TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so my opinion in the little bit I have read..and even before I read some of this..I feel the person who killed Missy was a woman who was mad about Missy having an affair with her man. Just my opinion. I don't even know if Missy had an affair with a married man or a man involved with another woman etc, but that is the vibe I get from this. OK now will read more on this.

I haven't been here in a while but she that nothing has changed. Were there any fires in there area after the murder?

All good thoughts, just curious. So not dumped off somewhere along a road trip? I just have to think they would have blood splatters all over. Sorry for the visual.

I think that that swat outfit has been all over the place. Right now, it's in Oregon visiting family members.

So, a random thought just occurred to me when I read this. I've seen speculation that it was a teenage boy who killed her (not sure why people have thought that, but it's just as likely as anything at this point). Teens are growing fast...so maybe the wide range on the height is to allow for growth?

That sounds crazy now that I typed it out lol. But my daughter is 11 and she grew 1 1/2" in 8 weeks earlier this year! (My grocery bills have been $300/week recently, with her and 2 teens in the house!!)

So maybe they have a teen suspect in mind, and know his approximate height but anticipate growth so they gave us a wide range??

I won't be offended if this is just dumb 1:35 am thoughts lol.
Well, from what I have seen from the video and what took place at that church MPD should be looking for someone that is intelligent, confident, disciplined, cool under pressure.

This person will be someone that is never late for anything. If they deal with appointments or meetings they never schedule too tight unless the venue for those is their location. They would be the type of person that is punctual for invited events and leaves just a bit early. Never overstays their welcome. At the same time, depending on the closeness of the relationship to the person, offer to come early or stay later to help with the set up or clean up. You would almost never see this person in a frazzle because there is too much to get done or too many places to go in too little time.

Someone that when they make a commitment they stick with it. No excuses. They define goals. Research and plan, as best they can, the steps and milestones to that goal. Then get to work gathering the tools they need and go about executing the plan. They don't fear failure. But they don't gamble either, unless they have to - least risk is first choice. They understand risks, calculate them, and move forward or stop based on that. They understand how much of each step of a plan is controlled by them and how much is controlled by others.

They never start something and never finish. You won't find some pile of wood and some boards put together in the yard, that someday, maybe, might once become, a picnic table in their backyard. They understand their limits. Recognize when to bring in people to do tasks rather than attempt it themselves.

But this doesn't mean that they would freeze, like a robot when something planned goes awry. They are cool under pressure, and aren't rattled, but they do react. They would act to re-establish control if possible or stop (or get out) if they believed they could not. They have experience in such situations. They certainly have trained for them.

Control is their dominant (or most valued) asset (possession). They aren't a control-freak. They don't lash out or go all passive-agressive if they don't get their way. But they are organized. Their home is order. Their financials are in order. They don't go out to control others. Their other assets - intelligence, discipline, cool under pressure - are subordinate tools leveraged to support and maintain control.

They are familiar with tools. They have either used these specific tools before or they have used tools, and used them properly throughout their life. They may have experience with remodeling, or even some construction or demolition work, maybe on their own home or a previous one, family farm, something like a Habitat for Humanity, or perhaps mission work - especially where access to the best tools may not be possible, so able to work with hand tools proficiently.

They aren't squeamish. I haven't gotten into my theory of how Missy was killed and the aftermath but it couldn't be done if they are squeamish. I am unsure whether the person has killed a human before, but they have killed other animals. They hunt. They have experience with seeing the result of their actions. They have experience seeing and dealing with unpleasant scenes. Perhaps in the military. Perhaps as an EMT, LE, or ER/Trauma environments where such sights make or break you. Cool under pressure and discipline helps here.

As a hunter or even military experience they are well aware of the best chance to getting your quarry is to know or control where they will be. Where the best opportunity and outcome is possible. They will want to know as much about that place and know the ways in and out as best they can. While their quarry may know the place better they have the element of surprise. They have the initiative. And much like a hunted animal, the victim is unaware of the box they have been placed in.

There was much said on here about the gear. From it being motorcycle gear and/or various pieces to make it look like tactical gear. I believe it to be actual tactical gear. I don't believe it to be cheap either. As I said earlier, they identify the equipment they need to do something right and get exactly what they need. Same with the breach tools and other tools. This might very well might have cost $1000-$2000 or more. So they have money. They aren't fabulously wealthy but they are nowhere near hurting. They are disciplined savers. Not exactly frugal, but then again they buy what they need and nothing overtly extravagant. They have cash on hand. Probably what would be a large sum to most of us, say $2000 or so (perhaps a little more) in small bills in a safe in their home maybe even some precious metals. They are not preppers, but are prepared as such to not be in a jam if they needed access to cash.

The killing of Missy wasn't done only if it could be done for less than a certain amount of money. The goal was to kill Missy and the money necessary just another tool to achieve the goal.

I believe that it is possible the date Missy was killed was not the original planned date. That it is possible it was moved because the circumstances surrounding the week leading to her killing presented a better opportunity. If I had to suggest a date, perhaps May 6th or May4th or even May 9th based on the phases of the moon. I believe that the person(s) arrived and left the church location on foot. You can't predict the weather that far in advance but you wouldn't want clear skies and a bright moon.

So, this is some of what I think about in terms of the kind of person could commit this crime the way they did. Hopefully, MPD has considered all of these.

I don't know what I would think. But if MB's head/face?/chest was severest injured and bloody - what "accident" could have happened in a church in the early mornings?? There are no bulldozers driving in a church and so I think, I would never think of an "accident" but of something very terrible, horrific, not understable at the second. And NO, never would I call the husband (whether he is at home or on a bucket list fishing trip far away in MS) to tell him of the situation which I don't understand myself. - Maybe I would tell LE there are three children at home alone with their father on holiday and they should call a relative.

To the first part of your post - freak accidents happen all the time to people. Not knowing any more than we do about what the scene looked like, we can speculate that it was very confusing for those campers to come in and see something horrific that they never expected.

I think it's very possible they misconstrued the situation and initially thought that on a rainy night, MB slipped and crashed through a glass table. And it might not have happened that way in the attack, but the perp could have staged it afterward.

Yes there would have been plenty of other evidence to prove it was not an accident, but not at first glance. Perp would have been buying a little extra time to get further away. JMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been in :lurk:mode on this forum (there are some AMAZING sleuths here) and first time posting some random thoughts: (ALL IMO)

- I truly think MB was targeted as this sounds like a crime of passion. Overkill as the detectives say. Why on earth would anyone show up at a church at 3:50 AM randomly? To rob the church? If the perp really wanted money, they would have went to a place where there is money...not a church. The way the perp walks around in a lazy, lack-a-dasical way makes me think they're just wasting time waiting for MB. The perp was there on purpose, dressed in swat gear on purpose and the purpose was to murder MB. The perp felt that eliminating MB would eliminate their problems, because MB was the problem (so they thought)

- Someone mentioned that it looks like the perp has foot drop. I have foot drop in BOTH feet, and I am 99.99% sure the perp does NOT have foot drop. Foot drop makes your feet do just that...drop. When I am barefoot and I hold my foot up, the toes point down to the floor. Barefoot, I have to "march" so that I do not trip on my toes. Think of a human with duck feet, that's a good description. My feet "slap" the ground barefoot, toes first, then the ball of the foot, then the heel. (normal feet hit the ground heel first). It is VERY difficult to walk with shoes on without braces. When I wear ankle foot orthotic (AFO) braces with shoes (to pull my foot up and for stability), the ankle can not move side ways (left or right) as the brace makes the ankle very rigid and makes the foot point straight forward. Any AFO will make the ankle rigid with foot drop. I think the perp has a very distinctive gait and possibly some previous injury to the foot or ankle, however, this person does NOT walk like someone with foot drop.

- Someone mentioned that the perp may NOT have drove a long distance to do this. Think of the case of the beautiful doctor here in FL (Dr. TS), and there are 2 men in jail (they are from Missouri) that drove over 2,000 miles (round trip) to murder her. One of them confessed that his best friend (her husband) hired him and the husband is now also in jail - 1st degree murder with the death penalty. My point is.....anything is possible.

I hope and pray that LE can figure out who the perp is. There are 3 beautiful girls that have to grow up without their Mom because of evil. Someone that can murder another human being needs to be locked up for life.

RIP MB!

Okay, as requested. Locking down the "tile" sizes, for those of you who haven't tuned that conversation out yet. It was a whole lot more work than I thought it was going to be. Keep in mind, I haven’t actually seen or measured the floors up close, so I’m unable to say whether they’re even tiles at all (bear with me on this). Jethro may have more specific knowledge of the exact material. I had been calling them a “tile grid”, assuming they were tiles.

Since the camera lens in the main hallway is a wide angle (determined by my lens correction diagrams), I have always been unsure of the aspect ratio. My video analysis focused solely on height estimates, so for those purposes, width estimates (including floor tile sizes) did not have to be accurate. I based previous estimates on an assumption using standard construction material sizes.

But...

Per request, I went back and studied several more photos off the Church pages. While I still cannot say for certain the grid is actual tiles per se, I was able to get a bit more information about them and the size for my independent estimates. I found a couple interesting things out in the process. First of all, I believe the “tiles” may actually be scored/stained concrete. Let the debates begin! ;) The secondary hallways are stained concrete (which fits with what previous locals have maintained about the construction of Creekside being pretty spartan - in keeping with church values). That meant the grid may not be based on a standard size floor tile, after all. Additionally, if the measurements attained are accurate, the aspect ratio of the wide angle lens footage is different than previously thought. More on that later, but here's an image of what I mean:

attachment.php

For the measurements: Based on 4 church interior photos and three isolated frames from the surveillance video, I used ladders, door widths, door heights, table heights, and average person height approximations to calculate the grid size. From that, I was able to determine the repeating pattern of squares to be an average of 34” sq. This puts the diamond grid diameter at about 48” (√2 × 34 = 48)

So, measuring the floor as square tiles with diagonal Xs (laid square - as Jethro believes it to be), they are 48” tiles. As a stained concrete floor with a diagonally scored grid (which I believe it to be), the repeat pattern of grid square is 34”. While we may not agree on how the floor was laid or what materials were used, we came to the same determination with regards to the grid size - the important element.

The surprising result of that assessment is that now the aspect ratio of the oft-referenced MPD video is off by a factor of nearly 10%. This means after lens correction and aspect ratio adjustment, the wide angle footage from the main hallway would look something more like the images below, making the subject in the video about 10% taller or 10% thinner than many people are seeing.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
Absolutely phenomenal work! I have no idea how you do this. But this is fantastic. Being able to get a much better clearer perspective of what we should be seeing is tremendously helpful. You have remarkable, talent.

GOTTA WONDER what Missy (up in heaven) thinks of us interested in her case. She's probably smiling and understanding our concern. She probably knows that's some day the truth will come out...
Personal note: A few years, after a loved one died, I had a dream of hm walking towards me smiling. I knew then he was OK, so that's how I picture Missy. Sorry if I spooked anyone out! :)

I.can assure you that in Texas, a small-town policeman has never heard the term "Porte cochere", much less use it.

Not really, Cannonball. Lived in TX for 22 years, and porte cocheres are very common there. Many upscale homes have them.

:takeabow:

IMHO

To the first part of your post - freak accidents happen all the time to people. Not knowing any more than we do about what the scene looked like, we can speculate that it was very confusing for those campers to come in and see something horrific that they never expected.

I think it's very possible they misconstrued the situation and initially thought that on a rainy night, MB slipped and crashed through a glass table. And it might not have happened that way in the attack, but the perp could have staged it afterward.

Yes there would have been plenty of other evidence to prove it was not an accident, but not at first glance. Perp would have been buying a little extra time to get further away. JMHO.

BBM. Especially this. how many people upon stumbling across a body under these circumstances is going to immediately think "murder" (apart from WSers, of course!)

I really hope we get something new soon. I'm getting dizzy from all these circles we're spinning. :crosseyed:

Absolutely phenomenal work! I have no idea how you do this. But this is fantastic. Being able to get a much better clearer perspective of what we should be seeing is tremendously helpful. You have remarkable, talent.

You both, Batbrat AND you, will end up in TV! :D Thank you both!

if is's ok with Batbrat, I'd like to see the Green Man videos in the Main thread as well. (All this good stuff, green men, maps etc are too hard to find otherwise)

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Btw: Somewhere (SM) I saw a pic of MT wearing a helmet very similar to SP's helmet, laughing at the photographer, arms of a son around her, at a "car event" or another event (can't recognize).

Seems like SP did their homework on studying the family and their habits to possibly mislead investigators into a couple different directions.

I haven't read ahead, so forgive me if this has already been settled. This is a concrete floor that has been scored, stained and sealed to look like a tile pattern. It appears that the scored lines may have also been grouted. Observe the irregular (meandering) crack that traverses the large "tile" and neighboring border "tile". This is the way concrete cracks due to its aggregate composition. Ceramic tile cracks in smoother lines.

View attachment 98373

Haven't posted in awhile but just a shout out to Batbrat NIN and Jethro for their amazing contributions to the forum. You guys are truly talented. RIP MB prayers for the family and prayers SP is caught soon and brought to justice!!!

BBM. Especially this. how many people upon stumbling across a body under these circumstances is going to immediately think "murder" (apart from WSers, of course!)

I really hope we get something new soon. I'm getting dizzy from all these circles we're spinning. :crosseyed:

Thinking: If I saw a body laying with her head bashed in, would I think murder or not.
First off, church, or no, I wouldn't feel very comfortable going in a church at 5 am. So much craziness in the news. And that's probably why a camper waited for another arrival before going into the church.
But, trying to visualize... I think I'd definitely be in shock. Freak out. Call the police.
Would I think accident? (I've been in a church by myself before). I guess I wouldn't think accident unless i saw a ladder there, and it looked like a fall. Not dangerous areas in the church really.

I think the dog death is so disturbing because it mirrors Missy's death. A little dog was attacked and killed unexpectedly, in a place where safety is assumed. Missy was a petite woman killed unexpectedly in a place where safety is assumed.

The craziest thing to me was that RB's wife got more comments and condolences on the FB post she made about Kilo dying than she did on the post she made about Missy dying.

I noticed that too. It's beyond bizarre.

It all seems very premeditated, very personal. JMO Still think it was a personal vendetta... 2nd thought Paid hit. Def not random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892