not have committed the murder.

Okay, I see your theory now. But I'm not sure how it makes sense for one person to dress up in an elaborate costume and traipse around a church on camera busting up stuff half-heartedly while someone else does the real legwork. And remember, only one perp is seen on camera according to MPD. It would be incredibly difficult for Perp 2 to be the murderer inside the church but never be seen on video.

I thought I noticed something like that too. One of the stills seemed like a hiker type boot and then I watched a video of a moving perp and that shoe almost looked like a pointed toe type shoe. and was walking with the foot pointed outward, not pigeon toed, the opposite. Hmm. Will have to check that out further. Also my ex's wife is 6ft as so was my grandmother who was 6 ft 1 so there are some tall women out there. Just saying. But I see a shorter person honestly more in the 5ft 5 range JMO.

You are correct. Back to the salt mines.

Now, with this case I had analysed the video, press conferences, search warrants, news reports, etc and developed a theory of this crime, a theory of how they got to the church and away from the church, a theory of what may have happened with the gear and other items after the crime, a theory of how Missy was murdered, and developed a profile of the kind of person that could do this, in terms of being able to plan and execute this crime and seemingly get away with it, along with possible motives relative to who I find that seems capable of pulling this off. I do have person(s) of interest, or suspect(s) if you will. And I was pretty satisfied with who I settled on - if it is more than one involved it is a married couple. And one of the things I forgot to do was check out if there might be a dumpster in a good location at the business they either own or work at (not retail or random traffic). So, I did. Looked well out of view. Decided to take a street view look to confirm that it was as I thought. Panned the camera toward where the dumpster enclosure is and saw this.

attachment.php

That is a Nissan Altima. Based on when Google took that photo it is almost certainly a 2010 to 2012. This isn't a big place with parking spaces arrayed around the building. Where this is parked there are only 4 spots tucked in the side next to the dumpster enclosure. All of the other spots are arrayed around the building. You more or less have to go out of your way to park here.

Quite a coincidence. It more than likely is. But I do want to point out that this vehicle does have a special license plate and I know that folks had been working with the photos MPD released and some thought that vehicle might have a special plate. So that too is a coincidence. Now, if you were to go to my person(s) of interest home you would find this.

attachment.php

Now, that is another coincidence. You have take the time to have Google do that. Very few people do. Now, I have spent about a hundred hours, combing the streets of northern Ellis county looking to find that Altima elsewhere. I do think there is a reasonable chance of finding it again. It's my time, so I waste it as I see fit. During that time, I have passed by thousands of homes (I have covered about 60 percent of all the streets in Midlothian, Red Oak, Ovilla, and Waxahachie along with smaller percents of other towns). So far, I have only come across 11 like that. There are probably some more but it is a small club.

So, here I have person(s) of interest, and I come across the same make, model, and year range of the vehicle that MPD is looking for the driver to come forward as a potential witness.

Yes. I did tip this vehicle. Any thoughts?
----
Wow! Jethro- Sounds like you solved the case. I hope you alerted the LE. We are talking about a murder. Your safety comes first!

I have seen a post that sedan had specialty plates- possibly fire fighter? I think at least 2 involved.

Weren't we talking about SPs height before we got off on tiles??

Great job Batbrat! So it looks like you calculate SP height as nearly 6 foot? Again, we are back at the original height. That's a male. So why would LE initially estimate SP height of 6 feet than change it to 5 feet 2 inches? Are there 2 SP on video? Are they playing with SP?

Thank you. Yes, I believe SP is somewhere around 5'10" to 5'11" without his gear. As to why LE would estimate otherwise, to this day I wish I knew the answer to that. My contention is that one of us has miscalculated.

I am showing my work over and over, not just my results. I don't know which techniques LE has used to arrive at their numbers, nor do I have access to their work to compare to mine. But I have studied the techniques of experts in the field, and I'm very confident after months of work that my numbers are as accurate as can be, given my limited access to the details or scene.

I very much doubt LE is "playing with SP" by intentionally giving the public misleading numbers. In my mind, there's no way they'd ask for the public's help to identify the subject while inadvertently eliminating virtually the entire male population with one statement. Even if they have a single suspect in mind at the time they released those height revisions and intended to "play" with the suspect, making public statements could potentially damage a prosecutor's case if the specifics of the suspect did not match what their experts earlier determined. I just don't feel LE would do that either way.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. I have arrived at very different numbers than LE. I strongly believe that one of us is mistaken.

Maybe they wanted to reveal themselves to her so she'd know who it was.. Also if SP was in some way connected to someone in MBs circle then maybe they didn't want them to actually witness the murder... Goes along with why it wasn't done at or near the house..

I still dont see the height being that tall. In the one picture where the perp is grabbing the door knob you can see that with the helmet the perps head is almost exactly half way from the door knob to the top of the door. If the door is 7 foot tall thats still a foot and a half short. But thats just my opinion. I also see that the door behind the perp with the glass, the perp maybe takes up to half the glass. My hubby is 6ft 4 and is much taller than the perp...Hell I may even be taller. Like I said thats my opinon, but it probably makes sense why LE would say the perp is 5ft 2 they would have more accurate measurements than us. Are you guys sure the door is 7ft? either way I still say Perp is shorter. JMO Sorry not trying to doubt your hard work but seems something is off . has anyone actually went and measured the doors,? The floor tiles? Stood in similar place and took pics? It is a public building right so someone surely could go do those things if they lived close by.

Good sleuthing. In your opinion, is it possible that the car you found is the same car from the Easter carjacking at Wal-Mart? Have you taken the time to look at video from that incident?

Did the police identify that vehicle as an Altima? Is there a link?

There are a handful of cars that have similar shapes where the rear window curve meets the body. On the Altimas it is much more of a vertical line than on the others. For example, a Toyota Camry has similar but much more slanted. One of the GM models (Cruze, perhaps) is similar. What the Altima will have on the rear is that the tail light assembly has a distinctive "A" shape to it and the round brake lights and two tail pipes - at least for the model years in question.

Did the police identify that vehicle as an Altima? Is there a link?

There are a handful of cars that have similar shapes where the rear window curve meets the body. On the Altimas it is much more of a vertical line than on the others. For example, a Toyota Camry has similar but much more slanted. One of the GM models (Cruze, perhaps) is similar. What the Altima will have on the rear is that the tail light assembly has a distinctive "A" shape to it and the round brake lights and two tail pipes - at least for the model years in question.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/115172499-story

At about the 2:15 mark of the video is where it gets into the neighboring church video footage of the 2 suspects being dropped off by a silver car.

And to answer your question, no, they haven't identified the make and model of the car. It looks similar to me to the SWFA footage and perhaps to your street view footage. But I wouldn't say definitively that it's the same make and model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee